Release Dates: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enworld 4th ed updates: http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=4e (and don't forget to check out Wizards 4E forums)

D&D Experience
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=997610

---
To Be Confirmed
---

July 15th 2008 - Monster Survival Guide: Dragons (US$19.95)
July 2008 - Against the Giants: A Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Huge Pack (ISBN-10: 0786948175) US$21.99
March 2008 - D&D Icons: Gargantuan Orcus (ISBN-10: 0786947462) US$39.99

D&D 4th Edition or possibly related
Star Wars SAGA Edition
D&D 3.5 - Compatibility with 4th Edition unknown
Novels

---
Confirmed (Subject to possible changes)
---

IMAGE(http://d20-system.info/DnD4E.jpg)
NEW RELEASE DATE: JUNE 2008 for all three books

P2 - Demon Queens Enclave
ISBN: 9780786949779
Page Count: 96
SRP: $ 24.95 US

Release Date: December 2008

---

Manual of the Planes (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786950027
Page Count: 160
SRP: $ 29.95 US

Release Date: December 2008

---

Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949809
Page Count: 288
SRP: $ 39.95 US

Release Date: November 18, 2008

---

Star Wars: Scum & Villainy (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786950355
Page Count: 224

Release Date: November 18, 2008

---

P1 - King of the Trollhaunt Warrens
ISBN: 9780786949281

Release Date: October 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: DELUXE Players Handbook 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786950430
Page Count: 320
SRP: $ 74.95 US

Release Date: October 21, 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: DELUXE Monster Manual 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786950454

---

Dungeons & Dragons: DELUXE Dungeon Master's Guide 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786950447

---

Martial Power (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949816

---

FR1 - Scepter Tower of Spellgard
ISBN: 9780786949540

Release Date: September 16, 2008

---

Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949298

---

Tome of Treasures (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949786

---

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949236

Release Date: August 19, 2008

---

Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786949243
Page Count: 288

---

H3 - Pyramid of Shadows
ISBN: 9780786949359

---

H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth
ISBN: 9780786948727

Release Date: July 15th, 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: Character Record Sheets 4th Edition
ISBN: 9780786948536
SRP: $ 9.95 US

Release Date: July 15, 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: Premium Dice
ISBN: 9780786948741
SRP: $ 12.95 US

Release Date: July 15, 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: DMG / PH / MM (Slipcase)
ISBN: 9780786950638
Page Count: 852 (made up by 3 books)
SRP: $ 104.95 US

Release Date: June 6, 2008

---

Dungeons & Dragons: Dungeon Master's Guide 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786948802
SRP: $ 34.95 US

---

Dungeons & Dragons: Monster Manual 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786948529

---

Dungeons & Dragons: Players Handbook 4th Edition (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786948673

---

Star Wars: Threats of the Galaxy (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786947812

Release Date: May 20, 2008

---

Dungeons of Dread Miniatures (Booster)
ISBN: 9780786947553
SRP: $ 14.99 US

Release Date: April 15, 2008

---

H1 - Keep on the Shadowfell + Quick Start Rules (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786948505

Release Date: May 20, 2008

---

Star Wars: Force Unleashed Campaign (Hardcover)
ISBN: 9780786947430

Release Date: TBC
Great Post!

It probably should go in the 4E forums, though...

Fairbanks
Fairbanks, level 5 Human, Slayer (Multiclass: Cavalier) Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort Background: Blademaster (Acrobatics class skill) Theme: Neverwinter Noble FINAL ABILITY SCORES STR 18, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 13 STARTING ABILITY SCORES STR 16, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12 AC: 20 Fort: 19 Ref: 16 Will: 14 HP: 49/49 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 10 [X] Action Point [] Second Wind TRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +10, Athletics +11, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +7, Intimidate +8 UNTRAINED SKILLS Arcana +2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +2, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +2, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5 POWERS Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack Card Link Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack Card Link [] Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort Card Link [X] [X] Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike Card Link [X] Fighter Utility: Duelist's Assault Card Link [] Fighter Utility: Mobile Blade Card Link [] Level 2 Utility: Honorable Challenge Card Link [] Neverwinter Noble Utility: Take Heart, Friend! Card Link Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura Card Link [] Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance Card Link FEATS Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise Level 1: Armor Finesse Level 2:Heavy Armor Agility Level 4: Squire of Righteousness ITEMS Dagger x3 Adventurer's Kit Aecris Black Iron Scale Mail +1 Horned Helm (Heroic Tier) Holy Symbol of Bahamut 1 Opal 73g 145s 50c
I have to say I like the look of the core book covers. I hope the real deal ends up being at least as good.

L
Just an update regarding the DELUXE Players Handbook (adjusted the schedule) and price changes from $29.95 to $34.95 on the core books

Also, played with the idea of throwing this in the 4th ed. forum, but it is about the release schedule as a whole, just the fact that 4th ed falls into the scheduling.

I view the 4th ed forum as a place to discuss 4th ed.

The Future Release forum as a spotlight on what is coming...This isn't really a discussion so much as a heads up which is valid to people interested in 4th ed and those who may not decide to visit the 4th ed forum (I for one no longer do as I figure I am not welcome on that front...that and the fact that I let my foot in mouth abilities run rampant, so I'll leave that forum alone to those who feel so inclined and keep my old crotchety self to simply keeping people updated with facts...nothing but the facts mum)

Wait... Do you have to buy the Character sheets?
Wait... Do you have to buy the Character sheets?

I doubt it. There have been character sheets available to buy for 3e too, but the sheets were still offered for free on the website.
The Dragon Above - Eberron news and new content for both 3E and 4E. Home of the Eberron Bestiary.
You can create your own, it is really only useful for people who want pretty character sheets. Most people who do buy them tend to photocopy them anyway or as mentioned, build their own and don't bother.

Character sheet packs are just a quick start option for people lacking in time (and occasionally resources like printers/photoicopiers) more than anything else.
Very useful. Can I add a link? It's the EN World 4e page, which updates almost daily with new stuff.

http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=4e
Just an update regarding the DELUXE Players Handbook (adjusted the schedule) and price changes from $29.95 to $34.95 on the core books

Did you happen to check out Amazon.com on the Deluxe Player Handbook? $74.95 It doesn't state what you get for over 3 times the price.

Kinda what to know so I can put my pre-order in and get 5% more off.
Most likely the same as the Deluxe 3.5 Player's Handbook ... ie Leatherette/leather (?) cover and that's it.
So, just got word about a new series of books: Monster SUrvival Guides, the first will apparently be Dragons in July, more details as soon as I get confirmation.

Guess we can look forward to Orcs, Drow and heaven only knows how many more.
While I was perusing a list of things that Wizards will be releasing, two things caught my eye. Figured I would tack them on to the list here instead of in the miniatures forums.

1. Against the Giants: A Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Huge Pack
ISBN-10: 0786948175
List price of $21.99 set to come out 7/15/2008

and

2. D&D Icons: Gargantuan Orcus
ISBN-10: 0786947462
List price $39.99 set to come out 3/18/2008

Another huge pack is kinda nice but not sure why I want a gargantuan Orcus,
Added the minis to the TO BE CONFIRMED section once I confirm via another source.

Also added the cancellation of the d20 System license (OGL will continue to exist) to the top of the list.
Also added the cancellation of the d20 System license (OGL will continue to exist) to the top of the list.

Brand Manager Scott Rouse was quoted that they're working to incorporate "compatibility with 4e D&D" clause into the new OGL.

Personally, I'm skeptical. I prefer content use license and trademark use license to be separate entities.
Brand Manager Scott Rouse was quoted that they're working to incorporate "compatibility with 4e D&D" clause into the new OGL.

Personally, I'm skeptical. I prefer content use license and trademark use license to be separate entities.

You would hope that they have it very clearly outlined once they release it.

OGL to me is all about use the system but create your own world, d20 System was if you wanted to use things a little closer to D&D (ie Drow reference perhaps rather than the generic dark elf...if I recall that was ok till now, though the use of Forgotten realms was off limits...been a very long time since I read it)

On the other hand, by having an OGL only license (with what ever additions may be added), it may avoid much confusion in the future if everyone reads the same document.

See how it all goes
You would hope that they have it very clearly outlined once they release it.

OGL to me is all about use the system but create your own world,

Or use the system, modify it, and create your own game, like Mutants & Masterminds.

d20 System was if you wanted to use things a little closer to D&D (ie Drow reference perhaps rather than the generic dark elf...if I recall that was ok till now, though the use of Forgotten realms was off limits...been a very long time since I read it)

If you want to add to or support D&D games, or use the D&D rules as foundation without having to rehash the entire thing, then might as well go with the d20 System logo on your product.

On the other hand, by having an OGL only license (with what ever additions may be added), it may avoid much confusion in the future if everyone reads the same document.

Bah! Even a child can tell the difference between a content license (OGL) and a trademark use license (d20 System).

I just hope the WotC-specific trademark use section of the new OGL is optional. Otherwise, I would encourage publishers like Green Ronin (publisher of Mutants & Masterminds) to stick with the old versions.
I just hope the WotC-specific trademark use section of the new OGL is optional. Otherwise, I would encourage publishers like Green Ronin (publisher of Mutants & Masterminds) to stick with the old versions.

By the sounds of it, the trademark section is very simple with no options

i.e. No one can use it (d20 trademarks) except for Wizards of the Coast!

They may adjust it, but sounds like that is the way they are going.

Anyway, have to adjust the release schedule a little
By the sounds of it, the trademark section is very simple with no options

i.e. No one can use it (d20 trademarks) except for Wizards of the Coast!

They may adjust it, but sounds like that is the way they are going.

Anyway, have to adjust the release schedule a little

Well, I don't know how far they'll let third-party publisher who intend on making a 4e-compatible (or 4e-supported) product to use the trademark as part of the Compatibility Claim label, and I don't mean just the logo. The very words "Dungeons & Dragons" is a trademark.

I hope that as the date grows closer, Scott Rouse would be able to clarify that section of the new OGL. I also think it should be optional.

Still, it doesn't change my stance that OGL and Trademark Use License should be separate. OGL is about content, the ability to use the SRD in ways that WotC would never dare to go, such as Mutants & Masterminds, Castles & Crusades, and Monte Cook's World of Darkness
Still i have a question, there will bethe online sale? coz i dont live in the states and i want so badly the 4th thing... still -.- i hope they have match with 3.5 T__TU thnnks
34.95 as the starting price point for 4ed? No thanks. I remember 3.0 and 3.5 both starting at 20 bucks. the 34 increase came along months later. Further proof that this is all about the money.

I might have to rethink my stance on just buying the PH to a full boycott of this inane edition.
34.95 as the starting price point for 4ed? No thanks. I remember 3.0 and 3.5 both starting at 20 bucks. the 34 increase came along months later. Further proof that this is all about the money.

Actually no, it's a clear demonstration of inflation at work. That $5 increase does not all go into WotC pocket. (Only about $2.50-$3 of it...and then they have to pay for the extra costs due to rise in fuel costs and other sundry expense increases...and of course the taxman gets his cut as well.) And 3.5 was either $25 or $30, because 3.0 went up just before 3.5 was released.

In short, if they were sticking with 3.5, you might have seen a price hike anyway.

The real "proof" about it being all about the money is if there is very little difference between 3.5 and 4.

If the only change is artwork, then yes I'll agree, if they have completely reworked/streamlined the rules set...then maybe not.

Just a matter of waiting to see the final product and compare it to the previous.
34.95 as the starting price point for 4ed? No thanks. I remember 3.0 and 3.5 both starting at 20 bucks.

I remember the promotional upgrade price ($20) was for a limited time (from August 2000 to December 2001), but just for 3.0e. I don't recall 3.5e core rulebooks starting with $20 each. Both 3.x standard retail price is $30 (US).

Most likely the same as the Deluxe 3.5 Player's Handbook ... ie Leatherette/leather (?) cover and that's it.

The 3.5 version had gilt-edged pages (silvered), a ribbon bookmark stitched into the binding, and all of the errata to the date of publishing. And the covers were bound in real leather (not faux).

Additionally, the 3.5 version had sixteen months worth of errata and corrections included to keep you from having to reference a printout at each game session to be certain you had the rules right.

Finally, there was a reason for the 3.5 leather bound editions. They were to commemorate D&D’s 30th anniversary. That was something a lot of us fans wanted to celebrate, too, so it was a good reason to help us spend the money.

Luxury, value, and a reason.

The 4th edition will likely have the same luxury features. It will be released only four months after the first publication of the 4th edition PHB. There’s no way anyone would have had enough time to sift through all the errata and clarification questions the fans had submitted in a single month in that time, let alone in the entire four. And then there’s the lack of a reason, unless you consider the 33rd anniversary to be significant.

All the 4th edition deluxe PHB has going for it is luxury. It won’t even have a quarter of the added value, and it is missing the big reason that the 3.5 leather bound PHB had. There isn’t a real significant reason to spend three times as much for the same exact content I just bought four months earlier (or to wait four months for one core book when I could be playing 4th edition D&D with my friends for those four months already) just because it looks prettier on the shelf.

As a fan, I'd be willing to wait a year longer to get the same sixteen months of additional value the 3.5 leather bound PHB had, but not two years to get the better reason (people seem to put more significance in anniversaries in increments of five and ten years). So, I'd suggest pushing back the release date for the 4th edition deluxe PHB one year. Anything less would run the risk of the product dying out of the gate, and I would personally like to see future deluxe editions published.
Just added Forgotten Realms Player's Guide and Magic Item Compendium 1 to the release schedule
Just added Forgotten Realms Player's Guide and Magic Item Compendium 1 to the release schedule

I think the fr adventure is confirmed.;)

http://www.amazon.com/Scepter-Tower-Spellgard-Adventure-Forgotten/dp/0786949546/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198724094&sr=1-7

Unless, of course, you mean by someone at wotc.
The way I am working it is double confirmation.

Amazon is one source, the second source used to double check is our own source on the release schedule. If both match up, then I list it as confirmed.

If it only appears on one or is mentioned by someone (Most times because they point to Amazon), it will be listed under to be confirmed (Just requiring the secondary confirmation which I look up)

As just shown with the Magic Item Compendium changing names to Tome of Treasures, things change and can be in conflict with the other source so the double check to try to keep the information accurate.

Hope that explains a bit behind my approach to the release schedule listing.

added Deluxe DMG, Deluxe MM and Martial Power to the release list (October)
Seen the cover of the new eberron book next months? It allready has the 4th Ed. D&D logo on the front cover and apparently the new 4th Ed. layout as well.
Lands of the Barbarian Kings Campaign Setting - http://barbaripedia.eu
Dear board members:

Is the gift set supposed to be released at the same time as the three core books?

If so, I'll have to preorder the gift set instead of the PHB...
They all come out on June 6, according to amazon.com.
the gift set is more expensive then the individual books on amazon.ca. weird.
if I am getting into dnd at 4th edition for the first time. what should i aim at buying to get me started?
Player's Handbook, that's all you need to "start" but for a good all around choice to run games with you should also grab the Dungeon Master's Guide and Monster Manual.

All three will also be available as mentioned in a slipcase.

The Keep on the Shadowfell adventure will be out before that as a leadin, but you can always create your own adventures and not worry about that side of things. Good to fill a gap if you don't want to put in the effort though.
Actually, the one thing you must get...

A group of friends to play with...3-4 plus yourself tends to be a good size.

Then only one of you needs a book, most likely the person running the game who will also have the other two books.

You really only need the PH as a player if your going to be running through the rules alot or wish to double check on things away from the game
couple of modifications and added in the D&D experience links at the top as well as double checking releases.
Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/217887200

I really hope that means we'll get at least Draconomicon II: Metallic Dragons.
They have said as much.
To see my campaign world visit http://dnd.chrisnye.net My music -> www.myspace.com/Incarna My music videos -> www.youtube.com/Auticusx
Added Draconomicon I and Scum & Villainy
NEW RELEASE DATE: JUNE 2008 for all three books

I don't know if this is the right thread, but anyone know the dates for Europe? (belgium in specific)? ...
Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - Stone Gaint

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
who am I kidding? my ego would never fit in a box