I want to make an openly Gay Villian.

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
Somehow I got the strange idea once and I am coming to a point where I can use it in my game:

Hydra is the honnorific title for the dragonborn warlord, leader of the "hundred heads" (a Tiamat worshiping army), And one of the scenes I want the players to walk in on is:

"As you enter the renovated temple, there are many tables, benches, and beds, all around you find only dragonborn men and women socializing in seeming equal status. At the far end of the room where was once a statue of bahamut is now a stone throne with a heavily built dragonborn in his scale armor with 'roman' skirt. On either side of this leader stand a slippery looking archer, their crossbows trained on you but their eyes cast down at the king, or more precisely the silkcovered body servicing the king on its knees. The leader hold up a hand for the party to stop as his body tightens up to release a mighty roar of domination with wings unfurled as the servant makes a choking sound, behind and around all other dragonborn cheer in salute as the silk wrapped dragonborn rises up to be an even larger male than the king but dressed as a harem attendant. As the servant takes a submissive seat below the kings side, softly nuzzeling and kissing his leg, the leader becons the party closer without even bothering to cover himself up. "Greetings 'heroes'."

My question is if the villian can still be taken serriously if it is already acknowedged to be gay from the onset in a dominant role?

Also if it is revealed that the harem attendant is the true leader and has his servant pose as the king, is he still as intimidating if he is a socialy submissive gay?
sure, if it's cool with your players.

personally, i wouldn't think about it any differently than any other villain, however your players may be the kinds of people who just snicker the whole time because the bbeg "hearts the ****"
Show
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
What Clan are you? There is no equality. There exists only equity.
A villain's sexuality doesn't change their villainousness, at least as long as you don't make a big deal out of it. So the PC have just witnessed the king getting a **** from his male servant. That doesn't make him any less intimidating. And if they find out that the real king was actually the one giving the ****, then they should feel the same sort of feelings they would had the same scenario had a heterosexual cast. This scene just reveals a bit about the guy, nothing more. It would only become a problem if every time the PC's encounter him his sexuality is emphasized. Dropping the big reveal that the big bad is gay will at least interest the players, or possibly repulse them if they're particularly immature, but belabouring the point that he is gay afterwards will only get annoying, or worse, make the villain seem comical, which is what you're trying to avoid.
"As you enter the renovated temple, there are many tables, benches, and beds, all around you find only dragonborn men and women socializing in seeming equal status. At the far end of the room where was once a statue of bahamut is now a stone throne with a heavily built dragonborn in his scale armor with 'roman' skirt. On either side of this leader stand a slippery looking archer, their crossbows trained on you but their eyes cast down at the king, or more precisely the silkcovered body servicing the king on its knees. The leader hold up a hand for the party to stop as his body tightens up to release a mighty roar of domination with wings unfurled as the servant makes a choking sound, behind and around all other dragonborn cheer in salute as the silk wrapped dragonborn rises up to be an even larger male than the king but dressed as a harem attendant. As the servant takes a submissive seat below the kings side, softly nuzzeling and kissing his leg, the leader becons the party closer without even bothering to cover himself up. "Greetings 'heroes'."

. . . Okay, I had to read this a couple of time to finally get it, but are you suggesting that the players are walking in on the leader giving somebody a blow job in public? . . . I don't feel like that's appropriate for any villain, no matter his or her sexuality, but maybe that's just me.

My question is if the villian can still be taken serriously if it is already acknowedged to be gay from the onset in a dominant role?

Also if it is revealed that the harem attendant is the true leader and has his servant pose as the king, is he still as intimidating if he is a socialy submissive gay?

That depends entirely on the maturity of your group. However, if you have doubt about it, I'd suggest something a little more subtle than having him sucking a guy off when they meet him.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive because I myself am gay, but public oral doesn't sound like a very positive portrayal. If you play your games with that kind of degree of sexualization otherwise, then by all means go for it, but if the sexualization here would be out of place in the campaign, I'd advise against it and again suggest something more subtle...

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
This is true, Crimson Concerto. The key to getting your players to be mature about sexual situations in your game is to make sure the sexual element doesn't stick out like a sore thumb...or any other number of things that stick out.
if i were a player in your game the homosexual activity would not faze me. but that isn't to say that i would not be fazed. because 1:as the dm you would likely be a friend of mine 2: you bring sex into gaming would wierd me out a little and 3: i assume that you would be acting out the dragonborn's orgasm, really weirding me out.
it's like when my character goes to a bar and tries to pick up on ladies and my dm (a man) role plays the ladies flirting with me. so in reality, me and my friend are pretending to be other people and flirt with each other. no fun...
i say all sex "off camera" in dnd.
but that's just this gamers humble opinion.
Hmm, maybe have the bad guy give a dirty/sultry/sexy look to one of the male characters. Let teh character walk away thinking "Wait, was he coming on to me?" Give them something to really make him memorable, and if you doubt your groups maturity, that would be much more subtle than "You walk in and see a dragonborn recieve bj...from a guy."

for teh record, I got no problem with gays, but the whole scenario would get me to snicker a bit, and cause a few one-liners to come out that me and my characters are prone to
I don't think the villian being gay would be any less intimidating. Personally, I'd be more subtle about it as well. The "money shot" was a bit much in my opinion (gah, I couldn't find a way for that not to sound bad) but maybe having them find him laying with male servants or something similar could be in order. Shock isn't always about what you see, but what you think you are seeing. Just my opinion.
Thank you all for the very consice and mature responses.
Hehe this sounds like a BBEG in a more comedy flavored campaign. Nothing wrong with gays, but I often have to think about those extravagant bastards in those idiotic parades who give gays in general a bad name. So when picturing the described scene I see:

An extravagantly gay dragonborn with fairy wings in a Scottish skirt (Kilt) or tutu who is receiving a blow job letting out a very high pitched roar (lack of testosterone does influence voice) as the party of adventurers enters. The one giving the blow job then uses one of those french Renaissance handkerchiefs to wipe the dragon goo from his face which has a little birthmark speckle. This all taking place in some lair with '70s decorations and the two guards wearing really wrong and really tight leather armor. To make it even more funny is to equip one of them with a whip. Perhaps have a group do the YMCA in the background as well.

Really...I can't take such a BBEG serious no matter how threatening he truly is. I'd probably knock them all out cold and capture them. Then set up a traveling theater/parade with them as the main act...and they just have to be themselves without acting. Not a bad way to make money of a BBEG.

The honorific title "Leader of the 100 Heads" will get a different meaning then what you're aiming for as well then.

So if you want to play a gay BBEG...play it like any proper gay in society. They're not the extravagant types who constantly shout for attention like a bunch of *****es. Except for the way they dress, use their body language you hardly even know they are gays. And it isn't like they come onto anyone of the same sexe so if you want to flirt with a player character then make sure it is justified as "teasing" or find a proper motivation why your BBEG might be attracted to an adventure he/she just met and doesn't really know that well. Perhaps he likes the determination of coming this far etc.
I think an openly gay warlord villain can work perfectly well. Just ask Alexander the Great.

As others have said, I think the opening scene being public sex is gratuitous, and makes more of an issue of his sexuality than needs be. A kiss/nuzzle from the king's lover would get the same point across, while oral sex in front of a cheering crowd suggests exhibitionism, as well as a sense of depravity or sexual obsession in his followers (is an orgasm really cheer-worthy?).

If the king poses as a servant then he is far less intimidating. It dents his credentials as the powerful leader, perhaps a tactical warlord could be a power-behind-the-throne character sucking up to the king (no pun intended) and making tactical decisions, but I do not see a Tiamat-worshipping king as the type for a socially submissive role - it puts a rather large dent in his authority.
I may be repeating everyone but the level of maturaty in the group would designate how adult you want this whole thing. I have no problem with a gay villian as long as you dont over emphise it to the point of characiture. then it could be insulting. now personally i would be a little uncomfertable about anyone being serviced in that way in d&d no matter who is performing said act. but thats just me, i try to not over sexualize my campaigns.
Perhaps instead have him have a male follower chained near his throne and when they come in he steps down off of it and caresses his cheek and the servant looks lovingly up at him. Maybe even have multiple male followers laying around the throne in harem type outfits to help point it out. This would avoid the obvious sexual tendencies (dominant, submissive, etc.) of the BBEG (maybe leaving those to be discovered in a more private setting like his personal chambers) but should still point out that he is gay.
I had a gay villain in one game. Male drow. The party had been captured and taken before their new master. What they saw was a decidedly dominant male drow with a naked human male on all fours before his throne being used as a footstool. I described the whole ball-gag and S&M get-up just to get everyone's skin crawling. (They thought that their new 'master' was going to be a female drow.) Standing just behind the throne were two younger males, not quite adult. ("They're so much more pliable when you raise them right, hmmm? I can't wait until they've left childhood behind...") Oh, you should have seen everyone squirming!

Fortunately, this was a very mature group and they understood that I was handing them a villain from whom mere escape wouldn't be good enough. They'd have to kill him, and oh did they want to! He kept using phrases like "I'll have to break you horses before you can be properly ridden." Of course, I'd never force such a thing on the PCs, but it gave the session a level of desperation that I haven't seen since.
Disclaimer: I've also used gay good guys, too.
An extravagantly gay dragonborn with fairy wings in a Scottish skirt (Kilt) or tutu who is receiving a blow job letting out a very high pitched roar (lack of testosterone does influence voice)

This is what I was expecting from the OP upon seeing the title of the thread. Kudos for keeping it clean OP.

The quoted material is bigoted and stereotypical, not representative. Captain Jack Harkness is a good mention of an openly gay character who has none of those traits. Although the actor has worn kilts.

For the OP, I want to mention that one way to clearly show the villain is gay is to think of all the stuff you would expect a straight Villain to be doing, and switch genders of any female/male characters. Another way to be clear about the character, and a lot more subtle, is to drop comments in during play.
"The maid stands out in your memory as one of the most unattractive women you've ever seen doing that job."
"The tactician, although short, appears to work out as much as the guards do."
"The King winks at you, as he mentions there are other punishments well-behaved prisoners receive."

Growing aggravated by an online account system whose changes make it harder to access information, while ignoring useful feedback from community members.

Share your opinions here: http://community.wizards.com/forums/102116

http://community.wizards.com/forums/103446

http://community.wizards.com/forums/129986

http://community.wizards.com/forums/102616

I would avoid bringing light to the villiain's sexual preferences unless there's a good story reason for doing it. For that couple lines of flavor text, you risk the players wondering why the Dragonborn villain is gay, and trying to find the evil wizard who corrupted him, et cetera, et cetera.

Since your villain will not likely be entering into a relationship with any of the PCs, his sexual preferences are unimportant. What is important, as far as the game is concerned, is the sexual act in which he is engaged when the players come across him. The question then becomes why.

Take the following spin on your scenario into account: What if the villain is not doing this out of sexual gratification, but to humiliate the servant? The villain is making the servant do this because... well, he's powerful and he CAN.

Let's kick it up a notch. What if that servant was actually an unwilling slave? What if it was the NPC the heroes were sent to rescue? What if it was the family member of one of the PCs? All of a sudden, the stakes of this combat just skyrocketed, and killing this guy is going to be a hell of a lot sweeter.

Preferences don't really matter. Gay or straight, he's a villain. It's motivations that matter where villains are concerned.
It's not a problem in and of itself. I certainly have a problem being in a game with that kind of maturity level. The problem is why is it relevant that he is gay and what is the purpose of the scene described?
Of course, I'd never force such a thing on the PCs, but it gave the session a level of desperation that I haven't seen since.

HA! HA-HA!! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!

But more to the point, what in the hell gave you the idea to make a gay dragonborn? Seriously, the mental image conjured up by the OP is more disturbing than most RL gorn.

Also, though I may be wrong, I think having a pinis (damned word-filter) capable of being "blowed" isn't something organisms with scales tend to have.

On another note, if you really want to play the scene over into comedy without using the anachronistic stereotypes Falstyr mentioned, you could have him involuntarily breathe fire into the air when he comes.
Also, though I may be wrong, I think having a [removed] capable of being "blowed" isn't something organisms with scales tend to have.

Nor are mammaries.

Growing aggravated by an online account system whose changes make it harder to access information, while ignoring useful feedback from community members.

IMAGE(http://www.trainfortopdollar.com/trainfortopdollar/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/canofworms1.jpg)

That sums up my thoughts about this thread.
I'd find it hilarious if one of the players 1hkilled him while he was getting it.

NO. Bad idea.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

I question whether someone "socially submissive", regardless of gender or orientation, would ever really advance to a position of power, especially in a militaristic culture. And especially if they would have the respect of their subordinates, if they publicly humiliate themselves by supplicating to a servant, even with the ostensible purpose of deception.

There is a reason Kings, Queens, Emperors/Empresses of ages past and modern political leaders all insist on decorum, protocol, and underlings displaying appropriate levels of obeisance and deferral to them. It's to continually reinforce their role as Alpha.

You can certainly have someone who is sexually submissive, who enjoys being degraded, tied up, used, in private, who is publicly an authoritarian leader.

This isn't even a matter of culture, but goes to game theory and evolutionary psychology. We are pack animals, like chimps and dogs, and social interactions will often carry a degree of status negotiation, where each is trying to reinforce their position in the social hierarchy. Behaviors that emphasize strength, confidence, and aggressiveness will tend to cause weaker individuals to back down and defer, whether in decisions, food, mates, or anything else of value. The respect of the pack/tribe then goes to the stronger leader, who is more capable and effective of getting what they need. This is why women in positions of authority often need to emulate those alpha behaviors.

You'll find many examples in history of gay or bisexual men who attained positions of power (Alexander, several Roman emperors, Popes, Kings), and numerous women who also rose to power. But I think you will find that they were strong personalities who were capable of bending others to their will through leadership and charisma, rather than being passive and submissive people who happened to be assigned power anyway.
As a gay man I have to say that while the idea of a gay villain is ... well, it's actually something I feel rather conflicted about, but generally neutral on so long as the character's sexuality itself is not seen as the cause or a symptom of their villainy. For example, the situation Shifterkitty mentioned above, where the threat of having another male force the characters into a sexually submissive position inspired the players to "a level of desperation that I haven't seen since," is something that I would consider a very poor use of non-heteronormative characters that does nothing more than reinforce the player's negative preconceptions towards homosexuality.
In the OP's example, I have two questions. First, why do you want the villain to be gay? Is it to give him a more interesting, three-dimensional personality? Honestly, in the situation that you've outlined, it seems more like you're using the character's blatant display of sexual behavior that (I assume your primarily heterosexual male) players will find disgusting solely as a means of making him seem like an acceptable target for the players to kill. Secondly, why are you introducing the character's sexuality in such a ... provocative manner? Having the party meet the villain while he is sexually servicing a minion is gratuitous and over-the-top, don't you think?
If you're really interested in having a gay villain who isn't an offensive stereotype, I would suggest going for the Alexander the Great approach: have two warlords who lead the Dragonborn together, both male, who rule together like a king and queen would. Never draw any specific attention to it; simply present them straightforwardly and allow players to draw their own conclusions as they will. They will be much more likely to interact with the villain as though he were a genuine menace to be feared, and less a joke to be laughed at and decapitated.
Personally, I just don't like the idea of a Villain's "hook" being that they are gay.

"Korfax is the butcher of a thousand innocents."
"Arithnos is the demon-summoner that attempts to resurrect the damned empire of Bael Turath."
"This guy is gay!"
Personally, I just don't like the idea of a Villain's "hook" being that they are gay.

"Korfax is the butcher of a thousand innocents."
"Arithnos is the demon-summoner that attempts to resurrect the damned empire of Bael Turath."
"This guy is gay!"

Yeah, when you put it like this, the idea is really offensive. I wonder what other characterization the OP has planned for this villain or if that's just really it...

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
As a gay man I have to say that while the idea of a gay villain is ... well, it's actually something I feel rather conflicted about, but generally neutral on so long as the character's sexuality itself is not seen as the cause or a symptom of their villainy.

I feel the same way.

For example, the situation Shifterkitty mentioned above, where the threat of having another male force the characters into a sexually submissive position inspired the players to "a level of desperation that I haven't seen since," is something that I would consider a very poor use of non-heterosexually-normative characters that does nothing more than reinforce the player's negative preconceptions towards homosexuality.

This, I disagree with. I believe kitty's use to be rather inspired.

To turn the tables on it, would you, playing a homosexually male character, be more or less interested in preventing the villain from winning if the villain was a dominant woman who wished to force you sexually?
Especially if she might be unable to resist doing the same to other, underage characters?

(it's the last part that would have been my primary motivation in kitty's group)

Well, to be fair, a gay villain would be an easy way to make him memorable...

and about the one party that was captured by the gay drow: I don't see it as gay=evil, but more along the lines of a typical straight guy's response. Even if the player doesn't mind gays, there's still the thought of "No way man! I don't give a crap, I ain't blowin no dude!" That doesn't stem from prejudice, but from the thought of doin something he doesn't want to. Just like how I hate chili, while my friends love the stuff, and I'm just thinking "How can you guys eat that crap?!" It's the same thing.
I feel the same way.

This, I disagree with. I believe kitty's use to be rather inspired.

To turn the tables on it, would you, playing a homosexually male character, be more or less interested in preventing the villain from winning if the villain was a dominant woman who wished to force you sexually?
Especially if she might be unable to resist doing the same to other, underage characters?

(it's the last part that would have been my primary motivation in kitty's group)

It's not the same thing. If you did the above example... Real life concerns of LGBT people would make your game have some rather unfortunate implications.

TL;DR You end up saying it's okay to beat up gay people for being gay; even if that's not what you meant to do.
Nothing wrong with gays, but I often have to think about those extravagant bastards in those idiotic parades who give gays in general a bad name.

Speaking as someone who has marched in those parades, I'm having a hard time letting this one go. But I suppose I'll pick my battles.
Speaking as someone who has marched in those parades, I'm having a hard time letting this one go. But I suppose I'll pick my battles.

Good idea, last thing we need is for this topic to close as a political battleground....
Good idea, last thing we need is for this topic to close as a political battleground....

You read my mind.
I think it's the description of a roman skirt and the opulence all around, but my first thought is:

"Hey. It's a dragonborn Caligula."

Beyond that, I don't think his being gay really matters.
It's a great example of a decadent leader (in this case an evil one) who has all the comforts he desires at his beck and call.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

I'd like to have the following question answered regarding this concept.

Is the BBEG's sexuality something that is really needed in the adventure, or is it being used for the typical heterosexual "ewww" response? If it is the latter, I seriously would reconsider your choices. I could think of an example in which I could see it being used to further the story, or at least give more depth, just not as presented.

A borderline primitive tribe of dragonborn, the separation of tasks in the society is divided between the men and the women, each sex doing different but equally important roles. This fact has always created a strain in the leadership, since most cultures are patriarchies, yet the females believe they deserve to lead as well. Suddenly, a new male rises from the tribe, a young but wise beyond his years shaman. Physically he is male, but his preference in mates are for those of the same sex. This unusual orientation has elevated him to a position to be able to perform ALL tasks, and he is seen as a revered and sacred being, transcending the status quo.
Physically he is male, but his preference in mates are for those of the same sex.

See you seem to be confused here. You're either trying to say "He's psychologically a heterosexual female" or "He's gay". I'll point out that both of very very very different things.

P.S. This is why straight people should not try to make homosexual fictional characters.... ever.
P.P.S. That above statement is purposefully over the top.
See you seem to be confused here. You're either trying to say "He's psychologically a heterosexual female" or "He's gay". I'll point out that both of very very very different things.

Quoted for truth.

P.S. This is why straight people should not try to make homosexual fictional characters.... ever.
P.P.S. That above statement is purposefully over the top.

Now now, that's not entirely fair. You might as well say homosexuals should never try to make heterosexual characters, males should never try to make female characters, or humans should never try to make elf characters. It's about insight and maturity. Some people can pull it off well, and I'm fortunate enough to know two of them.

What if instead of showing that he's gay, you show he enjoys breaking people? Perhaps this guy doesn't care if they're male or female, he simply enjoys breaking their will till they do as he wants without question. Maybe he gets rid of them after that, who knows, but I could see a seen like this then.

"As you enter the command tent of the enemy general you're struck by the opulence of it all. Sitting along the sides of a long carpet are the dragonborn officers celebrating their recent victory. All the way down the carpet you see a large dragonborn sitting on a throne flanking the throne are males and females of multiple races all scantily clad and chained to the throne. Two slaves also kneel next to the throne resting their heads along the edges and running their hands along the dragonborn's legs. As you get closer you recognize one of the slaves kneeling to be General Harken of the Sons of Thunder, the man you were sent to rescue."

I think this would set him up as a powerful villain able to break anyone of their willpower.
Now now, that's not entirely fair. You might as well say homosexuals should never try to make heterosexual characters, males should never try to make female characters, or humans should never try to make elf characters. It's about insight and maturity. Some people can pull it off well, and I'm fortunate enough to know two of them.

That's why the post post-script notes that the Post-script statement is over the top.
Well, this thread is now reaching it's "Debate whether or not someone's actually prejudiced or not" and "Try to express your opinion without it sounding bad" phases, so I think we can declare this thread's effective Character Development a solid nil.
Somehow I got the strange idea once and I am coming to a point where I can use it in my game:

Hydra is the honnorific title for the dragonborn warlord, leader of the "hundred heads" (a Tiamat worshiping army), And one of the scenes I want the players to walk in on is:

Showing a villain using his power to force his sexual desires on other characters is a good way to breed hatred for that villain. But I don't think describing the sex act in detail is a good idea, as it gives a far too intimate, awkward glimpse into the villain's intimate life. Find ways to demonstrate that the villain uses his power to force himself on others without doing this. Remember the scene in Kevin Costner's Robin Hood where the Sherriff of Nottingham is seen fondling the clothes of a scantily dressed woman, ordering her to meet him at his room at a certain time to perform favours for him. She is very scared, but it is obvious she will obey him to avoid torture or death. The same technique can be used for homosexual male villains, merely change the gender of the victim. Perhaps the PCs will find him assaulting a male servant (ie. a male servant makes a mistake, so the King kisses him, then beats him mercilessly just as the PCs walk in).

Another thing to consider is, with a villain every aspect of their personality should be leveraged to make them threatening as an opponent. If he is gay, find a way to use that to show how threatening the villain is. A dapper, articulate, yet deadly and merciless personality might fit into this npc. Although that may not suit a racuous dragonborn. The features and traits of a villain affects how he expresses or demonstrates his evil nature as a villain.
TL;DR You end up saying it's okay to beat up gay people for being gay; even if that's not what you meant to do.

You totally miss the **** in there, don't you?

Sign In to post comments