Ye Olde "How Can I Become a Playtester" Thread

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, I feel fairly certain this has been asked time and again. But I did a search and did not quickly find an answer to this question: my search-fu is weak.

How does one go about applying for playtesting 4th edition? I was skeptical about D&D 4th at first, but after hearing all the plans they have for it, I've become somewhat excited, and since my RPG group have been playtesters for other games before (and I don't mean just computer games; we have playtested a bit of pnp rpg material too), I was hoping we might make a good addition to the playtesting process.

I looked for a sticky, as well as performing a search, neither of which had much success in the effort... so, here I am.

Also, if this was not the right place to post this thread, my apologies, but I wasn't sure where it would be most appropriate.

Thanks in advance!

PS - anyone happen to know if Wolfgang Baur is working on this project at all? I used to work with him some time ago at Microsoft, and though we didn't know each other well, and thus we lost contact, I thought I'd say hello.
PS - anyone happen to know if Wolfgang Baur is working on this project at all? I used to work with him some time ago at Microsoft, and though we didn't know each other well, and thus we lost contact, I thought I'd say hello.

I don't think he is, but if you want to get in contact with him, you could always try his livejournal: http://the-monkey-king.livejournal.com/
The short answer: Watch D&D Insider for the announcement and then do what it says.

The long answer: Check out this other playtest thread. It has lots of information. But it still comes down to the same answer. It will be announced sometime in September. Watch D&D Insider for the announcement.
Sign In to post comments