The Basics

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already, but there actually needs to be rules for eating and sleeping this addition. We know most races need 8 hours sleep, but we don't know what happens if they don't, or get part of a nights sleep or oversleep. And what the difference between a night in a bed roll and a night in an inn or a night on the ground? Also, what happens when characters don't eat, or how much they need to eat, or overeat. Nothing fancy for this, just a simple set of rules.
If there are is a condition track that will be much easier to handle. I would say a normal person who gets 8 hours of sleep has 0 steps on the track. 6 to <8 is -1 persistent step. 4 to <6 is -2 persistent steps.

You get the idea.
If there are is a condition track that will be much easier to handle. I would say a normal person who gets 8 hours of sleep has 0 steps on the track. 6 to <8 is -1 persistent step. 4 to <6 is -2 persistent steps.

Bah, kids these days...

"Nature needs but five
Custom gives you seven
Laziness takes nine
And wickedness eleven."

When I was in my early twenties, I thought that rhyme was the craziest thing I'd ever heard. Now that I'm pushing forty, it seems more true every day.
Starving and thirst is covered in the 3.x PHB, no need to have something brand new.
Wizards and clerics need sleep/rest to replenish their spells (might change a bit in 4e), so they will sleep. Otherwise use a mechanic similar to forced march.