Savage Sun: Longtooth Shifter Paladin (Barbarian)/Morninglord/Chosen of Amaunator

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Savage Sun

Level 30
Longtooth Shifter Paladin (Barbarian)/Morninglord/Chosen of Amaunator
Special Daily: Ardent Vow

Final ability scores:

STR 28, CON 16, DEX 12, INT 10, WIS 26, CHA 15

Starting ability scores:

STR 18, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 13

AC: 47 Fort: 45 Ref: 35 Will: 44
HP: 225 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 56

Ardent Vows/day: 8 (+1 per milestone)

Regular attack bonus: +36

Trained Skills:

Religion +20, Endurance +21, Heal +28, Insight +28, Perception +28

Crazy assumption:

Amaunator has the Sun domain. While not explicitly stated anywhere (yet), if you're playing domains in the Forgotten Realms it's obvious enough that I think you could consider it a given.

Feats:

Lv. 1: Weapon Proficiency (fullblade)
Lv. 2: Solar Enemy
Lv. 4: Weapon Expertise (heavy blade)
Lv. 6: Virtuous Recovery
Lv. 8: Mighty Challenge
Lv. 10: Weapon Focus (heavy blade)
Lv. 11: Honored Foe
Lv. 12: Pervasive Light
Lv. 14: Armor Specialization (plate)
Lv. 16: Untiring Virtue
Lv. 18: Berserker's Fury
Lv. 20: Novice Power
Lv. 21: Divine Mastery
Lv. 22: Tireless Wrath
Lv. 24: Crusading Wrath (and retrain Pervasive Light -> Punishing Radiance)
Lv. 26: Glorious Channeler
Lv. 28: Robust Defenses
Lv. 30: Paladin's Truth (and retrain Divine Mastery -> Adept Power)

Powers:

Lv. 1: Holy Strike (A-W), Ardent Strike (A-W), Divine Pursuit (E), Blood of the Mighty (D)
Lv. 2: Bless Weapon (U)
Lv. 3: Strength from Valor (E)
Lv. 5: Arc of Vengeance (D), Blazing Brand (D, replaces Blood of the Mighty)
Lv. 6: Virtue (U)
Lv. 7: Thunder Smite (E)
Lv. 9: Knightly Intercession (D)
Lv. 10: Call of Challenge (U)
Lv. 13: Zealous Smite (E) (replaces Divine Pursuit)
Lv. 15: Divine Vengeance (D) (replaces Blazing Brand)
Lv. 16: Divine Aegis (U)
Lv. 17: Mark of Terror (E) (replaces Thunder Smite)
Lv. 19: Smite the Soul (D) (replaces Arc of Vengeance)
Lv. 20: Storm of Blades (E, Barbarian 13) (replaces Zealous Smite via Novice Power)
Lv. 22: Holy Wings (U)
Lv. 23: Resounding Smite (E) (replaces Strength from Valor)
Lv. 25: Exalted Retribution (D) (replaces Knightly Intercession)
Lv. 27: Hurricane of Blades (E, Barbarian 27) (replaces Storm of Blades)
Lv. 29: Prostration (D) (replaces Exalted Retribution)
Lv. 30: World Serpent Rage (D, Barbarian 29) (replaces Prostration via Adept Power)

Items:

Armor: Agile Godplate Armor +6 (in Heroic/Paragon, used Bloodiron Plate/Warplate)
Weapon: Bloodclaw Fullblade +6
Arms: Iron Armbands of Power +6
Feet: Winged Boots (Lv. 13)
Hands: Strikebacks (Lv. 10)
Head: Circlet of Indomitability +2 (Lv. 18)
Neck: Brooch of Vitality +6
Rings: War Ring (Lv. 16), Shadow Band (Lv. 27)
Waist: Belt of Vim +2 (Lv. 18)
Wonderous Items: Salves of Power x3 (Lv. 10), Solitare (Aquamarine)

------

My goal here was to come up with a build that takes advantage of the many ways Paladins, especially their STR-based form, can boost their damage with Divine Power now out. Divine Power aimed to steer Straladins in the direction of a secondary Striker, rather than Leader, and I want to see just how well they can do, while still defending.

This Longtooth Shifter (for the STR and WIS bonuses) Straladin starts off like most others. At Lv. 2 he gets Bless Weapon and the Sun domain divinity feat Solar Enemy. One encounter per day, he can start out the battle with Solar Enemy to enforce permanent, unavoidable radiant vulnerability 5 on targets in range, then casts Bless Weapon, which will easily get all its perks in that fight, including the lovely 18-20 crit range. Bless Weapon and radiant vulnerability is the recurring theme of this build, all the way to Lv. 30.

If this Paladin is going to deal that much damage, he'd better be able to take it as well. Especially since he's using a Bloodclaw Weapon. Enter Virtuous Recovery and the Lv. 2 encounter utility Virtue both taken at Lv. 6 (yeah, I took another Lv. 2 power instead, it's that good), which lets you be proactive about burning through your healing surges. Virtuous Recovery also synergizes with Virtue, so not only are you getting the proactive temp HPs, they're not going to come off very easily (especially with your secondary stat being WIS). At Lv. 11, he also gets Honored Foe, which further protects him against marked foes once his Virtue points do become exhausted.

The Savage Sun takes yet another Lv. 2 utility at Lv. 10 (what can I say, Divine Power treated Paladins nice at that level). Call of Challenge is an unavoidable mass-Sanction, which along with Honored Foe will also help him live longer, kill longer.

At Lv. 12 he takes Pervasive Light, which lets him deal extra damage against a radiant-vulnerable even if the attack itself isn't radiant. This is good for when you don't have Bless Weapon activated. By this point he has at least one Salve of Power to replenish Bless Weapon for another encounter per day. He'll get more Salves of Power as he gains levels (and thus resources).

At Lv. 16 he gets Burning Radiance from his Morninglord PP. This is where things get really fun. If it's one of the two fights where he has a Bless Weapon to use, he starts off with that. Bless Weapon has the Radiant keyword, and so applies the keyword to all attacks with the buffed weapon. Then the Savage Sun attacks. If he doesn't have a Bless Weapon ready, he still has Holy Strike, at least. If he hits, he forces radiant vulnerability 10. Then he casts Solar Enemy at the start of his next turn to up that vulnerability to 15 for his next attack. For the rest of the fight, the enemies affected by Solar Enemy will have some sort of radiant vulnerability all the time; 10 if the Savage Sun hits with an attack, 5 if he misses.

Radiant vulnerability not only helps his attacks, it makes him a better defender because his Divine Sanction and Divine Challenge do more damage if violated.

At Lv. 18 he takes the Barbarian multiclass feat, and at Lv. 20 he uses Novice Power to get Storm of Blades. Even two attacks on one enemy isn't so bad and is good for the one time in an encounter he may force vulnerability 15. At Lv. 21, his CON becomes 16, so he gets three attacks with that power to take advantage of the vulnerability 15, when it starts getting devastating.

In Epic Tier, the Savage Sun picks up both Divine Strength-enhancing feats, making Divine Strength a better option than Solar Enemy against a solo creature. Tireless Wrath can apply your STR mod extra up to two rounds' worth of attacks; make sure one of those is Storm of Blades, and Crusading Wrath puts a supercharged encounter-long Divine Sanction on the enemy you're about to whack.

He also retrains out Pervasive Light for Punishing Radiance at this point, since by now he should have enough Salves of Power to have a Bless Weapon on almost every encounter.

At Lv. 26 he gets Glorious Channeler, allowing him to use both his enhanced Divine Strength and Solar Enemy every encounter. And the following level, he gets Hurricane of Blades, which for him is an upgrade over Storm of Blades (6 attacks in one standard).

Now he can setup the vulnerability 15 for Hurricane of Blades, as before. After he hit with a previous Radiant attack to force vulnerability 10, he's ready to use it, he can move (if needed), minor action Solar Enemy (increasing to vulnerability 15), minor action Divine Strength, spend an action point, and then use Hurricane of Blades.

Just to review, here's what he's stacking on every one of those six attacks (without any further Leader help, etc.):

6.5 (fullblade die)
+ 3.5 (average die for Bless Weapon damage increase)
+ 18 (2x STR bonus at Lv. 28, from using his Tireless-enhanced Divine Strength)
+ 6 (enhancement bonus)
+ 3 (Weapon Focus)
+ 18 (Bloodclaw bonus)
+ 6 (Iron Armbands)
+ 15 (radiant vulnerability from a previous Radiant hit, followed by Solar Enemy on the next turn)

= 76 damage every time it hits. It can deal 456 points of damage if all the attacks hit, overkill on one standard enemy at this level and well on your way to working on a second. It reduces an Elite Brute by over two-thirds. If you get proper setup from a Leader, that could happen. Even if you're only attacking at 50% without the setup, this is doing well over 200, which will make said standard enemy sweat and remove about a third of an Elite's HPs.

Oh, and every one of those also crits on 18-20. With a high-crit weapon and a War Ring, as well.

So we know he can nova. This is his biggest one. He also has 8 or more Ardent Vows per day to play with for lower-grade novas if needed.

The Savage Sun's melee basic attack on hit can do:

13 (2x fullblade die)
+ 3.5 (Bless Weapon)
+ 9 (STR)
+ 6 (enhancement)
+ 3 (Weapon Focus)
+ 18 (Bloodclaw)
+ 6 (Iron Armbands)
+ 5-10 (vulnerability 5 for Solar Enemy if no attack hit the round before, 10 from Burning Radiance if it did)

= 63.5-68.5 on hit. Assuming 50% hit rate, that's roughly 32-34 DPR on a melee basic.

His Divine Challenge does 25-30 if violated, depending on which vulnerability applies at the time. Most of his Sanctions will do 16-21 if violated. His Crusading Wrath Sanction deals 24-29.

At Lv. 30, when he gets Divine Miracle, he retrains Divine Mastery for Adept Power so he can swap for World Serpent Rage, which makes him incredibly sticky.

As for defense, he's about what you'd expect. An Ancient Red Dragon and Orcus need a 10 to hit his AC. One's a Soldier of his level, the other's a Brute 3 levels higher. Not terrible. Orcus' Touch of Death needs a 12 to hit his Fortitude. His Will is also solid. Of course, this is all before you start abusing the Shadow Ring. Good times.

So fire away, ladies and germs. Comments welcome.
The idea is to use the barbarian multiclass to snag multiattacks, right? If so, I'd recommend possibly taking novice power earlier to snag Curtain of Steel at level 7 to tide you over until storm of blades becomes available, if you have space for the feats.

Looks cool, and I'm glad that paladins can be seriously considered for damage builds now.
Could I ask for a casual opinion or two, as to whether a Charisma based paladin would have more potential going down the path of inflicting radiant vulnerability in such a fashion?
Would a halfelf picking up twin strike be able to take greater advantage of the radiant vulnerability offered in this build?

Thanks!
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
Also, is the starting Cha of 13 necessary to qualify for a feat(s)?
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
Also, is the starting Cha of 13 necessary to qualify for a feat(s)?

Many of the epic paladin feats require Cha 15 among other stats. If you don't plan on taking it to epic, though, I could easily see 10 starting Cha.
"One skilled at battle takes a stand in the ground of no defeat And so does not lose the enemy's defeat. Therefore, the victorious military is first victorious and after that does battle. The defeated military first does battle and after that seeks victory." -- the Art of War
I made one change so far: At Lv. 30, my retraining of Divine Mastery now goes to Adept Power to power-swap for World Serpent Rage.

Would a halfelf picking up twin strike be able to take greater advantage of the radiant vulnerability offered in this build?

He would, but I went for the better nova with a fullblade, instead. Plus the Longtooth Shifter has better STR, which means his Tireless Wrath is stronger.
Doesn't it seem like Power of the Sun is a teensy bit too good? Most other Channel Divinities in that area of DP have an "until the end of your next turn" clause, but here is an ENCOUNTER power that lasts the ENTIRE ENCOUNTER, and applies to multiple creatures. Seems like its dying to be errataed. Its so good it's actually competition for RRoT, and much better than RRoT at low-levels.
Have you considered the Punishing Radiance? With Bless Weapon this build will hit quite so often and there is few things better that adding 10 more radiant vulnerability for your Nova Round.
I'm also not quite sold on the usefulness of Tireless Wrath (by itself its good, but I find the opportunity cost too high), Crusading Wrath and Glorious Channeler... Primal Resurgence, Epic Fortitude and Epic Will seem better overall to me. And replace Mighty Challenge with Punishing Radiance, since Mighty Challenge does not help your sanction and Ardent Vow overwrites your buffed divine challenge with sanction.
Have you considered the Punishing Radiance? With Bless Weapon this build will hit quite so often and there is few things better that adding 10 more radiant vulnerability for your Nova Round.

Punishing Radiance only works on a crit from a divine attack power. That's not Hurricane of Blades. That said, I did retrain Pervasive Light for it for more general uses, since I should have enough Salves by Epic Tier to have Bless Weapon nearly constant.

I'm also not quite sold on the usefulness of Tireless Wrath (by itself its good, but I find the opportunity cost too high), Crusading Wrath and Glorious Channeler... Primal Resurgence, Epic Fortitude and Epic Will seem better overall to me.

I went for the full nova, not for defense. And as I demonstrated, it's not like my defenses are bad. Besides, dead enemies don't hit back.

As for Primal Resurgence, I don't get World Serpent Rage until Lv. 30. And even if I did take that feat, that's only one more use of it. I'd rather spend my feats for things I can do every single encounter, like the Hurricane of Blades nova.

And replace Mighty Challenge with Punishing Radiance, since Mighty Challenge does not help your sanction and Ardent Vow overwrites your buffed divine challenge with sanction.

Solos aren't all I'm going to fight with this build. If it's a 5-standard fight, I would've killed my Crusading Wrath or Ardent Vow targets, likely, so I'd need a Mighty Challenge left for the survivors.
Just a thought: why not go for Hero of Faith (and the Windrise Ports background) for a hilarious increase in hits as well as crits vs the most dangerous foe in each encounter (plus an extra skill - Athletics, perhaps)?

Even though this is campaign/DM style dependent, I think you should get more out ouf Hero of Faith than, for example, Pervasive Light or Virtuous Recovery, especially in the higher levels.

And thanks again for the MC Barb idea that I shamelessly stole for my Straladin build guide! ;)
Test your PC builds' combat prowess and pit them against other builds at the Core Coliseum - the online D&D arena.
I'd note that, with Virtue, while you *can* be proactive with your healing surges, you probably don't *want* to be. If you wait to pop Virtue until you've dipped a short distance into bloodied, you can hit the shifter button. Your damage for the rest of the encounter goes up by 2 and you can let your regen take you back up to the bloodied line while the enemies work through your new temp HPs. This likewise works well with Honored Foe, letting you work the regen without endangering yourself a lot longer than most folks could.

For that matter, I'm not quite sure why you're going with godplate rather than tarrasque plate, but given that you are, and that you've got the benefits of the racial regen and Honored Foe, you might want to consider shelling out the feat for beasthide shifting.

I'll note that he's pouring over half a healing surge worth of HP into that storm of blades with bloodclaw. Not saying that it isn't worth it, but it also isn't trivial.

As an alternate possibility, if you decide to go with the Windrise Ports/Hero of Faith plan (is Windrise Ports *in* the Forgotten Realms?) you might consider swapping to a rending execution axe. With blessed weapon and Hero of Faith, you crit better than one in four attacks - and this has nothing to do with what your to-hit is unless you need better than an 18 to hit the guy. Your Hurricane of Blades attack, for example, loses the 18 points per hit of bloodclaw damage, loses the 6 hp sacrifice per attack of same, loses 1 point of to-hit, gains one point of average damage from the brutal, and picks up, on average, just under two additional attacks from the rending.

It goes from 76*6 (456) to just under 58*8 (464). you lose a point of to-hit, and save 36 hp. It's something to consider, anyway.
Not much to contribute to the thread, just wanted to say that I am playing low level Str Paladin with Hero of Faith of the moment and just love both the mental image and effectiveness.
Last session my oath of enmity target was trying to deny me my double rolls by hiding among its bodyguards... they all got blasted by Solar Enemy, the target was dragged away from the crown with divine pursuit, his sentence was pronounced with Ardent Vow and he was executed with action pointed Blood of the Mighty crit from weapon blessed Rending Executioner's Axe. I think the DM's eyes started bleeding when his 110 hp leader ate a 130+ smakdown in single round.
I realise you can add lots of damage with Bloodclaw, but doesn't that limit your vulnerability damage to 1 fight/day when you use bless weapon?

Wouldn't a Sunblade be better over several fights, and in fights where you don't want to damage yourself? At will radiant damage to all attacks made with the Sunblade. That means your channel divinity sun feat is 100% effective for you every encounter.

Anyway just a thought. I was looking at making myself a Shifter Paladin with a Striker/Defender role as well... this has made my job easy. Thanks.

Just a thought I had; A battlecrazed throwing axe might be a nice trick to have tucked in the utility belt.
1/day you can 'bloody' yourself and set off your racial power for +2 dmg at the beginning of an encounter. Regeneration heals 2 hp the next round (as you're still considered 'bloodied') and then it starts kicking in the very first round you are truly bloodied.
Pervasive Light allows him to exploit the radiant vulnerability even with non-radiant attacks.
Bloodclaw penalty is more or less negated by your longtooth shifting and actually helps you get there faster. Sunblade also doesn't stack with the Iron Armbands.
The battlecrazed weapon indeed helps you get faster to your encounter racial as well, but eats one of your daily item uses that you mostly want to keep for salves of power.
The only gear choice Litigation that I don't agree with is swapping the bloodiron plate for agile one in the epic tier.
A cuick suggestion: since it wouldn't be too out of your way, you could take the windrise port background and take hero of faith for some serious crit-fishing while only sacraficing one feat. You could probably ditch something like plate armor specialization for it.
Solar Enemy
you assume because there is no timelimit you can use it for the whole encounter. Thats now RAW because the power says nothing about duration.
I on a RAI- level they make a mistake and forgett the duration and the duration of Solar Enemy should be something until the start/end of your next turn.
A cuick suggestion: since it wouldn't be too out of your way, you could take the windrise port background and take hero of faith for some serious crit-fishing while only sacraficing one feat. You could probably ditch something like plate armor specialization for it.

Ok...I give up...what does windrise port background do? I can't find it on DDI...

Great build BTW!
I love the build you made...

Here's my modification for a heroic FR campaign, with a touch of crit fisheman...

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Lucent, level 8
Human, Paladin
Build: Ardent Paladin
Background: Impiltur (Impiltur Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 22 Fort: 21 Reflex: 16 Will: 20
HP: 75 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +13, Religion +8, Diplomacy +10, Insight +15, Endurance +8, Perception +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +3, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +8, History +3, Intimidate +5, Nature +8, Stealth +2, Streetwise +5, Thievery +2, Athletics +7

FEATS
Human: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)
Level 2: Power of the Sun
Level 4: Mighty Challenge
Level 6: Virtuous Recovery
Level 8: Hero of Faith

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Ardent Strike
Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
Paladin at-will 1: Valiant Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Holy Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Divine Pursuit
Paladin daily 1: Blood of the Mighty
Paladin utility 2: Bless Weapon
Paladin encounter 3: Strength from Valor
Paladin daily 5: Arc of Vengeance
Paladin utility 6: One Heart, One Mind
Paladin encounter 7: Thunder Smite

ITEMS
Plate Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Oathblade Fullblade +1

I haven't finished picking items....
What about a cha-based changeling paladin instead? You can pick up solar enemy AND power of arcana/white lotus riposte/master riposte. That should significantly up the damage against marked enemies since they are going to eat cha-modifier+10 radiant damage automatically if they attack you, and you get to repeat the at-will attack on top of that (and they get a boat load of radiant damage from the divine challenge if they attack someone else). You can even get bracers of mental might if you want to pick up an odd strength-based attack power from a multi-class.
page 120 DP under benefits states vulnerable to radiant "until end of your next turn, after the the power's affects are resolved." Would the time limit stated there also go for the encounter power? since the power has no duration/time limit on it that could be implied for eternity if you really want to get retarded. As a power gamer I'm all about hosing the system but that kinda pally luv has got to be a mistype in the encounter power.
Ok...I give up...what does windrise port background do? I can't find it on DDI...

Great build BTW!

Dragon #376

Windrise Ports background allows you to take class specific multiclass feats for two classes rather than one. Also gain an additional language.
page 120 DP under benefits states vulnerable to radiant "until end of your next turn, after the the power's affects are resolved." Would the time limit stated there also go for the encounter power? since the power has no duration/time limit on it that could be implied for eternity if you really want to get retarded. As a power gamer I'm all about hosing the system but that kinda pally luv has got to be a mistype in the encounter power.

"Until the end of your next turn" is the single most common non-encounter duration in general, so it's a reasonable assumption to think that's what was intended if Solar Enemy's lack of duration was an error. Even if they just didn't expect people to powergame it so much, if they follow the CO board it'll probably soon be errata'ed to ending after your next turn anyway.

I would also like to know how this build can be adapted for a Chaladin.

Well, you'd probably need to go with a completely different build for the most part.

You could use the radiant vulnerability tricks, but the powers and most of the feats are Strength specific, especially the Barbarian multiclass/power swaps and the feats related to Divine Strength. That's pretty much the bulk of this build, so it's worth exploring other options.

For starters, you could check out his paladin guide if it's accessible on the new boards.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it, or seen it yet, but there is a Holy Symbol from AV 2 with Property: Any creatures within 5 squares of you that has vulnerability to radiant has that vulnerability increased by 5. Its called Symbol of Divine Light. Earliest one you can get seems to be level 17, but the property is the same on the higher level versions. This would add an addtional 5 damage per hit to your calculations. Should be easy to fit in since there is no restrictions on using it for powers/etc, just that you have it equipped, and since its a holy symbol, it doesn't eat up an equipment slot.

Worste case, should Solar Enemy gain the "Until the end of your next turn." clause, it will be a fine substitute for that power - doing exactly the same thing as the power in principle without eating up a power slot or action allotment.

I reckon this is a great build, but agree too that solar enemy seems to be missing it's "until the end of your next turn", or similar duration cap. It's just too awesome!

Principle idea of this modification of the Savage sun: Radiant Dragon Breath Abuse.

So I was working on this build as a paragon tiered theme.  the idea is to take control of a large area of the battlefield in one round and make your divine challenge deadly.  Breath augments hit the large area as a minor action and hand out radiant vulnerability via PP and items.

With added controllery burst effects from the CHAladin powers, most of the enemies will be missing and or sticky in this range too.  ingnoring the challenge is quite frankly deadly (18 + 15-20: 33- 38 radiant) and perpetuates the radiant vulnerability.  Not to mention with the wonderful barbarian attackshe can do a wicked amount of damage to one elite/ solo. 

I am a huge fan of the shield, bastard sword combo allowing solid defence with fat [W] dice.  I also have Holy Avenger and Medics because a quick weapon swap and I have Solar Enemy or Divine strength again. Obviously this is what a fully decked out LvL 30 pally would look like and something to work for.

Thoughts?

I also want to make sure that this all works right in my head also:

So radiant dragon breath gives vulnerability 10 as per morninglord PP.  Add 5 from the property of Symbol of divine radiance and 5 from solar enemy. that is 15 radiant vulnerablility to everyone in close burst 5 and 20 to everyone in close burst 2 for the cost of 2 minor actions.

Toranaga, level 30
Dragonborn, Paladin, Morninglord, Chosen
Build: Ardent Paladin
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Charisma
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Strength
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Cold

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 28, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 28.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 16.

AC: 45 Fort: 45 Reflex: 37 Will: 46
HP: 223 Surges: 19 Surge Value: 57

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +20, Insight +24, Diplomacy +29, Endurance +18, Perception +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +12, Arcana +15, Bluff +24, Dungeoneering +17, Heal +17, History +17, Intimidate +26, Nature +17, Stealth +12, Streetwise +24, Thievery +12, Athletics +20

FEATS
Level 1: Draconic Challenge
Level 2: Enlarged Dragon Breath
Level 4: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 6: Mighty Challenge
Level 8: Solar Enemy
Level 10: Radiant Breath
Level 11: Pervasive Light
Level 12: Power of the Sun
Level 14: Berserker's Fury
Level 16: Honored Foe
Level 18: Novice Power
Level 20: Paragon Defenses (retrained to Robust Defenses at Level 21)
Level 21: Glorious Channeler
Level 22: Tireless Wrath
Level 24: Divine Mastery
Level 26: Weakening Challenge
Level 28: Punishing Radiance
Level 30: Font of Radiance

POWERS
Paladin at-will 1: Virtuous Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Valorous Smite
Paladin daily 1: Majestic Halo
Paladin encounter 3: Avenging Smite
Paladin daily 5: Name of Might
Paladin utility 6: Wrath of the Gods
Paladin encounter 7: Price of Cowardice
Paladin daily 9: Shout of Condemnation
Paladin utility 10: Call of Challenge
Paladin encounter 13: Zealous Smite (retrained to Storm of Blades at Novice Power) (replaces Valorous Smite)
Paladin daily 15: True Nemesis (replaces Majestic Halo)
Paladin utility 16: Divine Aegis
Paladin encounter 17: Wrathful Smite (replaces Avenging Smite)
Paladin daily 19: Corona of Blinding Radiance (replaces Name of Might)
Paladin utility 22: Holy Wings
Paladin encounter 23: Champion's Call (replaces Price of Cowardice)
Paladin daily 25: Discipline the Unruly (replaces Shout of Condemnation)
Paladin encounter 27: Stunning Smite (retrained to Hurricane of Blades at Novice Power) (replaces Wrathful Smite)
Paladin daily 29: Powerful Faith (replaces True Nemesis)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Meliorating Tarrasque Plate Armor +6, Medic's Bastard sword +6, Shield of Ultimate Protection Heavy Shield (epic tier), Salve of Power (heroic tier) (5), Holy Avenger Bastard sword +6, Symbol of Divine Light +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Boots of Teleportation (epic tier), Strikebacks (heroic tier), Circlet of Indomitability (epic tier), War Ring (paragon tier), Ring of Tenacous Will (epic tier), Brooch of Vitality +6, Belt of Vitality (epic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Here's a Chaladin Chr/Wisdom based Changeling with White Lotus Riposte. For now don't worry about order of things -- I'm more interested in feedback and suggestions for the build basics.

With Chr he opens up more aoe options to hit everyone with the extra vulnerability damage and he has the Chr for the face skills which are fun.

[EDIT -- THIS QUESTION WAS ANSWERED -- NO] Can multiple divine domain feats simultaneously affect an attack power (in this case virtuous strike)? If they can, then virtuous strike will provide a save, give radiant vulnerability, and count as an an arcane at will attack power for white lotus riposte feats. (I don't have divine power book)

What do people think?

Radiant Sun Charisma Paly, level 30
Changeling, Paladin, Morninglord, Chosen
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Charisma
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Wisdom
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 25, Cha 29.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 17.

AC: 45 Fort: 38 Reflex: 38 Will: 47
HP: 224 Surges: 19 Surge Value: 56

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +23, Insight +31, Diplomacy +29, Intimidate +29, Perception +27, Heal +27

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Arcana +17, Bluff +26, Dungeoneering +22, Endurance +13, History +15, Nature +22, Stealth +13, Streetwise +24, Thievery +13, Athletics +14

FEATS
Level 1: Solar Enemy
Level 2: Hero of Faith
Level 4: Power of the Sun
Level 6: Bardic Dilettante
Level 8: Fickle Servant
Level 10: Power of the Sea
Level 11: Pervasive Light
Level 12: Power of Arcana
Level 14: White Lotus Riposte
Level 16: Honored Foe
Level 18: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 20: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 21: Glorious Channeler
Level 22: Robust Defenses
Level 24: Divine Mastery
Level 26: Weakening Challenge
Level 28: Punishing Radiance
Level 30: Implement Expertise (holy symbol)

POWERS
Paladin at-will 1: Virtuous Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Valorous Smite
Paladin daily 1: Majestic Halo
Paladin encounter 3: Avenging Smite
Paladin daily 5: Hallowed Circle
Paladin utility 6: Wrath of the Gods
Paladin encounter 7: Price of Cowardice
Paladin daily 9: Radiant Pulse
Paladin utility 10: Call of Challenge
Paladin encounter 13: Divine Reverence (replaces Valorous Smite)
Paladin daily 15: Divine Vengeance (replaces Majestic Halo)
Paladin utility 16: Liberation
Paladin encounter 17: Hand of the Gods (replaces Avenging Smite)
Paladin daily 19: Corona of Blinding Radiance (replaces Hallowed Circle)
Paladin utility 22: Failure is No Option
Paladin encounter 23: Censuring Radiance (replaces Price of Cowardice)
Paladin daily 25: Harsh Verdict (replaces Radiant Pulse)
Paladin encounter 27: Brand of Judgment (replaces Censuring Radiance)

ITEMS
Boots of the Fencing Master (heroic tier) (2), Cloak of Survival +2, Amulet of Health +1, Skull Mask (heroic tier), Symbol of Divinity +2, Layered Plate Armor of Resistance +2, Black Iron Layered Plate Armor +2, Vicious Longsword +2, Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), Adventurer's Kit, Salve of Power (heroic tier) (5), Symbol of Divine Light +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Boots of Teleportation (epic tier), Strikebacks (heroic tier), Circlet of Indomitability (epic tier), War Ring (paragon tier), Ring of Tenacous Will (epic tier), Brooch of Vitality +6, Belt of Vitality (epic tier), Meliorating Tarrasque Plate Armor +6, Medic's Bastard sword +6, Shield of Ultimate Protection Heavy Shield (epic tier), Holy Avenger Bastard sword +6, Bloodiron Layered Plate Armor +2
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Can multiple divine domain feats simultaneously affect an attack power (in this case virtuous strike)? If they can, then virtuous strike will provide a save, give radiant vulnerability, and count as an an arcane at will attack power for white lotus riposte feats. (I don't have divine power book)

Unfortunately, each attack power may benefit from no more than 1 domain feat at a time.

I don't know how "Boons" work, but I found this in the compendium and it would be fantastic for these builds (no god prereqs)

Pelor's Sun Blessing

The undimmed light of Pelor shines from individuals who champion his cause. They drive evil before them and bring solace to companions who fight alongside them.

Level: 3 [Has 6 different level variants]
Price: 680 gp
Divine Boon

Property: If you deal damage to a target that has vulnerability to radiant damage, you deal extra damage equal to your Wisdom or Constitution modifier, whichever is higher.

Power (At-Will): Minor Action. You emit bright light in a 5-square radius. As a minor action, you can stop emitting light.

Power (Daily * Healing): Minor Action. An ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge, and that ally gains a +1 item bonus to saving throws until the end of the encounter.

Unfortunately, each attack power may benefit from no more than 1 domain feat at a time.

I figured as much -- Thanks!

If you can convince your DM to allow you to use Amaunator--er, Pelor's Sun Disk, you can probably drop Pervasive Light and take Hero of Faith.

For reference Boons are just magic item properties and powers built in to character instead of spmething that can be stolen.

Someone already said the real item name.

The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Great looking build. Got a couple of questions...

1) Is there any way to MC earlier?
2)If you don't have morninglord, what other PP can you take? ( I know its an integral part to the build, but just wondering.)