a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
Dragon 374 has the best Artificer 1 power (so far) in it called Punishing Eye (White Lotus Academy section). Instead of adding Con modifier cold damage to one ally's weapon it creates a conjuration that removes the concealment from all enemies within 3 squares and adds Int modifier psychic damage to all hits to those same enemies within 3 squares of the eye. For some reason Punishing Eye has the implement keyword but it has no attack roll or non-static damage (weird).

Even more reason for a 20 Int artificer.

Also, there should be a note in the bit about surges that Artificers basically get 2 free surges for the party per day. Which is still better than if the infusion always used a surge (of the person that receives it) and the artificer having 2 more per day.

For weapons, I would recommend either the Greatbow (1d12 at-wills?), Greatspear (+3 proficiency, better to ensure that Magic Weapon lands!), or the new Drow Long Knife (+3 prof throwable heavy blade). Honestly, Magic Weapon is only great because it allows you to add Con or Wis mod to all adjacent allies' attacks (not even just weapon attacks).

But the Greatspear is probably the front runner (assuming a person is happy with all melee weapon powers). Followed by the Drow Long Knife.

Accurate Magic Weapon is actually kind of lame. It only works with powers that target magic weapons and implements (and it has to be during an encounter, so basically the sigil dailies, vorpal edge daily utility, and the battle engineer encounter powers), and it only applies to the single next attack. So unless the Artificer is a Battle Engineer, this feat is a bad choice (feats to power up just dailies are just weak).
I gotta say, I disagree with your judgement of dwarves. Not only do they get bonuses to both of the secondary stats, but they get proficiency in throwing hammers (which is a nice way of using the powers that are Melee or Ranged, while still holding your much-needed implement, without resorting to Thing familiars or Quick Draw). They are assuredly at least black on the scale (at least better than dragonborn, lol).

There's a reason there's so much Dwarf Artificer art :D .
For dwarves who take Dwarven Weapon Training and Arcane Implement Proficiency, the khopesh gains the benefit of both feats, allowing you to take Focused Expertise to gain a +1 implement and weapon attack bonus as well as benefiting from the extra damage.
For dwarves who take Dwarven Weapon Training and Arcane Implement Proficiency, the khopesh gains the benefit of both feats, allowing you to take Focused Expertise to gain a +1 implement and weapon attack bonus as well as benefiting from the extra damage.

2 feats to get there.

But... it would then allow Mror Stalwart to be used... Since you are using your Khopesh as the implement, you get the +1 feat bonus to attack rolls with axes and hammers...

But now it is up to how many feats? Proficiency (0), Arcane Implement Proficiency (1), and Mror Stalwart (2). So 2 extra feats. But it ties you up to +Int races.
I think it's worth noting that Arcane Implement proficiency in one of the blades will let you take focused expertise rather than weapon and implement expertise and is thus feat neutral. Take a heavy or light thrown weapon (the new drow long knife seems like a good option if you can spare another feat; the dagger works as a low damage feat cheap alternative) and you can have one item that covers all your powers. It even frees up your other hand for Dual Implement if you're so inclined.

I think any artificer should seriously consider it unless they're taking all weapon or all implement powers.
The implement/ melee weapon/ ranged weapon split still seems somewhat messy.

The Tinkerer build is centred around WIS, but half the WIS powers are weapon and half are implement.

Similarly Battlesmith being a CON build seems intuitively to lend itself more to melee (and hence weapons). But one of the CON centric at-wills Static Shock is an implement power.

It just doesn't seem clear to me what kind of powers to take as a Tinkerer (beyond the daily summons), nor which weapons/ implements to use. Overall I'd prefer a ranged focus, but it seems that ranged is sub-optimal... Perhaps a split CON/ WIS focus works better than being exclusively WIS focused..

Other musings:
-A ranged artificer quite possibly would prefer Aggravating Force to Magic Weapon. Unless you are frequently next to someone Magic Weapon isn't as good...
Other musings:
-A ranged artificer quite possibly would prefer Aggravating Force to Magic Weapon. Unless you are frequently next to someone Magic Weapon isn't as good...

Have you played 4e? Defenders and Strikers rush in... And then the Leaders practically dry hump the defenders (i.e. stand right behind them)...

A real problem to me is that Magic Weapon is better than a lot of the weapon encounter powers.

Magic Weapon versus...
  • Burning Weapons (level 1): Only think Burning Weapons has on Magic Weapon is that it is allies within 2 squares instead of adjacent allies (I guess you also benefit from it... save it for action points? i.e. action point Burning weapons, followed by Magic Weapon). But it otherwise lacks the attack bonus AND it doesn't affect allies using implements (unless they use a fire power).
  • Scouring Weapon (level 1): Sure this is a 2[W]. But even if you use a 1d12 weapon, Magic Weapon is a strong competitor. 1d12 vs giving your Con or Wis modifier as a bonus to damage for all adjacent allies?
  • Force Infusion (level 3): 1[W] + Int + con (and the target is like the party's beach ball). Well that sort of ties Magic Weapon, unless you have two adjacent allies.
  • Repulsion Strike (level 7): another 2[W] but it does place a penalty to hit on the target. I still think Magic Weapon is better.
  • Icy Weapons (level 5): Basically a cold version of Burning Weapons... Just terrible.
  • Vampiric Weapons (level 7): the first weapon encounter attack power that is awesome. Instead of extra damage, allies can regain 1d6 + Con modifier hp for making a weapon attack on any enemy before your next turn (they can just get this once though per use of this power).
That is all of the Heroic tier encounter attack powers. Yeah some of them attack a NAD (and by some I mean just the level 3 ones, fort and ref respectively), but of them only 1 is really useful.

I don't mean to sound disappointed, Magic Weapon is just that awesome of an At-Will.
The things that I don't like about dwarves:

- They don't get Int
- Leaders can already heal themselves as a minor action
- The +Wis isn't that helpful because Wisdom admittedly doesn't do much
- They focus on axes and hammers, which are bad for Artificers. Leaders in general want their powers to hit more than do damage because they want their buffs to go off. Dwarves promote damage over to hit, which is a fair mentality for strikers or defenders, but not for controllers or leaders.

However, since so any people are requesting it, I will reevaluate them. Thanks for the comments so far - I'll try to address each individual one tonight.
Have you played 4e? Defenders and Strikers rush in... And then the Leaders practically dry hump the defenders (i.e. stand right behind them)...

Well I guess we don't play in the same parties. I've played a ranged artificer from level 1 to 4 during the preview, and staying at range has never been an issue.

That being said, a big than you to the OP for starting another handbook. I'll try to bring in my experience with the class. Bear in mind that at that time the artificer was a ranged build, though.

On races:
- Dwarfs deserve a bump to black rating IMHO. OK, you don't have at +Int bonus, but your racial modifiers target the 2 secondary stats of the artificer. Reduced mobility isn't an issue since you state the artificer spends a lot of time close to allies. Good racial feats (Rune-Scribed Soul, Shield the Fallen, etc.). Bonus to Dungeoneering can be useful since it is a class skill.

On Thundering Armor:
I would bump the rating to blue for the following reasons:
- +1 AC effect whether you hit or miss always comes handy. You want to affect the party strikers, not the defenders
- at-will push is good to either disengage the striker or controller from melee. Especially good to reposition an enemy adjacent to a defender
- combine with zones or walls to use them longer during an encounter (makes a fantastic combination this Caustic Rampart at level 1)
- Thunder means Solid Sound is an easy pick at paragon tier.

On weapon/implement:
- you should use thrown weapons to avoid having to spend 2 valuable minor actions to switch from implement to weapon. Alternatively, burn a feat to get a Disembodied Hand familiar, or Quick Draw if you qualify for it.
- Tratnyr works very well for your weapon powers. Good damage, good range, and spear group. The weapon of choice of an eladrin.
- for other races, a +3 proficiency thrown blade is an interesting choice to benefit from the added accuracy. Your damage is lower, but that's OK since you aren't a striker. The reduced range shouldn't be an issue: your Healing Infusion is a close burst 5 so you need to be close to the action anyway. In addition to that, you can use Arcane Implement Proficiency to use all your powers with a single item, which reduces your item dependency.
Another weapon option is a hand-crossbow with Two-Fisted Shooter. Unfortunate thing about this is that only Drow get access to Ruthless Hunter so for everyone else it's a +2 d6 weapon...
I feel like i'm detecting a bias. You give examples of what the Dragonborn give to the class despite the fact it's only saving grace is it has a breath attack that works on an artificers secondary stat. You then tell players that's it's just not a class a dwarf could do well in, despite it's benefits. Heck, you don't even mention that they have a bonus to con and wis, for players that are interested in making a moderately balanced artificer.

The things that I don't like about dwarves:

- They don't get Int
- Leaders can already heal themselves as a minor action
- The +Wis isn't that helpful because Wisdom admittedly doesn't do much
- They focus on axes and hammers, which are bad for Artificers. Leaders in general want their powers to hit more than do damage because they want their buffs to go off. Dwarves promote damage over to hit, which is a fair mentality for strikers or defenders, but not for controllers or leaders.

However, since so any people are requesting it, I will reevaluate them. Thanks for the comments so far - I'll try to address each individual one tonight.

- I agree, their lack of an Int bonus is damaging, which is why it should be no better than black.

-They can, unless they want to use that healing on someone else. Not using up a healing infusion could come in handy, especially when someone wants an AC boost.

-But it does do something. It's not completely worthless. Extra damage or healing every now and then aren't a bad thing.

-Strikers and Defenders are equally inclined to boost hit chances because the best they often do is half damage on a miss. But that's not the point. The point was a low level dwarf artificer has a means of having a weapon and implement out at the same time without having to spend feats on Quickdraw or a hand familiar. It should of course be replaced very soon with a better weapon, but it's a small boost nonetheless.

Does this make them the best Artificers in the game? Of course not, that's insane. But does it make them equally bad as the Dragonborn? Again, no. They are definitely in the middle ground. Solid black material.
I just thought of something to mention with implements or multiclassing: if you multiclass cleric, you get a 1/day healing power to augment your healing abilities. It also lets you use Star of Corellon as an implement while leaving your hands free, opening up two handed weapons (either melee or ranged) for use. Additionally, the daily power of the Star can recharge the extra healing you get from your multiclass, and you can recharge the daily- meaning you'd get a lot of extra healing out of the deal.

It does mean you're stuck with Weapon and Implement Expertise, though. I still have hopes that Divine Power will have something to fix the problem for weapon+holy symbol users.
It looks like the one-and-done weapon/implement is the Drow Long Knife. +3 Prof, d6 damage, Heavy Blade, Heavy Thrown. It's a Superior Weapon though, so if you're tight on feats or don't really care about damage you may just want to stick with the Dagger.
I'd just like to point out another feature in favor of Elves; They get free Longbow proficiency right off the bat. It's not much for most other classes, but the Artificer could actually make use of it.
Messed up tags in Gale-Force Infusion and Brittle-skin Missile.

I'd like to point out that Magic Weapon only works with damage rolls, whereas most encounter power damage buffs work with any attack, such as Chilling Cloud.

Dancing Weapon does cost you a weapon, but it's still a minor action attack that can be refreshed with Salves of Power. Very potent.

Icy Weapons' buff is an EFFECT, so it is fantastic.

Sigil of Luck lasts until the end of the encounter. It should be blue at least.

Stalwart Defender immobilizes on hit. Very nice.

Dimensional Shifter not only grants CA, but its teleport target 3 squares OAs are very annoying and pretty much lock enemies down.

Thunder-Shock Weapon is ranged, unlike the swordmage power. It's still not anything special.

More later.
Dragon 374 has the best Artificer 1 power (so far) in it called Punishing Eye (White Lotus Academy section). Instead of adding Con modifier cold damage to one ally's weapon it creates a conjuration that removes the concealment from all enemies within 3 squares and adds Int modifier psychic damage to all hits to those same enemies within 3 squares of the eye.

Thanks; I'll look into it.

Even more reason for a 20 Int artificer.

I disagree with this, as most of Artificers' buffs are dependent on their secondary stat.

Also, there should be a note in the bit about surges that Artificers basically get 2 free surges for the party per day. Which is still better than if the infusion always used a surge (of the person that receives it) and the artificer having 2 more per day.

There already is one in the class features section.

Stuff about weapons

I appreciate the advice, but I'll ask that for now everyone limit their comments to what has already been posted. The other stuff is still in progress and a lot of this advice is redundant with my notes. I will note that I don't recommend Greatbow over crossbows because of the proficiency bonus.

Honestly, Magic Weapon is only great because it allows you to add Con or Wis mod to all adjacent allies' attacks

Yes, the power is good because of its effects. I don't really know what your point is, as most buff powers are that way.

Accurate Magic Weapon is actually kind of lame. It only works with powers that target magic weapons and implements (and it has to be during an encounter, so basically the sigil dailies, vorpal edge daily utility, and the battle engineer encounter powers), and it only applies to the single next attack. So unless the Artificer is a Battle Engineer, this feat is a bad choice (feats to power up just dailies are just weak).

I'm not saying that it's great; I'm just saying you should probably pick it over durable or something "if you have nothing else to take."

I gotta say, I disagree with your judgement of dwarves. Not only do they get bonuses to both of the secondary stats, but they get proficiency in throwing hammers (which is a nice way of using the powers that are Melee or Ranged, while still holding your much-needed implement, without resorting to Thing familiars or Quick Draw). They are assuredly at least black on the scale (at least better than dragonborn, lol).

There's a reason there's so much Dwarf Artificer art :D .

Again, I said I'll reconsider based on their bonus to both secondary stats, which Artificers, unlike most other classes (like Sorcs or Fighters), can always make use of because they don't have to pick a class feature that limits their rider benefits. However, I consider the hammer argument moot because Artificers don't care much about the damage boost and they sacrafice a +1 to hit.

Dwarf comments

I repeat my arguments above in response.

That being said, a big than you to the OP for starting another handbook. I'll try to bring in my experience with the class. Bear in mind that at that time the artificer was a ranged build, though.

Much obliged to both comments.

Comments on Thundering Armor - I'm not being mean, I just need to save space because this post is going to be long

I understand the benefits of this power and still think that it isn't better than the baseline.

Weapon Advice

Again, I ask that everyone reserve comments on unpublished material until it becomes published because most of it is redundant. When I publish it and you see that stuff is missing, I will welcome your comments at that time. Also note that I've already commented on Tratnyrs in the Eladrin Soldier or Eladrin entry (can't remember).

I'd just like to point out another feature in favor of Elves; They get free Longbow proficiency right off the bat. It's not much for most other classes, but the Artificer could actually make use of it.

You're probably going to want to invest in a superior weapon anyway, and if not then you probably want to go with a 1-handed ranged weapon so you can still use an implement.

Messed up tags in Gale-Force Infusion and Brittle-skin Missile.

I'd like to point out that Magic Weapon only works with damage rolls, whereas most encounter power damage buffs work with any attack, such as Chilling Cloud.

Dancing Weapon does cost you a weapon, but it's still a minor action attack that can be refreshed with Salves of Power. Very potent.

Icy Weapons' buff is an EFFECT, so it is fantastic.

Sigil of Luck lasts until the end of the encounter. It should be blue at least.

Stalwart Defender immobilizes on hit. Very nice.

Dimensional Shifter not only grants CA, but its teleport target 3 squares OAs are very annoying and pretty much lock enemies down.

Thunder-Shock Weapon is ranged, unlike the swordmage power. It's still not anything special.

More later.

All noted, thank you. Most of that I either misread or missed entirely.

I apologize if any of those comments seemed snippy - that was not the intent. I'm just responding to a lot of comments all at once. I greatly appreciate them, and thanks again to everyone who posted.
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the humble staff?

It counts as a implement and a melee weapon, and costs no feats. It's not the best possible weapon (+2 / 1d8). But for a feat-starved build, it's a pretty good idea. I like the Staff of Ruin, which adds it's enhancement bonus again to damage.

Description: Using a nonmagical implement confers no benefit. You can purchase a magical implement to gain an enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with your arcane powers. A staff implement can also function as a magic quarterstaff.

Hey, would it be posible for you to talk about the different builds (the wis and the con ones) a bit?

-dgill

It counts as a implement and a melee weapon, and costs no feats. It's not the best possible weapon (+2 / 1d8). But for a feat-starved build, it's a pretty good idea. I like the Staff of Ruin, which adds it's enhancement bonus again to damage.

That's a good note, but I don't find that Artificers are nearly as feat strapped as other classes. In general I don't think that they mind dropping a feat on a more useful weapon.

Hey, would it be posible for you to talk about the different builds (the wis and the con ones) a bit?

-dgill

Absolutely - I'm currently working on the archetypes and builds sections. As a quick overview, however, I'd recommend Con artificers in general due to better power support and their paragon tier feat.

As for builds, I have a polearm artificer build floating around on the boards (it's on page 2 or 3 I think; I'll link to it when I update the section), and I'm currently working on an Artificer|Swordmage build (I know that they haven't released stats yet, but we can just follow the normal pattern except for features, and honestly just the guaranteed healing infusion 1/encounter is enough to make them rawk).

(sorry for all of the parentheticals, lol)

The only thing I really don't like about the staff as a weapon for a leader is that it doesn't have reach.

What about the Whip? One-Handed, Reach... And it makes Jack the Lasher happy.
Amazing job on your guide I was hoping for your impression of Self-Forged as a viable PP since you will be using a +3 mace as a weapon it hurts most of the synergies I have seen. (My plan was to take Ruthless Efficiency and then Executioners Mien to help offset using a mace for at least one encounter per day)
So I was looking at the preview version, and I was wondering... in the preview version you didn't have to be proficient in the weapon, and it could even be a Large sized weapon, or something. Is such cheese of "I carry around a +1 reckless large mordenkrad for dancing weapon" still plausible?
From the looks of the of Dancing Weapon since, like all Conjurations, it uses your attack rolls, I would assume that it uses your stats. If it uses your stats it uses your proficiency in weapons. At least... I would assume.
It's a weapon power, so all of the usual modifiers apply - enh, stat, prof, etc. While it's a good thought, the power just doesn't work that way - you need to carry around a second copy of your favorite weapon to maximize effectiveness, which is what keeps it from being sky blue.
Added focused expertise, because I forgot about it. Hopefully I'll have a more substantial update by the end of the weekend.
So... were you still going to update this?
I think you're slightly undervaluating lightning motes (the level 9 daily). There is currently no mention of the dazed (save ends) effect on the power, which it has in addition to the ongoing damage as an after effect.

Taking into consideration that it is a close burst 3 vs reflex which targets only enemies, i would rate it blue or even sky blue. Dazed can break encounters when it affects enough enemies.

Btw, when using deva as a race, definitely consider battle intuition as a quick feat pick. If you have 18 int and 18 wis, the feat is worth a scaling + 6 bonus to initiative, and if you go first, you get to buff your entire party with magic weapon. This is also why i think danger sense should be blue; +1 to hit and 4-9 to damage for all your allies in their entire first round can rack up damage pretty quickly.

I'm currently playtesting a hybrid deva artificer/cleric with a no classfeature template for the artificer half... they can get around a lot of the artificer problems; almost every level in which the artificer has no good healing/leader powers, the cleric has one (for example bastion of health at lvl 6, divine glow lvl 1...) and vica versa. In this hybrid case, holy symbols also work for the artificer implement powers and do not take up any hand slot.

-kind regards,
Lunattic
I've been busy lately, and there hasn't been a lot of commentary lately so nothing is pressing. I'll generally only be able to update on weekends, and if I miss a weekend then generally you'll have to wait until the next one. I do have some progress made though.

Lunatic, I'll also address your comment later; thanks for the input.
Thanks.

I just saw there was a reserved entry for hybridization, so i'de like to add a bit on the hybrid cleric/artificer build. Oh, and i'm using the build while avoiding melee combat and using a bow and a holy symbol. This combination of weapons boosts all your powers without the need to change items or spend feats for it.

For a race, i'de recommand a Deva with starting scores of 18 int, 18 wis, 13 cha, 11 con, 10 str and 8 dex. Deva gives you access to the battle intuition feat to gain a high initiative (to ensure you hit more allies with magic weapon), and memory of a thousand lifetimes increases the chance you will hit with that first magic weapon. Next to that, they have awesome resistances and a stat buff in both primary's.

Cha boosts the healing power of some cleric abilities, and it opens up the bard MC feat, which is basically a skill of your choice + another daily heal. The important thing about this heal is that it automatically breaks grabs of some really nasty enemies. Con isn't really needed, but it's nice for extra healing surges later on.

I would recommand sacred flame and the aforementioned magic weapon as at-wills, meaning you can alternate between damage buffing the party and handing out saving throws to nasty effects. Sacred flame is also a free source of radiant damage, which is nice when fighting undead (particularly vs ghouls with their stunned save ends debuff).

The two classes usually back eachother up when one of them have a level without any good powers. For a wis/int build, having bastion of health at level 6 for instance gives you a third basic heal per encounter (boosted by potent restoratives and healer's lore). At level 9, when there are no really good wisdom cleric dailies, you get the artificer lightning motes for the aoe dazed (save ends), and so on.

Now to get to another strong point of this combo; it is able to gain an insane number of heals each combat, and they will be boosted by powers, classfeatures and feats to heal for absurd amounts.

Specifically, the potent restoratives feat seems to work for your cleric heals, as it buffs all your healing powers. The only prequisite is artificer. Also on this topic, Beacon of hope, the level 1 cleric daily, buffs the power of ALL your heals too, so it works on all the artificer healing powers as well, including vampiric weapons and all leech-type healing powers. I'm planning on using it as a prime recharge target for salves of power.

Beacon of hope, healer's lore (only for the cleric abilitities) and potent restoratives buff your heals so much that you won't notice that you lack constitution for a few artificer heals (although you wont ever really need one of those except for vampiric weapons on lvl 7).

Furthermore on feats, The hybrid talent feat is probably best spend on gaining channel divinity; spending another feat on arawai's abundance gains you a fourth basic (and boosted) heal per encounter with a build-in defense bonus (and turn undead for when you don't need more heals). Also, channel divinity can be regained in a couple of ways, such as by using a symbol of divinity.

At level 7, a deva artificer/cleric with potent restoratives, battle intuition, hybrid talent feat and arawai's abundance already has a minimum of 4 'basic' heals per encounter (arawai's abundance, bastion of health, healing word and 1 artificer heal), altered luck and vampiric weapon as offensive healing powers, and restorative infusion with either beacon of hope or consecrated ground as daily healing powers. Almost all of those are boosted at least once, most are twice. It has insane healing capacities.

If you want to, i could make a detailed levelling build for it later. From all my playing experience so far, i can tell everyone that the build is very fun to use. 4-6 basic heals per encounter along with the leech type encounter attack powers and the cleric heal-boosting daily... it's godlike for healing.
I think you're slightly undervaluating lightning motes (the level 9 daily). There is currently no mention of the dazed (save ends) effect on the power, which it has in addition to the ongoing damage as an after effect.

Almost all dailies have a status effect (save ends). Dazed is a decent one, but it's not particularly debilitating at level 9.

Taking into consideration that it is a close burst 3 vs reflex which targets only enemies, i would rate it blue or even sky blue. Dazed can break encounters when it affects enough enemies.

Close burst 3 is the smallest variant of burst. As such, I wouldn't rate the power better solely on that principle.

I'll admit that I have missed that it's a decent status effect that only hits enemies. I'll increase its rank to blue. Thank you for the input.

Btw, when using deva as a race, definitely consider battle intuition as a quick feat pick. If you have 18 int and 18 wis, the feat is worth a scaling + 6 bonus to initiative, and if you go first, you get to buff your entire party with magic weapon. This is also why i think danger sense should be blue; +1 to hit and 4-9 to damage for all your allies in their entire first round can rack up damage pretty quickly.

I have not yet completed the racial feats section.

I'm currently playtesting a hybrid deva artificer/cleric with a no classfeature template for the artificer half... they can get around a lot of the artificer problems; almost every level in which the artificer has no good healing/leader powers, the cleric has one (for example bastion of health at lvl 6, divine glow lvl 1...) and vica versa. In this hybrid case, holy symbols also work for the artificer implement powers and do not take up any hand slot.

I haven't done the hybrid or multiclass section yet either. They'll be coming soon. Builds will be done this weekend (I promise, Illadthid), and then multiclass/hybrids will likely be the next section. Two weeks most likely.

-kind regards,
Lunattic

Much appreciated.

Info about Cleric|Artificer

Again, I'm not handling the hybrid section right at this moment, but I will soon. At a glance, it seems like it has a good synergy - I'll probably rate it around blue. Of course, well built builds are generally better than their overall rating.

If you detail a build, I'd be happy to include it and give you credit. I reserve the right to make adjustments, though, but of course you're always welcome to comment on those and get me to change them if you think that I'm wrong.
Almost all dailies have a status effect (save ends). Dazed is a decent one, but it's not particularly debilitating at level 9.

Close burst 3 is the smallest variant of burst. As such, I wouldn't rate the power better solely on that principle.

I'll admit that I have missed that it's a decent status effect that only hits enemies. I'll increase its rank to blue. Thank you for the input.

I have not yet completed the racial feats section.

I haven't done the hybrid or multiclass section yet either. They'll be coming soon. Builds will be done this weekend (I promise, Illadthid), and then multiclass/hybrids will likely be the next section. Two weeks most likely.

Much appreciated.

Again, I'm not handling the hybrid section right at this moment, but I will soon. At a glance, it seems like it has a good synergy - I'll probably rate it around blue. Of course, well built builds are generally better than their overall rating.

If you detail a build, I'd be happy to include it and give you credit. I reserve the right to make adjustments, though, but of course you're always welcome to comment on those and get me to change them if you think that I'm wrong.

All right, thank you for the response. I'll edit my previous post later to the detailed hybrid build. Good luck writing the new pieces for the handbook.

Edit: One thing though, close burst 3 is a 7 x 7 area with you in the center. I think you are referring to close blast 3. When enemies draw near/surround the party, chances are you will be able to hit every enemy with lightning motes rather easily.

-kind regards,
Lunattic
Sign In to post comments