Optimizing an Eladrin Warlock|Swordmage Striker PEACH

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
After a couple of threads on striker swordmages (Bookish Barbarian is one of the most impressive), I've been trying to see how far I could go with an Eladrin Warlock|Swordmage striker.

Build

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Blizzet, level 16
Sun Elf (Eladrin), Swordmage/Warlock, Long Night Scion
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) Option: Aegis of Assault
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike Option: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Hybrid Warlock Option: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Swordmage Warding
Twofold Pact Option: Fey Pact
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Sohei

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 9, CON 12, DEX 14, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 11, DEX 13, INT 16, WIS 10, CHA 16

AC: 32 Fort: 22 Ref: 27 Will: 33
HP: 110 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +22, Diplomacy +19, Endurance +14, Stealth +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +18, Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +8, Heal +8, History +16, Insight +10, Intimidate +17, Nature +8, Perception +10, Religion +14, Streetwise +14, Thievery +10

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Sohei Attack: Sohei Flurry
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Swordmage Feature: Aegis of Assault
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Swordmage Attack 1: Sword Burst
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Strike
Swordmage Attack 1: Vanishing Blade
Swordmage Attack 1: Lightning Clash
Warlock Attack 1: Eyebite
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Misty Step
Swordmage Utility 2: Mythal Recovery
Warlock Utility 2: Shadow Blend
Swordmage Attack 3: Dimensional Vortex
Warlock Attack 7: Touch of Command
Warlock Attack 9: Command Insanity
Warlock Utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep
Long Night Scion Attack 11: Wrath of the Pale Prince
Long Night Scion Utility 12: Winter's Blood
Warlock Attack 15: Visage of Zhudun
Swordmage Utility 16: Borrowed Confidence

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Eladrin Swordmage Advance
Level 4: War Wizard's Expertise
Level 6: Eldritch Blade
Level 11: Twofold Pact
Level 11: Elusive Hexer
Level 12: Superior Will
Level 12: Lasting Frost
Level 14: Renewed by Blood
Level 16: Arcane Familiar

ITEMS
Frost Longsword +3 x1
Leather Armor of Dark Majesty +3 x1
Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier) x1
Gloves of Ice (paragon tier) x1
Eladrin Ring of Passage x1
Enshrouding Candle
Boots of Stealth (paragon tier) x1
Cloak of Translocation +3 x1
Incisive Dagger +3 x1
====== End ======

The idea is to have a Frost Longsword until you get to 21, and then take Arcane Admixure (cold) along with Radiant One to get Fire/Radiant/Cold damage (and probably switch to Firewind Blade).

Feats and Encounter Powers are really tight...  Lightning Crash is a great multitap, but Dimensional Vortex and Touch of Command are no-brainers.  At some point you can Reserve Manuever your terrible e11 out for Lightning Crash to take another encounter power.  I could see the argument that Dimension Vortex is wasted since you ought to be teleporting anyways.

Arcane Familiar (claw) may seem a little odd, but there are so many things you want in your off hand: Incisive Dagger when moving, Rod of Corruption or Avernus during allies' turns, Vicious Rod when attacking, empty hand during monster turns.

You could replace Renewed by Blood with something like World Serpent's Grasp, depending on your party and goals.

Also note Elusive Hexer/Enshrouding Candle/Shadow Blend to set up a relatively soft permastealth:  Hit, curse damage to get invisible, teleport for more damage + stealth (at the end of move action), maintain stealth with Enshrouding Candle/Shadow Blend.  This is more to prevent marked target from attacking you rather than covering for terrible defenses like most permastealthers, with Swordmage Warding/Armor of Dark Majesty/Cloak of Translocation/Superior Will you have great non-Fortitude defenses.  Many enemies will see through the stealth since you aren't pumping Dex or optimizing for it, which is probably a better balance anyways.

Lightning Clash (Cold via Frost's Favor) + Sohei Flurry + Teleport (Winter Winds) + Eladrin Swordmage Advance(Eldritch Strike) is a nice 5-hit encounter sequence that doesn't even need an AP, although cursing first is recommended.  

Thoughts? 

Scorpion Knight: High Armor, High Damage in Heroic Safe Haven: Stay near me and never get hit Eldritch Avenger: Crit Fishing at level 12, LFR friendly

Something to consider:

Renewed Blood feat + Eladrin swordmage advance feat + Illubrian Guardian theme : Recharge fey step when cursed enemy dies (minor action basic attack 2x/encounter. 3x /w cloak). Renewed by blood is a heroic tier feat so you can move it to your open 8/10 feat slot.

MC Warlord + Fey Tactics Feat. CA for the entire party against one enemy you teleport next to.  

Shadow Dancer paragon path: teleport focus + useful encounter and utility powers.
Other things:

Evermeet warlock gives you more reliable invisibility  from a paragon path.

There is also a 3 feat Psionic MC chain that would give you an additonal use of fey step every encounter (ubiquitos Step + Psionic dabbler) I think the investment is too high though.      
Renewed Blood feat + Eladrin swordmage advance feat + Illubrian Guardian theme : Recharge fey step when cursed enemy dies (minor action basic attack 2x/encounter. 3x /w cloak). 

Iliyanbruen Guardian isn't actually worth much for damage.  Fey Stepping as a minor rather than as a move doesn't really save you any actions.  The only counter example is when you Fey-Step into range (to use ESA) and then miss out on Etherial Sidestep doing damage because you had no one next to you when you Fey-Stepped.  That being said, there might be better themes than Sohei (like Sarifal Feywarden).

What do you mean by "3x /w cloak"?

Renewed by blood is a heroic tier feat so you can move it to your open 8/10 feat slot.

Good point, I completely missed this and thought it was Paragon.

MC Warlord + Fey Tactics Feat. CA for the entire party against one enemy you teleport next to.

I'm really not sure what the best MC class is.  This seems like a decent combo, if feat intensive. 

Shadow Dancer paragon path: teleport focus + useful encounter and utility powers.

Winter's Wind making your Move Action Teleport do AoE damage is one of the strongest damage bumps available to a tricked out warlock/party.  If you want to do DPR as a Warlock, few Paragon Paths come close, with the exception of Feytouched/Slashing Wake, which is a great option if you are allowed to retrain your PP.

Example of tricked out:
Lasting Frost + Radiant One +  Morninglord in party + Pelor's Boon + Sarifal Feywarden = Int * 2 + Con + 5 + 10 + 15 + damage from your move action, AoE, slows.

Scorpion Knight: High Armor, High Damage in Heroic Safe Haven: Stay near me and never get hit Eldritch Avenger: Crit Fishing at level 12, LFR friendly

I having trouble with doing split multi-quotes when it comes to posting so i wont even try...

when I mentioned 3x/encounter:

1 Normal use of fey step

+1 use: renewed by blood

+1 use: Daily cloak power

The minor action part isnt worth much on it won in this case, but being able to carry an ally with you might have some use...

Move Action: Move / curse / mark
Minor Action: Fey step (basic attack + CA from fey tactics + telport ally with)
Standard: (Powerswap) Death from Two Sides

Non power swap choice: 

Move: get next to ally

Standard: Heavy control burst attack

Minor: Teleport self and ally to safety away from clumped pack  (with another attack against something)
Curse+Mark+Move+Attack. Fey Step as a Minor is irrelevant, the times when you'd need to reposition as a minor can be handled by Mirror Darkly and the Incisive Dagger daily. Planestriders Boots solve the issue of not triggering Winter Winds on t1

It's something I've never really talked about in any sm|lock threads, mostly because I haven't spent enough time using it, but Mirror Darkly is a fantastic catch-22 power (which I mean in the actual sense, not the char-op sense). You get attacked while insub? big whoop. They kill your shadow instead? Wasted an attack (barring aura or aoe damage, which is what the DM should do, but you never know) and you get a free teleport + Winter Winds trigger. Doesn't solve the action starvation issue, but LNS has it's own way around that with it's AP feature letting you use 3 powers in a turn
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
It's something I've never really talked about in any sm|lock threads, mostly because I haven't spent enough time using it, but Mirror Darkly is a fantastic catch-22 power (which I mean in the actual sense, not the char-op sense). You get attacked while insub? big whoop. They kill your shadow instead? Wasted an attack (barring aura or aoe damage, which is what the DM should do, but you never know) and you get a free teleport + Winter Winds trigger. Doesn't solve the action starvation issue, but LNS has it's own way around that with it's AP feature letting you use 3 powers in a turn

Mirror Darkly is absolutely my favorite Warlock Utility power, and one that I've used in many different ways and in many different campaigns.

That being said, this character needs Shadow Blend to maintain concealment, so I retrained Mirror Darkly to Shadow Blend at some point.

Obviously, Ethereal Sidestep is required, so maybe you trade for Shadow Blend at 12 and then go with Mirror Darkly instead of Mythal Recovery at 16, once you have Borrowed Confidence as a Swordmage Utility.

One issue I'm finding is that there aren't enough good standard action encounter abilities.  Even at high levels, nothing really compares to Dimensional Vortex and Touch of Command.  This leaves one spot open for a encounter power (2 once we reserve manuver away our e11 for Lightning Crash).

It doesn't have to be a Warlock power, since chances are if we are dropping an encounter power we either have curse damage this turn from ESA or from an AP attack.  But there isn't an unusually powerful Warlock or Swordmage standard action encounter power (in particular, a double tap). 

I'm going to restart this thread because I have some new ideas (and I was waiting for the forum reset).  I really appreciate the feedback, especially from Zathris.  I will often argue a point vehemently and then later come around to agree with what I'm arguing against, for example I'd like to explore using Accursed Affinity where the triggering condition continues indefinately (which seems like RAW).

Re: Hall of Heros.  I think this build is still a long ways from something like that, at this point I'm trying to discover the best Swordmage|Warlock Eladrin striker.

With Accursed Affinity, you don't want Bloodied Boon, since if you remove a curse you also remove the vulnerability, but you desperately want Relentless Curse, since you have a surprisingly large number of things to do with a minor action.  So effectively you only ever have 1 enemy cursed at a time, the first enemy you curse in combat, and when that enemy dies you move the curse on to the next as a free action, etc.  This makes standard Warlock fare like Rod of Corruption, Rod of Avernus, and even Armor of Dark Majesty much weaker.  Arcane Familar (claw) is still OK for Quickcurse Rod, where you move somewhere and Thundering Vortex something else to apply Curse to your target as a free action.

The basic optimization is Sarifel Blessing + Accursed Affinity + Firewind Blade + Radiant One, for double dipping 30 Vulnerability on every attack.  In Paragon, where you don't get Radiant One to make your attacks Fire + Radiant but you have Eldritch Admixture Gloves to at least get this combo 1/turn (and if your mark gets violated....).  One question I have:  Does the order of Sarifel Blessing + Accursed Affinity matter?  Accursed Affinity says that it is cumulative with existing damage, but if you AA and then SB does that work?  This whole exercise makes me wonder about fey race Ranger|Warlock, for maximum multiattacks.

I almost wonder if the Paragon Path is the best one... there's no cold optimization anymore, the teleport damage is relatively minor, and you often won't get it in a nova anyways (since you have Sarifal's Blessing, possibly curse and mark (although there are ways to avoid wasting minors on those), and eventually Quickened Spellcasting).  Still, it's hard to argue with no-action encounter power during AP turn.

Here's a build so you can see what I'm thinking about (especially feat order).

Level22Build

Blizzet22, level 22
Sun Elf (Eladrin), Swordmage/Warlock, Long Night Scion, Radiant One
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Fey Pact (Hybrid)
Twofold Pact Option: Elemental Pact
Theme: Sarifal Feywarden

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 15, INT 24, WIS 12, CHA 24

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 40 Fort: 28 Ref: 36 Will: 35
HP: 142 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 35

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +23, Diplomacy +23, Endurance +17, Stealth +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Arcana +22, Athletics +11, Dungeoneering +12, Heal +12, History +20, Insight +12, Intimidate +18, Nature +14, Perception +12, Religion +18, Streetwise +18, Thievery +13

POWERS
Warlock's Curse  Power: Warlock's Curse
Sarifal Feywarden Utility: Sarifal's Blessing
Warlock Attack 1: Chromatic Bolt
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Accursed Affinity
Swordmage Utility 16: Aegis of Lost Souls
Swordmage Attack 17: Thundering Vortex
Warlock Attack 19: Delusions of Loyalty
Long Night Scion Attack 20: Frozen Heart
Warlock Utility 22: Wings of the Fiend

FEATS
Level 8: Renewed by Blood
Level 12: Relentless Curse
Level 14: Arcane Familiar
Level 16: Superior Reflexes
Level 18: Reserve Maneuver
Level 21: Rapid Aegis Reaction
Level 21: Total Aegis
Level 22: Superior Initiative

ITEMS
Enshrouding Candle
Incisive Dagger Dagger +3
Firewind Blade Longsword +4 x1
Cloak of Translocation +4 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier) x1
Circlet of Arkhosia (paragon tier) x1
Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (epic tier)
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (heroic tier) x1
Ring of Tenacious Will x1
Elven Chain Shirt (paragon tier)
Quickcurse Rod +4
Diamond Cincture (heroic tier) x1
Orb of Nimble Thoughts +3
Veteran's Leather Armor +4 x1
====== End ======

Edit: purchased items for level 22 build

Ooh, I just discovered Anarch of Shyr while looking at another thread.

It gives a MBA as a no action, which is just as good as Long Night Scion, since we are low in encounter powers.  Consider the Nova Sequence:

Minor: Sarifel Blessing

Thundering Vortex (draw in your target, curse your target via quickcurse rod)

Fey Step (Teleport Damage) + Eldritch Strike through Eladrin Swordmage Advance

AP: No Action Lightning Clash

AP Standard: Eldritch Strike

(with Thundering Vortex and Fey Step reversed if they are more than 3 squares away)

A similar Nova is possible with Anarch of Shyr:

Minor: Sarifel Blessing

Fey Step + Eldritch Strike

Thundering Vortex (no reason to reverse them because no damage on teleport, curse)

AP: No Action Eldritch Strike

AP Standard: Lightning Crash

So we would potentially miss out on teleport damage (which you only get if they start within 3 squares), and the +Int (twice) on Lightning Crash (as well as any cold optimization, if that ever happens)

The other advantage of  Anarch of Shyr is the 12 stance, which gives +1d12 fire to all your attacks at the cost of -2 to attack (which may or may not be worth it in paragon) [also +2 to assault attacks is decent]

What do you think?

AP Nova Analysis at 22:

With the Nova analysis, I'm going to try to cover a number of contingencies, which may be unusal, but I want to cover the concerns of Zathris et. al. that many times your nova  target(s) will start the round non-adjecent (but within one move action).  Instead of the usual "DPR" for nova calculations, I'm going to state damage and probabilities, as the number of attacks is small and a more meaningful analysis is "What is the chance that I  kill 1 (2) full health standard monsters during my AP nova?"

Assumptions
  I'm going to assume CA for the Nova round.  Why?  You either have CA because it's the first round, and this character has Superior Reflexes, or in later  rounds because you did curse damage to anything the previous round, went invisible, and got hidden through Shadow Blend/Enshouding Candle.  Or the old fashion way.

I'm going to assume you can stack free/no/triggered actions in any order that you wish.  This doesn't have a huge effect on the damage, but it makes some things simpler. I'm going to assume that you always do average damage, since the variance is so low.  I'm not going to factor in critical damage.

Damage

These apply to every attack, unless noted
+7 (Chr/Int), +7 (Int, Starborn), +4 (arms), +4 (enhancement), +5 (Dragonshard), +15 

(Sarifel Blessing), +15 (Accursed Affinity, if cursed)
From Firewind Blade
+4 (Firewind Blade), +7 (Int, Starborn), +15 (Sarifel Blessing), +15 (Accursed Affinity, 

if cursed)
=98 damage/attack (or 68 if not cursed)
+3d6 curse damage 1/round (if you hit with Warlock attack)

Teleport:
+7 (Int), +7 (Int, Starborn), +15 (Sarifel Blessing), +15 (Accursed Affinity, if cursed)
= 44 Damage (29 if not cursed)

By Attack, in addition to above
Thundering Vortex: 2d8 = 107
Eldritch Strike: 2d8 = 107
Lightning Clash (1): 1d8 = 102.5
Lightning Clash (2): 1d6 = 101.5

I'm not including the minor added critical damage

Attack
:

+7 (Chr/Int), +11 (half-level), + 4 (Enhancement), + 3 (Expertise), +2 (CA), +1 Veteran's Armor

By Attack:
Thundering Vortex: 28 vs. 34 Fortitude = 75%
Eldritch Strike +3 (proficiency), +1 (Eldritch Blade): 32 vs. 36 AC = 85%
Lightning Clash (Both) +3 (proficiency): 31 vs. 36 AC = 80%

Case1
 You have two or more opponents within 3 squares when you start the nova, and (you hit your target and at least one additional monster with Thundering Vortex OR you only hit your target but you have already cursed it (in a previous round)).  Or you start adjacent to your target, but you hit one additional target with Thundering Vortex (to get curse via Quickcurse Rod)

AP Standard: Thundering Vortex (see case 1)
75% chance of doing 107 damage (77 to adjacent enemies)
AP No Action Granted Attack: Lighning Clash
80% chance of 102.5, if you hit, 85% chance of doing 101.5
Move: Fey Shift (Teleport + Eldritch Strike via Eladrin Swordmage Advance)
100% chance of 44 damage (29 to adjacent enemies)
85% chance of 107 damage
Standard: Eldritch Strike
85% chance of 107 damage

98% chance of 10.5 damage (curse)

"DPR": 464.62
Average Standard Monster Hitpoints at 22: 208

Chance of Killing 1

Any two hits + teleport kills
Chance of 0 hits: .25*.2*.15*.15=0.001125
Chance of exactly 1 hit (TV): = .75*.2*.15*.15=0.003375
Chance of 1 hit (ES1): = .25 *.2*.85*.15 = 0.006375
Chance of 1 hit (ES2): = .25 *.2*.85*.15 = 0.006375
Chance of 1 hit (Lighning Clash 1) = .25* .8*.2*.15*.15= 0.0009
Total = 0.01815

Chance of killing 1 standard: = 98%

Case2

You start within 10 squares of your target.  You teleport adjacent to your target.  Either your target is cursed (from a previous round), or you hit a monster other than your target with your Thundering Vortex (75% per enemy, attack everything within 3 squares after teleport) to curse your target.

Move: Fey Shift (Eldritch Strike via Eladrin Swordmage Advance)
80% chance of 77 damage

AP Standard: Thundering Vortex (see case 2)
75% chance of doing 107 damage (77 to adjacent enemies)
AP No Action Granted Attack: Lighning Clash
80% chance of 102.5, if you hit, 85% chance of doing 101.5

Standard: Eldritch Strike
85% chance of 107 damage + 10.5 damage (curse)

"DPR": 402.65

DPR Analysis at 22

The basic DPR strategy is to hit your enemy, which turns you invisible.  Then you teleport via Eldritch Sidestep anywhere within 6 and hide.  Note that you can do damage after you hide, since the teleport damage isn't an attack.  Now you are hidden and you could be anywhere in a 13x13 square, so your opponent is forced to attack someone else, and you can Aegis back and smack him.  The assumption is that you have CA because you hit last turn or because you flank.  If you don't have CA, you still can trigger Firewind Blade because of Gloves of Eldritch Admixture.  Additionally, we have marked this enemy (which we can do with a minor if we need), and we cursed it (since we killed a target in our nova, and we can free action curse each additional target as one dies.

If you are feeling especially lucky, you could hide in an adjacent square, but if your target happens to shift into that square, you lose hide and your aegis attack.  On the other hand, it's only a 1/8 chance that your opponent finds you this way (or more if there are less free spots).  

If you miss with Eldritch Strike, you can't hide, but you can teleport far away on the battle field and make it difficult for your opponent to engage you.  This analysis will assume that if you don't get invisibility, your opponent will engage you somehow (perhaps through a ranged attack) and so you won't get aegis.  Still, a target attacking your defender level defenses isn't terrible.

If you hide next to your opponent your DPR is 180.07.  If you hide further away, it's 156.31.  22 level Monsters have 208 hitpoints.

In reality, your non-crit damage is 29 + 0.8 * (87.5 + 29 + 0.8*87.5).  So 29 damage if you miss with the first ES (20%), 233 (killing a standard) if you hit with both (64%), and 145.5 (bloodying a standard) if you hit with the first Eldritch Strike but not the second (16%).  In some ways this conditional analysis is more accurate, since there are only 3 outcomes and you don't count overkill.

To sum up, DPR ~= 64% Kill, 16% Bloody, 20% Annoy

Very interesting....

I would like to see the entire build from 1 to 30

Yeah billyh, I also have at least one post, so go and build this character for me already.

Level 1-30 build

Sorry I didn't get your request, my optimization interest comes and goes in waves...

Let me know if this is enough information for a "1-30 build".

Here are the feat orders and play notes:

Heroic

1) Hybrid Talent (Swordmage Warding)
2) Eladrin Swordmage Advance
4) War Wizard's Expertise
6) Eldritch Blade  [NOTE:  you eventually want this, but you could reorder the 6-10 feats]
8) Renewed by Blood
10) White Lotus Reposte

Heroic Notes:
This is a serviceable but not highly powered heroic build.  Twice an encounter you can get an extra MBA via ESA, and you are pretty decent as a secondary defender... you have good defenses and can nova moderately hard, your DPR is mediocre but your MBA is your DPR.  

Paragon
:
11) Retrain White Lotus Reposte to Elusive Hexer
11) Twofold Pact (Elemental Pact)
12) Relentless Curse
14) Arcane Familar (Rakasha Claw)
16) Superior Reflexes
18) Reserve Manuver
20) Double Aegis

Paragon Notes:
At 11 it all comes together.  You can "hide in plain sight" via Elusive Hexer and Enshrouding Candle and Shadow Blend.  You use your second wind immediately after you rest to switch your curse to cause Vunerability 10, which stacks with Sarifal Feywarden's Vulnerability 10.  Use Gloves of Eldritch Admixture to make your curse damage fire, and then hit all those vulnerabilities again with Firewind Blade.  Level 12-16 feats improve your action economy considerably.  After this point you can DPR and nova as an optimized striker (see tactics above).

Epic

21) Retrain Double Aegis to Total Aegis
21) Rapid Aegis Reaction
22) Superior Initiative [NOTE: Improved Initiative probably should be taken at 18, then retrained to this here]
24) Student of Artifice
26) Novice Power [To get Primatic Strike, a triple hitter]
28) Vistani Heritage
30) Vistani Foresight

Epic Notes:
Radiant One gives you Fire (and Radiant) damage on all of your attacks.  I haven't fully optimized the level 30 version, consider the following list of potential feats:

Warding Curse (+2 defenses against target)
Student of the Athanaeum (+1 daily)
Frost Step (difficult terrain after teleport)
Cursed Spells (+int to curse)
Epic Resurgence (regain encounter on crit)
Quickened Spellcasting (MBA as minor 1/enc)
Starfire Womb (save after hitting)
Arcane Admixture (trouble getting CA)
Deadly Draw (ditto)
Lasting Frost (vulnerable 5 cold)
Disciple of Inspiration (+1 to hit after missing)
White Lotus Reposte
Epic Fortitude, Reflexes, Will
Improved Defenses
Danger Sense (roll twice for init)
Skill Focus (Stealth)
Skill Power (?)
Multiclass (?)
Vistani Heritage/Foresight (+1 AP)

Alternative Builds:
Note Anarch of Shyr above.  It allows you to use Mindbite Scorn, which can save you a second wind, but it doesn't get teleport damage.  It's unclear which is better, more analysis has to be done.

Level 16 full build:

Build

Blizzet, level 16
Sun Elf (Eladrin), Swordmage/Warlock, Long Night Scion

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 9, CON 12, DEX 14, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 33 Fort: 23 Ref: 30 Will: 30
HP: 110 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +19, Diplomacy +19, Endurance +14, Stealth +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +18, Athletics +10, Dungeoneering +8, Heal +8, History +16, Insight +8, Intimidate +14, Nature +10, Perception +8, Religion +14, Streetwise +14, Thievery +10

POWERS
Warlock Attack 9: Command Insanity

FEATS

ITEMS
Sylvan Leather Armor +3 x1
Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier) x1
Enshrouding Candle
Cloak of Translocation +3 x1
Firewind Blade Longsword +3 x1
Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (paragon tier)
Elven Chain Shirt (heroic tier)
Iron Ring of the Dwarf Lords x1
Spirit Fetch
====== End ======

Level 22 full build:

Build

Blizzet22, level 22
Sun Elf (Eladrin), Swordmage/Warlock, Long Night Scion, Radiant One

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 15, INT 24, WIS 12, CHA 24

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 40 Fort: 28 Ref: 36 Will: 35
HP: 142 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 35

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +23, Diplomacy +23, Endurance +17, Stealth +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Arcana +22, Athletics +11, Dungeoneering +12, Heal +12, History +20, Insight +12, Intimidate +18, Nature +14, Perception +12, Religion +18, Streetwise +18, Thievery +13

POWERS
Swordmage Attack 17: Thundering Vortex
Warlock Attack 19: Delusions of Loyalty
Long Night Scion Attack 20: Frozen Heart
Warlock Utility 22: Wings of the Fiend

FEATS
Level 18: Reserve Maneuver
Level 21: Rapid Aegis Reaction
Level 21: Total Aegis
Level 22: Superior Initiative

ITEMS
Enshrouding Candle
Firewind Blade Longsword +4 x1
Cloak of Translocation +4 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier) x1
Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (epic tier)
Ring of Tenacious Will x1
Elven Chain Shirt (paragon tier)
Quickcurse Rod +4
Diamond Cincture (heroic tier) x1
Orb of Nimble Thoughts +3
Veteran's Leather Armor +4 x1
====== End ======

sorry I must have missed something, how are you getting the two vulnerabilities to stack in paragon?

"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Noctaem wrote:

sorry I must have missed something, how are you getting the two vulnerabilities to stack in paragon?

"The next enemy you place your Warlock’s Curse on gains vulnerable 5 to the damage type matching your current elemental affinity. This vulnerability is cumulative with the enemy’s existing vulnerability to the same damage type, if any, and lasts until the curse ends."

What's not completely clear is whether an existing vulnerability (for example Accursed Affinity, THEN Sarifal's Blessing) stacks appropriately, but it seems to me that they would.

Thank you :-)

Sign In to post comments