Character builder

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

hey everyone i'm a DDI subscriber, and i've just used the CB to build my character, now i need some way to copy and paste it for my online campaign?

I see the clipboard on the character sheet page, but it is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Anyone know how to use the Clipboard on the CB to post your character build?

As I understand it, you can only copy and paste the plain text of the character.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Tony_Vargas wrote:

As I understand it, you can only copy and paste the plain text of the character.

I can't even find out how to do this?

What you want to do is click the arrow right next to where it says "Character Builder" and scroll down and click "Character Summary" once that's selected you can click clipboard which will have it saved, and now you can paste it where you want.

IMAGE(http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb126/FearTheLiving-DFG/FearTheLiving.png)

Sweet, thanks man!

I pull up the full sheet and go to the print screen and use a pdf creator to print to a pdf.  This makes it so much easier to move around the character.

Britainicus wrote:

I pull up the full sheet and go to the print screen and use a pdf creator to print to a pdf.  This makes it so much easier to move around the character.

Thats what I do, too.

However, most annoyingly, it created the PDF as a graphic, so it is both large and you cannot copy and paste the text.  Which is clearly a deliberate design strategy.

If you particular want to copy and paste the text, its often easier to log into the Compendium and look up the individual powers.  Still a PITA though ;)