So...I recieved a package today...

491 posts / 0 new
Last post
A certain Gift set arrived today from Amazon...

Oodalally...

I'm willing to answer any questions that don't get me in trouble, and if anyone could help me out by pointing out things I shouldn't answer, that'd be great.

Proceed, I'm your oracle.
You pre-ordered from Amazon and got it today? Does the Amazon site confirm delivery? What area do you live in?
As i asked elsewhere, what differences in ability does your cleric's choice of god grant

*pre ordered from amazon-UK, so is hopefull
You pre-ordered from Amazon and got it today? Does the Amazon site confirm delivery? What area do you live in?

Yes.

Yes.

Southeastern U.S.
Aww damn... better make sure my PayPal account has the cash then...
Could you list the Chapter Titles from the DMG?

Cheers

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience.

As i asked elsewhere, what differences in ability does your cleric's choice of god grant

*pre ordered from amazon-UK, so is hopefull

So far, the only real difference between deity choices, appears to be *what* Channel Divinity feat you qualify for (in the vein of the Half-Elf from KotS' Armor of Bahamut)
So far, the only real difference between deity choices, appears to be *what* Channel Divinity feat you qualify for (in the vein of the Half-Elf from KotS' Armor of Bahamut)

hmm, time to plan the "Azure Fire" channel divinity feat, then (campaign specific goddess)
Could you list the Chapter Titles from the DMG?

Cheers

1. How to be a DM
2. Running the Game
3. Combat Encounters
4. Building Encounters
5. Noncombat Encounters
6. Adventures
7. Rewards
8. Campaigns
9. The World
10. Dm Toolbox
11. Fallcrest
Which books has the rules for all the conditions like dazed, weak, etc? Also, does the DMG go into detail about various terrain types like lava, swamps, etc. that PC's might have encounters in?

Cheers

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience.

Which books has the rules for all the conditions like dazed, weak, etc? Also, does the DMG go into detail about various terrain types like lava, swamps, etc. that PC's might have encounters in?

Cheers

The conditions list is in the PHB.

The DMG goes into a lot (alot) of detail about how to work in interesting terrain, weather, and environmental conditions not only into combats to make them exciting, but also into journeys and long range adventures.
Info on fighters, especially pertaining to polearms?

What are Half-Elf stats?

What are the Epic Destinies, and can you list some of the powers they have?

Can you list some high level powers from the various classes with at least a small description of what they do? Maybe fully flesh out a few of the powers that look way cool?
OK, here's a few.

Anything on NPC organisations (guilds, cabals, societies etc) along the lines of the old PHB2?

Any mention of 'fluffy' skills such as crafting, painting or sailing?

Is there the occasional variant rule, such as in the 3e core books?

Any persistent conditions other than curses and diseases?

How about weather? Anything on sea adventures?
Could you by any chance define Lawful Good?
Info on fighters, especially pertaining to polearms?

Fighter's get access to different feats as they advance through the tiers based off of what weapon they use and what their stats are like. (different weapon groups require different emphasis on different stats)

What are Half-Elf stats?

Stats adjustments? +2 con +2 cha

What are the Epic Destinies, and can you list some of the powers they have?

Archmage
Deadly Trickster
Demigod
Eternal Seeker
Can you list some high level powers from the various classes with at least a small description of what they do? Maybe fully flesh out a few of the powers that look way cool?

There's a lot...ALOT... of powers. Any specifics you'd like to know about?
Anything on NPC organisations (guilds, cabals, societies etc) along the lines of the old PHB2?

doesn't seem to be, I'm alittle overwhelmed though, I'll keep digging.

Any mention of 'fluffy' skills such as crafting, painting or sailing?

None that I can find, although the phb mentions that "your dm might have other uses for x skill"

Is there the occasional variant rule, such as in the 3e core books?

As I've noticed so far, only for generating stats.

However, the dmg has a whole section dedicated to designing your own house rules, with a few examples.

Any persistent conditions other than curses and diseases?

Poisons, only one I've noticed so far.

How about weather? Anything on sea adventures?

Although not so much on Sea Adventures, plenty about weather and other environmental conditions and effects.
Could you by any chance define Lawful Good?

It defines LG as the alignment of one who believes that "the system" is there to promote equality and justice amongst all and that codes and laws allow everyone to interact peacefully. It acknowledges that it respects life as much as the next good guy, but it believes that life requires structure to reach its potential.

It also mentions, that when the law ceases to become a tool for justice and good, that it is your duty to oppose it, within the law if possible, on your own if not.
Alright, I'll be specific. :-)

Could you describe a high level Star Pact Warlord Power?

What are the stats used for a Polearm fighter? What is a high level polearm fighter power?

What is a power of a Deadly Trickster, and what is it's flavor?

What is a power of an Eternal Seeker, and what is it's flavor?

What are the benefits of being a demigod?

What are the other benefits of being a half-elf?
A certain Gift set arrived today from Amazon...

Oodalally...

I'm willing to answer any questions that don't get me in trouble, and if anyone could help me out by pointing out things I shouldn't answer, that'd be great.

Proceed, I'm your oracle.

Wow, all I can say is I can't wait to go home and check my doorstep!
Thanks for answering my questions. I have one more. For now, anyway.

Cursed items - do they exist? If so, what's their place in the game (nasty duplicate item to hurt unsuspecting players, obviously cursed, good item with drawbacks, or something else)? Any examples would also be appreciated.
Alright, I'll be specific. :-)

Could you describe a high level Star Pact Warlord Power?

Well, one called "Banish to the Void" teleports an enemy to a starry other realm, does a nice chunk of damage, and when they return, they're insane and lash out at everything around them.

On a side note, although all the warlock powers have a note defining what pact they're usually associated with, you're not restricted to choosing only star pact powers as a star warlock. You just get extra benefits if your pact matches your power.

For instance, if a star pact warlock uses the above power, the insane enemy is alot stronger when he comes back too. More damage to his buddies.

What are the stats used for a Polearm fighter? What is a high level polearm fighter power?

STR and WIS are important for a polearm fighter.

The fighter powers don't seem to be tied to a particular weapon choice, however, many of them have added benefits if you use a particular weapon.

For instance, one called "Talon of the Roc" slows an enemy till the next turn, if you're using a spear, the also can't shift till the next turn.

What is a power of a Deadly Trickster, and what is it's flavor?

Alot of "luck" forced rerolls. It seems to emulate the hero who has just survived so long on his luck and pluck.

What is a power of an Eternal Seeker, and what is it's flavor?

It's kinda a multiclassing option. You get high level powers from other classes and new ways to use action points. Its flavor is kinda the "eternal wanderer" flavor, the guy who just can't settle down long enough to let the stories be written about him.

What are the benefits of being a demigod?

Survivability, demi gods are gonna be hard to kill.

What are the other benefits of being a half-elf?

the ability to take any half-elf, human or elf feats is kinda nice.
diplomacy and insight bonuses for you and the group.
How funny. I just received a "mysterious package" too.

However, I am a greedy ************************************* and will be reading it, and NOT answering your questions.

See you all in a few days!
Let your voice be heard! Tell WotC to Publish D&D 4e under the OGL!
Here's my dumb question:

Does your amazon account still show it being shipped sometime in the future, even though it has arrived?
Thanks for answering my questions. I have one more. For now, anyway.

Cursed items - do they exist? If so, what's their place in the game (nasty duplicate item to hurt unsuspecting players, obviously cursed, good item with drawbacks, or something else)? Any examples would also be appreciated.

Can't find any mention of cursed items.

However, I am a greedy ************************************* and will be reading it, and NOT answering your questions.

Aww c'mon man, share the load! ;)

and yes in fact, my amazon does still say that it has yet to be shipped...hmm
Would someone please post the Wizard Build Options. It's the only class we don't know build options for.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

Appreciate the quick response, would buy from seller again A++++++

(Thanks)
Of all the people I expected to be an ass about getting the books early, I wouldn't have expected you, given how much you've posted on the board. :-p

I would like to make it clear that this is entirely a response based on my wishing _I_ had the books. You're probably a cool guy, and I can't honestly say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't do the same in your shoes. :-)

Can't find any mention of cursed items.

They must be gone then, or on hold for the future. Which is not a bad thing at all.
Could you please list the human race stats, or heck all of the race +s. :D
Would someone please post the Wizard Build Options. It's the only class we don't know build options for.

the two suggested builds are Control Wizard, and War wizard

the class feature options presented that actually differentiate you from other wizards, are based on your implement,

the wand of accuracy, make powers more accurate

the orb of implementation, muck around with your enemies' saves or extend durations.

Staff of defense, AC bonus and temp bonuses of your choice to suit the situation.
I am now furious, as to not risk the money not being the the account for the PayPal debit card (waiting for money paid back from wife for using card to clear the account), I just had to CANCEL MY FRAKKIN ORDER with amazon, and have thus lost my pre-order discount.

What is the name of the buy.com CEO, I needs be kicking him in the damn nuts.
Could you please list the human race stats, or heck all of the race +s. :D

+2 to any stat=humans
+2 Str +2 Cha=Dragonborn
+2 Con +2 Wis=Dwarves
+2 Int +2 Cha=Tieflings
+2 Con +2 Cha= Half-Elves
+2 Dex +2 Int= Eladrin
+2 Dex +2 Cha= Halflings
+2 Dex +2 Wis= Elves
the orb of implementation, muck around with your enemies' saves or extend durations.

I've been championing this idea ever since we learned about the Saves duration mechanic. I'm so happy to see it's in the game, and at so basic a level as an implement! Thank you for letting us know that Orb wizards will be able to pile the negative effects on enemies better than Wand wizards.
Kick him in the nuts hard Operations, I hate that site.

Bloodandthunder-Shifters and Warfordged, how do they work?
the class feature options presented that actually differentiate you from other wizards, are based on your implement,

So this stuck, good to see, and thank you.

Next request: highest level Racial Feats, and/or Epic Rituals.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

What're the Gnome stat bonuses?
Kick him in the nuts hard Operations, I hate that site.

Bloodandthunder-Shifters and Warfordged, how do they work?

Two different shifters available as PC races,

Longtooth, +2 str, +2 Wis
Racial power gives increased damage and regeneration

Razorclaw, +2 Dex +2 Wis
Racial power gives increased speed and reflexes

Warforged, +2 Str +2 Con

Quite a few living construct traits, far less than before, but the most notable being, if they're making a negative hit point roll, they can take their roll, or 10, which ever is better, thus making them immune to "bleeding out"

their racial power gives them a temp hp boost.
I was wondering how zones work? What makes them so different? Are they constant effects? Are there any special rules (besides them being dispellable)? Thanks ;)
Does the Monster Manual present player character stats for Orcs? What about Half Orcs? I have a player who would like to play a half orc, or at least consider it. Can you help a fellow geek out?
Just two types of Shifters? Oh well, shouldn't be to hard to make more.