Ok time for a challange (two person opt group)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
what is the most optimized build (that we can think of knowing what we know now) for a two person group?

my take Warlock.... and Paliden

warlock =striker with some control
Paliden =Defender with some leader

anyone else got any wining 1 2 punches?

Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: What Would Wrecan Say?

Dragonborn Warlord
Dwarf Paladin

Some Striker multiclass for damage, or some Wizard powers on the Warlord for control.
I am thinking about something like this

Ranger TWF with wizard multiclass(Eladrin)
Ranger(storm paragon) cause i think he ll be the best DPS machine(maybe rogue is better) with wizard multiclass for utility(ac enhancer) spells and ground control(ice wall, force wall etc).

AND

Tatical warlord with wizard multiclass too(Half-Elf or Human)
Ground control and movement control. with wizard multiclass for the same purpose stated above.

My guess is that ground control can direct this dou team to 2x1 situation agains many oponents(split them etc) and both are great against solo monsters.
(and cover the majority of skills)

Me and a friend are planing this duo to see if we can take KOTS...

In other words... by using 2 good melee dps we ll try to avoid the defender role. By using multiclass we ll try to avoid the controler role(using utility and ground control tatics).

Hope it works... but we need the books first >.<

(About the main flaw on the duo... no ranged. The utility/ground control hopelly can cancel ranged... also the ranger can somehow cover the ranged part(more or less))
(We build this up by the few information we have about 4e and also... there is a game series named Heroes of Might and Magic... the combat in this game is per turn; it has a grid; diferent creatures and powers and etc... it is not like D&D... but it seems a bit like it... so we somehow draw inspiration on what was good in that particular game to see if it works in D&D 4e grid. Teleport, ground control, fast movement, fast initiative... etc)
I say Dragon born warlord crossed with fighter (or vise verse) and a tiefling or elven Rouge crossed with warlock. No real controller but I think that between these two they would cover the roles all fairly well. If the dragonborn took the racial breath feats he could suit that role in a pinch.
Dragonborn Fighter + Dwarf Paladin for durability, though principle weakness is unreachable enemies with ranged attacks, where basic ranged attacks will just be too slow.

Tiefling Warlock(Infernal Pact) + Elf Ranger(TWF) for sheer brutality.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

Dragonborn Fighter + Dwarf Paladin for durability, though principle weakness is unreachable enemies with ranged attacks, where basic ranged attacks will just be too slow.

That is basically my suggestion. You bring up an interesting point. Maybe instead of putting some Wizard into the Warlord, it would be better to put some Warlock (I remember some mention of blinding opponents and stuff).

The idea is having some "safety" warlock powers that disable ranged monsters, either temporarily (until the PCs can close in) or more permanently, if possible.
That is basically my suggestion. You bring up an interesting point. Maybe instead of putting some Wizard into the Warlord, it would be better to put some Warlock (I remember some mention of blinding opponents and stuff).

The idea is having some "safety" warlock powers that disable ranged monsters, either temporarily (until the PCs can close in) or more permanently, if possible.

Yeah but even then, that would still be the Wizard since we know for a fact he gets Eyebite and Sleep at the very least, either of which can shut down a enemy more than long enough.

My Choices would be Elf Ranger/Cleric(Paragon Cleric) depending on two things, 1.) If the Rangers archer powers specifically designate bows or can any ranged attack work, then possibly cleric ray powers might be usable, if not no biggie, the idea of a TWF Elf Ranger who can heal/buff himself while attacking is good enough so that he can replace a Defender to a certain degree (just can't force enemies to attack himself instead. )

My second choice would be Trickster Rogue/Warlock/(Good Rogue PP) The idea is that between the 1 encounter pact ability, 1 one encounter ability, the 1 utility power, and 1 daily power, I shouldn't need to multiclass into Warlock with my PP, as the Warlock's abilities are meant to hinder my enemies just long enough so that I get Combat Advantage and completely annihilate them nearly instantly. The synergy is whats important here.