Unleashing Feywild: Feysword and Feyblade - a hardcore teleporting damage combo!

148 posts / 0 new
Last post
Newest Edit (1. March 2009)

Thanks to Dragon 372 these builds are now much stronger than they were a few weeks ago. See this newest version of the concepts here: http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=17976348&postcount=94

____________________________________________________________________________________________
The following concepts were for a few weeks in my mind. But now with the Manual of Planes the builds can be optimized, so I post them here.

What are Feysword and Feyblade?

Feysword and Feyblade are two concepts optimized to work with the other one. Both are fully indepent and can be solid solo concepts, but in a team, they show the real destructible potential of these builds.

The Feysword is the offensive part. He can deal great damage to a lot of enemies.
The Feyblade is the more defensive and supporting part. She has great survivability and with her help the Feysword can nearly double his damage potential.

At last: both builds are full defender concepts with a controller aspect.

The builds

Both builds are very simple builds. And the builds are nearly identical. Only the PP is different.

Races: Eladrin; Feyblade and Feysword are both Eladrin

Classes: Swordmage (Aegis of Assault) with multiclass Warlock (Fey Pact); again, both builds have the same classes

Paragon Path: Feytouched for the Feysword and Evermeet Warlock (from FRPG) for Feyblade; the only difference in these builds!

Stats:: STR 12, CON 12, DEX 13, INT 20, WIS 8, CHA 11; same stats for both builds => In Paragon tier STR and CON of 13 is needed to get Hide Armor Prof.; at level 8 CHA 13 is needed for Pact Initiate (Fey Pact); in Epic tier we have CON and DEX of 15 to get Armor Spec. (Hide) and Arcane Reach

How it works

It's simple. Everytime the Feysword teleports he deals damage to his adjacent enemies (adjacent to the space he left). The damage is his (maximized!) INT. Not that great, you think?
Ok, but he has 4 or 5 encounter teleports (one racial, two utilities and one or two encounter attack teleports). And he has 3 daily teleports (one of them lets you teleport three times!). Not impressed?
Once per round an enemy marked by his Aegis of Assault hits one of his friends he can teleport again!
That means: one teleport per round is nearly anytime possible!
And that means: minimum of once per round INT damage to all adjacent enemies. That's like a Stormwarden, only that the damage is not concentrated on one enemie (but: you can teleport more than once per round!).

Ok, that's the Feysword. Now the Feyblade:

Whenever she teleports, she gets invisible to all enemies that are adjacent to the square she left. That's great. That means she can be invisible to her marked target. And when the marked target attacks and hits her friend, the Feysword, she Aegis of Assault triggers for her. And she can teleport.
Ok, but where's the great trick?
Here: Whenever the Feyblade teleports, she can take one adjacent ally with her. Guess who... the Feysword. That means: Everytime she teleports, the Feysword is teleported, too. And that means: everytime she teleports, he can deal his damage again!

As I said in the first line of this post: this idea is a few weeks old. But now Manual of Planes is out. And on top of that builds...

Planestrider Boots (level 18 magic item)
When you use a power to teleport, you can
instead teleport twice as the same action. (...)
[in addition there is an magic item encounter power which let's you teleport 10 squares with a move action]

In a few words: these boots double the extra damage from teleports for the Feysword. And together with an Feyblade the extra damage is now four times (!) that much.

Nothing more to say?

Edit: Here's now a full build example, a level 17 snapshot (level 17 because this is the level where full potential is reached).

I show both builds, if there are differences between the builds, the Feyblade comes first, then the Feysword.

Race: Eladrin
Class: Swordmage
Paragon Path: Evermeet Warlock / Feytouched
Level: 17
Background (if used): Auspicious Birth

Attributes: STR 13, CON 13, DEX 15, INT 24, WIS 9, CHA 14

Feats: Heroic tier: Armor Proficiency (Hide), Eladrin Soldier, Intelligent Blademaster, Pact Initiate (Fey), Acolyte Power, Quick Draw, Toughness; Paragon tier: Arcane Reach, Double Aegis, Psychic Lock
(a few notes: the Feyblade could get the feat Nimble Blade; the reason: she's teleporting and getting invisible, and so have combat advantage a lot of times; perhaps it is a good idea to get a subtle short sword and trade Eladrin Soldier for Weapon Focus (Light blades) and Psychic Lock for Nimble Blade... just as you want)

Powers:
Racial Power: Fey Step

At-will Attack Powers: Frigid Blade (Swordmage 1), Sword Burst (Swordmage 1)

Encounter Attack Powers: Flame Cyclone (Swordmage 1), Blinding Beacon (Evermeet Warlock 11) / Will of the Feywild (Feytouched 11), Dimensional Slash (Swordmage 13), Spidersilk Slash (Swordmage 17)

Utility Powers: Dimensional Warp (Swordmage 2), Armathor’s Step (Swordmage 6), Troublesome Aid of Caiphon (Warlock 10), Feylights (Evermeet Warlock 12) / Twilight Teleport (Feytouched 12), Sudden Escape (Swordmage 16)
(a few notes: Troublesome Aid of Caiphon is IMHO too good to ignore it; because of that we have one teleport less, but I think that's ok; if you want you can trade Troublesome Aid of Caiphon against level 16 warlock Infuriating Elusiveness and take at level 10 the swordmage power Dimensional Dodge)

Daily Attack Powers: Dimensional Thunder (Swordmage 1), Lightning Strider (Swordmage 9), Glamor Blade (Swordmage 9)

Magic Items: according to the rules from DMG, p. 143
Githyanki Silver Longsword (level 14)
Veteran's Darkhide armor (level 17)
Iron Armbands of Power (level 6)
Planestrider Boots (level 18)
Headband of Intellect (level 10)
Cloak of Distortion (level 9)
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (level 15)
Belt of Vigor (level 2)
Escape Tattoo (level 3; from Adventurers Vaul 2 preview)
4x Tempest Whetstone (level 10)
12x Creeping Gatevine (level 10)
10x Flame Rose (level 10)
6x Fundamental Ice (level 10)
14x Glassteel Shard (level 7)

4,000 gp are left to pay

Combat Stats:
AC 37, FORT 23, REF 27, WILL 23
HP (with Auspicious Birth): 145
Bloodied: 72
Healing Surge Value: 37
Healing Surges: 11

Attack Bonus: +22 with longsword (weapon attack); +19 with longsword (implement attack)
Damage: 1d8 + 14 (melee attacks); 1d8 + 15 (close attacks)
INI: +12
Speed: 6

Trained Skills: Arcana, Athletics, Endurance, History, Perception, Religion
I approve this build.

As an Assault Swordmage fanboy, I am frankly delighted to see a sweet setup like this one appear.

I think my favorite part is that swordmage teleportation is almost never the only effect. Triggering the Aegis means a basic attack. Teleportation powers almost always do some damage along with the movement. It would be one thing to say that two defenders can fly around the board doing the damage of two stormwardens(and then a little), another thing to say that they fly around the board doing more than striker damage, in an AoE manner, all the while still doing their normal damage!

Finally, no enemy is safe. With all this nasty teleportation flying around, these assault swordmages are going to be amazingly mobile...and totally unpredictable. It would be really tough for an enemy force to adjust, and doing so will leave them tactically weaker anyway!
At what level does this build become effective? I cant entirely see this as a pair of 1st level solos, 5th-10th?
I guess the Flashstep Rogue will be a great addition to the party ;)

Really, I just posted the build, than scrolled down a bit and found this and another similar thread (Feylancer)... Fate, I say.
and eladrin taclord(fey charger) can fit here too...

<>
full strength of the combo is after 16th(or 17 cuz the boots are 18s lvl)
At what level does this build become effective? I cant entirely see this as a pair of 1st level solos, 5th-10th?

At level 11 the build begins to work in a good way (INT as damage to nearby enemies).

At level 17 full potential is reached (because of the Planestrider Boots).

and eladrin taclord(fey charger) can fit here too...

So it is. Should I mention we have one in our group? ;)

The optimal case is: An eladrin warlord/fighter with Fey Charge, Fey Tactics and Fey Step Trailblazer => he is able to teleport up to two allies everytime he charges with Fey Step.
I guess the Flashstep Rogue will be a great addition to the party ;)

Really, I just posted the build, than scrolled down a bit and found this and another similar thread (Feylancer)... Fate, I say.

Eladrin are the coolest until Martial Power... ;)

The "Flashstep Rogue" is a great concept, I love it. But to be honest: it is not helpfull for the Feysword/Feyblade.
The great thing of the "Flashstep Rogue" (btw: I have the same concept under the name "Feycharger") is, that it is a fully stand-alone-concept.
Eladrin are the coolest until Martial Power... ;)

The "Flashstep Rogue" is a great concept, I love it. But to be honest: it is not helpfull for the Feysword/Feyblade.
The great thing of the "Flashstep Rogue" (btw: I have the same concept under the name "Feycharger") is, that it is a fully stand-alone-concept.

I know it doesn't help the combo at all, it just fits with the idea of a teleport mayhem each encounter .

I saw your build just after posting mine, and I've come to the conclusion that it's real that great minds thinks alike ;)
don't forget Fey Command =)

in fact my teleporter team is...

it is 2swordmages..feylock, WoST, Spiral Tactican and brb-charger=)

but me SM's are feylock and wandering one=)

still i've got enought teleports to use the each round=)
don't forget Fey Command =)

True. With Fey Command he is a real win for this team... too bad this feat needs CHA of 15... :raincloud
huh?

Fey Command<br /> Prerequisites: Eladrin, warlord, Tactical Presence<br /> class feature<br /> Benefit: When an ally you can see spends an<br /> action point to make an attack, the ally can teleport 1<br /> square before or after the attack.

sidenote:
Feywild Warrior seem to suit your team too)))
and there is a cool PP for eladrins taclords...- spiral tactican=)
huh?

Fey Command<br /> Prerequisites: Eladrin, warlord, Tactical Presence<br /> class feature<br /> Benefit: When an ally you can see spends an<br /> action point to make an attack, the ally can teleport 1<br /> square before or after the attack.

Sorry... I muddle up with Impetuous Charger.

Feywild Warrior seem to suit your team too)))
and there is a cool PP for eladrins taclords...- spiral tactican=)

Feywild Warrior is a cool epic feat, yes.

And @Spiral Tactician: Guess what my Eladrin Warlord is? ;)
Feylock with 11 charisma? I just don't get this build. Could someone explain it in plain English to me? Forgive me I can be dense at times.

Peace,
Necro

Also:
Planestrider Boots (level 18 magic item)
instead teleport twice as the same action. (...)
[in addition there is an magic item encounter power which let's you teleport 10 squares with a move action]

Say what?
Feylock with 11 charisma? I just don't get this build. Could someone explain it in plain English to me? Forgive me I can be dense at times.

No problem, let's see:

Starting Charisma is 11. The Charisma will be increased to 13 (14 in Paragon tier) to get Pact Initiate. More isn't needed. Why? Because we only have a single Warlock encounter power in both builds (the level 11 power from PP) and one Warlock daily power (again: level 20 from PP). It's primary a swordmage with swordmage powers. The trick is to get the best out of teleports:
When the Feysword (the one with Feytouched PP) teleports, all adjacent enemies take INT damage (on level 17 for example this would be 7 damage).
When the Feyblade (the one with Evermeet Warlock PP) teleports, she is invisible (until the start of her next turn) to all enemies that was adjacent to her. Further, she can take an ally with her when she teleports 10 squares or less. She takes the Feysword, because he can deal damage through teleporting again.

This all are class features from both PP: INT damage when teleporting is a level 11 PP class feature, invisible when teleporting is a level 11 PP class feature and the "take an ally with you"-thing is a level 16 PP class feature.

That said: Feysword and Feyblade are only warlocks for these PP class features and for one utility power swap (to get more teleports or to get Troublesome Aid of Caiphon, which nearly doubles their healing surge value).

Both classes have (at level 17) 5 or 6 encounter teleports: Fey Step (racial), Dimensional Warp (swordmage utility), Armathor’s Step (swordmage utilty), Dimensional Slash (swordmage encounter attack power), the encounter power from Planestrider Boots (the magic item from Manual of Planes) and perhaps Infuriating Elusiveness (warlock utility), if you do not choose Troublesome Aid of Caiphon (warlock utility).

Further they have several daily teleports: Dimensional Thunder (swordmage daily attack power), Lightning Strider (swordmage daily attack power; this one let's you teleport three times!), Sudden Escape (swordmage daily utility), Dimensional Dodge (swordmage daily utility) and perhaps a few magic items with daily teleports (Eladrin Ring of Passage, Ring of Calling, Ring of Shadow Travel... there are many items).

Recapitulating: Everytime the Feysword teleports adjacent enemies take damage. Everytime the Feyblade teleports she is invisible (to enemies that were adjacent) and can take an ally with her (the Feysword, which can deal damage again).

Now to the Planestrider Boots: They are a level 18 magic item from Manual of Planes with an encounter teleport (10 squares with a move action) and a property:
instead teleport twice as the same action. The total
distance you travel with both teleports cannot exceed the
distance you could have traveled with the original teleport.

That means: When the Feysword uses Armathor’s Step (teleport 5 squares) he can teleport first 2 squares and then again 3 squares. Both count as teleports, that means: he can deal his damage twice. Same counts for the Feyblade: she can teleport an ally both times.

I hope I could help.

In the next days I will show a full build (with all chosen powers and magic items).
I see it now, the "two different builds" thing was throwing me off. I like this idea.
I see it now, the "two different builds" thing was throwing me off. I like this idea.

It's mentionable that both builds are fully independent: they do not need each other. The Feysword for example can be a really strong damage concept without the Feyblade. But when they are combined they unleash hell... uh... sorry. I mean: they unleash feywild! ;)
Anyone other than me that misses the shadowpouncers from 3.5? But I guess this is kind of close enough:D
Anyone other than me that misses the shadowpouncers from 3.5? But I guess this is kind of close enough:D

That is exactly what I was thinking.. now if we can only get a full attack when we teleport...
I have better than a full attack.

How about you take everyone's favorite broken build -- Horizon Walker + Warmaster -- and throw Fey Command on it? Then have one of those boss around THIS guy, and you get infinite damage, no attack roll needed. About the only thing that stops you is having Resist Damage of at least your INT mod.
On the CO IRC, generally as TorpedoFish.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
I have better than a full attack.

How about you take everyone's favorite broken build -- Horizon Walker + Warmaster -- and throw Fey Command on it? Then have one of those boss around THIS guy, and you get infinite damage, no attack roll needed. About the only thing that stops you is having Resist Damage of at least your INT mod.

Nice idea... but to be honest: Horizon Walker + Warmaster is so broken... you do not need one of these builds. ;)
Nice idea... but to be honest: Horizon Walker + Warmaster is so broken... you do not need one of these builds. ;)

Yeah, but these improve it.
On the CO IRC, generally as TorpedoFish.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
Lightning Strider is a level 9 Daily that gives you 3 teleports for one action. Though you have to have 3 different targets.

EDIT: Doing some math if I see this correct. Level 18 with Planestrider boots and both these guys do lightning strider in one round you can divide each teleport into two teleports that is 7 * 12 = 84 aoe Damage just from the teleports + 6 attacks at 1[w] each. Plus Minor and Move actions available for more teleporting... You at least should bloody 3 targets.
So... how would someone write up this duo as a pair of monsters? Does anyone have any suggestions for that?
Lightning Strider is a level 9 Daily that gives you 3 teleports for one action. Though you have to have 3 different targets.

EDIT: Doing some math if I see this correct. Level 18 with Planestrider boots and both these guys do lightning strider in one round you can divide each teleport into two teleports that is 7 * 12 = 84 aoe Damage just from the teleports + 6 attacks at 1[w] each. Plus Minor and Move actions available for more teleporting... You at least should bloody 3 targets.

*nod* That's it. I'm sure these two concepts have more damage potential than most other builds.
Yeah, but these improve it.

That combo improves anything... Breaks everything, in fact :P
I was working a Tp swordmage build and i think some things have been missed in this build. The goal should be to TP as much AND as far as possible. That way when you get the PLANESTRIDER BOOTS you have as many targets/options as possible.

The other magic items you need are:
Mithranden Sword, +1 tp distance; Eldarin Chain, +1 tp distance; Gloves of Dimensional Respulsion, +2 tp distance to others only(including enemies);Ring of Dimesional Escape, +1 tp distance; Ring of Retreat, + 1tp distance; Cloak of Monte Black, grants 1 more tp power, and Eldarin boots till you get the planestriders, +2 tp distance. Anything Figured with the Eldrarin boots i'll (*)

So with this step you can increase every tp you make by 4(6*) and every tp you force on someone else by 2.

Now, The other problem is between being eldarin, Swordmage and Paragon path Feytouched you only get 7 tp powers. yes you still have magic item but i dont count them. How ever is you spend feats you can trade for 5 more with Warlock. Because of this we need at least a decent cha +2. Also THe lvl 16 paragon feature is uses because it requires a curse and we cant curse.

So starting stats are
str 13
con 14
dex 12
int 19
wis 8
cha 12

I know so of you are already rdy to flame this but you need the str an con for AP chainmail. THe cha is so you can qualify for Multiclass warlock. Also con is important for your SM powers and some Warlock ones. So is str on some. YOu really need a balanced character for this build. Though i admit you could max int and use hide for 1 -2 points more of Ac. We're trading 1.5 points of ac for 1 extra space of tp.

So int gets improved every time, since you dont start maxed. Cha gets the other +1 at lvl 4. At lvl 8 its int and Con. From then on its either int and con or int and cha.

Feats by lvl
1 Intelligent Blademaster (use int instead of str and MBA's)
2 AP chainmail (so use can wear 1st magic item)
4 Eldarin Soldier ( +2 dam with longsword)
6 Pact Intiate (for paragon class and more TP powers) Fey pact
8 Novice Power Swap (Lvl 7 SM power for Lvl 3 War power Otherworld stride)
10. Free Feat
12 . Double Aegis (Two Targets with Aegis)
14. Acolyte Power (Swap lvl 12 paragon util for Warlocks leap lvl 10 util)
16. Free Feat
18. Free Feat
20. Adept power (swap lvl 20 paragon util for warlock lvl 16 util Infuriating
Elusiveness)
You can also Swap lvl 19 sm power for lvl 9 war Summons of kharod
Also lvl 15 Sm daily should choose lvl 9 sm Be gone( Lvl 9 sm 1st choice is Lightning Stride)

So your TP powers look like this
Aegis of Assault(at will)
Transposing Lunge (lvl 3 Sm enc)
Fey Step (Eldarin Racial enc)
Dimensional Thunder (lvl 1 sm daily dragon mag 367)
Dimensional Warp (lvl 2 sm util)
Otherworld stride (war lvl 3 Enc)
Armathor's Step ( lvl 6 sm Util)
Lightning Stride (lvl 9 sm daily)
Dimentional Dodge ( lvl 10 sm Util)
Will of the Feywild (lvl 11 paragon Enc)
warlocks leap (lvl 10 war util)
Dimensional Shift (lvl 13 sm enc)
Be Gone (lvl 9 sm daily)
Sudden Escape (lvl 16 sm util)
Infuriating Elusiveness (lvl 16 War util)

Now between this powers and magic items you should be able to TP your heart out, do nice dam from tp, good but not great dam from your powers, and have an insta kill or tp by tp-ing enemies off of cliffs and such. Ofcoarse, your dm might do it back to you. If he does you should be okay but the rest of your party might hate you.

Flame away
The commandments of D&d
Show
56953618 wrote:
1 - I am the DM thy god. Thou shall have no other gods before me, unless thy be a cleric or wish to play thy role. Erstwhile, leave thy sheet in part blank. Thou shall not make for thyself an idol, but holy symbols are acceptable. 2 - Thou shall not make wrongful use of the name of your DM. No rude names, nor cursing, unless thy character is drunk. 3 - Remember the Game Day and keep it available. 4 - Honor thy father and mother, unless they were killed when thou are young. Or be enemies most powerful. Or be demons and devils. Or if thou forgot to fill out a thy background. 5 - Thou shall not kill. Except during combat. Otherwise you tred upon the path of Chaotic Evil. 6 - Thou shall not commit adultery. Heck, don't even get married. That's just a sure-fire way of getting a NPC killed. 7 - Thou shall not steal. Unless you have the highest of ranks. The loot thy party collects is exempt. 8 - Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, for thou shall be homeless, traveling the world at my, thy DMs, bidding. And there shall be enough evidence as it is. 9 - Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife, for those who sit next to thy body shall not be married as well. (see Commandment #6) 10 - Thou shall not covet anything that belongs to thy neighbor, though if they should fall, feel free to see what they have.
I was working a Tp swordmage build and i think some things have been missed in this build. The goal should be to TP as much AND as far as possible.

Half true. Reach isn't always needed... but it helps.

The other magic items you need are:
Mithranden Sword, +1 tp distance; Eldarin Chain, +1 tp distance; Gloves of Dimensional Respulsion, +2 tp distance to others only(including enemies);Ring of Dimesional Escape, +1 tp distance; Ring of Retreat, + 1tp distance; Cloak of Monte Black, grants 1 more tp power, and Eldarin boots till you get the planestriders, +2 tp distance. Anything Figured with the Eldrarin boots i'll (*)

You missed a very important thing: Creeping Gatevine. A consumable that adds 2 (or more) to a teleport. One use costs only 200 gp... so this is a lot of cheaper than the items you mentioned.

Now, The other problem is between being eldarin, Swordmage and Paragon path Feytouched you only get 7 tp powers. yes you still have magic item but i dont count them. How ever is you spend feats you can trade for 5 more with Warlock. Because of this we need at least a decent cha +2. Also THe lvl 16 paragon feature is uses because it requires a curse and we cant curse.

You are wrong. It's a bless that we cannot "benefit" from the level 16 class feature. The reason is: it is crap! It weakens your (warlock) character a lot!

And improving CHA is a terrible idea, sorry... we do not need it.

So starting stats are
str 13
con 14
dex 12
int 19
wis 8
cha 12

CON 14 => bad idea
INT 19 => bad idea (most important attribute!!!)
CHA 12 => ok, but more than 13 in heroic tier isn't needed

I know so of you are already rdy to flame this but you need the str an con for AP chainmail.

No, I will not flame this. My build has STR 13 and CON 15 in paragon tier (to get Hide Armor and Hide Specialization)... so these stats are important in my build, too. And I can understand the idea to get chainmail (Eladrin Armor)... but I don't think that it is worth: you need another feat and loose AC. And there are a lot other good magic item enhancements for armor: Veteran's Armor for example... why? Because we want to use Lightning Strider more than once a day!

THe cha is so you can qualify for Multiclass warlock. Also con is important for your SM powers and some Warlock ones. So is str on some. YOu really need a balanced character for this build. Though i admit you could max int and use hide for 1 -2 points more of Ac. We're trading 1.5 points of ac for 1 extra space of tp.

There is only one teleport you could get more: Otherwind Stride. For one power you want a better CHA? No good idea.

So int gets improved every time, since you dont start maxed. Cha gets the other +1 at lvl 4. At lvl 8 its int and Con. From then on its either int and con or int and cha.

In that case you miss DEX... and feats like Arcane Reach. And again: there is only one more teleport power you can have from warlock... and because of this one you want to increase CHA...

Feats by lvl
1 Intelligent Blademaster (use int instead of str and MBA's)
2 AP chainmail (so use can wear 1st magic item)
4 Eldarin Soldier ( +2 dam with longsword)
6 Pact Intiate (for paragon class and more TP powers) Fey pact
8 Novice Power Swap (Lvl 7 SM power for Lvl 3 War power Otherworld stride)
10. Free Feat
12 . Double Aegis (Two Targets with Aegis)
14. Acolyte Power (Swap lvl 12 paragon util for Warlocks leap lvl 10 util)
16. Free Feat
18. Free Feat
20. Adept power (swap lvl 20 paragon util for warlock lvl 16 util Infuriating
Elusiveness)

Good feat selection. But I do not like the Novice Power Swap... as I stated above.
And I miss Quick Draw: We want to use reagents... and we do not want to use a minor action everytime to draw them.

So your TP powers look like this
Aegis of Assault(at will)
Transposing Lunge (lvl 3 Sm enc)

No good idea. Transposing Lunge is a teleport, yes... but it doesn't teleport you! And because you are an Assault Swordmage you do not benefit from the great Shielding bonus this power has. Better: choose Incendiary Sword or Flame Cyclone.

Fey Step (Eldarin Racial enc)
Dimensional Thunder (lvl 1 sm daily dragon mag 367)
Dimensional Warp (lvl 2 sm util)
Otherworld stride (war lvl 3 Enc)

It's a good power, yes... but as I said above.

Armathor's Step ( lvl 6 sm Util)
Lightning Stride (lvl 9 sm daily)
Dimentional Dodge ( lvl 10 sm Util)
Will of the Feywild (lvl 11 paragon Enc)
warlocks leap (lvl 10 war util)
Dimensional Shift (lvl 13 sm enc)
Be Gone (lvl 9 sm daily)
Sudden Escape (lvl 16 sm util)
Infuriating Elusiveness (lvl 16 War util)

Good choices. But you mean "Dimensional Slash" btw.

Now between this powers and magic items you should be able to TP your heart out, do nice dam from tp, good but not great dam from your powers,

Why? You are a full swordmage and can deal as much damage with them as with any other "normal" swordmage.

and have an insta kill or tp by tp-ing enemies off of cliffs and such.

Nice idea. But as you said: you need a DM who allow it. But nice idea.

Flame away

Why so negative? I do not want to flame. I thank you for your ideas and comments. With a few I do not agree... but that's not flaming.
Is it only me that thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBgAb7_FFU while reading this thread?
Is it only me that thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBgAb7_FFU while reading this thread?

Dead link for me, sorry.

Edit: now it works. Yes, this would be Lightning Strider + Planestrider Boots. ;)
The Feysword becomes a monster in epic with the use of the Total Aegis feat, being able to target EVERYONE in the burst 2? Yes please.

Also, I've been researching the Feysword a little bit and come up with this list of anything and everything that teleports for a swordmage/warlock:

Teleports:

Standard:
Otherwind Stride - Warlock - Encounter
Dimensional Slash - Swordmage - Encounter
Dimensional Charge - Swordmage - Encounter
Lightning Strider - Swordmage - Daily

Move:
Fey Step - Racial - Encounter
Ethereal Stride - Warlock - Encounter
Fey Switch - Warlock - Encounter
Warlock’s Leap - Warlock - Daily
Infuriating Elusiveness - Warlock - Encounter
Raven’s Glamor - Warlock - Daily
Armathor’s Step - Swordmage - Encounter

Minor:
Dimensional Warp - Swordmage - Encounter
Blink Ring - Daily

Free:
Robe of Bloodwalking - Encounter
Transposing Weapon - Encounter
Feyleaf Vambraces - Daily
Blink Ring - Daily (If you've hit a milestone that day)

Immediate:
Dimensional Dodge - Swordmage - Daily
Sudden Escape - Swordmage - Daily

I may not have listed one or two swordmage or warlock powers but I didn't think that much of them, so there you are.

Also, with the above list I came up with a attack routine using no feats, just a regular weapon and damage, here's that routine (Please note that this routine is only one on one, so using Lightning Strider won't help [unless it actually will help by just getting the first attack off on it in round 1 or 2 cause then you can save Dimensional Charge/Slash for Round 2/3]):

One on One Round 1:
You (assuming you start next to the one enemy as in the diagram below) activate Feyleaf Vanbraces (free action) to teleport you once into a S square, doing 9 damage then Dimensional Charge (standard action) him, teleporting to S, dealing 9 damage then teleporting back to Y for another 9 and finally hitting him for 4[W]d8+9(Int) and because you hit the target with your transposing weapon, you and him switch places dealing another 9 damage. Next you use Fey Step teleporting 3 squares first, dealing 9 damage and another teleport for 2 squares for 9 more damage. As your minor action you use Blink Ring, teleporting you 2 squares either to the left or right for 9 damage and another 2 squares for 9 more, dealing a max total of 4[w]+9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9=129 (assuming you have a d12 weapon, your using a Fullblade right?).

His Turn:
He attacks you and if he manages to hit, you use Sudden Escape (Swordmage) and avoid the attack all together by teleporting 2 squares away (split into 1 square each by your boots) dealing 18 damage

Round 2:
Your standard action this turn is Dimensional Slash for 2[W] + Int(9)
teleporting both of you at least 2 squares away (but still in the same position) and deal 9 more damage. Move action is Infuriating Elusiveness teleporting you 6 squares dealing 18 damage and making you invisible to boot! Your minor action is actually sustained at the start of your turn teleporting you twice (Blink Ring, yes, I know Blink Ring is a 1d4 roll, as long as you teleport 2 squares or more you still get 2 teleports out of it) dealing another 18 damage. Total damage 70 for this round.

Diagram: (Y=You, E=Enemy, S=Square you teleport into, X=Empty)

XYX
SES
XSX

Also, Heaven help your DM if you manage to get Wave of Sorrow from Graz'zt (Dragon 368). It lets you teleport every time you use the weapon to attack, you don't even have to hit! Just attack and you'll do 9 damage on top of your regular attack damage which will then cause you to bamf around more, oh yeah, that ability on the weapon is "at will" :O
Also, Heaven help your DM if you manage to get Wave of Sorrow from Graz'zt (Dragon 368). It lets you teleport every time you use the weapon to attack, you don't even have to hit! Just attack and you'll do 9 damage on top of your regular attack damage which will then cause you to bamf around more, oh yeah, that ability on the weapon is "at will" :O

Actually, it's on a hit, not just on an attack. Also, the "updated" version is in Manual of the Planes, but I think the Critical entry is incorrect now as it shows only five dice in MotP (it's a +6 weapon), whereas the Dragon version says it's six. The property is also changed somewhat in MotP, but that's not really important here (as this just cares about the power).

Regardless, that weapon is still a nice find for the Feysword, particularly with multi-attack powers.
The Feysword becomes a monster in epic with the use of the Total Aegis feat, being able to target EVERYONE in the burst 2? Yes please.

You can always use one immediate action a round....
You can always use one immediate action a round....

i think it's not a big deal... cuz it you mark a lot of targes the chances to trigger your aegis will be greather...
i think it's not a big deal... cuz it you mark a lot of targes the chances to trigger your aegis will be greather...

I was just making sure you were aware. I agree that marking a mass amount of targets is useful. Clumping them all together for some teleport AoE
and don't forget that his feyblade turns invisible after teleports....

BTW Pandexander you can use
STR 12, CON 12, DEX 12, INT 20, WIS 8, CHA 12;
starting array...and up your dex at 8th lvl...this will give you pakt on 4th level and upper will def at the begining of play...
I've posted a level 17 build example with powers and magic items in the first post:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=17457522&postcount=1
nice!
@Ed-Zero: First I have to say: thanks for this work... there are a lot of good ideas in it.

Oh yes... so it is. ;)

Also, I've been researching the Feysword a little bit and come up with this list of anything and everything that teleports for a swordmage/warlock:

Teleports:

Standard:
Otherwind Stride - Warlock - Encounter

As I said in another post: I think it's not worth to improve CHA for that spell.

Minor:
Dimensional Warp - Swordmage - Encounter
Blink Ring - Daily

A great ring, oh I love it!

Free:
Robe of Bloodwalking - Encounter

I didn't saw this one. It's a very good item... but I'm not sure if it is worth to sacrifice 4 (!) points of AC and Veteran's Armor.

Transposing Weapon - Encounter

Hell... this one is great. I cannot believe I didn't saw it. Thanks alot!

Feyleaf Vambraces - Daily

Good item. But there is a better one: Bracers of Escape (level 7, 17 and 27) from Dragon 365 (Bazaar of the Bizarre). They allow you to teleport with a immediate interrupt when you would be hit by a melee attack - great ones, they are like the Swordmage level 16 utility Sudden Escape.

Also, Heaven help your DM if you manage to get Wave of Sorrow from Graz'zt (Dragon 368).

It's in the new Manual of the Planes, too. And it's great...
Ok, that's the Feysword. Now the Feyblade:

Whenever she teleports, she gets invisible to all enemies that are adjacent to the square she left. That's great. That means she can be invisible to her marked target. And when the marked target attacks and hits her friend, the Feysword, she Aegis of Assault triggers for her. And she can teleport.
Ok, but where's the great trick?

First, let me admit that my first look into this book was to see what you were talking about here (on this very thread) so the mechanics are still a little foreign to me.

Can you please explain the above quote to me? I thought the Feyblade was a warlock, not a swordmage?
First, let me admit that my first look into this book was to see what you were talking about here (on this very thread) so the mechanics are still a little foreign to me.

Can you please explain the above quote to me? I thought the Feyblade was a warlock, not a swordmage?

It multi-classes into Warlock to qualify for Feytouched.

As Nox Noctis said: The primary class is Swordmage. Most powers are from this class and all class features, too. Warlock is only necassary to qualify for the two PP Evermeet Warlock and Feytouched (and to get an extra teleport).

Edit: Let me explain why Swordmage and not Warlock.

1. The Swordmage has more HP and AC.

2. The Swordmage is a melee class; the class features from Evermeet Warlock and Feytouched have an effect against adjacent targets, but the Warlock is primary a ranged class. So the Swordmage is better suited for these class features.

3. The Swordmage has an equal number of teleports; he lacks the Fey Pacts Pact Boon, but he has Aegis of Assault (which is a teleport, too)... so he eventually has more teleports than a Fey Pact Warlock.

All in all: the Swordmage is a much better candidate for these concepts, than the Warlock could be.
Sign In to post comments