Power Cards for 4e

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
The power cards have been UPDATED yet again!!

NEW!!! Magic Item Cards in both TCG and Index Card sizes!

The Power Cards themselves got a minor redesign and now have a slightly larger type-able area!

They are still PDF forms. They are in two sizes - standard TCG cards and 3x5 Index Cards. The TCG size comes in a mixed sheet of At-Will, Encounter, and Daily as well as full sheets of At-Will, Encounter, Daily, and Item cards. The index cards are obviously all individual. As printer margins for index cards can vary, I left a full bleed out to the edge. So you can print without resizing and get color as close to the edge as your printer will allow. All of the PDFs now have Adobe Reader usage rights enabled. So anyone should be able to download them, fill in the data using the form fields and then save, in case you want to print more with the same info in the future (without having to retype it all!). Let me know how you like them. And if you want to repost links in other forums, I just ask that you give credit back here to this post. Thanks.

Enjoy!

Index of All Cards

IMAGE(http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/16/4epowercardsqg0.th.jpg)
Mighty fine power cards. Any chance you want to do ones that have all the info for all 700+ powers in the PHB? Mainly so I don't have to?:P
You, my friend, have just made my houserules easier x 1000%! Caaaaaard stooooock, caaaaaaard stoooooock... tiiiime tooooo raaaiiiid ooooofffffice supplyyyyyy clooooooset! Muuuust priiiint theeeeeese at wooooork whennnnn bossssss isssss awaaaaaaayy soooo I dooon't uuuuuuse myyyy ownnnn innnnk! (Yeah, this is me going all zombified. I have a toothache. Don't ask. We need a zombie smiley.)
Thank you. Those are excellent cards!
Wow...those look great! Some of the best looking ones I've seen so far. Nice work!
I was bored this afternoon so I made some Power Cards for use at the table during 4e games. They are standard trading card size, so they'll fit in any protectors or sleeves. They are a PDF form. So you can print the sheet of 9 cards and write in the info by hand, or you can type it into the fields using Acrobat then print them. I would suggest printing in color and using card stock. I'm going to have my players "tap" their powers as they use them ala MTG.

Enjoy!

PowerCard-Sheet.PDF

You do of course realize you have just opened this up to the many OMG 4e is the MTG edition arguments.... don't you?

These are nice btw, thanks, I had actually written over MTG cards already with a felt marker to make some.
You do of course realize you have just opened this up to the many OMG 4e is the MTG edition arguments.... don't you?

Heheh. Maybe more people will download the cards I made then! I would take that as quite a compliment.
Nice work. Your skills as a designer are impressive.

Maybe Wizards will hire you on?
Aah, amazing! I was thinking of photocopying all of the powers for my PCs to use (it's gonna be a first-ever-D&D-game for one of them, and we'll only have 1 PHB to reference for the rest) but this seems even better, thanks!
You are my new favorite. These are awesome!! The colors, and the form fields!!! *happy dances* Awesomeness. Yes.
Great work on the Powers Cards they should be real helpful in running my character . My only question is where are the utility cards . Hopefully they will come out soon to round off this great gaming tool.
Thanks
Great work on the Powers Cards they should be real helpful in running my character . My only question is where are the utility cards . Hopefully they will come out soon to round off this great gaming tool.
Thanks

Utilities can be set up with the cards as they are. In the PHB, they are colored according to how often they are able to be used (encounter or daily powers.)

These are nice btw, thanks, I had actually written over MTG cards already with a felt marker to make some.

I already made that arguement when the Powers article specifically mentioned MTG, and had pictures of it and said to use cards in sleeves for powers. :P
Thanks

Since I didn't differentiate the cards based on whether a power was an Attack power or a Utility power, you should be able to use them as-is for either.
Well my gaming group officially loves the cards. I hope you all are finding them useful as well! And I really love seeing all the other user-developed tools and aides being made as well.
They look very nice. I was just thinking today if WotC actually sold official ones, I would buy them, this is great!
Thanks dude, these are great! My only suggestion, is to make it 1 card per power (daily encounter at will) per page that way I can put my index cards in my printer and go to town. It would work better for me as I wouldn't have to by card sleeves (not much into magic)
The essential theme song- Get a little bit a fluff da' fluff, get a little bit a fluff da' fluff! (ooh yeah) Repeat Unless noted otherwise every thing I post is my opinion, and probably should be taken as tongue in cheek any way.
Thanks dude, these are great! My only suggestion, is to make it 1 card per power (daily encounter at will) per page that way I can put my index cards in my printer and go to town. It would work better for me as I wouldn't have to by card sleeves (not much into magic)

Here they are individually. If there's interest, I can rework and resize them for index cards. Would 3x5 or 4x6 be preferred?

Encounter
Daily
At-Will
Any chance that while you're doing it you might make a B&W version? White/Gray/Black for At-Will/Encounter/Daily or something?
I really like these cards. Would it be possible to get full sheets of Encounter and Daily powers for the Adobe illiterate? I'd like to print out enough cards for the players in my groups, but that will leave us with WAY too many At Will cards.
They look very nice. I was just thinking today if WotC actually sold official ones, I would buy them, this is great!

Oh you can bet they will have power cards out, 2e did spell cards (they were pretty crappy though) and it would be tons easier to do power cards, especially since they already have a handle on how to print cards. The worst part is they will probably come in random packs of 8 cards with 2 uncommons and 1 rare.. "Hey bob did you get that rare brute smash i needed?" Awww man not another Magic Missle, that makes 14 of the things....I joke... at least i hope i do....
These are very nifty indeed. Thanks, Johnny!
Looks good. They look similar to mine, but I imagine Power Cards could only have so many ways of looking.

http://www.neceros.com/forum/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=11

Might I suggest rounding off those corners.
Neceros' Character Sheets
Many sheets for many systems.
And you even left enough room to put some art on them, wee! :P
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Looks good. They look similar to mine, but I imagine Power Cards could only have so many ways of looking.

http://www.neceros.com/forum/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=11

Might I suggest rounding off those corners.

I don't mean any offense, but the rounded corners is actually one of the reasons I don't use your cards. See, I got the card protector sleeves (the kind for M:TG cards) with corresponding colours (red, green, black) and since I am printing off these at home, I just a ruler and a knife to cut them and place them into the sleeve. With the rounded corners, you have little white parts on the corners, unless you want to trim them off, which takes even more time or you don't care how they look, at which point you could just use hand written index cards. I'm in the former category.. the little white parts drive me nuts every time I look at them, so I'd have to cut the corners so to speak.

Oh, and JFJohnny5, if you were going to resize them for index cards, my vote would be 3x5.

JfJohnny5, another thing I noticed with your individual cards is that the text resizes to fit, so for instance in the keyword section I put 'Arcane, Implement, Thunder' the text gets smaller, but on the full page power card sheet, the text does not. Is this something you can change on your end, or is it my adobe reader and lack of skills that make this frustrating for me and prevents me from doing such myself?
Here they are individually. If there's interest, I can rework and resize them for index cards. Would 3x5 or 4x6 be preferred?

Encounter
Daily
At-Will

I'd really love to see these files, but when I try to open them, I get a message that says the file is damaged and cannot be repaired..... anyone else get the same, or am I special?
You should just wait I'm sure that Wotc will release power cards within the next year. Professionally made with spiffy artwork and guess what they may even make new powers that will only be released in the 14 card packs along with the common cards that come from the core books. It will be their new way of introducing new and unique power options for the core classes. There may even be rare and ultra rare powers. You'll just have to buy enough power packs till you get one. Then you can trade with your friends in order to construct the best character with just the right powers and abilities.

JK :D
You should just wait I'm sure that Wotc will release power cards within the next year. Professionally made with spiffy artwork and guess what they may even make new powers that will only be released in the 14 card packs along with the common cards that come from the core books.

AFAIK there will be blank power cards included with the character sheets coming out next month.
I was a d8: Deep, Dark and Cynical... but apparently they changed the quiz...

Druid.jpg

12.jpg

Member since April 2001
WotC power cards will come with the character sheets next month. They'll be blank, ready to fill in with whatever you want.

And, as much fun as it might be to joke about collectible power cards, it'd never work. Too many options to just make your own, and sets of collectible games get spoilered sometimes a month before the set hits shelves. Noone would buy them :P
JfJohnny5, another thing I noticed with your individual cards is that the text resizes to fit, so for instance in the keyword section I put 'Arcane, Implement, Thunder' the text gets smaller, but on the full page power card sheet, the text does not. Is this something you can change on your end, or is it my adobe reader and lack of skills that make this frustrating for me and prevents me from doing such myself?

I just tested them on the full sheet. The text is resizing for me. It is worth noting that the actual text entry area is slightly larger on the full sheet cards as opposed to the individuals. This was a result of the trial-and-error part of the process I used while making them. So it is possible text might resize on the individual cards just because the actual text box is smaller.

I'd really love to see these files, but when I try to open them, I get a message that says the file is damaged and cannot be repaired..... anyone else get the same, or am I special?

Hmmm. Not really an expert with the technical side of Acrobat. Are you using the most current version of the reader?

I am planning on resizing these for 3x5 index cards. But things being busy as they are this week, that might not happen until the weekend. Watch this post for updates.

Thanks everyone for all the great comments! I really appreciate knowing people are enjoying my little contribution.
I just tested them on the full sheet. The text is resizing for me. It is worth noting that the actual text entry area is slightly larger on the full sheet cards as opposed to the individuals. This was a result of the trial-and-error part of the process I used while making them. So it is possible text might resize on the individual cards just because the actual text box is smaller.

I am planning on resizing these for 3x5 index cards. But things being busy as they are this week, that might not happen until the weekend. Watch this post for updates.

Thanks everyone for all the great comments! I really appreciate knowing people are enjoying my little contribution.

Hmm.. This is frustrating.. Do you mind me asking what you are using program wise to test these? Is it Adobe Acrobat (reader or full) or another program? I've tested it both in Acrobat reader, and preview (I'm using a mac, I'm going to test it on PC) so that may be different.

This vexes me sorely.. I don't want the little '+' box or the scroll bar..

Edit: It does the same on PC..
Hmm.. This is frustrating.. Do you mind me asking what you are using program wise to test these? Is it Adobe Acrobat (reader or full) or another program? I've tested it both in Acrobat reader, and preview (I'm using a mac, I'm going to test it on PC) so that may be different.

So far I have tested on a PC with both Reader and Professional and right now I am on a Mac running Parallels. It is working both in OSX and the virtualized Windows environment; Reader in both. Reinstall Reader maybe?

Are others having trouble opening them?
So far I have tested on a PC with both Reader and Professional and right now I am on a Mac running Parallels. It is working both in OSX and the virtualized Windows environment; Reader in both. Reinstall Reader maybe?

Are others having trouble opening them?

Shouldn't be an issue. I only installed Reader just prior to my original post with the issue.
Opening, no. But can you unlock it so that we can save our own filled in cards?
The files are working fine for me. I'd just like to re-request full pages of 9 Encounter or 9 Daily cards, to easily provide cards for my playgroup.
Okay.. I downloaded the file again, and it seems to be working fine now. Perhaps when I originally downloaded it, it was an earlier version, or I did something to it without my knowledge. Sorry for the hassle.. carry on.

P.S. I second the request for sheets of encounter and daily powers (and possiby at will as there are about 53 at will powers currently in the game (including races from the MM)
P.S. I second the request for sheets of encounter and daily powers (and possiby at will as there are about 53 at will powers currently in the game (including races from the MM)

Also coming in addition to the index card size. Again though, might not be until this weekend. ;)
JFJohnny5 you have a PM. ;)
I was a d8: Deep, Dark and Cynical... but apparently they changed the quiz...

Druid.jpg

12.jpg

Member since April 2001
oh, and to the designer.. Awesomeness.. And to make it useable for Acro Reader users, in Acro Pro under Advanced, you just have to enable usage rights...Then save as a seperate file. That file is now saveable for Reader users.

I had the same problem with my CharSheet I created.
Awesome. Thank you very much. :D