photoshopped a character portrait? lets see it.

239 posts / 0 new
Last post
the idea for this thred stems from the "what do you think my character looks like" thred. from time to time someone will post something that that have photoshopped together and the pieces that they used to do it. i think that it's fun and would like to see more of it. share and let your mad photoshop skills be know.
i'll start. this is a pc in a game i'm dming. i usually make up pics for my players. not that they aren't welcome do do it themselves, i just do it for funzeez.

i took this image from the phb as a base,

i used this bottle

replaced the weapons with the rapier from this (also from the phb)

used a cloak that i've had for a while and don't remember where i got it.

changed some colors, removed some aspects of the pic i didn't want, a plopped it on a grayscale background (something i like to do) and came out of it all with this,

Korthose, halfling rogue/drunk.
Hmm.. I think your inspiring me to do a 3d model of my elven avenger...
okay here is another i did for a player in my game.

for this one i started with a tiefling sorcerer type.

switched out his head for the half elf from the phb

took the flaming skull from this pic and altered it a little

used the sickle from here

grabbed a wand from the adventures vault and chopped it up a bit

then i changed some colors, added the grayscale backdrop, used a few effects here and there, etc... and this is what i can up with, Narîf, half-elf warlock
Show
[img]IMAGE(http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/bigkosydar/Finished/narif6.jpg)

ps i would love to hear comments
That is amazing. It's very clean and crisp and extremely well done, I would LOVE to see more!
well i got plenty to share. but i'm kinda hoping others will share as well. at any rate,

yet another for a player in my game. i'm sure that many of you have noticed a lack of "just right" dragonborn pics. i did as well so i made my own.

i started with this guy

used the axe from this ol' boyo

borrowed the bow and quiver from this guy

found the perfect shield,

searched around and found a dragonborn head that wasn't funny shaped.

this one was harder. i had to "rebuild" the stuff under his sword that wasn't there, grayscale background, then recolor, reshape, redraw, etc. and there he is, Dracul, dragonborn paladin of Bahamut

That's the best one yet. The shield is definitely a sore thumb, because it doesn't match the style, but the head is perfect, and everything else works together beautifully.

I haven't done much with photoshop except to change colors of things.

I may try something in the near future, when I get some free time.
These are really good, I wish I had your photo shop skillz.
I have a Deva Cleric/Shaman with not a lot of Shaman or Deva Pictures I started with:

Did not like him bald so I took his hair.

did some color manipulation, then added theses:

added this with some transparency and color manipulation:

put it all on this to serve as a back ground:

for a completed image of Enoch the Cleric/Shaman:
for a completed image of Enoch the Cleric/Shaman:

sweet, thanks for sharing. here's a cookie for being the first to pony up. i really didn't want this thread to be just me (my ego loves feedback but isn't that greedy) i like your choice of pic to start with. i've seen that one around. it's a wayne reynolds from pathfinder if i'm not mistaken. specifically i like that it has enough exposed skin to make the transformation into a deva noticeable. also the hair fit rather well on it's new head.
this one was harder. i had to "rebuild" the stuff under his sword that wasn't there, grayscale background, then recolor, reshape, redraw, etc. and there he is, Dracul, dragonborn paladin of Bahamut

This one is good, there are a few recommendations though:

Do something with the feet. I know it is minor, but dragonborn do have different feet, as it is now, knowing this fact, the picture doesn't look right.

I would stretch the image a bit width wise. Dragonborn are bulkier than humans generally, though you can have a really lithe one of course, but being a paladin you probably have a high strength and constitution.

With the sheild, My recomendation is you put the axe back into the hand where the shield currently is in, find an image of a back of a sheild, and put that on the open hand in the original picture, and add some straps in. The shield will look like a light shield, as it does now, and though you can't see the front, the open hand will represent the fact that with a light shield you can hold an object. Now, put the axe into the hand that the sword used to be in. You're probably thinking that my character is not left handed, will you simply reverse the image. Personally, I think those changes would look less like a photoshop manipulation. Unless of course you have to have your dragonborn facing a certain way. Don't get me wrong, I think you did a great job, but some elements, like the hand holding the axe, just look really fake, which obviously they are.
thanks for the detailed feedback about the dragonborn guys. i'll fiddle with it and repost it sometime. in the meantime, here's another from that same game for another player.

i started with this for a base pic

used the hammer from this

used the shield from this paladin

and then started on the most masive "rebuild" that i have done as of yet. i removed the sword that he was holding in front of him, as well as the dagger on his belt. then i made chainmail out of that little patch of chail sticking out from under his breastplate. Dezen, human warlord was the result. (after the normal color change/grayscale backdrop foo)
Great work! Enjoyed looking at these, especially the pieces that went into the final pic.
okay. here's what i got.

took this guys feet,

also changed the shield a bit, reshaped the hand with the axe, widened the body (which i think worked great, thanks for the recommendation That Blasted Somoflange) what do you guys think now?
what do you guys think now?

Beautiful job.

Honestly, the dragonborn looks great, so much so that I prefer it to any of the published artwork. I think you did a stellar job.

With the guy above, the hammer looks off, probably because of the angle, but there isn't much you can do, if you want a specific hammer. If there was a way to twist it, it would look more realistic.
Beautiful job.

Honestly, the dragonborn looks great, so much so that I prefer it to any of the published artwork. I think you did a stellar job.

With the guy above, the hammer looks off, probably because of the angle, but there isn't much you can do, if you want a specific hammer. If there was a way to twist it, it would look more realistic.

wow thanks for the compliments. as far as the hammer goes, the character just got a new hammer so when i update the pic, i'll change out the hammer. maybe i'll find something to fit a little better, angle wise.
here's yet another for the same game as the rest of these. this one is for a dmpc to replace a pc that is leaving for the summer to be a counselor at a summer camp. (the player not the character)

so i started with this as a base (i love wayne reynolds art)

found a plain old short sword to use (which i altered later)

i used that same "stock" cloak from the first post, and grabbed a brooch from google. (which i can't find the original of anymore)

i then had to build the bag in his hand from scratch, trim off the old cloak, get rid of the dagger on his waste, add some daggers, move the scabbard, un-elf his ears and repair his leg. i think that Tark, human rogue turned out okay.
This isn't completely finished yet because it's eventually gonna be a picture of two (twin) characters together, but i won't get around to finishing it for a while as i'm moving house soon. Besides, if i can get a bit of feedback early then i (hopefully) won't have to revisit it once it is finished

So, here are the two pictures that i used as the base:

I fliped the first image and replaced the skirt with the legs from the second pic. The character is a druid (3.5) that focuses on ranged spells rather than melee so the sword hand needed to be replaced; i pinched a fore-arm from this pic:

Recoloured the legs and coloured the top-half from scratch, and finally; added the last bow from here:

And the final piece:

I can't believe you went from mere sketches to something that badass!
And the final piece:

nice. what program do you use? you have a good hand with a paint tool. you may want to add some dark outlining to the bow. it might help it match up style wise.
I can't believe you went from mere sketches to something that badass!

Thankyou!
nice. what program do you use? you have a good hand with a paint tool. you may want to add some dark outlining to the bow. it might help it match up style wise.

I'm using Photoshop CS3 at the moment, thanks for the compliments I agree with you about the bow; something that will probably take me while, but it's worth it. I really praying that i get a tablet for my birthday this year; i'd be a lot more confident with the brush tool if i could use it more fluently.

If any of you are interested, i have an artwork page at Elfwood Link, The site is currently going through an upgrade, so if the images aren't there on the gallery page, you can still see them by viewing one then cycling through.

Edit: I've fixed the link
Taking my request to a more appropriate thread. Thanks Fragsie!

Fairbanks
Fairbanks, level 5 Human, Slayer (Multiclass: Cavalier) Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort Background: Blademaster (Acrobatics class skill) Theme: Neverwinter Noble FINAL ABILITY SCORES STR 18, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 13 STARTING ABILITY SCORES STR 16, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12 AC: 20 Fort: 19 Ref: 16 Will: 14 HP: 49/49 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 10 [X] Action Point [] Second Wind TRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +10, Athletics +11, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +7, Intimidate +8 UNTRAINED SKILLS Arcana +2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +2, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +2, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5 POWERS Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack Card Link Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack Card Link [] Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort Card Link [X] [X] Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike Card Link [X] Fighter Utility: Duelist's Assault Card Link [] Fighter Utility: Mobile Blade Card Link [] Level 2 Utility: Honorable Challenge Card Link [] Neverwinter Noble Utility: Take Heart, Friend! Card Link Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura Card Link [] Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance Card Link FEATS Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise Level 1: Armor Finesse Level 2:Heavy Armor Agility Level 4: Squire of Righteousness ITEMS Dagger x3 Adventurer's Kit Aecris Black Iron Scale Mail +1 Horned Helm (Heroic Tier) Holy Symbol of Bahamut 1 Opal 73g 145s 50c
Do you take requests?

I have one that I think would be rather simple (at least from my layman viewpoint).

You should post your request on the 'What do YOU think MY character looks like?' thread, it's sticky'd at the top of this sub-forum. If you keep the request pretty simple, i'm sure someone will pick it up (I may have a look myself, but no promises lol, im quite busy packing [or should be]).
here's a pretty simple one that i did for a npc. he's actually that other dragonborn's long lost presumed dead brother.

i started with the dragonborn pic i liked the most at the time that i made this.

used the axe from the barbarian guy in this pic

recolored the parts that i needed to. his scale color being my primary goal, i was basing the character off the silver dragonborn mini from WotDQ. then added the grayscale backdrop (actualy he's the first to get the grayscale treatment) resulting in Radu the Hansome, dragonborn paladin/rogue
so i'm working on one that i could use some feedback on. i'm building a deva. no particular use yet, but i thin kone of my players is going to start playing a deva and i wanted a head start. and if this pic doesn't work i'll just make up a deva npc ;)

so i started with this

i'm using this mace as of right now (thank you paulos) but don't know if i'll end up keeping it.

so i changed the skin tone(s) "cut" in the deva skin markings and worked out some deva white eyes. changed some colors, deleted some stuff, and added the almighty grayscale background...lemme know what you think
so i'm working on one that i could use some feedback on. i'm building a deva. no particular use yet, but i thin kone of my players is going to start playing a deva and i wanted a head start. and if this pic doesn't work i'll just make up a deva npc ;)

so i started with this

i'm using this mace as of right now (thank you paulos) but don't know if i'll end up keeping it.

so i changed the skin tone(s) "cut" in the deva skin markings and worked out some deva white eyes. changed some colors, deleted some stuff, and added the almighty grayscale background...lemme know what you think

I think it looks fantastic. The only thing I would have done differently is size up the mace slightly. It looks kinda small. I'd rather see it with a little more weight to it. Otherwise, it's great. If you end up altering the mace, post it. I'd gladly snatch that one up for my own use.
That's a great job Rune. You're very good at this.

Each one is consistently good, and you keep pumping them out.
After what Runestone Cowboy has done to help me with character portraits in another thread, I feel I should help his thread out a bit too.

Here are some of the 'shopped images I have worked on (mostly for other people). Please feel free to critique them and give me advice on doing things better (I love to learn).

For the sake of expediancy, most of what follows will be quoted from other threads, so there may be some extraneous text. I may clean up the post a little later when I have the time.

Genasi pyromancer Swordmages

All other posters (like Proin) do is find art. I do that, and also edit it to better suit the request. :D
Also, how come I am the only one who ever bothers to center them? They look so much nicer when centered.

The Genasi Elemental Tempest pic was easy enough to modify.

BEFORE
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/GenasiElementalTempest.jpg)

AFTER
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/FireGenasi.jpg)

The Genasi Child pic was easy to convert into an Enraged Fire Genasi pic as well. :D

BEFORE
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/GenasiChild.jpg)

AFTER
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/EnragedFireGenasi.jpg)

The Fire Genasi VS Sahuagin pic needed no editing at all for your character description.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/GenasivsSahuagin.jpg)

ALTERNATIVELY...
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/FireGenasi2.jpg)
This picture used to be an "ice man" holding a greatsword over half of his face (the blade of which reflected his doomed foes).
I mirrored the image (to get a whole symmetrical face) and then changed the color tones from icy blue to flaming red.
It's a shame I didn't save the original to show you. This picture is now unrecognizeable as the original.

:D I find mirroring and color changing are some of the easier things to do with art, though both can be hit or miss with certain pictures. For example, I found a pic of what appears to be an Eladrin wizard with scarring (shown below). I mirrored it twice, creating three different pics--some of which look more realistic than others. I am no good at making art from scratch, but I have become quite adept at editing existing art.

Example Pictures

ORIGINAL
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ScarredEladrin.jpg)

MIRRORED IMAGES
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/DoubleScarred.jpg)IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/DoubleWhole.jpg)

Suddenly, I have three different character portraits--perhaps representing a character at different stages of his career.

SPECIAL TREAT FOR ALL YOU
STAR WARS SAGA GAMEMASTERS!

I am introducing to you a new NPC Star Wars Saga villain for you vicious GMs to torment your players with: The one, the only GRONDO!
(Shown here instead of with the other characters since it isn't a 4th Edition character.)

“The secret to winning a drinking contest? Fill your opponent full of holes!”

Grondo is a truly monstrous site to behold. He resembles a severely scarred slug with a pair of intimidating cybernetic arms ending in military grade weapons. He also has a pair of fusion generators fused to his spinal cord and all manner of metallic hoses and devices brimming from his backside. His scarred visage and his one remaining eye tell whole stories of his tragically violent history.

Grondo is a loathsome creature that hates all life—especially other Hutt slugs. His hatred and violent tendencies stems from his tragic childhood, which was filled with unending abuse and violence (even by Hutt standards). Grondo appears to be a lowly thug incapable of higher thought, but this is merely a façade he puts on to gain an edge in his dealings. When it comes to his employers, Grondo is an extremely loyal soldier, but he has no compunction against lying to, murdering, or stealing from anyone else (including fellow bounty hunters). Even the loyalty to his employers stems more from a desire to continue a steady paying employ than it does from any real moral or ethical beliefs.

As a worm, Grondo’s father sold him to an especially vile Hutt slug to pay off extensive gambling debts. Grondo’s new master, looking to find a new enforcer and to subdue his new slave’s rebellious personality killed two birds with one stone. Grondo was forced to undergo torturous cycles of cybernetic enhancement surgery—replacing his arms with a pair of powerful E-web blasters—crippling him for life. This debilitating change when combined with the routine beatings and abuse by his master and his associates caused Grondo to develop into a most loathsome creature incapable of feeling positive emotions.

During a heated firefight in his master’s cantina Grondo snapped under the pressure and went psychotic—slaughtering every living creature in the cantina—including his master. The murder enraged many of his kin and having earned their enmity Grondo fled his homeworld to avoid the many bounty hunters that were hired shortly after his master’s murder.

Grondo’s next move surprised everyone. He made his way to the heart of the offices of the Bounty Hunter’s Guild, joined up, and promptly slaughtered every bounty hunter who had taken up a contract against him. Since then, he has built up an extremely sinister reputation for accomplishing jobs quickly, efficiently, and messily. Potential employers long ago stopped hiring Grondo for bounties that require live captures or minimal collateral damage. Because of his extreme hatred for his own kind, Grondo never takes up contracts from Hutts. Conversely, he jumps at the chance to take bounties against his own kind and has been known to do so at a discount.

I designed Grondo in the old Revised edition days and later updated him to Saga Edition rules. I spent over a year looking for an appropriate picture for him, but you know what? Finding a cyborg hutt with E-webs for arms is next to impossible! After a full year of searching I was able to find a picture called Mancubus (shown in the sblock below). Originally, I just cropped off the legs and used it as it was. Now that I have some cool new art software though, I was finally able to make Grondo like he was always meant to be: a truly horrendous monstrosity of a hutt slug.

Mancubus, the soon to be Grondo

ORIGINAL ARTWORK (Mancubus)
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/Mancubus_by_ariokh.jpg)
Original Artwork by the talented Ariokh

MODIFIED ARTWORK (Grondo)
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/Grondo2.jpg)
Modified Artwork by Juddson S. Ivines

Here are some more of my old works (some are better than others) with even more extraneous text.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/FlailElf.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/SpearElf.jpg)
You are certainly a hard one to please Mr. Pagoda.

Certainly one of the silver-haired eladrin/elf pics I posted above would fit your bill?

EDIT: Oh, sorry. All of my SILVER-haired eladrin are in the other thread.

Here you go. A cool picture that I modifed for someone else. See the sblock below for the original.
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ElvenNoble.jpg)
(That's not a staff in his hands, that's just a really long rod.)

Eladrin? Check.
White Hair? Check.
Blue Eyes? (You can't really see them so I guess...) Check?
Blue and White Robes? Check.
Leather Armor? Check.

[sblock=New Elven Spearman Pic]IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/aow_whitelion_1.jpg)IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ElvenNoble.jpg)IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ElvenSpearman.jpg)

[/sblock]

Guess I was a little off on my description of the original. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Feel free to use the middle picture as a wind or watersoul genasi if you want. :D

Via private messeges, Zousha_Omenohu requested that I take this picture...

IMAGE(http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/179/a/5/Anduin_Lothar__Lion_of_Azeroth_by_pulyx.jpg)

...and make it into a paladin of Pelor. More specifically, he asked that I take out the baby in such a way that would not leave the knight's arm in an odd position. He also wanted me to make the knight's hair dirty blonde--kind of like a lion's mane. Though he didn't specifically request it, he also mentioned that his character (that the portrait is for) was young, so I also took the liberty of removing the aged wrinkles in the knight's face.

The end result was this...

IMAGE(http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/179/a/5/Anduin_Lothar__Lion_of_Azeroth_by_pulyx.jpg)IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/PaladinofPelor.jpg)

A youthful paladin of Pelor bearing a holy relic of his diety.

I shamelessly stole the relic from Pelor himself by the way... :D

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/Pelor_p90.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/FlailElf.jpg)

Last one for today (but plenty more to come later).

Sure thing.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/WarforgedDarkPactWarlock2.jpg)

I had to start all over from scratch. First, I had to section off his robes from the rest of the pic since global color changing techniques kept screwing up the picture. It's easy to do, but it takes a LOT longer. Second, I threw in the hammer. Sadly, the hammer kept running off the frame, so I had to artificially extend the canvas to fit the entire hammer (if you pay real close attention, you will see that the left side of the picture sticks out nearly an inch more than the original). Finally, I then had to fill in the extra canvas with the background color and fog effect.

Hope you like it. Approximate time: 1 hour.

I could add two sword blades sticking up from either side of his back to make it appear he is carrying a two-bladed sword, but in all seriousness, who carries a double-bladed sword on their back unsheathed?

I dunno, maybe I can find some cool sheathes to stick on there. I'll have a look around and see what I can do.

EDIT: Done. Now, he is dropping his bow with one hand while using the other tor draw out his two bladed sword (which is currently still sheathed). Oh yeah, and he is spinning rapidly while he does so to throw his opponents off guard. ;)

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ScaryDrowArcaneArcher2.jpg)

Approximate Time: 15 minutes. Hope you like it. :D

This is as dark as I could get it while maintaining some detail. It's kind of a charcoal brown I guess.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/reaper_det01.jpg)IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ContrastingRanger.jpg)

And his cloak must be magical because of the way it just seems to absorb light, rather than reflect it. I mean, he looks like he's in the shadows even though he's standing right out in the open on a bright sunny day.

Just for fun, I took your drow and turned her into an elf with attitude. :D

BEFORE
IMAGE(http://media01.cgchannel.com/images/gallery/2231/112/fullimg.jpg)

AFTER
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ElfwithAttitude.jpg)

Also, Dunamin, if you find a portrait of a black hero that you like, but he doesn't have a spear (or some similar problem) just let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Wow! I just realized I alone make up a third of the posts in this thread. I've been busier than I thought.

Via private messege, Demetri Knighthawk requested that I take this picture...

IMAGE(http://www.swagonline.net/files/images/1335.preview.jpg)

...and remove the bandoleer and the bowcaster (the shoulder crossbow/rifle) before spreading the orbalisk armor (those bug things) over his entire body with the exception of his head. Unfortunately, I don't do well with sketches and I was forced to turn down his request (since the end result would just look like crap anyways).

In hopes of making it up to him, I pieced this picture together using pieces of orbalisk armored warriors and wookiee soldiers...

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/OrbaliskWookiee.jpg)

When you get around to seeing the pic, DK, I will be happy to make adjustments to it if you like (such as switching out the lightsaber for a ryyk blade).

But...but...this one has scale mail. Why did you say afro if you meant dreadlocks?

ATTEMPT #2
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/AfroWarrior2.jpg)
Changed the buckles holding the spear and tried for a better-looking afro.

Any better?

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/OrbaliskWookiee2.jpg)

1/3 Sith, 1/3 Orbalisk, 1/3 Wookiee with training in Klingon swords. Nobody is going to be able to touch this guy. :P

I love #2's shield and #4's face paint. I prefer pictures that aren't so sketchy or cartoony though.

And no, you may not go next. :P

Never again do I want to see such a complex request.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/BugbearLightningGod.jpg)

Oops! I forgot the shield.

IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/BugbearLightningGodwithShield.jpg)

thanks for the posts ravingdork. the more the merrier. i enjoy getting a chance to check out other peoples work.
here is another simple one for a dmpc

started with this guy

imported the quarterstaff from this block

used this orb with a little color alteration

i then switched out the horns (i like tiefling horns curled not pointy) removed the dagger from his hand (had to rebuild the stuff under for the first time if i remember right) skin to red, grayscale background, Melech, tiefling wizard

I did this one just last night for one of my fellow players.

Old Republic Trooper

ORIGINAL GREEN ALIEN
IMAGE(http://www.swagonline.net/files/images/mirialan_by_artbytravis.preview.jpg)

ARKANIAN OFFSHOOT OLD REPUBLIC TROOPER
IMAGE(http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Ravingdork/ArkanianOffshoot.jpg)

Removed facial tattoos, bleached hair and face, changed the colors of the outfit, and warmed up the picture a bit.

Bleow i'll post the mods i've photoshopped for people on the other thread.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/request_03.jpg)
  • Added more hair, and greyed it.
  • added staff and lightnng effect.
  • added cloak
  • changed colours

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/request_03.jpg)
  • Lengthened hair.
  • added glaive.
  • changed colouring.
  • added scale texture to armour.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/request_04.jpg)
  • Changed skin colour (was a darkelf) and coloured in midrif.
  • Changed colouring of clothes.
  • added dagger.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Request_07copy.jpg)
  • Added elf-ears.
  • changed hair colour.
  • Added greatsword.

Show
For one of my PC's:
OriginalIMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/half-elf_druid1.jpg)
Final PieceIMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/AdriaNighteyes.jpg)

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Sil.jpg)
Also for a PC:
  • Elf ears and pony-tail added.
  • Removed weapon and rebuild wrist/fist
  • added ki-fire,
  • changed colouring.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Gnomemage.jpg)
  • copied magical effect from one hand to another.
  • Changed colouring of clothes, hair/beard.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Request_08copy.jpg)
  • Changed armour to look like bone (was dark iron).
  • added a second eye and mouth grill in the helmet
  • lengthened the spike on the axe.
  • Changed under-armour from leather to chain.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/request_09copy.jpg)
  • Changed hair from brown to white, skin paler.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Lori_1.jpg)
  • removed wings & rebuilt backround.
  • changed skin colour to red.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Garriesswordmagecopy.jpg)
  • removed sword and added glaive.
  • removed hair and genasi'd up a notch.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Request_11.jpg)
  • Removed magical effect from hand, changed colouring (added all the blue).
  • Added arrowhead symbol to buckles.
  • Added silver flame motif to tabard.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Request_13.jpg)
  • Added greatsword
  • changed skin to very dark tone and added skull tatto to face.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/Request_14.jpg)
  • Changed colouring to reds and whites.
  • Removed hilt from sword to make it look like a mace.
  • Added knight symbol to chest.

Show
IMAGE(http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z308/fragsie_babes/CheysuliNeo.jpg)
  • Removed 3rd horn from forehead.
  • Changed hair to purple and earings to green.
  • Shortened nails.
Fragsie, you're english? ravingdork, your first name is juddson? i don't know if i want to post a homepage now or not. it seems that you find out unexpected things about fellow posters. and i don't know if i want to be unexpectedly found out. not that i have anything to hide mind you...
Fragsie, you're English? RavingDork, your first name is Juddson? I don't know if I want to post a homepage now or not. It seems that you find out unexpected things about fellow posters. I don't know if I want to be unexpectedly found out. Not that I have anything to hide mind you...

What does a homepage have to do with personal information? Just don't tell anybody/post about yourself and you should be fine.
What does a homepage have to do with personal information? Just don't tell anybody/post about yourself and you should be fine.

the only thing like a homepage i have is my myspace. but i'm not really concerned about personal info being known. it just struck me as interesting that the facade of screen names is so shallow
Runestone, how do you cut things out of the background so cleanly? Whenever I try to do it there is always some "residue" left over around the edges of the cutout. When I try and clean it up, it having been cutout looks even more obvious with many pictures.

What's your secret? Which programs/tools are you using?

I am using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and the background eraser tool/layer tools.
I am indeed english/british, how did you know?

As for cutting things out, if it's something especially detailed or awkward, i use the EZ Mask plugin for photoshop Link, it's very effective
I am indeed english/british, how did you know?

As for cutting things out, if it's something especially detailed or awkward, i use the EZ Mask plugin for photoshop Link, it's very effective

My program seems to have masking capabilities built in already, I just haven't learned how to use them.
My program seems to have masking capabilities built in already, I just haven't learned how to use them.

So does photoshop, what this plug-in does that's special is; you roughly mark what needs saving, what doesn't and what you're not sure about, click ok, and it finds the edges and blends them slightly with your new backround to make it look like it belongs there. You should be able to find something similar for paintshop.
Sign In to post comments