Damage Scaling ??

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I heard one of the developers say, in a podcast, that their Duskblade (core class in 4E?) did 500+ damage "A new record for our group!". Is there any more info published on how this will work?

I do not like the idea of that drastic of scaling. I don't want my 10th level character attacking with a weapon for hundreds of points of damage. Will I need a calculator every time I swing my sword?
Tee hee hee. 500 points a record for a dev group?

Pshaw. My kid brother was doing 180+ a round in his second game ever, ever.

I mean seriously, how is a warrior to be considered a credible threat at high levels if he doesn't knock of >50% of a single enemy's health in a round?
I heard one of the developers say, in a podcast, that their Duskblade (core class in 4E?) did 500+ damage "A new record for our group!". Is there any more info published on how this will work?

I do not like the idea of that drastic of scaling. I don't want my 10th level character attacking with a weapon for hundreds of points of damage. Will I need a calculator every time I swing my sword?

1) The duskblade is not a core class in 4E, as far as everyone knows (and yes, the forum members' guesses have been pretty accurate). So it was probably homebrewed.

2)Honest question: Are you sure you didn't misunderstand the context or something?

3)If he did really deal that amount of damage, than you should have in mind that it was a critical with an adapted class using something around a full power attack and channelized spell.

By the way, I was gonna say that 500 damage means nothing, since we don't know how much HP characters and monsters are going to have. But a recent article informed of an ancient dragon with 1000+ HP.
Sign In to post comments