Encumberance

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, it's been there since 1st Ed and a lot of people think it should have gone the way of THAC0 years ago. How many of us actually use it in our games? Do we stand there keeping lists of all the gear the PCs gather during the adventure and keep track of who's got a Heavy load and who doesn't? Beyond what the character is initially equipped with I generally don't pay much attention to it.
Okay, it's been there since 1st Ed and a lot of people think it should have gone the way of THAC0 years ago. How many of us actually use it in our games? Do we stand there keeping lists of all the gear the PCs gather during the adventure and keep track of who's got a Heavy load and who doesn't? Beyond what the character is initially equipped with I generally don't pay much attention to it.

I use it in the games I DM. I don't hound players too greatly over it, but I ask that they keep a reasonable track of it. It usually only becomes an issue for low strength characters, so it's not a huge problem.
There does have to be some limit to how much a character can carry, or players will try to haul around tons of loot. Literally.

But, yeah, in my experience, Encumberance is pretty much ignored.