At Will Powers- I'm Hyped!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Man, I don't know about the rest of you but I loved the concept of the Warlock's at will powers. Sure some of you may have your gripes about the warlock, but for me, I loved the fact that I could play a character class that a cool supernatural power that I wasn't limited to once in a blue moon. I mean, how many times do some of you spellcasters get stuck blowing off all your fireballs and magic missiles just to realize that you have a big battle ahead of you still and a Knock spell isn't really going to take down the red dragon that's coming your way? Sure there's resource management, but sometimes the DM will pop a fast one on you. I'm a big fan of letting players have a lot of options in both RPing and combat. The addition of the at will, per-encounter, and per-day powers is what, I think, is what a lot of players like myself have been hoping for.
It is one of the things I'm lookig forward to seeing - not the least of which because it is a concept that isn't limited to the spellcasters. It will be nice to see other classes getting their own flavour of spectacular things to do in combat.
At least I have my proper avatar now, I guess. But man is this cloud dark.
It is one of the things I'm lookig forward to seeing - not the least of which because it is a concept that isn't limited to the spellcasters. It will be nice to see other classes getting their own flavour of spectacular things to do in combat.

Oh yeh totally. I think we're going to see more powers like fighters throwing a spear through three enemies at once and rangers shooting out the an enemies eyes. I think WotC realized it was kind of boring doing the same old "Point/Click" attack method for many characters: roll init, charge bad guy, swing sword at bad guy, wash-rinse-repeat.
Sign In to post comments