Last post
1/2 Elf

Str: 15 (7)
Con: 12
Dex: 14 (5)
Int: 8
Wis: 16 (9)
Cha: 12

Light Blade Mastery has the lowest Strength requirement, requiring 17 Str at Epic, which means 15 Str at character creation. The other requirement is Dex, which forces this as a Dex Avenger.

Because there is no 2-handed Light Blades (except a martial character with Spiked Chain specialization) this leaves the Avenger Dual wielding

Dilettante Twin Strike, because this avenger will have the Dex to make ranged attacks, and a halfway decent strength, but by Epic is intended mostly for Fishing for Criticals at-will.

Two weapon feats, of course (TWF, TWO, ect)

Power Attack, because fishing for crits rarely needs a high attack bonus.

Multiclass slot is available, and may be retrained as the character goes up in level, from Rain of Blows to Blade Cascade to Barbarian powers.
I've wondered if a build similar to this could be better done by using daggers as thrown weapons on a Twin-Striking Dex-Avenger and going daggermaster for the crit range instead of trying for the feat. It frees up the points you'd put into Str...
...but it locks you into Rogue from Paragon on up, which means you miss out on the big encounter and daily powers of Ranger and Barbarian.
Yes, that is the biggest problem with it. My best solution would be Eternal Seeker. It breaks you out of rogue-lock from 21 up.
I think that the weapon mastery feats have been changed so that all classes, not just martial classes, can use them. Which means spiked chain to your heart's content.

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

I think that the weapon mastery feats have been changed so that all classes, not just martial classes, can use them. Which means spiked chain to your heart's content.

Mastery Feats haven't been martial since 3.x >_>

And a spiked chain can't be thrown, which ruins the idea of ignoring Str, if you're trying to go that route.

Specialization, not mastery. I was talking about the martial-only multiclass feat that I can't have.
Specialization, not mastery. I was talking about the martial-only multiclass feat that I can't have.

Well, you can have them now, is what I'm saying. WOTC has lifted the martial-only restriction.

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

Really? where?
I've wondered if a build similar to this could be better done by using daggers as thrown weapons on a Twin-Striking Dex-Avenger and going daggermaster for the crit range instead of trying for the feat. It frees up the points you'd put into Str...

Oath of Enmity only works on melee attacks.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Oath of Enmity only works on melee attacks.

Well then. That screws over my great idea
I guess I'll just stick to my usual shtick of Dwarves hitting things close-up. (I'm thinking Executioner's Axe, preferably bloodiron :D )
Elf dex avenger with a viscous execution axe seems like a good start.
So I know that this is a 2 year old thread, but I am getting a new PC put togather (start at lvel 7, then 1 level per game till hit level11, then exp as normal).

here is my build...

build

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 7
Half-Elf, Avenger
Build: Pursuing Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Half elf Power Selection: Dilettante

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 9.

AC: 18 Fort: 17 Reflex: 16 Will: 18
HP: 62 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +8, Perception +12, Streetwise +7, Athletics +11, Nature +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +3, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +4, Heal +7, History +3, Insight +9, Intimidate +2, Stealth +5, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 1: Two-Blade Warrior
Level 2: Adept Dilettante
Level 4: Novice Power
Level 6: Martial Dilettante

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Censure
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance
Dilettante: Twin Strike
Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
Avenger daily 1: Temple of Light
Avenger utility 2: Faith Healing
Avenger encounter 3: Intervening Blades
Avenger daily 5: Living Death Strike
Avenger utility 6: Aspect of Agility
Avenger encounter 7: Splinter the Formation (retrained to Claws of the Griffon at Novice Power)

ITEMS
Vicious Khopesh +2, Carnage Khopesh +2
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

This will let me twin strik with 2 kopeshes twice per encounter, and claws of the griffon once... at level 11 I will pick up deadly axe, and swap martial dilitant for half elf verst... makeing my twin strike at will... and paragon multi to get the most 2 weap attacks... I think I may trade out a nother at will for the barbarian one that is 2 weapon...

what should I be looking for and what should I avoid?   

my 8th and 10th level feats are forced into the multi class ones... but at 12 I can pick up heavy blade expertise...and at 14th weapon focus    

Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: What Would Wrecan Say?

Why use khopeshs wenn you could use scimitars that have the High Crit Prop from scratch, and Valenar Weapon Training for lots of damage on top of that?

And don't bother too much with crit enhancement before you get a jagged weapon. In heroic you are critting on about every 8th hit, so enhancing your crits must be 8 times as good as enhancing your damage on a normal hit. The only thing that might be able to do that would be a harmony blade scimitar in the main hand, I think.

Plus, your defenses will be low if you build the character this way. You need Unarmored Agility and Improved Defenses and you will still have to invest in DEX for AC.
any way to get battleminds brutal barrage lvl 13 at will for this build?, that plus the wilder paragon path could work nicely