101. . . no, 1001 uses for Tenser's Floating Disc!

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. Carry your swag out of the dungeon.

2. Carry yourself across quicksand, traps, and other difficult or dangerous terrain safely.

3. Use as a stepladder to reach the top shelf.

4. Two words: giant wok.

5. Use it as a low table for eating breakfast.

6. Build your campfire on it. . . then quickly clean up camp afterwards by moving it over the edge of the cliff and dispelling it.
7. Everyone on the party needs one & you can play follow the leader riding each other's discs.

8. To carry the fighter with that scale armor with your 8 strength wizard if he dies. (oh wait if he died, your probably dead too)
9. The perfect size to hold a pizza for the whole party.

10. Challenge the giants to a game of floating shuffleboard.

11. Convenient for carrying around the kids while you adventure.

12. Wrap in black cloth, frighten particularly gullible savages with the manifestation of the avatar of the Great Hockey God.
13. Practical stripper platform
14. Hold it over your head as a Destructo Disc, and imagine you're a DBZ character.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/toee/0c192c1cefb74a2a598eb6d51c35fdc7.jpg)
57117398 wrote:
You blew me apart. That's not necessarily fatal.
http://iris.alphachat.net/?uio=d4&channels=gleemax Chat for all you folks. Rude and Azuro, you two especially. Get on chat more.
15. Build squattish wood and iron structures with arrow slits and float them into battle like flying tanks.
16. Use as a litter for the party's dorf cleric so she's not accidentally stepped on during combat.

17. Put your Portable Hole on top of it and tell your friends "Hey - we can use this to cross the river!"
Hold on!! #15 is an awesome idea. Especially if you combine that with #6. Tenser's Floating Bonfire!! Bringing this into combat is a great piece of control with no sustain requirements. Congratulations, you just made a ritual into a combat control mechanism. Add to that the fact that there is no limit to the number of Tenser's Floating Bonfires a character can have (other than gold and time) and you might as well bring a couple (I think more than two would be getting a bit ridiculous).

I'd also ask my DM if the smoke can block line of effect/sight.
Hold on!! #15 is an awesome idea. Especially if you combine that with #6. Tenser's Floating Bonfire!! Bringing this into combat is a great piece of control with no sustain requirements. Congratulations, you just made a ritual into a combat control mechanism. Add to that the fact that there is no limit to the number of Tenser's Floating Bonfires a character can have (other than gold and time) and you might as well bring a couple (I think more than two would be getting a bit ridiculous).

I'd also ask my DM if the smoke can block line of effect/sight.

If you actually pull this off, let me know how it goes. :D
18. Entertain the locals with a children's ride.

19. Halfling hammock.
20. Challange those pesky giants to a game of frisbee.
21) Float through town lying on your side on your disc, eating expensive sweetmeats and bemoaning the laziness of the lower classes. Survive three minutes without being beaten by angry peasants.

22) When inviting a date to your house, answer the door lying on the disk the same way as above, but wearing a bathrobe.
23) Pull off a Rygel and use it as a frelling throne-sled.

Cheers, LT.
24) Speak face to face with the halfling. Or gnome. Or Dwarf.

25) Speak down to, well.. everyone. Especially good for Arrogant Warlords.
26.) Use as a birdbath for a Vrock.
27) Fill it with meat and run it in front of you to attrack some combat attention from opponents that are dum, hungry, or bugbears.
27) Fill it with meat and run it in front of you to attrack some combat attention from opponents that are dum, hungry, or bugbears.

28.) As above but use it at the local blink dog track as a replacement for the non-existent imaginary 'mechanical' rabbit.
29) Fill it with fruit, then vodka, then Party On!
30) Fruit. Chocolate. Women. Better Party!
31) Ooooommmmm... Actual floating meditation.

32) GIANT FLOATING CHESS PIECES (real wizards chess)

33) Magical "disk chair" for you now paralyzed Fighter...ouch.

Na Zdravi
I really like #32.

34) Private boat, very private

35) Use it as a reverse trap-door.

36) Use it to annoy the halfling (conjure it while the halfling is asleep, move it 50 feet above the ground, wait).
37. Mystic Umbrella - works against hailstones, too!
38) Practical Battle Platform: No more difficult terrain...triggering ground traps...ect...

39) Extreme disk sports, skate and snowboarding come to mind, as well as skiing and surfing.

40) When your buying drinks at the tavern, you don't have to carry them all now...Just yours

Na Zdravi
41) For those one-trip-only salad bars :evillaugh
lol...wow, talk about cleaning house.

42) For when you have heavy furniture to move
43) Convenient desk for field operations (copying spells, dividing loot, making maps, etc.)
Love #40. In fact, I can image a whole tavern based on this. The bartender has a couple of TFDS delivering drinks around the room. Heck, hang a shiny ball from the ceiling and call it a 'Disco'.
My Sorc Guide Link: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19649162/Joes_Sorcerer_Guide_AP_update_51509 My Genesi Wizard Blaster Link: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/25082729/Miniguide_to_Genesi_LightningThunder_Blaster_Wizard_%2806-2010%29
41. Parade drunk and naked party members around town.
"Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads, swords for everyone" - Minsc, BG
45.) Stepping-stool to reach those high grocery store shelves.
46.) Single-halfing hot tub.

Optionally, combine this one with the one from post #27 above.
The notorious tjhairball of legend and lore.
47. Stand ABOVE the terrain you just altered.

48. Fill it with heavy junk and dispell it over somethings head. Wammy! :D

49. The best 3 card montey box EVER!
50. Slowly empty out a lake.

51. Go fishing for lava.

52. Leave holes in the bottom and go fishing for fish.
53) Fill with baking soda, then float it over that pool of acid trap. Dismiss and enjoy the bubbles.
54.) Bowl for a giant bowl of cereal (great for in front of Saturday Morning Cartoons)
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
55.) Prisoner interrogation. Blindfold him, put him on the disk, and after a few minutes of walking around tell him he's on the edge of a huge cliff, and push him off (a variant of the old helicopter trick).
56) Fill with 2 gallons of flaming oil and ram the troll.
57. turn it sideways abd use it as a shield
58) For the Raven Queen devotee: "Bring out your dead!"
59) Put a large stone on it, hover it over a trap sensor and dispell. Hands-free 10-foot pole!
60) Ultimately Annoying Trap: TFD's + Portable Holes (on top of the TFD's) + Long Hallway + Bored Evil Wizard = Tons of fun :D

61) One to hold the pizza, another to cut the slices :P

62) Bring new meaning to the term "thrill ride" ;)
63) Fill it with something metal and clangy, I'm thinking bells, and have a perfect 24 hour timer.

64) Make a sundae fit for an ogre, or a halfling and a half.
65) get 2 people to dress up as giant paddles in front of goal nets and play the worlds largest game of Air Hockey

66) Float it up real high and tell a town you'll blot out the sun permanently if they don't pay you 1Million gold.

67) Carry all of your 3.5E books to the dump now that they're all useless.