Dungeon Tiles

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Are there any differences between the tiles that were published for 3.5 and 4e? Im wanting to know if the 3.5 ones are the same scale as the 4e ones.

Thanks in advance
They're the same scale and match perfectly.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

Sweet....

Thanks for the info.

So would 3 of each suffice for any type of adventure I run or is that to much?
Sweet....

Thanks for the info.

two should be enough, really.
Only once have I found myself wishing I had a third of a given tile.
My "two of each" collection is usually sufficiently overkill.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I buy one set, scan them in and arrange them on the pc before printing out the whole battle area. Saves me the money of buying 2 or 3 sets and makes it so I don't have to arrange them during play.

I think that would be rather excessive! Do you have any of the sets already? If not, I'd recommend getting one or two sets and just working with them for a while before you decide whether to buy any more.

I've only got 4 sets total (3 of the 3.5 ones and one 4th edition one) and I find it's plenty, although I'll probably get the rest of the 4th edition ones eventually just to have more variation.

Having said that, I usually only have the room or area the party is currently in actually set up on the table and only for combat encounters, since I prefer to describe what the PCs see rather than just relying on tiles (and I'm not too fussy about using the exact right tile for everything, as long as the players know what each tile represents). If you want to have the whole dungeon set up on the table at once, then you'll obviously need a lot more tiles than I do!

"My flying carpet is full of elves."