Help Needed: Guild, Pact, and Character

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help Needed: Dark Pact and D'harc Dus'rook
Faceless Guild

Faceless Guild

A Faceless Guild created in Waterdeep by the King. This guild is filled with people trained to do the dirty work a Knight of Honor would never be caught dead doing. Most people in this guild were Orphans on the street that had no home and would die otherwise. They were given food, water and a place to stay. When they became a Higher ranking within the guild, they were given a name and a Mask and given Paying contracts. When they were taken into the Sanctuary, which is essentially a guild hall, and trained to do what was needed to do.

The the first Guild master was an Ex-General that has taken up service again, but not in the line of battle, but training the young to become Agents for the king. He has enough honor to withhold a Personal code, but he will not let that stop him from doing his duty to protect the freedom of others. He thought the others that and expected them to with hold that to themselves.

One day, the King became Corrupt in power, and was ordering the Guild members to do horrid things. Thing like murder the people who spoke against them, steal things that help no court, and even restrain the freedom of the others within the city. However, the guild refused to do so, instead the planed to overthrow the king and place his Brother, a much more honorable and uncorrupted king, on the thrown. They succeeded, but the original king got away before he was able to face the court. Both the Guild and the Court decided it best that no one outside the court of Guild should know what happened. On that day, the guild made a pact behind the Kings back, that they would follow anyone that was uncorrupted, but would do anything in there power to deny the thrown to anyone that would use it in corrupted ways. Although they made that pact, they would never Kill anyone of royal blood, but leave it to the court to decide the action.

Today, they are looked upon as a normal Thief's guild that follow Avandra and her Teachings. Only the King and the Court know what they really are. The king uses them for work that still Knights world never do or could not do, They Still carry the masks as they did in the day, and they still have the code that they live by. The Current Guild leader, Edward Knight, is an Elderly person that still knows his tricks and is willing to teach them to those for this guild. He still remembers that day to the first Kings Corruption and hopes the day will never come again that it will happen.

Code of the Faceless Guild
1) Never Attack or steal from an Innocent, unless attacked first, then only use enough force to Sub-do them.
2) Follow the Kings orders, unless they are corrupt
3) De-thrown a Corrupted king and help a more Honorable power to rise.
4) Outsides to the guild are aloud refuge withing the guild, so long as they do not learn anything they should not know.
5) Bandits and Thieves outside the city that attack innocents are guilty, ad must be punished, these people do not count for the 3rd Code.

D'harc Dus'rook Character Information

Stats were wold, and Dm gave use level 20 Starting Gold [no free Magic Items]
"I am Beguile, member of the Facless Guild"
D'harc Dus'rook Level 11 Rogue/Warlock + Dagger Master
Medium Natural Humanoid [Fey]
HP 76; Bloodied 38; HSV 19; Healing Surges 8
AC 28; Fortitude 21; Reflex 27; Will 25
Artful Dodger [*]+6 to Oportunity Attacks

~At-Will Powers~
Deft Strike +17 vs. AC
Sly Flourish +17 vs. AC

~Encounter Powers~
Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire +12 vs Reflex
Positioning Strike +19 vs. Will
Bait and Switch +19 vs. Will
Sand in the Eye's +19 vs. Ref
Critical Oppertunist +19 zs. AC

~Daily Powers~
Trick Strike +19 vs. AC
Walking Wounded 19 vs. Fortitude
Knockout +19 vs. Fortitude

~Utility Powers~
Master of Deceit
Mob Mentality
Beguiling Tongue

~Feats~
Pact Initiate
Acolyte Power
Backstabber
Improved Intiative
Far Throw
Clutch of Darkness
Master of Fire and Darkness

~Trained Skills~
Acrobatics (+19)
Bluff (+16)
Diplomacy (+18)
Insight (+16)
Intimidate (+18)
Perseption (+16)
Stealth (+21)
Theivery (+16)

Alignment: Good
Languages: Common, Elven
Deity: Avandra

Str 17 (+3) Dex 23 (+6) Wis 18 (+4)
Con 14 (+2) Int 16 (+3) Cha 23 (+6)

~Equipment~
*Bracers of Infident Blades lvl 16 [+4 Daggers]
*Displacement Armor +3
*Cape of Mountebank +3
*Sandles of Presice Stepping
*Knifethrowers Gloves
*Rogues Belt
*Unfettered Thieves Tools
*Daidem of Acuity
*Handy Hoversack
*x8 Potions of Vitaility

GG - 1000

Dark Pact Crestion

Also, I was wondering abou the Darkpact, I only saw it and it looked good, I was thinking of getting Spitful Glemar and Darkest Mirror. However, I could not find the thing in time because we had to leave. COuld you tell me what it is all about so I dont go the wrong way of Avandras Followings?

Speeking of that, the guild FOllows Avandras Teachings, so it isn't to back, and they dont "steal," they just Liberate Evedince for the king, but if the kings power becomes corrupt, they will no longer follow him and aim to de-thrown him and find a more noble air to the thrown.

Thanks for your help, and for taking the time to read this, it must of been long. Please rply and help me with the Guild, hs Guild name, and the Answer to my Dark Path question.
To answer the question of whether having a Dark Pact would violate Avandra's teachings, I'd say no. Your warlock pact is a tool you use to accomplish your goals, not something that defines you. You could take an Infernal Pact and Avandra would still welcome you in. None of the pacts have anything inherently good or evil about them, just unpleasant. And really, is choking the life out of someone's lungs with a disease any more painful than stabbing them through the lung with a greatsword?
To answer the question of whether having a Dark Pact would violate Avandra's teachings, I'd say no. Your warlock pact is a tool you use to accomplish your goals, not something that defines you. You could take an Infernal Pact and Avandra would still welcome you in. None of the pacts have anything inherently good or evil about them, just unpleasant. And really, is choking the life out of someone's lungs with a disease any more painful than stabbing them through the lung with a greatsword?

to you last question, have you ever had the Black Death? SO ya, I think it would be. However, I was wondering the consept of the Dark Pact, were is there power drived from? If it is bad, something an Honorable Rogue [Agent] would never do, even if they get durty somtimes, then I dont think I might want it and take the star pact instead.
All the warlock pacts have an unpleasant air to them. With the Star Pact, you're essentially pledging alliegance to Cthulhu. With the Infernal Pact you're literally selling your soul to the Devil. With the Fey Pact you're swearing to serve flighty beings who delight in hunting people down with dogs and stealing babies. I don't know all the details, but I believe the Dark Pact is tied to the Shadowfell, which like the Feywild is not neccesarily good or evil.
to you last question, have you ever had the Black Death? SO ya, I think it would be. However, I was wondering the consept of the Dark Pact, were is there power drived from? If it is bad, something an Honorable Rogue [Agent] would never do, even if they get durty somtimes, then I dont think I might want it and take the star pact instead.

ALL the pacts other than the fey pact are inherently "bad" from a mortal perspective.

Infernal - literally a deal with a devil.

Dark - a deal with the minions of Lolth and/or creatures of the Shadowfell

Star - elder beings from the Far Realms. Insanity, cake and Cthullu

Fey - a pact with the creatures of Faerie (Feywild). These creatures are neither good nor evil but are definitely not... "normal" by human standards. Eladrin and elves are odd enough, they have other, stranger, cousins.
So dont take the pact? I mean he is an Agent ofr the king, I dont think he would do anything like that.

Yu guys know any good Classes that rely on Charisma that fits Character flaver?
Even the fey can be bad. Ever read Tam Lin? Or the various changeling stories? The fey do all sorts of cruel things to people simply for their own bizzare amusement. They don't care who gets hurt as long as no one spoils their fun.
So dont take the pact? I mean he is an Agent ofr the king, I dont think he would do anything like that.

Yu guys know any good Classes that rely on Charisma that fits Character flaver?

I'm not saying don't take the pact, just realize that all pacts are somewhat tainted, half the fun is getting around that.

Something I did for an eladrin feylock I'm building is she made a pact on the graves of her parents. Since eladrin are fey it works.

if you're playing a drow then that drow could have made a pact with his ancestors, which would be a dark pact.

Or you could take w/e pact you wanted and have your character balance his loyalty to the king with the need to fulfill his bargain with the creature he created the pact with.

Or you could be a Cha-ladin or a Laser cleric. Or an inspiring warlord. or an artful dodger rogue.
Yeah, what Proin said.
....or an artful dodger rogue.

Ok, I like that part about his Ansestory and how his Parants give him there power, however, that part I have quoted seems to me that you have not ready my OP nor my post about my Guild nor character.

I think the Darklock will be because his Parants watch over him even today and give him powers, even if he is not the norm Drow, he is still there kid and they will protect him.

So what about the Guild and my character, any oppinions on them?
Something I did for an eladrin feylock I'm building is she made a pact on the graves of her parents. Since eladrin are fey it works.

if you're playing a drow then that drow could have made a pact with his ancestors, which would be a dark pact.

Personally I would think that Fey spirits would be inclined to tempt a drow, pulling them back to their ancient roots. These savage forces lurked the feywild while Lolth was still called Araushnee.
So no one has any coments for my characters background, my guild, nor my stuff, I dont know why I bothered putting that part up, most of you guys skipped it.
To be honest, I don't know enough about the stuff from the FRPG to tell you anything useful.
To be honest, I don't know enough about the stuff from the FRPG to tell you anything useful.

Thats ok, but you got anything for the guild? Like a Name or somthing? I mean somthing better then the Faceless Guild which I am about to put up in this thread. Well, hopefully it is good, it'll be up right after the spellcheck.
How about something like the Velvet Gloves, since you handle tasks that require more subtlety than the king's iron fist?

Or would that be an inaccurate representation?
So no one has any coments for my characters background, my guild, nor my stuff, I dont know why I bothered putting that part up, most of you guys skipped it.

I did read the rest of it. and a rogue is the ultimate handy man, every king is going to have a vertible army of them, especially as part of what amounts to his very own SpecOps.

as for the rest of it... well, it's not canon, so there's nothing to base it on. The implication is a secret orginization of hybrid FBI/CIA/Navy SEALS operatives that are so secret no one else knows about them. Would such an organization even have a name? Or would they simply be reffered to in hushed tones by monikers such as "The Institute," "The Agency," "The King's Men," or "The Shadowed Ones"?

As for background... you want to play a drow... great... now pick a class and/or pact and maybe we can get a background going. We're not mind readers and, no offense, but your english isn't the greatest. It's a little difficult to understand everything you want.

[edit]you seem confused on what an artful dodger rogue is. it is not a background, it is a class build for a rogue that focuses on dexterity and charisma. which seems to be what you are looking for. a charisma based character.
I'm not saying don't take the pact, just realize that all pacts are somewhat tainted, half the fun is getting around that.

Or you could take w/e pact you wanted and have your character balance his loyalty to the king with the need to fulfill his bargain with the creature he created the pact with.

Or you could be a Cha-ladin or a Laser cleric. Or an inspiring warlord. or an artful dodger rogue.

I did read the rest of it. and a rogue is the ultimate handy man, every king is going to have a vertible army of them, especially as part of what amounts to his very own SpecOps.

as for the rest of it... well, it's not canon, so there's nothing to base it on. The implication is a secret orginization of hybrid FBI/CIA/Navy SEALS operatives that are so secret no one else knows about them. Would such an organization even have a name? Or would they simply be reffered to in hushed tones by monikers such as "The Institute," "The Agency," "The King's Men," or "The Shadowed Ones"?

As for background... you want to play a drow... great... now pick a class and/or pact and maybe we can get a background going. We're not mind readers and, no offense, but your english isn't the greatest. It's a little difficult to understand everything you want.

[edit]you seem confused on what an artful dodger rogue is. it is not a background, it is a class build for a rogue that focuses on dexterity and charisma. which seems to be what you are looking for. a charisma based character.

My character is an Artful Dodger Rogue and I have desided to make him a Fey Pact. I know it is not a background, but I need help with it, and when I said if anyone had any advise for a Cha based thing, you said what my character was. That why I didn't think you read it. Sorry for the missunderstanding. I should have read it better and been more clearer.

As for the background, I have an Idea and wil put it up soon, I hope it goes well, wish me luck [i've been having Rotten luck these past days.]
OK, what I had sucked and seemed to make my eye's vomit. So here is the basic Idea, could you guys help me with the background? Just PM me if you can please.

* D'harcs Parents Murdered by someone
* Swore on the Graves of his parents to find his Murders and kill them
* Became a thief to survive, stealing nothing more then what he needed to survive.
* Faceless guild came and offered him protection for his services.
* Became a skilled Dagger Master after training with the Guild
* Because of his Persuasive personality, his name was Beguile and awarded his mask
* Today
OK, what I had sucked and seemed to make my eye's vomit. So here is the basic Idea, could you guys help me with the background? Just PM me if you can please.

* D'harcs Parents Murdered by someone
* Swore on the Graves of his parents to find his Murders and kill them
* Became a thief to survive, stealing nothing more then what he needed to survive.
* Faceless guild came and offered him protection for his services.
* Became a skilled Dagger Master after training with the Guild
* Because of his Persuasive personality, his name was Beguile and awarded his mask
* Today

alright:

D'harc was raised in [insert name of city]. Until about the age of 14 he lived a normal, happy life. What he didn't know is that his father was actually a spy for [insert D'harc's future employer here]. The counter-intelligence agents of [name of country D'harc grew up in] discovered his father's activities and had him and his wife murdered. D'harc was able to escape because he was out fishing in the countryside with his Unlce. When he returned and found his parents dead, and he and his uncle were attacked as well. His uncle sacrificed himself so that D'harc could escape and told D'harc to make his way to [city in country of future employer].

D'harc fled and became a thief in order to survive. He used his charm to avoid fighting where possible but was not afraid to use his dagger when neccessary. In fact, he became quite skilled with the dagger.

[multiclass feylock]One night while traveling between cities, still trying to make his way to [city in country where he gets employed], D'harc experienced an event that further changed his life. D'harc chanced upon beautiful, naked women dancing in a circle, eldritch energy hanging in the air. Rather than fleeing as he ought he stayed, and who could blame him? He was fourteen and a bunch of hot women were in front of him. One saw him and invited him to dance. Naturally he took the invitation. After a long night of merriment he went to sleep. When he woke up it was to find that winter had set in and a full four months had passed. He also had been touched and had strange powers.[/multiclass feylock]

D'harc had many encounters with the counter-intelligence agents of [country where D'harc was raised]. Sometimes he barely managed to survive, but through some twist of fate would rise to the top.

When he finally arrived in [city] he was recognized by one of his father's compatriots and taken in to the fold, as it were. There he learned greater skill with the dagger, and was sent on dangerous mission after dangerous mission for king and country.

His personality [feypact]and fey-powers[/feypact] won him the moniker "Beguiler," one that he wore proudly.

the [feypact] stuff is if he multis feypact (obviously). And that's my "I have 10 minutes before I can go home so I'll do this to kill time" background for your character. Hope you like it.
Wow, thanks man, I really couldnt have done better even if I tried. My skill's are with shapes and not words, when I get the scanner working, i'll send you the pic [I'm ganna use photoshop to add color.]

Thanks again for the help, I'll make sure to use it acordingly. That was with 10 minutes too, wonder what you could to with an hour [Head explodes from thinking of the asumeness]
Wow, thanks man, I really couldnt have done better even if I tried. My skill's are with shapes and not words, when I get the scanner working, i'll send you the pic [I'm ganna use photoshop to add color.]

Thanks again for the help, I'll make sure to use it acordingly. That was with 10 minutes too, wonder what you could to with an hour [Head explodes from thinking of the asumeness]

edit it five thousand times for perfect word-flow and sentence structure.

it honestly wouldn't get too much longer.
edit it five thousand times for perfect word-flow and sentence structure.

it honestly wouldn't get too much longer.

It's still good. If I could trade my talent with art for Stroy wrighting, I would do it in a hearts beat, I mean come on, who doesn't want to wright good character backgrounds for fun [you could even make a story book with the game your currently in ^^]

Oh, also, just found out somthing after re-reading this, the Faceless guild is not Not known, just beleaved to become a guild of mersonaries. after the "death" (as the people were told) of the former king.

~Edit~
I just thought of somthing, what if there was a special someone in my characters City? Like before he was ran out of town? That would be cool, right?
Depends on what that special someone means to your character and how you plan on incorporating it into your character.
Depends on what that special someone means to your character and how you plan on incorporating it into your character.

Well, he was 14 before he escaped, maybe he had a Good Friend that happened to be female and something happened befoe somthing got going. And not she is the head of the gang that killed his parants? Oh, also I desided to go eith the background in the Forgotten Realms Players Guide. The name escapes me, but it's once grate city that has become a cesspool of crime.
You mean Luskan? That place has always been a cesspit.
You mean Luskan? That place has always been a cesspit.

I guess, in the FR book, it said it was a Once it was a great city, so I thought that is was a great city that desended into chaos becomes of gangs, and the rule of the gang is never long.
Luskan has been a den of thieves and pirates from the beginning, even with the unscrupulous and sinister Arcane Brotherhood. I don't know if they're back in power after the Spellplague basically nuked the place.
Ya havn't read it, only read that gangs run it, and not one gangs has it for long.

What about Dragonscoste, how bad is that place?
You mean The Dragon's Coast? I'm not sure. You might have better luck asking on the FR boards about this sort of thing.
You mean The Dragon's Coast? I'm not sure. You might have better luck asking on the FR boards about this sort of thing.

Luskan is in the same boo, and yet you know more about it then me, is that because it was in 3.5 and Dragon Coast wasnt?
Luskan is in the same boo, and yet you know more about it then me, is that because it was in 3.5 and Dragon Coast wasnt?

Dragon Coast was in 3.5e Forgotten Realms, too.

But his point is that there are people on the FR boards that *KNOW* the Realms, as the githzerai would say. Far better to ask there.
Dragon Coast was in 3.5e Forgotten Realms, too.

But his point is that there are people on the FR boards that *KNOW* the Realms, as the githzerai would say. Far better to ask there.

Lol, ok, I'll ask there and get the best Idea for my characters background setting, I want it someplace were there are Gangs and all that good stuff so that his dad wasn't a Spy, just trying to uncover a Gang plan or somthing.
Lol, ok, I'll ask there and get the best Idea for my characters background setting, I want it someplace were there are Gangs and all that good stuff so that his dad wasn't a Spy, just trying to uncover a Gang plan or somthing.

Prison city near Cormyr. Can't remember the name, cesspit of Sharites.

That gives you a link to the king right there.
Prison city near Cormyr. Can't remember the name, cesspit of Sharites.

That gives you a link to the king right there.

oh ya, forgot about something, did you get the PM? How is it? [Just pm that reply to me.]
oh ya, forgot about something, did you get the PM? How is it? [Just pm that reply to me.]

Sorry, I read it earlier but was/still am at work and got side-tracked. By, uh, work :D
Sorry, I read it earlier but was/still am at work and got side-tracked. By, uh, work :D

thats ok, I'm wrighting the background, thanks for giveing me the base by the way. So I really got everything I need exept for one thing.

Swareing revenge for your Ded Drow parants and them giving you power to help you, is that Dark or Fey pact? ^^;;;
thats ok, I'm wrighting the background, thanks for giveing me the base by the way. So I really got everything I need exept for one thing.

Swareing revenge for your Ded Drow parants and them giving you power to help you, is that Dark or Fey pact? ^^;;;

why not?

your character, your flavor, and no reason drow spirits couldn't dark pact with someone.
why not?

your character, your flavor, and no reason drow spirits couldn't dark pact with someone.

Swore I posted here.

What I ment by that is what makes more sence, a Drow Dark Pact or a Fey Origen Fey Pact?
Swore I posted here.

What I ment by that is what makes more sence, a Drow Dark Pact or a Fey Origen Fey Pact?

dark pact if it's drow.
dark pact if it's drow.

Ok, thanks man, I have my character all ready

It's because I've played the Neverwinter Nights computer games, in which Luskan features rather prominently, while the Dragon Coast isn't mentioned at all. I don't have the FRPG yet, so I don't know much more.
Sign In to post comments