Transform and Roll Out! -- Warforged Beasform Druid (7th level)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd like to see if anyone among here has any ideas about improving the character I've made. The basic idea was making a "transformer" -- a Warforged Beastform Druid that relies on its Beast Form as much as possible. So I tried to leave out as many "magical" powers as I could. Oh, and, obviously, this is not exactly the best possible combination of race and class, but our DM promised us that this campaign is not going to be too hard, so I have a little bit of leeway.

This build kinda became focused on damage, although I wouldn't mind having a more controller-ish focus. I've tried making him have the polearm cheese, for that, but I thought it was just too unpolished.

Well, here's the build I have currently:

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 7
Warforged, Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Guardian
Background: Explorer/Guide (Explorer/Guide Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 8.

AC: 22 Fort: 19 Reflex: 17 Will: 21
HP: 60 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +14, Athletics +8, Endurance +13, Perception +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana +3, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +7, History +3, Insight +7, Intimidate +4, Religion +3, Stealth +3, Streetwise +2, Thievery +3

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Superior Implement Training (Accurate totem)
Level 2: Staggering Smash
Level 4: Cunning Stalker
Level 6: Totem Expertise

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Swarming Locusts
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Tide (Druid)
Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid encounter 1: Call Forth the Spirit Pack
Druid daily 1: Savage Frenzy
Druid utility 2: Sudden Bite
Druid encounter 3: Predator's Flurry
Druid daily 5: Roar of Terror
Druid utility 6: Swarm Dispersal
Druid encounter 7: Charm Beast

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Amulet of Protection +2, Hunting Beast Hide Armor +2, Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Earthfall Accurate totem +2
RITUALS
Animal Messenger
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

PS: As an alternative, I would appreciate some exotic controller-ish character concepts.
Looks pretty cool.

How often are you in robot form vs animal form? I ask because your items seem to be focused on melee fighting in animal form, while your powers are more suited for controller blasting in robot form. A bit of tension there, might want to keep an eye out for that.
I'll just point out the obvious that it is very inefficient to put a 16 in Con and then put your level 4 stat boost in Dex, better to put a 15 in Con and give it the level 4 boost so that you have 2 extra points to spend at creation.
Looks pretty cool. 

How often are you in robot form vs animal form? I ask because your items seem to be focused on melee fighting in animal form, while your powers are more suited for controller blasting in robot form. A bit of tension there, might want to keep an eye out for that.

I assume by "robot form" you mean "humanoid form"? Well, as I've said, I wanted to be as much in animal form as possible for the duration of combat, but I just couldn't find good beast form powers for some levels.
I'll just point out the obvious that it is very inefficient to put a 16 in Con and then put your level 4 stat boost in Dex, better to put a 15 in Con and give it the level 4 boost so that you have 2 extra points to spend at creation.

Hm. Good point. Sometimes the stat mechanics confuse me when I'm making a lvl-something-other-than-one character, especially when I juggle them around for a while. Thanks. I guess I'll just put a remaining point in Strength or something...
Well, sven has a point in that you only have one beast form encounter power. You'll never trigger Charm Beast if you never end your turn in humanoid form. If the campaign doesn't call for high op, I'd just take the best beast powers for each level.

Of course, the optimal thing to do within your concept constraints is just to add on as much charge support as you can and charge with Savage Rend every turn.
Well, sven has a point in that you only have one beast form encounter power. You'll never trigger Charm Beast if you never end your turn in humanoid form. If the campaign doesn't call for high op, I'd just take the best beast powers for each level.

Alright, I'll think about it.

Of course, the optimal thing to do within your concept constraints is just to add on as much charge support as you can and charge with Savage Rend every turn.

What would you advise me to take for that? I'm kind of starved both on item and feat fronts, I think, so I'm not sure what I can change to not also make the character weaker/more vulnerable.
Sign In to post comments