The True Speaker of the Gods: Exploiting Channel Divinity for Fun and Profit

28 posts / 0 new
Last post

The True Speaker of the Gods

Introduction

The Revered One epic destiny is notable for its ability to break one of the cardinal rules of the divine power source: it can use all of its Channel Divinity powers each encounter, and is not limited in terms of what it can take.

While reading through the PHB2, I came across the Speaker of the Gods feat. It allows an Invoker to score critical hits with divine powers on a natural roll of 18-20 following the use of a Channel Divinity power.

The two were practically begging to be used in combination. Not only does the Revered One let you pack each encounter full of what are essentially encounter utility powers by expanding the use of Channel Divinity, but if you spread your Channel Divinity powers out over the entire encounter, you can effectively have a critical hit range of 18-20 for all your powers.

But wait! There's more!

If we throw the Avenger into the mix, we now have a striker with that 18-20 crit range. It's also Divine, and uses Wisdom as its primary stat.

So I decided to throw a build together for this concept now that the Character Builder features the updated hybrid rules. I'll start by outlining the choices I made, and why I made them.

Basics of the Build

Race:
The Deva is an obvious choice for this build's race.

Devas receive Wisdom and Intelligence bumps, and feature powerful resistances and a universally useful racial power. They also have some very nice racial feats that can be picked up (and later tossed aside) over the course of the build.

Classes:
The True Speaker of the Gods is a hybrid Invoker/Avenger.

The Invoker is a controller with heavy leader overtones. Because this build will eventually transition into a very capable leader, this provides a lot of synergy. It also allows us to qualify for the critical Speaker of the Gods feat. The covenant of preservation is best for this build.

The Avenger is a dedicated striker. Its ability to single a target out and roll attack rolls twice against it makes it very attractive to critical hit builds.

I selected fortitude defense bumps for both hybrid classes. Fortitude is where this build is lacking most.

Paragon Path:
The True Speaker of the Gods features the Morninglord paragon path.

This is something of a no-brainer. The Morninglord is unrivaled for its ability to dish out radiant damage. Not only will every enemy we attack gain vulnerable 10 radiant (which effectively increases the damage of nearly every attack by 10), but every time we use a Channel Divinity power, a nearby enemy (hopefully one with vulnerable 10 radiant) will take radiant damage.

Epic Destiny:
The crucial capstone of the build, the True Speaker of the Gods is a Revered One.

The Revered One is clearly a leader-themed epic destiny. It can restore downed allies to life as long as it has healing surges remaining, and has a very powerful resistance buff.

At level 24 it gains the most important feature of the build: Manifest the Divine. The character can use all of its Channel Divinity powers every encounter, and can take as many divinity feats as it can handle, without restriction. This can get kind of nuts.

Ability Scores:
Both Wisdom and Intelligence are important to this build, and they should start at 18 at a minimum. Constitution gives us more healing surges and helps keep that Fortitude defense from lagging too far behind. Charisma helps with many of the build's secondary features. These should be given secondary priority.

Skills:
These are largely unimportant to the build. They do not factor into its mechanical effectiveness much at all. Choose what you will.

Feats:
The most critical decisions lie here.

We have 18 feats over the course of 30 levels to play with. At level 24 we gain the ability to take any number of Divinity feats. This means that starting at level 24, we will begin training out old feats for Divinity feats, without fail.

Hybrid Talent is critical. It must be used to gain the Channel Divinity class feature. I suggest the Invoker's Preserver's Rebuke. Unfortunately this means that the other, much more beneficial class features will get left behind. Them's the breaks.

Speaker of the Gods is also critical. It gives us the 18-20 crit range this build is created to enable and take advantage of.

We are limited in the number of Divinity feats that can be taken. Before level 24, only two such feats are available to use: Divine Rage (indispensable for an Avenger) and your deity's Divinity feat. We have to worship Amaunator to qualify for Morninglord, so that winds up being Power of Amaunator. Both of these feats should be taken before level 24, which gives us 3 Channel Divinity powers before we gain Manifest the Divine.

The rest of the character's feats can be spent more freely. I strongly recommend Focused Expertise - since we'll be using a Crusader's Weapon - and Font of Radiance. The Deva racial feats are also very helpful, but some will eventually need to be retrained to make room for Divinity feats.

At level 24, we will pick up a new Divinity feat. The same goes for 26, 28 and 30. At level 24, and every level thereafter, we will retrain an old feat for a new Divinity feat. This gives us eleven additional Divinity feats, for a total of fourteen Channel Divinity powers available to us per encounter. More on that later.

I suggest the following Divinity feats be picked up over the course of this build:

• Divine Rage
  • Power of Amaunator
  • Arawai's Abundance
  • Chauntea's Blessing
  • Creation Secret
  • Berronar's Salve
  • Eyes of Selune
  • Glittergold's Gambit
  • Kord's Favor
  • Raven Queen's Blessing
  • Sheela Peryroyl's Gift
  • Light Within
  • Shield of the Silver Flame

Note that, prior to level 24, you can technically take any number of Divinity feats as long as you worship the deity attached to each of them. While you won't be able to use more than one per encounter (though your Crusader's Weapon might help with this), they can have a lot of utility out of combat if chosen carefully, and you will have many more Channel Divinity powers to employ from the get-go when you hit level 24.

Powers:
The power choices we make are not as critical to the build as they might seem. This character will play very differently in paragon tier than it will in epic tier, as it transitions from striking to striking and leading at the same time. We can pick any attack powers that fit well with our preferred style of combat. Focusing on radiant powers is a good idea, though our Crusader's Weapon will ensure that we can always take advantage of the vulnerable 10 radiant we'll be inflicting.

As far as utility powers go, both classes have solid choices. I particularly liked the following for this build:

• Shroud of Warning
  • Soul Seeker
  • Divine Renewal
  • Covenant of Life
  • Invoke Heroism

We must take care when selecting powers past level 23. There will be no opportunities to retrain powers after that point, so we're stuck with what we've chosen until we learn new powers.

Equipment:
The only crucial piece of equipment here is the Crusader's Weapon. In addition to making all of our attacks deal some radiant damage (and we love radiant damage), it allows us to conserve feats by letting us take advantage of Focused Expertise.

The Build in Play

Prior to level 24, this character should be played as a straight-up Avenger/Invoker hybrid. It is still effective as a striker, and has some controller versatility, and Morninglord gives it a solid damage boost.

At level 24, this build takes on a new life. It starts gaining access to more than a dozen Channel Divinity powers. Using the list I outlined above, an example of such a character might end up with 5 encounter healing powers, 4 encounter grant-a-save powers, 1 encounter reroll-that power, and a few other miscellaneous abilities from Channel Divinity. The goal should be to use at least one Channel Divinity power per round to ensure that your next divine attack power can take advantage of an 18-20 crit range. At the same time, you want to space your use of these powers out so that they last the whole encounter. If you spend one per round, you'll be just fine unless the encounter drags on for 15 rounds or more.

Clearly, this build can have an incredible range of versatility, especially once it reaches level 24. Depending on your choice of Divinity feats, you can emphasize the striker, controller or leader aspects of the build.

In Summary

Pros:
  • Occupies two roles (striker and leader) well, and offers some utility as a third (controller)
  • Potentially very strong damage output through combined radiant vulnerability and high crit chance
  • Consistent hitter thanks to Oath of Enmity
  • Extremely versatile, with utility depending on choice of Divinity feats
  • A fantastic boon to any party, particularly those with characters capable of dealing radiant damage

Cons:
  • Low defenses - care must be taken to avoid accumulating too much damage, especially in melee
  • Certain choices will de-emphasize portions of the build; focusing on striking will reduce effectiveness as a controller
  • While effective at lower levels, the build doesn't come into its own until level 24
  • Potential reliance on Crusader's Weapon to avoid feat overtax.

Sample Build

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Solus, level 30
Deva, Avenger|Invoker, Morninglord, Revered One
Hybrid Avenger: Hybrid Avenger Fortitude
Covenant Manifestation: Manifestation of Preservation
Hybrid Invoker: Hybrid Invoker Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Channel Divinity (Hybrid Invoker)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 26, Wis 26, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 40 Fort: 37 Reflex: 39 Will: 41
HP: 171 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +31, Perception +28, Religion +35

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +15, Arcana +23, Bluff +17, Diplomacy +17, Dungeoneering +23, Endurance +17, Heal +28, History +25, Intimidate +17, Nature +28, Stealth +15, Streetwise +17, Thievery +15, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Divine Rage
Level 4: Power of Amaunator
Level 6: Battle Intuition (retrained to Creation Secret at Level 25)
Level 8: Focused Expertise (Maul)
Level 10: Implement Expertise (holy symbol) (retrained to Eyes of Selûne at Level 26)
Level 11: Shared Channeling (retrained to Shield of the Silver Flame at Level 30)
Level 12: Speaker of the Gods
Level 14: Auspicious Lineage (retrained to Raven Queen's Blessing at Level 28)
Level 16: Ascendant Lineage (retrained to Glittergold's Gambit at Level 27)
Level 18: Heavenly Heritage (retrained to Chauntea's Blessing at Level 24)
Level 20: Remembered Mother Tongue
Level 21: Transcendent Lineage (retrained to Sheela Peryroyl's Gift at Level 29)
Level 22: Font of Radiance
Level 24: Arawai's Abundance
Level 26: Berronar's Salve
Level 28: Kord's Favor
Level 30: Light Within

POWERS
Hybrid Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Retribution
Hybrid Invoker at-will 1: Sun Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Blades of Astral Fire
Hybrid daily 1: Temple of Light
Hybrid utility 2: Shroud of Warning
Hybrid encounter 3: Deflecting Thunder
Hybrid daily 5: Searing Orb
Hybrid utility 6: Soul Seeker
Hybrid encounter 7: Light and Darkness
Hybrid daily 9: Fated Doom
Hybrid utility 10: Divine Renewal
Hybrid encounter 13: Light of the Avenging Sun (replaces Deflecting Thunder)
Hybrid daily 15: Mark of Anathema (replaces Searing Orb)
Hybrid utility 16: Covenant of Life
Hybrid encounter 17: Glyph of Three Blades (replaces Blades of Astral Fire)
Hybrid daily 19: Temple of Respite (replaces Temple of Light)
Hybrid utility 22: Invoke Heroism
Hybrid encounter 23: Bond of Justice (replaces Light and Darkness)
Hybrid daily 25: Anthem of the First Dawn (replaces Fated Doom)
Hybrid encounter 27: Death Stroke (replaces Light of the Avenging Sun)
Hybrid daily 29: Temple of Resolution (replaces Temple of Respite)

ITEMS
Dawn Warrior Mindpatterned Armor +6, Crusader's Maul +6, Periapt of Cascading Health +6, War Ring (paragon tier), Ring of Heroic Insight (epic tier), Halo of Fallen Stars (epic tier), Belt of Vitality (epic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Please offer suggestions and critiques!
Tales from the Rusty Dragon (http://rustydragon.blogspot.com) - A 4th Edition Conversion Project Covering Paizo's Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path
What book is the Revered One epic destiny in?
What book is the Revered One epic destiny in?

PHB2.

As far as the build goes, I'd say it needs another way besides Crusader's Weapon to get a weapon/implement, except I don't think there is one for a Divine character. I look forward to seeing this build revised when DP comes around.
PHB2.

As far as the build goes, I'd say it needs another way besides Crusader's Weapon to get a weapon/implement, except I don't think there is one for a Divine character. I look forward to seeing this build revised when DP comes around.

It'll have a lot changed when Divine Power hits.

It doesn't really need Crusader's Weapon. Just replace Remembered Mother Tongue with Implement Expertise and Focused Expertise with Weapon Expertise and you can pack one of each. Crusader's Weapon is clearly the efficient choice, though.
Tales from the Rusty Dragon (http://rustydragon.blogspot.com) - A 4th Edition Conversion Project Covering Paizo's Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path
Is there a reason you chose Avenger|Invoker instead of Avenger/Invoker? I see an 18-20 crit range being much more helpful when you get to use oath of enmity to roll each attack twice (and the multi-class feat lets you count as an invoker for further feat purposes)

You also get more channel divinity powers that way, I think. (Abjure Undead)
If you look past the plot and the voice acting, Metroid: Other M was an okay game. Not a great game, but an adequate one. Not using the Metroid item collect jingle though? That, was a mistake.
PHB2.

Use a staff? As a hybrid you can use one as an Implement for Avenger powers and can still use it to hit people in the head.
I do not see anywhere in the Player's Handbook that restricts you to worshiping a single god. Unless I missed a particular line of text, I see multiple examples of the book discussing the worship or reverence of multiple gods at once.

As such, you should be able to stock up on numerous Out-Of-Combat powers, such as using Blessing of Silvanus on your Out-Of-Combat heals if you're a cleric (making you even more efficient). Oghma's Recall is the single most badass knowledge power in the game. It practically begs you to take the Mark of Scribing paragon path. Glittergold's Gambit is an astounding way to give someone in your party the average of +6 on a roll every 5 minutes.

All of these gods are from the same world's pantheon. The only way I see any problems would be trying to cross to the pantheons of another world, and then you could just fluff the god's ideas as something you respect and your DM may let it fly.
Heh, best part of the Revered One. You can take any Channel Divinity without having to worship the god.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I do not see anywhere in the Player's Handbook that restricts you to worshiping a single god. Unless I missed a particular line of text, I see multiple examples of the book discussing the worship or reverence of multiple gods at once.

While true according to the rules, the Character Builder will not allow you to select multiple deities for the purposes of qualifying for Divinity feats. It may be possible to pick up more Divinity feats along the way if you "house-rule" (even though it's not actually a house rule) these in, but this build doesn't really need any more to function. The goal is to have roughly the same number of Channel Divinity powers as the number of expected attack powers you will use during any given encounter, in order to ensure that you'll always have access to that 18-20 crit range.
It may be possible to pick up more Divinity feats along the way if you "house-rule" (even though it's not actually a house rule) these in, but this build doesn't really need any more to function. The goal is to have roughly the same number of Channel Divinity powers as the number of expected attack powers you will use during any given encounter, in order to ensure that you'll always have access to that 18-20 crit range.

That's not actually the nature of the problem. Until level 24 this build still needs to be functional, and this also means you need to either start retraining feats into Channel Divinity around level 16+ to account for your attack powers, OR you need to build the character around having useful Non-Combat Channel Divinity feats much earlier in it's life. I prefer the latter.
That's not actually the nature of the problem. Until level 24 this build still needs to be functional, and this also means you need to either start retraining feats into Channel Divinity around level 16+ to account for your attack powers, OR you need to build the character around having useful Non-Combat Channel Divinity feats much earlier in it's life. I prefer the latter.

I'm not sure where you're getting this. The build doesn't assume retraining of feats until level 24, at which point the build gains 1.5 divinity feats per level. This build remains perfectly functional up to 24 - it remains an effective controller/striker hybrid even without the 18-20 crit range or glut of encounter powers. As I pointed out in the write-up, it doesn't hit the real slope of its power curve until 24, but the party will not suffer for having this character in its ranks before that point.
I'm not sure where you're getting this. The build doesn't assume retraining of feats until level 24, at which point the build gains 1.5 divinity feats per level. This build remains perfectly functional up to 24 - it remains an effective controller/striker hybrid even without the 18-20 crit range or glut of encounter powers. As I pointed out in the write-up, it doesn't hit the real slope of its power curve until 24, but the party will not suffer for having this character in its ranks before that point.

Let me rephrase and see if it clears up any confusion. If there is no rule against taking multiple Channel Divinity feats prior to hitting Level 24, then you might as well take the more useful Channel Divinity feats prior to Level 24. In this way, when you hit level 24 you are instantly a powerhouse.
Let me rephrase and see if it clears up any confusion. If there is no rule against taking multiple Channel Divinity feats prior to hitting Level 24, then you might as well take the more useful Channel Divinity feats prior to Level 24. In this way, when you hit level 24 you are instantly a powerhouse.

Ahh, I see where you're coming from here. Yes, if your DM allows you to worship multiple deities (and thus take multiple deity-specific Divinity feats) this is certainly a strategy. It does make you somewhat less powerful leading up to level 24, as you will be losing some feats that make you more effective in combat (Deva racial feats, Invoker feats, etc.). It's worth noting that when you gain your level 24 epic destiny feature, you will start with 5 Channel Divinity powers even without dipping into other deities before that point (Preserver's Rebuke, Divine Rage, Power of Amaunator, level 24 feat, level 24 retrained feat). That's enough to ensure an 18-20 crit range for at least half of most combat encounters.

I think I'll add a note about that to the original post.
You could also just pack a lot of radiant powers and become a student of caiphon like most avengers currently do. ;)
you will start with 5 Channel Divinity powers even without dipping into other deities before that point (Preserver's Rebuke, Divine Rage, Power of Amaunator, level 24 feat, level 24 retrained feat). That's enough to ensure an 18-20 crit range for at least half of most combat encounters.

However a lot of them are standard actions on their own, thus you need to lose a turn to ensure that you may crit on 18-20 on your next turn. All in all it doesn't seem like a good trade

There are quite a few. Holy Avenger, Blade of Bahamut, Disrupting Weapon.
You could also just pack a lot of radiant powers and become a student of caiphon like most avengers currently do. ;)

One of the goals of this build was to offer an alternative to the Student of Caiphon Avenger.
However a lot of them are standard actions on their own, thus you need to lose a turn to ensure that you may crit on 18-20 on your next turn. All in all it doesn't seem like a good trade

Uhh...no.

Out of the nearly 50 Divinity feats that exist so far, four of them require a standard action to use. And I didn't pick any of them for this build. The vast majority are minor action, free action, immediate action, or no action powers. Using them will not cause you to lose a turn.
Check this out: http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/item.aspx?id=3897 - holy symbol that grants you turn undead 1/encounter.

You should update this for Divine Power. The Divine Channeling feat lets you do fun things with Hybrids.

For instance, a Hybrid Invoker/Warden (hybrid talent wildblood) getting WIS to AC with MC into another Divine Class (avenger, cleric, paladin) and Divine Channeling feat can be a solid enough entry.
Yes, if your DM allows you to worship multiple deities (and thus take multiple deity-specific Divinity feats) this is certainly a strategy.

If DM-convincing can be considered a form of optimization, it's worth mentioning that pantheistic worship is thematically very appropriate for a Deva.
Divine Channeling and also the various Domain channel divinities make this even more over-the-top now.

A more amusing way to build it: Make it a Changeling instead of a Deva, and take the racial feat which lets you pick domain powers from any domain. Whee!
First of all, huge thanks to ItaraKoturo for this fantastic build idea. I have been playing this build for a few sessions now in a high-end paragon tier game (L19-20) and I have to say: it really brings the pain. This build absolutely rocks as a striker, even before the L24 craziness sets in, especially because we now have lots of help from newer source material since the thread was originally posted.

Powers

There is one statement in the OP with which I disagree: "The power choices we make are not as critical to the build as they might seem." On the contrary, there are a few clear winners for optimal striking. Because this build is a crit fisher that inflicts radiant vulnerability, it heavily benefits from making multiple attacks per turn. So any minor action attacks we can squeeze in, even if normally low damage, are well worth it. For this build, that means Fury's Advance at heroic, and Soulforge Hammering in paragon. Both of these are so good that I advise keeping them through L30. Nova potential is simply through the roof:

• Use an action point for up to four attacks in one turn (with guaranteed 18-20 crit range on the AP attack thanks to Unflagging Energy)

• 18-20 crit range thanks to Divine Fortune and/or Power of Amaunatur

• You can regain a CD power quickly using Timeless Locket + Crusader's Weapon or Medic's Weapon

• If all else fails, you can assure a consistent 19-20 crit range using Weapon Unity from the Ironwrought theme

• Oath of Enmity to roll twice for each attack

• The Ironwrought theme's Inevitable Strike if you don't have two OoE rolls for whatever reason

• Ring of the Radiant Storm to roll damage twice and take the higher

• Stone of Light, Stone of Earth and/or Tattoo of the Penitent Martyr to reroll attack dice

• Dice of Auspicious Fortune to potentially assure a crit

• War Ring after a milestone to add three extra crit dice and maximize them all 

• Extra bonus damage from Soulforge Hammering

• Extra damage from feats: Invoker's Blaze and Painful Oath

• Extra damage from class features: Manifestation of Wrath

• Extra damage from items: Siberys Shard of Radiance, Symbol of Divine Light

• Extra damage from alternative rewards: Pelor's Sun Blessing, Blessing of the Vault (Pelor's Sun Blessing also combos with Militant Dawn!)

Note that the Crusader's Weapon is of paramount importance for Fury's Advance, so that it gains the Radiant keyword and benefits from all the riders this build brings to bear.

My L20 character novas by combining many of the options above for approximately 1d10+51 per attack. On a crit that becomes 5d6+67 per attack, or 109 flat damage with the war ring daily after a milestone. Together with Militant Dawn, that's upwards of 250 damage in one turn, even without crits. You can easily sustain two attacks per round for 2-3 rounds. With a warlord ally, and/or feats such as Divine Mastery once you are epic, you can regain Soulforge Hammering once or twice to keep it up for 4-5 rounds or longer. With the Summon Blade Angel invoker power, things get even better.

Two other excellent powers for assuring the OoE bonus are Divine Rage (mentioned by the OP as indispensible, and I agree) and Splinter the Formation, both of which help to shuffle the battlefield in your favor. (And note that Fury's Advance is very effective for that too!)

Another power I've found insanely useful is Tether of Light, which has amazing control potential for your OoE target or other primary foe. There are a great many shenanigans you can pull when you have a reliable enemy teleport (which you do, thanks to OoE double rolling).

All of the above barely touches on the Invoker portion of the build. I much prefer Hand of Radiance over the sample build's choice of Sun Strike, because Hand of Radiance cherry picks 3-4 targets at range, which means 3-4 die rolls, which means a greater chance of critting something. (To be fair, Sun Strike's appeal is that it is a ranged basic attack; my build has no ranged basic attack.) The thing is, you will typically find yourself in one of two situations: the thick of melee (or close enough to achieve it), or "too far away to have any fun," in which case Hand of Radiance (and Lance of Dawn) becomes your best friend.

Another great Invoker power is Wall of Blades: both Tether of Light and Splinter the Formation combine exceedingly well with it, since you can attempt to teleport foes over the wall for extra damage (both from falling and entering a wall square). They get a save to avoid, but if they pass they still fall prone.

Anyway, my point is that power selection makes a huge difference for this build's effectiveness. :-)

I will reiterate that this build's most substantial weakness is terrible defenses. Even with Improved Defenses, my character at L20 has 30 AC / 30 Fort / 31 Reflex / 36 Will, which is just dismal, especially for AC. But if glass cannondom is the price to pay for nova joy: sign me up!

Gear

Suggested gear not mentioned in the OP or above:

• Solitaires (Cinnabar, Citrine, Quarts Lenz, Zaarani's) for extra versatility on crits

• Staff of the Sunburst for a nice radiant damage explosion the first time you're hit

• Assault Boots to always knock prone on crit

• Sandals of the Temporal Step for another move action to eke out even more nova potential

• Medic's Wrist Razors +2 in the arms slot (which the CB unfortunately doesn't support properly)

• Elven Chain Shirt (math fix item!)

• Antipathy Gloves for some slight protection

• The Raven Queen's Shroud for a slight damage boost and stickiness

Feats

Other suggested paragon feats not mentioned in the OP or above:

• Solar Enemy: a CD feat for worshippers of sun domain deities (which we are) that makes enemies even more vulnerable to radiant :-)

• Divine Channeler: a multiclass cleric feat we can use to gain Divine Fortune

• Versatile Channeler: a feat we can use to gain another CD, such as Divine Mettle

• Versatile Expertise: choose e.g. hammers and staves (Crusader's Weapon gains the bonus as both a weapon and an implement, due to the wording of this feat, so we are free to choose staves rather than holy symbols)

• Superior Will: we have the Wisdom score for it, so let's not get shut down by daze & stun

Thanks to the above, my L20 character already has six Channel Divinity powers ready to go once he hits L24. Of those six, Divine Fortune is probably the most versatile and generally fabulous, since it a free action. For example, as a free action even off-turn, you can combo with Militant Dawn to do ~17 automatic damage to a nearby vulnerable enemy (assuming a +1 Cha bonus). [Note: there is a CB bug that causes this build to receive Divine Fortune as a daily power rather than an encounter power.]

Once I hit L24, I anticipate Glittergold's Gambit and Creation Secret to be the first two CD feats I take, as they are both clearly top tier powers.

Other epic feats not mentioned in the OP:

• Glorious Channeler: to use two CDs per encounter (retrain at L24)

• Punishing Radiance: spread the radiant vulnerability wide (then nuke everyone with Pure Glow!)

• Invoker's Aura: since the best defense is a good offense

• Triumphant Attack: permanently debuff anyone we crit

• Radiant Advantage: if the rest of the party still needs CA

• Righteous Rage of Tempus: combos well with War Ring property

• Ancestral Guidance: nice out-of-combat skill boost

In conclusion, this build is both extremely stylish and immensely satisfying to play. If you are looking for a versatile crit fishing striker with a unique feel, look no further. Thanks again to ItaraKoturo!

You did note the date of the post before yours right? 

IMAGE(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8819/1334973155285.jpg)

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
@Fardiz: Sure it's an old thread, but it's still a great build. Is there some reason we can't update builds with new material, or otherwise comment on them, for everyone's benefit? (Or in other words: if it's against the rules to post on old threads, why aren't they locked after a period of inactivity?)
I wondered why Righteous Rage of Tempus wasn't on the original build, since it focuses on critting as much as possible.  RRoT might not change a hit into a crit anymore, but if you are going to be getting an expanded crit range for using the power anyway, you might as well go for maximum damage. 
You'd be better off making a new thread, to avoid confusion.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
It actually isn't a great build, which makes the necro pointless.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
You'd be better off making a new thread, to avoid confusion.

You'd be better off disallowing posting on old threads, if it's such a bad idea.
It actually isn't a great build, which makes the necro pointless.

I've been a long-time reader of the CharOp boards; people post a lot of great stuff here. I haven't posted before due to time constraints, but this thread made me happy enough that I felt driven to contribute something back.

Very unfortunately, I see that gratuitous negativity and petty pedantry take a front seat here. @Fardiz and @zelink551: your attitudes and priorities make the Internet a worse place to be.

@Undrhil: Thanks for being the exception. Would be nice if we could all just discuss and enjoy the things we like, no?

I'll go back to lurking now. 
Necroing is considered a bad idea on general principle, although at least here your's had a point and purpose. Don't take the feedback too harshly.

By all means, feel free to update the build as you see fit.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
My point still stands, its not that great a Hybrid. So posting and asking the Op for advice is pointless, and the meta has changed so radically that all I can say is its a bad Hybrid. So yes, you would get better help with your own thread, because we're starting at a rather bad old build. If I make the internet worse I have WAYYYY more power than I think.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!