101 Rock Song Characters

84 posts / 0 new
Last post
Neat little idea. 101 characters inspired by popular music.

1. Gideon (formerly Rocky Racoon): LG Paladin. Reformed from a life of vengeance and sin (Song: The Ballad of Rocky Racoon, The Beatles)

2. Drow Dark Pact Warlock with a phobia of the dark. (Song: Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden)

3. Maxwell 'Silverhammer' Edison: Hammer-wielding CE Paladin. (Song: Maxwell's Silver Hammer, the Beatles)
4. A Paladin of the Raven Queen inspired by "March of the Black Queen," by Queen.

5. A Master Infiltrator Rogue inspired by "Killer Queen" by Queen.

6. A Beast Master Ranger who is obsessed with his large cat companion (Delilah, by Queen).

Queen could probably take up all 101 of these...*sigh*
Queen could probably take up all 101 of these...*sigh*

Same with the Beatles.
human defender paladin of pelor-"not ready to die"-demon hunter

human scoundrel rogue-"dirty deeds" AC/DC

emo-half elf warlock-"jeremy" pearl jam
10. Any warlord with the Warmaster epic destiny, really (Indestructible, by Disturbed).
Tiefling Infernal-Pact Warloock, who is very happy with his choice... (Sinner, by Drowning Pool)
Birdies!
LG male human multiclass fighter/wizard/awesome (wonderboy, tenacious d)
yes for the D!

Just for a gag...

Unaligned monk who hates nature- Weasel Stomping Day- Weird Al
low level bard - "Piano Man" by Billy Joel
Blue-eyed human rogue who is somewhat remorseful about having to be the "bad guy" of the party. ("Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who.)
D&D Experience Level: Relatively new First Edition: 4th Known Editions: 4th, 3.5 --- Magic Experience Level: Fairly skilled First Expansion: 7th Edition Play Style: Very Casual
Let's try to get back to numbering these.

15. Crass narcissistic left-handed Bard who plays guitar and hates his fans. "Ziggy Stardust" by David Bowie

16. Fiddle-playing Bard named Johnny who keeps telling everyone he's "the best that's ever been" and has a goal of besting a devil in a fiddle contest. "Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels Band

17. Two young lovers, a couple of Rogues named Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue. They were robbing a house and Billy Joe killed the owner with a crossbow. They took the money and got away but are being relentlessly pursued by Detective Billy Mack. "Take the Money and Run" by Steve Miller Band
16. Fiddle-playing Bard named Johnny who keeps telling everyone he's "the best that's ever been" and has a goal of besting a devil in a fiddle contest. "Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels Band

I actually had this exact character once.
18. A female cleric who hopes to become the pope of her male dominated order. Is a little crazy from trying to prove herself. The Pope with No Name, Rudimentary Peni

19. Many Rudimentary Peni songs could fit a Star Pact Warlock.
20. The Call of Cthulhu (Metallica) fits Star Pact Warlocks perfectly
21. Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is a cool one for Dragonfire Adepts
22. Wenches and Mead (Alestorm) is good for Dread Pirates (or just drunkards and womanizers)
23. Cult (Slayer) might work for Infernal Pact Warlocks
24. Destroyer (Static-X) is always a song I used for Barbarians

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

25. A starlock - The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen
26. Hellock - The Devil is a Loser - Lordi
27. Dwarven Fighter - Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West.
28. The character that says he's good at everything - Good 'Ol Reliable Jake - Evil Dead the Musical
29. The Tragic character that has nothing left to lose but fights the good fight nonetheless - Last Kiss - Cover by Pearl Jam - Song's a tearjerker.
30. The character that knows he's going to die - Carry on my Wayward Son - Kansas
31. For a warlord with a multiclass of bard the Modern Major General Song from Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance.
32. Tiefling Bard -any song song by the Demon Sweet from the Buffy the vampire Slayer episode: Once more with feeling.
33. Nature Avenging Eladrin Ranger - Faerie Raid - Grim Faeries
34. Lyrander Airship Captain, especially if gone rogue - Airship Pirate - Abney Park
35. Razerclaw shifter or Gnoll with clawfighter feat - Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival.

And that's just what played randomly on my playlist. while I typed.
36. Cleric / Warlock - The Serpentine Offering, Dimmu Borgir

Really that whole album works for the concept.
37. Good Aligned Fighter who specializes in Undead- Don't Stop Me Now (Having a Good Time) by Queen

(Ten points to whoever gets the reference....)

38. Any Warlock: Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
39.) Kind hearted Paladin of the Raven Queen (Don't Fear the Reaper - Queen)

40.) Mercenary Warlord who fights in wars only to get paid. (Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello)

41.) A Dragonborn who wants to burninate everything. (Trogdor - Strong Bad)

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

39.) Kind hearted Paladin of the Raven Queen (Don't Fear the Reaper - Queen)

Or Blue Oyster Cult, or HIM, or any number of other bands who've covered that awesome song.
since Blue Oyster Cult did it first, i'm not sure you could accurately say that they covered it.
Actually, my girlfriend and I use this concept to create awesome characters.

I heard Dead Memories by Slipknot and came up with my half-elf paladin's backstory.

She's using You Eclipsed By Me by Atreyu as her narcissistic wizard. (Although, his backstory is nearly a carbon copy of Lestat from the Vampire Chronicles, minus the vampires. She didn't do it on purpose, but she nearly flipped when I pointed it out.)

Anywho...

Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother is an obvious choice for an Artful Dodger rogue.

Sorrow by Bad Religon would make for a decent peace-loving Cleric.

I have an idea forming around a kid from the rough side of town who wants to leave it behind that's inspired by SR-71's Goodbye.
37. Good Aligned Fighter who specializes in Undead- Don't Stop Me Now (Having a Good Time) by Queen (Ten points to whoever gets the reference....)

Shaun of the Dead, specifically the scene in the Winchester with that song playing whilst they kill zombies.
Points please!
Push push lady lightning - high wisdom wizard with thunder wave.

Intergalactic - Starlock

Rock me Amadeus - bard with a keytar

Brass monkey - hard drinking, hairy, womanizing dwarf

The Wizard (black sabbath) - wizard/cleric who fights demons

Living on a prayer - Palidan who used to work on the docks

I put a spell on you (CCR) - Wizard who imposes status effects

Mack The Knife (Frank Sinatra) - Rogue with a gangster background
Shaun of the Dead, specifically the scene in the Winchester with that song playing whilst they kill zombies.
Points please!

Whoa, points given and an added five for citing the specific scene!

Glad someone got that, hehehe...:D

Some number in the forties. An assassin rogue posing as a cleric: Your Church is Red, The Black Heart Procession
Okay, I think we're at 54 now, so...

From The Who's Tommy...

55. The Acid Queen - eladrin feypact warlock paragon multiclassed into wizard for some acid-based powers and burning blizard feat

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

56. For any D&D Character, there is a Dragonforce song that will fit.
57. not D&D, but i have superhero character, a mutant with kinetic energy-fueled superspeed and strength who has a mash-up remix of Break Stuff/Rollin', both by Limp Bizkit for his combat theme song and Handlebars, by the Flobots, for his general music.
58. My Hide Armor-wearing human monster slayer who is actually the rightful king of the land (spear-specialized Fighter) uses Raining Blood, by Slayer, for his theme song.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

59. Charismatic flute playing Tiefling seducer - Devil's Dance Floor by Flogging Molly
I am a: Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin
For any D&D Character, there is a Dragonforce or Nightwish song that will fit.

Fixed.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

since Blue Oyster Cult did it first, i'm not sure you could accurately say that they covered it.

Hence the commas and such, I added at the end that loads of other bands have covered it.

Also.

60. Any race Wizard, I Am The Black Wizards - Emperor.
61. Bard/Rogue who was oppressed by the Japanese - Kilroy from Mr. Roboto
61. Bard/Rogue who was oppressed by the Japanese - Kilroy from Mr. Roboto

Uh, don't you mean Mr. Roboto, from Kilroy Was Here?
62. Invisibility focused Rogue: Nowhere Man by the Beatles

63. ResourceLord: With a Little Help from My Friends by the Beatles

64. Starlock: Across the Universe by the Beatles

-Drillboss
65: Fighter/Iron Vanguard - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

And because it's even easier...

66: Any D&D character with a love interest and something to prove - Hero by Nickelback.
67: Starlock who just wanted to hold (Starlight, by Muse)
68: Stormsoul genasi wizard/blood mage (Bloodtrocuted, by Dethklok)
69: Anyrace anyclass Eternal Seeker (Nemo, by Nightwish)
70: Ghost bard (Phantom of the Opera, the Nightwish version)
71: Paladin of the Raven Queen (Planet Hell, by Nightwish)
72: A knight strongly opposed to being taken alive (Knights of Cydonia, by Muse)
Okay, I'll join in the crazy . . .
:D
73) A shifter longtooth ranger who looks a bit like a boar (Warpigs - Black Sabbath)

74) A Dragonborn that loves his breath weapon (Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull)

75) A rogue who was born in a crossfire hurricane (Jumpin Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones)

76) A bard with gender issues (Lola - the Kinks)

77) A fast moving female elven druid (Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett)

78) A human wizard obsessed with early American novels (Tom Sawyer - Rush)

And that's all I have off the top of my head
65: Fighter/Iron Vanguard - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

Actually, this was the unofficial theme song of my game's first Warforged.
79. Firesoul Genasi- "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen
80. Drow priestess (thinking of their dominatrix appearance) "Whip In My Valise" by Adam and the Ants
81. Infernal Warlock striking out for paradise: Down To The Devil, by Edguy.
82. Evil Cleric - Temple of Syrinx by Rush
83. Warlock with a sense of charm - When Your Evil by Voltaire
84. Wandering Hero/Eternal Seeker/Anything Wheel of Time Related - Wheel in the Sky by Journey
I am a: Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin
A barbarian (or battle rager fighter) who grew up quick and always has to reintroduce himself- "A Boy Named Sue"
One-half of the tabletop gaming news podcast Going Last Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.
TWF Ranger: Raining Blood by Slayer.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.