The White Mage (L24): Cleric/Artificer/Compassionate Healer/Chosen, ultimate healbot.

117 posts / 0 new
Last post

"The only reason why anybody with a single iota of sanity would ever go out adventuring is because of the magical healing. Blades and burns hurt, but healing feels good, man."

IMAGE(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2422/3749134220_73ddeb1d74_o.jpg)
Fig. 1: Lily White, Chosen of Melora, Herald of Spring Renewal.

Objective of the Build
The goal of this build is to act as white mage, that is, a pacifist healer who supports allies primarily through sheer healing capabilities, without ever having to make a damage roll. The secondary means of support is through debuffing enemies using powers that do not deal damage. The first downfall of this build is that it actually gives up healing potential from powers that deliver damage while granting allies the opportunity to spend healing surges, but in exchange, the Healing Word power and the utility healing powers of this build are strengthened thanks to Pacifist Healer. The second downfall of this build is that its non-AC defenses are pretty bad, though this can be patched up with some feats.

The Build at Level 24
Level: 24
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Cleric (Healer's Mercy)
Paragon Path: Compassionate Healer
Epic Destiny: Chosen of Melora
Background Benefit: Auspicious Birth/Born Under a Bad Sign
Ability Scores: 10 Strength, 14 Constitution, 12 Dexterity, 13 Intelligence, 24+2+2 Wisdom, 22+2+2 Charisma
Hit Points: 157; Bloodied: 78; Surges: 9; AC: 37; Fortitude: 35; Reflex: 34; Will: 41
Heroic Feats: Defensive Healing Word, Healer's Implement, Implement Expertise (Holy Symbols), Mark of Healing, Pacifist Healer, Potent Restorables, Power of Life, Toughness
Epic Feats: Beatific Healer, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Reinforcing Healing, Robust Defenses, Supreme Healing
Multiclass Feats: Student of Artifice
Equipment: +5 Symbol of the Warpriest (level 25), +5 Healer's Brooch (level 24), +5 Shared Valor Weavemail (level 23), +3 Mace of Healing (17,000 gp), +1 Medic's Mace (840 gp), Epic Gloves of the Healer (325,000 gp), Heroic Bracers of Respite (520 gp), Heroic Circlet of Indomitability (3,400 gp), Cincture of Vivacity (21,000 gp), Ring of Invigoration (13,000 gp), Boots of Eagerness (4,200 gp), Escape Tattoo (680 gp), Keoghtom's Ointment
This is a great view of the obscene amount of healing that Clerics can provide post DP. Good stuff.

A few questions: is the Artificer MC simply to get healing infusion 1/day and potent restorables? Also, have you considered hybriding? Clerics only lose one use of healing word after level 16 if they are hybrid with another leader class, and Astral Seal seems to be the crux of this build anyway.

As another aside, if you take the Arcane domain feat, you might be able to get even more healing and the benefit of safety by applying the White Lotus Riposte series of feats. It's kinda like multiattacking but with healing.

As an aside, I love the opening quote.

As another aside, the level that the build is for seems oddly specific... lol.
A few questions: is the Artificer MC simply to get healing infusion 1/day and potent restorables?

It's also to get the Reinforcing Healing feat.

Also, have you considered hybriding? Clerics only lose one use of healing word after level 16 if they are hybrid with another leader class, and Astral Seal seems to be the crux of this build anyway.

I'd like this build to have a full array of three Healing Words per encounter, since Healer's Lore, Beatific Healing, and Pacifist Healer wouldn't affect Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, and Spirit Healing.

As another aside, if you take the Arcane domain feat, you might be able to get even more healing and the benefit of safety by applying the White Lotus Riposte series of feats.

Power of Arcana unfortunately doesn't cover Astral Seal.

As an aside, I love the opening quote.

Thank you.

As another aside, the level that the build is for seems oddly specific... lol.

Well, the build works at lower levels to a lesser extent, but 24 is its sweet spot. +5 Shared Valor Armor, a +5 Healer's Brooch, and a +5 Symbol of the Warpriest can be taken as your level 23, 24, and 25 items respectively. For a paragon-tier version of the build, level 14 would be its prime level.
I don't have DP yet, but from what I hear the Saint ED would do more for your healing. Unless the +25 to heals is the lvl30 feature?
I don't have DP yet, but from what I hear the Saint ED would do more for your healing. Unless the +25 to heals is the lvl30 feature?

The Saint's +25 healing is at level 30, and applies only on divine healing powers.
Very nice. DP has restored clerics to their rightful place as King of Healing.

Just going over your numbers, I think you've missed the additional +5 you get to healing powers with the 'Healer's Implement' feat. You don't list it in the static mods.

I suspect if you actually brought this character to the table, most of the healing would go on yourself, since the DM would target you without mercy, given that there's no way in heck he's taking anyone else down while you're still standing!
Just going over your numbers, I think you've missed the additional +5 you get to healing powers with the 'Healer's Implement' feat. You don't list it in the static mods.

Thanks, it seems I've missed that too. I also happen to have fumbled over the numbers for Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, but that's fixed now as well. Adding up healing bonuses can get confusing given how some of them only selectively apply to your powers.
You're missing paragon tier feats unless I am blind, which is possible
You're missing paragon tier feats unless I am blind, which is possible

The build has no paragon feats.
Then what do you do as you level up :P

Basically until I hit Epic what do you see as the best bang for the feat before I can swap it out
Then what do you do as you level up :P

You take more heroic feats, and you also take some paragon feats to tide you over until you hit epic and can start retraining.
Thanks, it seems I've missed that too. I also happen to have fumbled over the numbers for Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, but that's fixed now as well. Adding up healing bonuses can get confusing given how some of them only selectively apply to your powers.

Astral Seal should be 4d6+37. I'm not sure where you're getting the extra +7. You might want to double check again.

Healing word seems correct at 12d6+42.
Astral Seal should be 4d6+37. I'm not sure where you're getting the extra +7. You might want to double check again.

Healing word seems correct at 12d6+42.

Astral Seal heals:
2 base
+7 Charisma modifier
+8 Wisdom modifier (Healer's Lore)
+7 Charisma modifier (Beatific Healer)
+5 Healer's Implement
+6 Potent Restorables
+5 Healer's Brooch
+4 Mace of Healing
= +44
Please elaborate in your breakdown of what healing bonuses apply to where. For example, explain which ones boost divine healing powers, and which ones boost "powers that restore hit points."

Also you don't need to use Healer's Mercy to use the medic's weapon, but you can use the other channel divinity power to grant this free healing if nobody wants to spend a healing surge.

Also your powers section has a copy paste problem listing powers twice.

I was thinking of doing a build much like this one, but this one is the penultimate healer.

Mind you the pacifist healer only gets dazed if he attacks a bloodied foe, so he can use attacking powers at the beginning of combat instead of doing nothing. There are a few str based powers who's effects grant healing, so this is doable as he isn't focused on damaging.

Instead of going parrying dagger, get durable so you can sink some of your healing surges into the belt instead of the party.

You also might want the party to take a cinture of vivacity so that all this extra healing will become temporary HP instead of fizzling.

Why did you choose Kalashtar? NM it's because of the +2 wis, +2 cha.

Where is Compassionate Healer? nm, it's in divine power page 47

What would happen if you used a cleric 1/5 power like Beacon of hope to boost your powers and refreshed it through salves of power? This would give you a nice boost in healing. although it might not compensate enough than just putting the surge you would have spent in the belt and healing with that. I guess length of encounter determines the breaking point.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Astral Seal heals:
2 base
+7 Charisma modifier
+8 Wisdom modifier (Healer's Lore)
+7 Charisma modifier (Beatific Healer)
+5 Healer's Implement
+6 Potent Restorables
+5 Healer's Brooch
+4 Mace of Healing
= +44

Ah, I forgot the +7 Charisma from the power itself. *smack forehead*
I request a level 1 and 14 snapshot.

Please list how many encounter powers that require a healing surge, those that don't.
It might be good to get a battle standard of healing. I don't know about the legality of it, but some of your feats/items might be able to boost the 1 HP it grants when someone spends a healing surge.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Interesting addition
Battle standard of healing

This is not simply a recommendation to use the standard, but due to wording of Gloves of the healer when you plant the standard an ally regains 1d6 HP.
I don't know how the standard interacts with the other healing stuff, but it might be useful at the beginning of battle.

I feel Mass cure light wounds is a better level 10 utility rather than word of vigor because you have enough powers that cost a healing surge. Surgeless healing is more desirable.

I also feel Mantle of Glory is preferable to Remorse, assuming all allies are wearing a cincture of vitality. This is a great way to start off a battle. You blast 5 the dogpile, allies spend a healing surge and have tons of THP, enemies are assumed not to be bloody so you don't get stunned.

I feel Brilliant Censure does a better job than Penance of blood, as vulnerable 5 < +2d6(7 average) on allies attacks(which may be multi-attack). Plus blinding the enemies is better than increasing vulnerabilities you bestow seeing that you don't have many.

I noticed you hadn't picked a 23rd level encounter attack power.
Might I Recommend Spirit Flame. Although it's against the theme of doing no damage, being able to use this power any-time, even on a bloodied foe, and end the stunned condition imposed by Pacifist Healer by damaging a bloodied foe, is great. Blast 5, 3d10 is a good AoE.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I asked a question to customer service, due to suspect wording on some of the healing boosts. It was a lengthy question, and some of the replies didn't make total sense to me, but the following was pretty clear:

"When an ally regains hit points by hitting the target of your Astral Seal or
Recovery Strike is the ally a target of the power?"

No.

So, I don't think Gloves of the Healer, Compassionate Blessing, and Mournland Dedicate add to Astral Seal because of the wording. More precisely:

Gloves of the Healer (epic): "When you use a power that has the healing keyword, one target regains an extra 2d6 hit points." Your power didn't have the ally as a target, and so no extra hit points.

Compassionate Blessing: "...the power's target regains 2d6 additional hit points..." Your ally is not the power's target so no additional hit points.

Mournland Dedicate: "...healing powers that target you or any ally within 5 squares of you restore 2d6 extra hit points..." This power does not target an ally, so no extra hit points.

Aside from these three though, everything else does add to Astral Seal. So I think it's going to be just a flat 44 in this case.

Of course, it's possible I may have asked my questions in a leading fashion, so if someone else wants to double check, or give reasoning why it should be ruled one way or another, that would be great.
I asked a question to customer service, due to suspect wording on some of the healing boosts. It was a lengthy question, and some of the replies didn't make total sense to me, but the following was pretty clear:

So, I don't think Gloves of the Healer, Compassionate Blessing, and Mournland Dedicate add to Astral Seal because of the wording. More precisely:

Gloves of the Healer (epic): "When you use a power that has the healing keyword, one target regains an extra 2d6 hit points." Your power didn't have the ally as a target, and so no extra hit points.

Compassionate Blessing: "...the power's target regains 2d6 additional hit points..." Your ally is not the power's target so no additional hit points.

Mournland Dedicate: "...healing powers that target you or any ally within 5 squares of you restore 2d6 extra hit points..." This power does not target an ally, so no extra hit points.

Aside from these three though, everything else does add to Astral Seal. So I think it's going to be just a flat 44 in this case.

Of course, it's possible I may have asked my questions in a leading fashion, so if someone else wants to double check, or give reasoning why it should be ruled one way or another, that would be great.

If that's true then the following powers won't gain any benefits from the aforementioned features/items
Healing Strike(encounter 1)
Recovery Strike(at-will 1)
Beacon of Hope(daily 1)
Hallowed Advance (daily 5)
Consecrated Ground(daily 5)
Spirit of Healing(daily 6)
Stream of Life(daily 6)
Zealous Sanction(encounter 7)
Strengthen the Faithful(encounter 7)
Strike of Judgment(encounter 7)
Crucial Resurgence(daily 9)
Divine Fury(daily 9)
Remorse(encounter 13)
Mantle of Glory(encounter 13)
Inspiring Strike(encounter 13)
Divine Reprisal(daily 15)
Purifying Fire(daily 15)
Indomitable Spirit(daily 19)
Spirit of Health(daily 22)
Healing Torch(encounter 23)
Divine Fervor(encounter 23)
Life Lanterns(daily 25)
Healer's Reproof(encounter 27)
Sacrificial Healing(encounter 27)
Sunburst(encounter 27)
Breath of the Stars(daily 29)

The only ones left are mostly utility powers that target the ally. Most of the powers say things to the effect "allies in the blast/burst can spend a healing surge/regain HP equal to..." That's quite a list they meant to exclude.

At this point it might be common sense to simply say that any creature that is specified for a power is a target of the powers in some form, not necessarily for the hit line and the attack.
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Most of the powers say things to the effect "allies in the blast/burst can spend a healing surge/regain HP equal to..." That's quite a list they meant to exclude.

At this point it might be common sense to simply say that any creature that is specified for a power is a target of the powers in some form, not necessarily for the hit line and the attack.

"Target" is a pretty well defined game term. It's only 2 features and 1 item that don't jive well with the powers you listed. Perhaps the fault is in these features and item, and not the interpretation of "Target" that's used everywhere.
I've made some revisions to the build after reading through some suggestions. I felt that it was worth it to downgrade the Mace of Healing to +3 to make way for a Cincture of Vivacity, because you wouldn't want to waste any healing you grant yourself, as well as three Keoghtom's Ointments to grant the party three more healing surges. I also exchanged out Mourning Savior for Chosen, since +2 Wis/Cha seems like a better deal than the conditional +2d6 healing. Lastly, I swapped out Sever the Source for Bane, since a -8 penalty on attack rolls and all defenses is serious business for a level 1 encounter power, and Penance of Blood for Brilliant Censure, because of the newfound lack of Sever the source.
Here's my outline of a 1-30 build. Sorry for the formatting issues
I prefered to stay with the old epic destiny because the +2d6 applied to all but 1 of my powers.

Feats

1 : Pacifist Healer
2 : Mark of Healing
3 :
4 : Healer's Implement
5 :
6 : Student of Artfice
7 :
8 : Potent Restorables
9 :
10: Implement Expertise (Holy Symbols)
11: Restful healing
12: Durable
13:
14: Power of Life
15:
16: Weapon prof(Parrying dagger)
17:
18: toughness
19:
20: ?
21: Beatific Healer, ? -> Reinforcing Healing
22: Supreme healer
23:
24: Epic fort
25:
26: Epic Reflexes
27:
28: Epic Will
29:
30: Robust Defenses

Powers

1 : Astral Seal,Sacred Flame, Bane, Astral Condemnation
2 : Life Transference
3 : Astral flare
4 :
5 : Iron to Glass
6 : Bastion of Health
7 : Denunciation(DP)
8 :
9 : Dismissal
10: Mass cure light wounds
11: So Others Might Live
12: Bear the Wounds
13: Mantle of glory
14:
15: Brillant Censure
16: Unexpected Return
17: Sever the Source
18:
19: Moment of Peace
20: Martyr's Cry
21:
22: Mass Cure Serious Wounds
23: Spirit Flame
24:
25: Sacred Word(PHB)
26:
27: Healer's Reproof(DP)
28:
29: Enforced Surrender(DP)
30:

Items

1 : +1 vanilla magic holy symbol, +1 vanilla chain
2 : Bracer's of respite
3 :
4 : Hedge wizard's gloves, +1 Healer's brooch, +1 medic's dagger
5 :
6 : +2 vanilla magic holy symbol, Bracers of mental might
7 :
8 : +2 Shared Valor Armor, +2 Mace of Healing
9 : Boots of Eagerness, +2 Healer's brooch
10: Lens of Discernment(so I can be useful at the beginning of combat)
11: +3 vanilla magic holy symbol, Healer's sash
12: Gloves of the Healer(paragon), Foe Stone(so I can be useful at the beginning of combat)
13: +3 Shared Valor Armor, +3 Mace of Healing
14: +3 Healer's brooch, ring of the dwarflords(2)
15: +3 Symbol of the War Priest
16:
17:
18: +4 Shared Valor Armor, +5 Mace of Healing
19: +4 Healer's brooch
20: +4 Symbol of the War Priest
21:
22: Gloves of the Healer(Epic)
23: +5 Shared Valor Armor, +5 Mace of Healing
24: +5 Healer's brooch
25: +5 Symbol of the War Priest
26:
27:
28: +6 Shared Valor Armor, +6 Mace of Healing
29: +6 Healer's brooch
30: +6 Symbol of the War Priest

@2nd level

Astral Seal(At-will): 6(cha+2) + 4(wis:healer's lore) = +10 HP + saving throw
Life Transference(I take damage)(surgeless)
2*HSV + 4(wis) = 2*HSV + 4 + saving throw
Healing word(2/ encounter): HSV + 1d6(base) + 4(Wis:healer's lore) + 1d6 + 4(Pacifist Healer) = HSV + 2d6 + 8 + saving throw
Healer's Mercy(channel divinity):
Target: each bloodied ally:
Effect: HSV + 4(Wis:healer's lore) + 1d6 + 4(Pacifist Healer) = HSV + 1d6 + 8 + saving throw

@8th level

Healing Boosts:
Potent Restorables (Heroic Feat): +3 on all healing powers.
+2 Healer's Brooch (Neck Item): +2 on all healing powers.
+2 Mace of Healing (Weapon): +2 on all healing powers.
Healer's Lore (Class Feature): + Wisdom modifier (+5) on all cleric healing powers.
Healer's Implement (Heroic Feat): Holy symbol's enhancement bonus (+2) on all cleric healing powers.
Pacifist Healer (Heroic Feat): +1d6 + Charisma modifier (+1d6+5) on all divine powers that allow the target to spend a healing surge.

Ways to heal:
Astral Seal(at-will)(surgeless)
7(cha+2) + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) + 5(wis) + 2(healer's implement) = +21 HP + savign throw
Healing Infusion(daily) (surgeless)
HSV + 7(wis+2) + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) = HSV + 14 + savign throw
Life Transference(I take damage)(surgeless)
2*HSV + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) + 5(wis) + 2(healer's implement) + 1d6+5(pacifist) = 2*HSV + 1d6+19 + saving throw
Bracer's of respite(daily item)(surgeless)
move up next to 2 allies and heal one, the other gains
+1d8 + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) = 1d8 + 7 + savign throw

Bastion of Health(encounter)
HSV + 5(cha) + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) + 5(wis) + 2(healer's implement) + 1d6+5(pacifist) = HSV + 1d6 + 24 + savign throw
Healer's mercy(Channel Divinity)
Targets all bloodied allies in burst 5
HSV + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) + 5(wis) + 2(healer's implement) + 1d6+5(pacifist) = HSV + 1d6 + 19 + savign throw
Another target
6(cha+medic's dagger)
Divine Fortune(Channel Divinity)
6(cha+medic's dagger)
Healing Word(2/encounter)
HSV + 2d6(base) + 3(Potent) + 2(brooch) + 2(mace) + 5(wis) + 2(healer's implement) + 1d6+5(pacifist) = HSV + 3d6 + 19 + savign throw
Battle Standard of healing
Someone spends a healing surge
1 + 3(Potent) + 2(mace) + 2(brooch) = +8 HP for everyone

@16th level

22 wis, 22 cha
Healing Boosts:
Potent Restorables (Heroic Feat): +5 on all healing powers.
+3 Healer's Brooch (Neck Item): +3 on all healing powers.
+3 Mace of Healing (Weapon): +3 on all healing powers.
Gloves of the Healer (Hands Item): +1d6 on all healing powers.
Compassionate Blessing (PP Feature): +2d6 on all healing powers, and you take 5 damage and receive a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Healer's Lore (Class Feature): + Wisdom modifier (+6) on all cleric healing powers.
Healer's Implement (Heroic Feat): Holy symbol's enhancement bonus (+3) on all cleric healing powers.
Pacifist Healer (Heroic Feat): +2d6 + Charisma modifier (+2d6+6) on all divine powers that allow the target to spend a healing surge.

Ways to heal:
Astral Seal(at-will)
7(cha+2) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) = +27 + saving throw
Life Transference(encounter)(I take damage)
2*HSV + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6+6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = 2*HSV + 5d6+26 + saving throw
Healing Infusion(daily) (surgeless)
HSV + 10(wis+4) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 3d6 + 21 + savign throw
Mass cure light wounds(daily) surgeless
Burst 5 everybody
HSV + 6(cha) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6+6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 5d6 + 32 + saving throw
Bracer's of respite(daily item)
move up next to 2 allies and heal one, the other gains
+1d8 + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = 1d8 + 3d6 + 11 + saving throw
Gloves of the Healer(daily item)(I, not ally, spend healing surge)
HSV + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 3d6 + 11

Healing Word(3/encounter)
HSV + 4d6(base) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6+6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 9d6 + 26 + savign throw
Bastion of Health(encounter)
HSV + 5(cha) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6 + 6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 3d6 + 31 + savign throw
Healer's mercy(Channel Divinity)
Targets all bloodied allies in burst 5
HSV + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6+6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 5d6 + 26 + saving throw
Another target
7(cha+medic's dagger)
Divine Fortune(Channel Divinity)
7(cha+medic's dagger)
Unexpected Return
Resurection
HSV + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 6(wis) + 3(healer's implement) + 2d6+6(pacifist) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 5d6 + 26 + saving throw
Battle Standard of healing (when you plant it someone gets 1d6)
Someone spends a healing surge
1 + 5(Potent) + 3(mace) + 3(brooch) = +12 HP for everyone
Healer's sash
HSV + 1d6(belt) + 5(Potent) + 3(brooch) + 3(mace) + 1d6(gloves) + 2d6(compassionate) = HSV + 4d6 + 11
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Instead of Keoghtom's ointment, get Ring of the dwarflords as it's a free healing surge at no daily item cost. I don't know what would happen if you were at zero healing surges and removed one.

I'm surprised at myself, giving so much healing optimization advise. I'm usually a DPR kind of guy. I guess my analytical mind applied well on this field.

as per you the healer favoring cincture of vivacity over healer's sash, I'd prefer the sash. there aren't many times I'm spending a healing surge myself for myself, which is were the vivacity comes into play. The belt offers the party one more healing surge as it comes pre-packaged with a counter, and with as many heal boosters as you have, it's better in your hands/waist than others. Just make sure that the rest of the party is wearing the vivacity.

I still don't know where the original epic destiny is found. Would someone enlighten me?
DPR King Candidates 3.0
FRPG I believe or the Dragon about it
as per you the healer favoring cincture of vivacity over healer's sash, I'd prefer the sash. there aren't many times I'm spending a healing surge myself for myself, which is were the vivacity comes into play.

You're second on the DM's priority list, the first being the defenders, if you're some sort of uber-healing monstrosity. That's why you most likely will end up on the receiving end of much of the enemy's firepower, and thus why you should have a Cincture yourself.

I still don't know where the original epic destiny is found. Would someone enlighten me?

It's from the Eberron Player's Guide.
Here's my outline of a 1-30 build. Sorry for the formatting issues
I prefered to stay with the old epic destiny because the +2d6 applied to all but 1 of my powers.

I must admit that the ability scores in the OP topic are disingeniously optimized specifically for level 24, given that it's a 17/15 setup. If you planned on taking this character from anywhere lower than that, especially beginning at heroic or epic, it would be much more wise to go for 16/16 so that you could have Student of Artifice and Potent Restorables even before reaching level 21.
Is there any reason you can't go with 10 Con at level 1, and start with 13 int, with your current stat setup?
Is there any reason you can't go with 10 Con at level 1, and start with 13 int, with your current stat setup?

You can, but I'm not that fond of 17/15 at level 1. A better ability score array at that level would be 8 Strength, 10 Dexterity, 11 Constitution, 13 Intelligence, 16+2 Wisdom, 16+2 Charisma.
Quick question:

Could someone point out what the background does/where it's from?
Quick question:

Could someone point out what the background does/where it's from?

You use your highest ability score in place of your con for HP
DPR King Candidates 3.0
Ah, must be from EPG or FRPG then I assume.
Ah, must be from EPG or FRPG then I assume.

Actually, it is from Dragon 366.
I somehow missed Defensive Healing Word in Divine Power, which has now taken the place of Weapon Proficiency (Parrying Dagger), resulting in our white mage now wielding a Mace of Healing and a Medic's Mace (healing maracas~?). It makes Healing Word mind-blowingly awesome.
What, no Bard, MC Warlord, Artificer, Cleric, Shaman? Wouldn't that be the ultimate healer?? Or am I mistaken?
What, no Bard, MC Warlord, Artificer, Cleric, Shaman? Wouldn't that be the ultimate healer?? Or am I mistaken?

Read, comprehend, post. In that order
Actually, it is from Dragon 366.

I see... Is there anything else in this from Dragon?
Jeebus that's alot of heals... llike... that's ridiculously "healy."

I want one in my party....
Adslahnit, great work! Pacifist healers are always a fun archetype to toy around with. On a mechanical note, does Astral Seal actually trigger Mark of Healing? The relevant Compendium text for Mark is "Whenever you use a healing power on an ally...". Has there been an official statement on what exactly constitutes "using a power" on someone?
Adslahnit, great work! Pacifist healers are always a fun archetype to toy around with. On a mechanical note, does Astral Seal actually trigger Mark of Healing? The relevant Compendium text for Mark is "Whenever you use a healing power on an ally...". Has there been an official statement on what exactly constitutes "using a power" on someone?

I'd take the stance that the power is acting on them, arguing that unlike other feats and items it does not have the restriction, "if you target an ally with a healing power" thus making mark of healing not work. But I may be commiting the munchkin fallacy
DPR King Candidates 3.0
I'd take the stance that the power is acting on them, arguing that unlike other feats and items it does not have the restriction, "if you target an ally with a healing power" thus making mark of healing not work. But I may be commiting the munchkin fallacy

So...I can't quite tell what you're saying here. Do you believe that Astral Seal's healing will trigger Mark of Healing?
Yes, I do. I'm also saying that I admit to committing the munchkin fallacy in that by implying that the feat does not say, as do many others, that the power must "target" the ally that it must therefore not have that requirement. By leaving the wording vague("acting on") and not specific("targets an ally") it must therefore does not require that the power have the ally in the list of the targets. "Acting on" could then be extended to include this power as well as most all healing powers that simply say, "allies in burst get X."
DPR King Candidates 3.0