Pyramid of Shadows short on treasure?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it just me or is PoS short on treasure?
Seems that way to me, though my group has only cleared the first floor so far.
Yes, it is. The adventure is short 15170 gp worth of various things. 20,400 gp worth of magic items (it's missing two level 9s and one each of level 11 and 13, but has one additional item of both 12th and 5th level), and 2,350 gp of monetary treasure are missing. There's 7,580 gp in rituals and what not, but I wasn't sure where those fit under, so I just subtracted it from the total.

My calculation assumes that the players are only getting the parcels for levels 7, 8, and 9. Experience wise, however, they get about halfway through level 10 as well, so theoretically some of the level ten parcels should be in the adventure. This moves the numbers further into the red.

For my group I added a level 12 (worth 13,000 gp) item and about 2000 gp.
Any suggestions on where to put all this stuff?
Yes, it is. The adventure is short 15170 gp worth of various things. 20,400 gp worth of magic items (it's missing two level 9s and one each of level 11 and 13, but has one additional item of both 12th and 5th level), and 2,350 gp of monetary treasure are missing. There's 7,580 gp in rituals and what not, but I wasn't sure where those fit under, so I just subtracted it from the total.

My calculation assumes that the players are only getting the parcels for levels 7, 8, and 9. Experience wise, however, they get about halfway through level 10 as well, so theoretically some of the level ten parcels should be in the adventure. This moves the numbers further into the red.

For my group I added a level 12 (worth 13,000 gp) item and about 2000 gp.

Any suggestions on where to put all this stuff?

In the Dragon Horde, IMO.
I like to hand them to the bad guys, preferably elites (and the dragon, sure). My players still religiously check every corpse for loot, so I can sprinkle things in and also make some of the rooms a little more interesting.

It's also neat flavor-wise to describe the bad guys using those items.
I like to hand them to the bad guys, preferably elites (and the dragon, sure). My players still religiously check every corpse for loot, so I can sprinkle things in and also make some of the rooms a little more interesting.

It's also neat flavor-wise to describe the bad guys using those items.

What about the ice chamber where the orb say's their's treasure but i didn't see squat.
There isn't supposed to be treasure; the orb is lying to get the players to explore the area and kill the demon. Having said that, it's about a good of a place as any.

I gave the item to the true Karavakos, though he doesn't really need it.
nvm, asked and answered
Thought: The Mysterious Map hook offers 2500 gp and a level 12 item as quest rewards.
My group just started this. In room 2 on the map is what looks to be a bag. I saw nothing that explains anything about it. Am I missing something. I looked at other parts of the map and didn't notice any more of the bags... But I did notice that it looks like a chair. What's a chair doing there, (lol)?