[Help] Skyship Pirate Crew

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Salutations everyone! So I've been working on a story arc that will be featuring the return of an airship from a previous adventure. This time however its been commandeered by a pirate crew. I have the descriptions, mannerisms, and backstory to some of the primary NPCs including the traitor that sold out the crew, a brutish first mate, and a female human swashbuckler...and I'm mulling over details on the caption. But here's where I ask for assistance : I'd like some input of various other crew members, and to mix it up and make them feel more real I thought I post here so I can get input from multiple sources. So lets hear some NPCs! I can't thank you enough in advance!

"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

These boards are terrible so I dont always check in.  If you need me contat my gmail at BHRPGS.

A much abused goblin cabin boy. A cook with a penchant for exotic, sometimes disgusting ingredients.
I'd actually considered the obvious goblin cabin boy haha. I've been tossing around a few ideas on the cook, I like your take on it. Did you have a particular race in mind?

That's again for the thoughts!

"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

These boards are terrible so I dont always check in.  If you need me contat my gmail at BHRPGS.

Who is the captain? He/she seems most important.
A dwarf gunner in charge of cannons/catapults etc.
A stove away? Maybe a young boy with dreams of freedom. Someone whos fate when discovered could be influenced by the PCs.
A shipwright/machinist who keeps tje ship afloat. In Ebberon I would have recommended a Ironforged.
Who is the captain? He/she seems most important. A dwarf gunner in charge of cannons/catapults etc. A stove away? Maybe a young boy with dreams of freedom. Someone whos fate when discovered could be influenced by the PCs. A shipwright/machinist who keeps tje ship afloat. In Ebberon I would have recommended a Ironforged.

Oooo nice, like the dwarf...been trying to get a nice mix of races and personalities. Thoughts on his mannerisms? Perhaps he's not so much focused on the pirating so ling as there booze and broads....and he's having a blast. Pun not intended.

Motives on the stowaway? I'd thrown together a quick character of a young man with a fear of heights who joined up to get out and see the world, while trying to overcome his fear but still mulling over the details

If youre versed in Magic lore the skyship Weatherlight had a golem aboard. Got a motive for a golem or warforged?

I'm still working on the captain like I said above, want him to be believable above all. Ironically the captain is not the traitor from the original crew...the traitor aided in the take over and got the short end of the stick...bitterly resenting the new captain.

This may end up being one of the possible ways for the PC's to gain control of the ship. Assuming they even try to take it, haha.

Screw the goblin cabin boy idea - it's beyond too obvious. The goblin should be the ship's carpenter, and should be played like a ship's engineer on Star Trek. (And not Scottie, either, with a horribly obvious accent.) He should be intelligent, competent, and not the least bit some crazed mad-scientist-type. He walks around like he's six feet tall, because he can build anything (or take it apart) with his bare hands and his ingenuity. The fate of the ship is literally in his hands and he knows it. He's the one person on the crew who can tell the captain when he's wrong, and he takes that responsibility seriously.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Screw the goblin cabin boy idea - it's beyond too obvious. The goblin should be the ship's carpenter, and should be played like a ship's engineer on Star Trek. (And not Scottie, either, with a horribly obvious accent.) He should be intelligent, competent, and not the least bit some crazed mad-scientist-type. He walks around like he's six feet tall, because he can build anything (or take it apart) with his bare hands and his ingenuity. The fate of the ship is literally in his hands and he knows it. He's the one person on the crew who can tell the captain when he's wrong, and he takes that responsibility seriously.

Haha, I like it...I like it. Sounds like a character that'd be a lot of fun.

I'm wondering about combining the fear of heights with the dwarf. So he sticks below deck with the guns and the kegs.

Illithid cartographer/navigator and warforged cook.

You need a changeling in there somewhere. 

TjD

Thanks for the inputs everyone.  Polishing up the rest of the crew now and should be set to go!

Sign In to post comments