What do YOU think MY character looks like?

14809 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wonder if somebody might make her armor and cloak whitish grey. As if she were in a wintry landscape.

Could some remove the broom from this gal:

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Hello Heisenburg

I mean more normal Human iris color (no green), size & form (smaller) and pupils (not slit). 

Something akin to this:

[sblock]

I wonder if somebody might make her armor and cloak whitish grey. As if she were in a wintry landscape.

I was hoping for non-green eyes but this one's okay.  Thanks Funkaphant !
Hello Heisenburg

I mean more normal Human iris color (no green), size & form (smaller) and pupils (not slit). 

Something akin to this:

[sblock]

Most excellent! Now that I see the finished product, I wonder if you could make the fletching on the arrows a crimson color, and the stone on her forehead white as well. Also, why is the image smaller that the original?
Hello my dear picture wizards! I have the following request:

Could you plz remove this belt-like thing with the daggers attached to it (i dunno what its called) and turn his skin/scales golden? thank you!

Most excellent! Now that I see the finished product, I wonder if you could make the fletching on the arrows a crimson color, and the stone on her forehead white as well. Also, why is the image smaller that the original?

The picture isn't actually smaller, it just appears that way in the thread. If you click on the picture then click "View Full-Sized" you'll get the big version.
Well there ya go. Didn't know that. Thanks very much for telling me, and for doing such a fantastic recolor. Much appreciated!

I changed it in the post. She has brown eyes now.

I changed it in the post. She has brown eyes now.

She's perfect. Thanks Funkaphan i really appreciate  
Hello all. First time posting in one of these threads, just needing some assistance.  Will be playing in an upcoming (heavily homebrewed) campaign where I'll be a human, who after a disturbing magical accident, almost died. In order to save his life a Renegade Mastermaker ended up replacing a very large quantity of this guys flesh (and both of his arms) and added adamantine plating as construct grafts. I can't for the life of me find a decent looking pic to use for this guy.

That's where I need the help of classy folks like you. I'm looking for a guy that could totally be based off of the warforged pictured on page 21 of the 3.5 Eberron Campaign Setting, save that he will be wearing pants and boots (blue pants preferably, of the kind you'd expect to see a shirtless wizard wearing,) and would have a completely hairless and a partially fire-scarred head. He'd have no metal from the "collar bones" up and there would be visible human flesh in the left arm pit to the waist on the left side of his stomach, not much, mind you, but some. Also, the left hand (the only one you can really see in the picture, would be a metal-and-wood five-fingered hand.

I've seen the work you all have done previously and am still super impressed. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this.

How's this? I'm willing to paint in changes so let me know what you think. I painted his face to be burned kinda like freddy krueger. What's the character's name? (I need a title)

-Will, Digital Artist

Farewell.to.Kings> Thanks man, you beat me to it.

How's this? I'm willing to paint in changes so let me know what you think. I painted his face to be burned kinda like freddy krueger. What's the character's name? (I need a title)

PS my site is currently down, but I will put up higher res versions of my speedpaintings up there when it's back up. Sorry for any inconvience.

SurprisedDude, are you friggin' serious? That is pretty much EXACTLY what I was talking about. It's like our brains connected for a moment. *tears up.* Thank you! The only thing differentis that I was envisioning a scarring that's not quite so pervasive. Otherwise, perfection has been achieved. His name, by the way, is Syrano d'Cannith.
"...if the Hamburglar came bursting out of your refrigerator right now and started screaming at you in Vietnamese, your first thought would be "This is a strange and unusual event that is occurring right now, and I should question my perceptions." I refuse to play WoW, especially the tabletop version.
Could some remove the broom from this gal:

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

How are you so good? :D

Seriously though, how did you remove the black background? Just erased it manually or is there some trick in photoshop to do it automatically?
So this is my first post ever.  I'm a long time 4e player and member of these forums.  I am just looking for help on an image.  I have a dwarf battlerager fighter with the new earthforger theme.  He uses a craghammer and a heavy shield.  I found an image I like (while searching this thread) but the dwarf has an axe.  Everything else about it is perfect.  Is there anyone out there who can replace the axe with a similarly colored craghammer? Oh and a plain white background is fine.  Thank you in advance!

I recognize that symbol in the corner and I love this persons work but I don't know who the artist is. Do you happen to have a link?

Thank you so much, this is great!

Could you plz remove this belt-like thing with the daggers attached to it (i dunno what its called) and turn his skin/scales golden? thank you!

thank you very much! it looks great!

@Heisenburg thank you for your work, too! you forgot the colouring though^^

thank you very much! it looks great!

@Heisenburg thank you for your work, too! you forgot the colouring though^^

Yeah I realized that after I saw Funkaphant's post! Lol, gotta read the request better next time!

~H
My new character is going to be a desert nomad woman carrying around a Spiked Chain. I found this picture that appealed to me, but I was wondering if anyone could give her a spiked chain instead of a sword

Thanks in advance!

Show

artifexexmachina.soup.io/" width="838" height="1000" />

@Gorbash: Glad you like it. And yes, the background was removed manually with paint bucket/brush.

@Heisenburg: I feel your pain. I can't count how many times I've had to do 2 or 3 revisions because I kept missing part of the request. My gallery is filled with misguided attempts.
Character is a half-orc fighter in Pathfinder.

Has the "Pass for human" feat - he looks more like a tall (6'5") human than a half-orc unless closely inspected. Aged around 27 years. Not huge, muscle-wise. Skin is more tanned than the green commonly associated with half-orcs.

Growing up having to fend for himself, he's bright. I'm building him with a character concept somewhat like Roy Greenhilt from OOTS. He's a fighter with high Int, Str, and moderate Cha. He's going to have some problems with high-minded people who discover he's part orc, but he's quick with diplomatically maneuvering unintelligent beings.

He uses a falchion and has a couple knives at hand if things get too dicey. Medium armor.

My problem is I can't find any half-orc portraits that aren't overboard on the orcish features, or humans who have those slight differences in the ears, etc. Any help?
My new character is going to be a desert nomad woman carrying around a Spiked Chain. I found this picture that appealed to me, but I was wondering if anyone could give her a spiked chain instead of a sword

Thanks in advance!

Extremely awesome, she turned out great! I'll let you know how long she survives ;)

Thanks a lot!

Heroic Dungeon Master
Character is a half-orc fighter in Pathfinder.

Has the "Pass for human" feat - he looks more like a tall (6'5") human than a half-orc unless closely inspected. Aged around 27 years. Not huge, muscle-wise. Skin is more tanned than the green commonly associated with half-orcs.

Growing up having to fend for himself, he's bright. I'm building him with a character concept somewhat like Roy Greenhilt from OOTS. He's a fighter with high Int, Str, and moderate Cha. He's going to have some problems with high-minded people who discover he's part orc, but he's quick with diplomatically maneuvering unintelligent beings.

He uses a falchion and has a couple knives at hand if things get too dicey. Medium armor.

My problem is I can't find any half-orc portraits that aren't overboard on the orcish features, or humans who have those slight differences in the ears, etc. Any help?

A few questions for you. First off, the falchion. Do you want the D&D version of a falchion (essentially a curved greatsword) or something more like the real world falchion (like a mix between a machete and a scimitar)? I guess what that boils down to is 1-hander, 2-hander, or does it matter? Also, it sounds like you've done quite a bit of scouting already. Have you come across anything you like that may be able to be tweaked to get the result you're after? Changing facial features and adding and removing weapons is always a lot easier (and looks better, I think) than adding/removing large chunks of armor and clothing.
I'll keep looking around for an editable image and get back to you. The falchion would be a 2 hander, but beggers can't be choosers. 
Actually, this with the blade made curved and slightly longer would be perfect: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090323081112/forgottenrealms/images/3/35/4e_half-orcs.jpg

And if it's easy, a dagger added to the belt would be great, but otherwise unnecessary.

Thanks so much. 
new guy here so i don't know if this topic is just for altering photos or if i could get someone to draw a fresh pic. im looking for a good drawing of skulltaker from the games workshop web site. can anyone help me out please?
Actually, this with the blade made curved and slightly longer would be perfect: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090323081112/forgottenrealms/images/3/35/4e_half-orcs.jpg

And if it's easy, a dagger added to the belt would be great, but otherwise unnecessary.

Thanks so much. 

Thanks Heaps, Funkaphant!
new guy here so i don't know if this topic is just for altering photos or if i could get someone to draw a fresh pic. im looking for a good drawing of skulltaker from the games workshop web site. can anyone help me out please?

Your best bet is to dig through the art archives (if they have them) on the GW site. A quick Google image search turned up mostly pictures of the painted minatures, but if you don't find anything on the GW site itself you might try digging around on deviantArt... To be honest, though, having seen the guy he's pretty distinctive looking so you're not likely to find anything that looks close enough that's not either official art or fan art.

We're mostly photoshop guys here - Wowen's the only real artist.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Your best bet is to dig through the art archives (if they have them) on the GW site. A quick Google image search turned up mostly pictures of the painted minatures, but if you don't find anything on the GW site itself you might try digging around on deviantArt... To be honest, though, having seen the guy he's pretty distinctive looking so you're not likely to find anything that looks close enough that's not either official art or fan art.

We're mostly photoshop guys here - Wowen's the only real artist.

Yeah, here's a link to a DA piece that may be suitable. If you need something different then feel free to write out a list of specific requirements.
aaronfang-art.deviantart.com/art/DeamonL...

-Will, Digital Artist

I'm really just seeking an apropriate image, I can hopefully do the editing myself (though if anyone wants to I won't say no). What I need in order of priority is:

• A pixie

• Wielding a sword

• Idealy female

• Weidling a wand in her off hand (if possible)

• With butterfly wings

• Her sword glowing with the magic of the noonday sun (she's a Hexblade)

• Dive bombing or in some other bad-arse pose.

Not all the criteria need to be met, but the more that are the better. It's hard enough to find a good pixie pixture so whatever you guys find I'll be greatful for. Thanks.

Quick little repost with more stuff; I know the wonderful Mad_Jack posted some great ones already but none of them were quite there, though if needbe I'll gladly use them. I followed his great advice and had a look through the art for a female holding the stuff I was after and found two goodies.

My preference is for an picture that was actually drawn to be a pixie, same priority list as before, anyone got one?

If not, idealy could someone make this lady look pixie-ish; wings perhaps some context to make her look smaller and change her magic to look more "golden" as if powered by a summer spirit:

If adding wings, making that look pixie-ish is too hard, perhaps this one:

Thanks everyone.

Farewell.to.Kings> Thanks man, you beat me to it.

PS my site is currently down, but I will put up higher res versions of my speedpaintings up there when it's back up. Sorry for any inconvience.

Dude, are you friggin' serious? That is pretty much EXACTLY what I was talking about. It's like our brains connected for a moment. *tears up.* Thank you! The only thing differentis that I was envisioning a scarring that's not quite so pervasive. Otherwise, perfection has been achieved. His name, by the way, is Syrano d'Cannith.

Kay, here's a bit less burns.

-Will, Digital Artist

Hi! I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys. Im playing in an Earthdawn campaign and im playing a windling. It a faerie like creature of sorts. He's an Scout/healer thats always drunk. Blue skin like that of water and even darker blue hair in a ponytail. Im dont have any preference to clothing. But no armor.

I had to come here after a futile attempt at finding this at google.

Drunk blue fairie yields some interesting results there :p

Then i remembered this thread and rushed on over.
Hi the artists...

Could someone help with this new character :
- Remove background
- Remove pandas
- Remove necklace
- Remove small bag with a panda head
-  a light-blue or turquoise skin
-  dark orange or red hair
-  dark blue on yellow eyes

She is a Tangean like Princess Mira Nova from Star Command.
Thank you very much in advance...
Come and see my Star Wars Character Gallery! Please add a comment Winner of You Build the Character #26 Bounty Hunters Winner of YBtC #39 A New Hope
Hi the artists...

- Remove background
- Remove pandas
- Remove necklace

Hi the artists...

- Remove background
- Remove pandas
- Remove necklace

Really perfect! Dreams come true ;)
Thank you again !
Come and see my Star Wars Character Gallery! Please add a comment Winner of You Build the Character #26 Bounty Hunters Winner of YBtC #39 A New Hope

heya guys - I would like to beg some work off you!

I need the right side head cropped seperate and recolored to match the colors of the second image.

*Beg**Beg**Beg**Beg**I'm not worthy**Beg**Beg**Beg**Beg*

Then for the second image I need the far right figure in this image cropped out as well, keeping the background line to the top and right but removing the bottom bit if possible.

Now this last part is tricky and if no one is willing atm I undestand.
I want to add in a type of detective cop style gun harness that wraps the shoulders and holsters the gun to the top left of his chest. And to add in a hard leather style loincloth.
I'd like the style to be in keeping with the above picture and the one below.
Though because of what I am asking - I have been unable to find appropriate images to match - save for perhaps some photoshop magic cutting apart the below image's features to make something new, a feat in itself.

heya guys - I would like to beg some work off you!

I need the right side head cropped seperate and recolored to match the colors of the second image.

Then for the second image I need the far right figure in this image cropped out as well, keeping the background line to the top and right but removing the bottom bit if possible.

Now this last part is tricky and if no one is willing atm I undestand.
I want to add in a type of detective cop style gun harness that wraps the shoulders and holsters the gun to the top left of his chest. And to add in a hard leather style loincloth.
I'd like the style to be in keeping with the above picture and the one below.
Though because of what I am asking - I have been unable to find appropriate images to match - save for perhaps some photoshop magic cutting apart the below image's features to make something new, a feat in itself.

Try reposting the first picture. Nothing is showing up in that first spoiler box. Also what kind of gun do you want him to have holstered?

EDIT: In the mean time, here is a quick take on adding inthe holster and loin cloth
Hi! I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys. Im playing in an Earthdawn campaign and im playing a windling. It a faerie like creature of sorts. He's an Scout/healer thats always drunk. Blue skin like that of water and even darker blue hair in a ponytail. Im dont have any preference to clothing. But no armor.

I had to come here after a futile attempt at finding this at google.

Drunk blue fairie yields some interesting results there :p

Then i remembered this thread and rushed on over.

If you want drunk blue fairies, try searching for artwork of terry pratchett's wee free men - they're stereotypical scotsmen (aside from being blue) in miniature, and they hate being called faeries, even though that's what they are.

--BladeMaelstrom    

switched it to my imageshack - also included a link.

as for the gun - a standard blaster pistol. All it really needs is to have part of the grip showing really.
He may wield a carbine later but for now its just a standard  blaster pistol.

though if we could find a sketchy carbine to place in even just hand - I'd be interested to see how it looks - even if its unappropriate for the character at the moment.

I've been trying to look through other sets of artwork of all kinds for pieces to work with - but have yet to find the same sketchy style with a blaster holstered in the position I'm thinking.

Hmm, maybe I should just look for comic book line art - plenty of normal guns and shouldn't be too different.

EDIT:

Hmm seeing the above post - the loincloth looks bloody awesome. I don't think the holster straps quite fit the image though. The lines dont really mesh, ya now? try it without the box pattern maybe? I love ya to death for putting in all the effort so far btw. *Bows chanting "I'm not worthy"*
switched it to my imageshack - also included a link.

as for the gun - a standard blaster pistol. All it really needs is to have part of the grip showing really.
He may wield a carbine later but for now its just a standard  blaster pistol.

though if we could find a sketchy carbine to place in even just hand - I'd be interested to see how it looks - even if its unappropriate for the character at the moment.

I've been trying to look through other sets of artwork of all kinds for pieces to work with - but have yet to find the same sketchy style with a blaster holstered in the position I'm thinking.

Hmm, maybe I should just look for comic book line art - plenty of normal guns and shouldn't be too different.

EDIT:

Hmm seeing the above post - the loincloth looks bloody awesome. I don't think the holster straps quite fit the image though. The lines dont really mesh, ya now? try it without the box pattern maybe? I love ya to death for putting in all the effort so far btw. *Bows chanting "I'm not worthy"*

Finding a gun you like with the correct viewing angle is more important than finding one in the correct style. Changing the style to the sketched style isn't that difficult if everything else is good.

Hey HEY!. Appreciate the work that Wowen did for me recently, but I was also intrigued by the little blue dragon dude that was recently turned gold. Had some ideas for future kobold characters using the Races of Dragon rules.  Would it be possible to get multiple chromatic and metallic colorizations of that guy? Don't really care about the baldric with the daggers, all of my characters carry at least one dagger.

Much appreciated, all.
"...if the Hamburglar came bursting out of your refrigerator right now and started screaming at you in Vietnamese, your first thought would be "This is a strange and unusual event that is occurring right now, and I should question my perceptions." I refuse to play WoW, especially the tabletop version.
Hello all, I have a humble request.  Could someone please take this image and add the twin cat-tails (black) of a neko-mata to it?  Thanks in advance!

***edited to fix, I hope, image link***
Sign In to post comments