The Apocalypse Twins: How the world is going to end

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
"I want to tell you the story of two twin kobolds...

This two kobolds are the sons of a mighty god called Pun Pun, who as lived about 100 years ago, before the spellplague changed all the surface of Toril.

They are born to be the executioners of our world, when the time will come.

Like their father, they are two kobold, or at least they seems to look like one of that pathetic race... But in the reality they are the most powerfull things on the earth.

One of them it's a warlord, and the other is a fighter, both of extreme power... But let me explain how the end will come for all us: "

Twin n° 1, the moving god:

Kobold, lvl 30, warlord.

Feats:

Warrior of the wild (Multiclass Ranger)
Martial Mastery (when you use an action point you recharge an encounter power)

Powers:

Knight's Move (Warlord utility 2, it grant's a move action to one ally)

Path's:

Horizon Walker (By ranger multiclass)
Warmaster (Epic destiny)

Granted abilities:

Horizon Walker paragon Path:

Wanderer’s Action (11th Level): When you
spend an action point to take a move action, you gain
an action point after taking that action.

Warmaster epic destiny:

Tactical Genius (30th level): During an encounter,
you can spend as many of your action points as
you want.

Twin n° 2, the pushing god:

Kobold, lvl 30, fighter.

Feats:

Any

Powers:

Inexorable Shift (Iron Vanguard Utility 12, move action to shift & push the target 1 square)

Path's:

Iron Vanguard
Demigod (Epic destiny)

Granted abilities:

Iron Vanguard paragon Path:

Trample the Fallen (16th level): When you push
a creature or knock a creature prone, it takes damage
equal to your Constitution modifier.

Demigod epic destiny:

Divine Miracle (30th level): When you have
expended your last remaining encounter power, you
regain the use of one encounter power of your choice.
In this way, you never run out of encounter powers

Ok, now it's time to show you how the end of the worlds it's going to come:

1) The Pushing Twin uses up all his encounter powers except Inexorable Shift.

2) The Moving Twin uses an action point to use Knight's Move power on the Pushing twin

3) The Moving Twin regains the use of Knight's Move thanks to Martial Mastery and gains an action point thanks to Horizon Walker

4) The Pushing Twin uses the move action granted by the brother for use Inexorable Shift on his foe, pushing him and doing to him damage equal to his con bonus.

5) The Pushing Twin regains Inexorable Shift thanks to Divine Miracle.

6) The two twins repaeat the step from 2 to 5 untill the foe is dead

7) The moving twin uses his infinite move actions to move himself and his twin (thanks to infinite Knight's move) near the next living creature

8) The two twins repeat the step 2 to 5 untill the living creature is dead

9) The two twin repeat the steps 7 and 8 untill all living creature in the world are dead

10) The Apocalypse has come (all in one single round).

"How you think about the story that I just told to you, my friends?"
:D

P.S.: This come out of from my initial tought in this topic. When I realized that the ranger had some problems, I have done this that it's totally legal. :P

P.P.S.: Instead of the Pushing Twin, I could have used a Teleporting Twin (Warlock with Infuriating Elusiveness and Feytouched path for Slashing Wake), or everything that has a move action at-will or encounter power that does damage.
Expecting Horizon Walker to be errata'ed to once per round. Which is how he is intended to be. Anyway, I'm just curious to know... how would you kill something that is flying?
Are you interested in an online 4E game on Sunday? Contact me with a PM!
Show
Reflavoring: the change of flavor without changing any mechanical part of the game, no matter how small, in order to fit the mechanics to an otherwise unsupported concept. Retexturing: the change of flavor (with at most minor mechanical adaptations) in order to effortlessly create support for a concept without inventing anything new. Houseruling: the change, either minor or major, of the mechanics in order to better reflect a certain aspect of the game, including adapting the rules to fit an otherwise unsupported concept. Homebrewing: the complete invention of something new that fits within the system in order to reflect an unsupported concept.
Ideas for 5E
Expecting Horizon Walker to be errata'ed to once per round. Which is how he is intended to be. Anyway, I'm just curious to know... how would you kill something that is flying?

A wizard casting mass fly before the begins of the end? :D

The entire genocide is going to be done in 1 round, so have fly speed 8 "untill the end of the wizard next turn" will be enough. :P

P.S.: the damagin twin, as I said, could be a teleporting warlock too, instead of a pushing fighter. And bot the pusher and the teleporter can be wizards as first class (then with mass fly) multiclassed into fighter or warlock for the paragon path. ;)
Saturno, the Apocalypse Seer
Saturno, the Apocalypse Seer

Hehe, sounds good. :D

Anyone has comments or tips for making them do their "job" better? :P
I think they should be warforged named, "the pusher robot" and the "shover robot." Please go stand by the stairs so that they can protect you.

Note: This is a reference to an old joke from somethingawful.com
I think they should be warforged named, "the pusher robot" and the "shover robot." Please go stand by the stairs so that they can protect you.

Note: This is a reference to an old joke from somethingawful.com

Hehe..
I chosen kobolds couse I wanted to make a tribute to pun-pun.

Anyway, every race is ok for the two twins. ;)
Actually, you could do this a lot more powerfully by making them BOTH HW/WMs and giving both Viper's Strike and a miss damage feat. Then you're using At-Wills and not relying on movement, and plus each of the other is getting infinite actions.
On the CO IRC, generally as TorpedoFish.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
Actually, you could do this a lot more powerfully by making them BOTH HW/WMs and giving both Viper's Strike and a miss damage feat. Then you're using At-Wills and not relying on movement, and plus each of the other is getting infinite actions.

I think the goal was to do all damage using only move actions, as they are the unlimited resource provided by the HW/WM combo. Inexorable shift+Iron Vanguard takes only a move action to use, and then the twins get to keep moving afterward. I was thinking you might combine Sudden Assault cheese with this combo, then realized that there is no mechanic for infinite standard actions...unless the Warmaster 24 ability enables it...I still don't have the book.
I think the goal was to do all damage using only move actions, as they are the unlimited resource provided by the HW/WM combo. Inexorable shift+Iron Vanguard takes only a move action to use, and then the twins get to keep moving afterward. I was thinking you might combine Sudden Assault cheese with this combo, then realized that there is no mechanic for infinite standard actions...unless the Warmaster 24 ability enables it...I still don't have the book.

You can get near infinite actions that way, yes, but the problem is that in order to get those standard actions, you have to wait until the other person's turn comes around.
I think the goal was to do all damage using only move actions, as they are the unlimited resource provided by the HW/WM combo.

Actually, Shock and Awe never indicates what KIND of actions are taken. You just get "an extra action."
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
Actually, Shock and Awe never indicates what KIND of actions are taken. You just get "an extra action."

No, the combo is that the warlord gives infinite move actions to its partner by means of Knight's Move. Shock and Awe is completely pointless here.
Oh.

Uh... WHY are we using Knight's Move? You're already a Warlord, just use Shock and Awe to give your friend infinite standards and kill things.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.
1. Because infinite standard actions is (technically) impossible.

To grant infinite standard actions the Warmaster would have to do infinite move actions. Therefore he would never finish to end his turn and finally move initiative forward.

2. Do you really want to "chance" waiting for the other guy's next turn to arrive? If something happened (like say stunned or dazed), those extra actions are lost.

So, yeah, you use Knight's Move to infinitely STEP on the competition. Con modifier damage at a time!

To be really obnoxious, the Damage Brother should have a Starting Constitution of 10, so that it is 12 at Epic levels (doing 1 damage per push!).
Oh.

Uh... WHY are we using Knight's Move? You're already a Warlord, just use Shock and Awe to give your friend infinite standards and kill things.

Pretty much... I was wondering why all this was done when all you had to say was "Level 30 Horizon Walker/Warmaster and an ally. I win."
Pretty much... I was wondering why all this was done when all you had to say was "Level 30 Horizon Walker/Warmaster and an ally. I win."

Because everything in 4e has a dazing or stunning at-will (exaggeration).

The HW/WM says "I have an ally, I win. Right, Ally?" Ally is too stunned to answer.
I see your point. (Note that he gets NI actions (hey, remember that term? I missed it from 339) not infinite, as the number is an arbitrary one chosen by the Warmaster.)
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.
Actually, dwarves would survive this apocalypse thanks to their "stand your ground" racial ability.

- Enaloindir

Give the kobold a ring of the ram? And hope it isn't a Dwarven Defender?
Because everything in 4e has a dazing or stunning at-will (exaggeration).

The HW/WM says "I have an ally, I win. Right, Ally?" Ally is too stunned to answer.

I realize this was in jest, (I assume) but still, I feel I must point out: How are they acting before you? You're a Warlord. A Tactical Warlord. You've got Combat Leader+Combat Commander, (+Int mod to you and all allies' inits) and Quickening Order (+Int to init again, and a nice +Int to attack and damage rolls to top it off.) Further than that, you pretty much can't be surprised, getting the hilarious effect of Tactical Awareness during the surprise round. As I said, simply saying, "I win." is pretty much the gist of it.

I see your point. (Note that he gets NI actions (hey, remember that term? I missed it from 339) not infinite, as the number is an arbitrary one chosen by the Warmaster.)

Last time I saw NI was reading a discussion about Pun-Pun. It came up a lot around him.

Becouse was more funny (and more sure to not get blocked) killing everithing on the world in a single round. :D

Actually, dwarves would survive this apocalypse thanks to their "stand your ground" racial ability.

- Enaloindir

If we build the pushing twin well it will push for more then 1 square...

Anyway, if needed, we can change it with a teleporting twin that does damage "leaving the square by teleporting". :D
Becouse was more funny (and more sure to not get blocked) killing everithing on the world in a single round. :D

Well... it does. With arbitrarily high number of actions, why do they need to be using pushing? Just move next to the enemy and stab them in the face until they stop twitching. Or do the same with lasers, or explosions, or whatever you want.

I'll grant it's amusing to think of pushing everyone in the world to death in 6 seconds, but I think it's amusing to think doing the same with regular attacks. I think the teleporting idea is even more hilarious. Get Boots of Teleportation and a Feylock with Slashing Wake and bamf!, through an arbitrarily high number (likely somewhere in the millions or billions, for good measure) of teleports, (Nightcrawler has nothing on this guy) in six seconds everyone in the world is killed.
Well... it does. With arbitrarily high number of actions, why do they need to be using pushing? Just move next to the enemy and stab them in the face until they stop twitching. Or do the same with lasers, or explosions, or whatever you want.

I'll grant it's amusing to think of pushing everyone in the world to death in 6 seconds, but I think it's amusing to think doing the same with regular attacks. I think the teleporting idea is even more hilarious. Get Boots of Teleportation and a Feylock with Slashing Wake and bamf!, through an arbitrarily high number (likely somewhere in the millions or billions, for good measure) of teleports, (Nightcrawler has nothing on this guy) in six seconds everyone in the world is killed.

With the teleporting guy you don't need an arbitrarily number of action.
It's move action, so it can do it infinite times during the warlord too...

If you prefer to kill the world through attacks (I don't like them... They tend to trigger too much immediate interrupts) you can simply take a fighter with Quicksilver Stance (Attack stance, fighter 15) and you get infinite basic melee attacks.
With the teleporting guy you don't need an arbitrarily number of action.
It's move action, so it can do it infinite times during the warlord too...

If you prefer to kill the world through attacks (I don't like them... They tend to trigger too much immediate interrupts) you can simply take a fighter with Quicksilver Stance (Attack stance, fighter 15) and you get infinite basic melee attacks.

I know. All I'm saying is that since we're talking about traversing the world and killing everyone in it in a single round, single-handedly bring about the apocalypse, which can be done from any area you want (like somewhere where enemies aren't)... waiting for your teammate's turn to come around to do this isn't a very big hindrance.

As for the triggering of interrupts, I'd say that shifting has the potential to do that as well. That's also why I mentioned attacks at long range. (lasers/explosions in the face) Not much you can do about that. Stabbing to death everyone in the world in six seconds sounds so cool to me, though.
A few with immediate interrupt resist magic items will survive the carnage. Also, anyone indoors with locked doors. :P

Plus anyone they can't find.

But what this combo can also be used for, is the thread about the very fast running guy... because these guys are infinitely fast. I suppose they beat that one too.
A few with immediate interrupt resist magic items will survive the carnage. Also, anyone indoors with locked doors. :P

Plus anyone they can't find.

But what this combo can also be used for, is the thread about the very fast running guy... because these guys are infinitely fast. I suppose they beat that one too.

Infact I have already posted a dwarf using the same build of the running twin in that topic.^^

Anyway, as for finding people, these 2 guys, using infinite move action, can scan the entire surface of the planet in 1 round.. Square by Square :D
Last time I saw NI was reading a discussion about Pun-Pun. It came up a lot around him.

The irony is staggering, yes.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.
Unfortunately, this only kills most things.

You have damage resistance to worry about. Start with a Con 20 and things need resist 10 all to live.

They can be in a corner when the Apocalypse occurs. Can't push people when they have no where to go and pushes always have to move something away (still, they gotta come out of that corner eventually).

Anything that resists a push of 1 is immune. Inexorable Shift moves you, then it pushes the target. If you push it more than 1, you can't use Inexorable Shift against it since it will no longer be adjacent.

Still, good times.
Unfortunately, this only kills most things.

You have damage resistance to worry about. Start with a Con 20 and things need resist 10 all to live.

They can be in a corner when the Apocalypse occurs. Can't push people when they have no where to go and pushes always have to move something away (still, they gotta come out of that corner eventually).

Anything that resists a push of 1 is immune. Inexorable Shift moves you, then it pushes the target. If you push it more than 1, you can't use Inexorable Shift against it since it will no longer be adjacent.

Still, good times.

When the two twins will have finished with the 99,99% of the total of the living creature on the world, they will (without any hurry... They have infinite time to walk slowly around the earth before do that) go to call their 2 childfriends.

One is a Feytouched warlock teleporter and the other is a the minotaur called "MC hammer", who took at 15th level the power Quicksilver Stance and just used it to plant a nail as a move action.

Then the moving twin let's the happy quartet go together to find everything it's still alive (eventually making the cow crushing the locked doors with his huge maul).

Happy now? :D
Quicksilver Stance is once per round right?
Quicksilver Stance is once per round right?

Nope:

Effect: Until the stance ends, you can shift 1 square
(or 2 squares if you aren’t wearing heavy armor) and
make a melee basic attack as a move action. If you
have combat advantage against the target of the attack
and hit, the attack deals extra damage equal to your
Wisdom modifier.

In fact, if the epic destiny limit will be errataed, a Bard (multiclass warlord, fighter and ranger) can do the apocalypse alone^^
Nope:

In fact, if the epic destiny limit will be errataed, a Bard (multiclass warlord, fighter and ranger) can do the apocalypse alone^^

the bard is the First-born and the twins are the "little brothers"
Nope:

I must be thinking of the Swordmage daily stance because I thought that one had a limit.

Edit: Okay, Quicksilver BLADE is the one with a once per round limit.
You know ...
the Umber Hulk will be sitting in the ground, wondering what just went overhead a whole bunch of times.
"Too high to count, me no have dat many fingers and toes."

Shadow Hulk w/ Rogue NPC class
will have Leather Armor with a branding on the front that says:

"I survived The Apocalypse Twins - Nov. 2008"

:D

5E mini- SRD available now in HTML here:  http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules

So clearly the next question is how to design a Doomsday Guard to stop the Apocalypse Twins. The key is clearly some sort of readied action trigering on someone breaking the Sound barrier (or attacking the Doomsday Guard). The problem is to get the Doomsday Guard to whereever the Apocolypse Twins are. I supose they could just wait for them to get to the Doomsday guard, but ideally the genocide should be stoped in it's tracks rather than halfway through. So anyone have any idea on how to do that? Other than having the Doomsday Guard consist of the Apocolypse Twins of cause.
So clearly the next question is how to design a Doomsday Guard to stop the Apocalypse Twins. The key is clearly some sort of readied action trigering on someone breaking the Sound barrier (or attacking the Doomsday Guard). The problem is to get the Doomsday Guard to whereever the Apocolypse Twins are. I supose they could just wait for them to get to the Doomsday guard, but ideally the genocide should be stoped in it's tracks rather than halfway through. So anyone have any idea on how to do that? Other than having the Doomsday Guard consist of the Apocolypse Twins of cause.

Anyone where antipathy gloves would take twice as long to kill with inexorable shift. They'd still die...just take twice as long, lol.

Polearm Gamble+Combat Superiority+Frost blade+fundamental ice.
the apocalypse twins can shift inside dificult terrain?
the apocalypse twins can shift inside dificult terrain?

Unfettered Stride epic feat...only requires acrobatics training...
Dwarves.
Dwarves.

Dwarven Defenders... They reduce forced movement by up to 5.

Every nation will have to hire dwarven defenders to stand on the border shoulder to shoulder (well... square to square). Dwarven Defenders are the most valued commodity service and the race becomes the richest in existence.
Sign In to post comments