Feat Trees

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Feat Trees already exist in the game but I would be interested in seeing more of them in 4E. It seems like there are a handful or useful feat trees and a million individual feats. This may be a personal issue but I sometimes shy away from feat trees even though I know in the end I will benefit because there are so many nice little crunchy feats that seems so much more useful atm.

Thoughts?
Well, I'm sorry to tell you there will be less of them. =/
source
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=13832458#post13832458

We don't need feat trees, feats can just grow with you. :D The problem with feat trees was that they sucked, and that a low bar was set for the power of feats.
That is very unfortunate. Iron Heroes uses feet trees nearly exclusively, and it is s very good idea. On the other hand in those feet trees there is no need to pick all the feats in order to get a higher level one.
I like feat trees!
That is very unfortunate. Iron Heroes uses feet trees nearly exclusively, and it is s very good idea. On the other hand in those feet trees there is no need to pick all the feats in order to get a higher level one.
I like feat trees!

They'll probably have talent trees instead.
Well, I'm sorry to tell you there will be less of them. =/
source

Well, that is disappointing.
Talent trees will do the thing for feat trees. Feats are going to be unique cool abilities and you will gain them more often, like in SAGA.
Talent trees will do the thing for feat trees. Feats are going to be unique cool abilities and you will gain them more often, like in SAGA.

That is really a naming convention. A feat tree is a bunch of ability that have some common thematic and which build upon each other (or in a succession). You can call them talent, but is won't change too much.

But I do agree with you, that in the talent/feet dichotomy talent should be trees whereas feats should be stand alone cool abilities.
Sign In to post comments