101 Animal Character Themes

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, I was getting bored, so I thought to make this. This thread is to see if
we can make 101+ Animal Characters Like the Weasle or Snake or somthing.
I'll start off.
----------
001: The Racoon: A masked theif, haveing high skill ranks in Stealth and Theivery. They always stick to the shadows and try to avoid notice. If they see somthing "Shiny," they always try to pick pocket it.

002: The Fox - A suductress, easily can get any information on pritty much anything. They have high Charisma along with Diplomacy and Bluff to get the information they want out of you, one way or the other.
003: The Weasel: Possesses strong Bluff and Stealth skills. Always wants the most he can get away with for the least amount of effort. He always expects things for free and likes to distort and twist rules for his own profit. Whines whenever he feels things are "unfair" to him.

004: The Badger: Gruff and tactiturn. He is overly defensive and tends to overreact violently to percieved slights or dangers. Has a large area of personal space and never tries to impose his views upon others. Tends to be slightly more amiable in underground areas than out in the open.
005 Ferret Much like the Raccoon except that he has the ability to randomly pull objects out of his pouch that could prove useful..... or belong to other party members.

Edition wars kill players,Dungeons and Dragons needs every player it can get.

006 Pig/Boar: A tough a strong meatshield with picky eating habits and high Int score.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

007 Bear: A hulking individual, strong in Athletics and combat. Very territorial, but will often try to intimidate an opponent, only charging in if intimidation fails.
We Onlt got 7 so far? Oh man, I was hoping that we'ed get more then that
by now. Ah, how cairs, I got some to add. There some of my favorits too. So
there, we reached 10.
----------
008: The Wolf: Oftain mistaken as a loner, a theme like this has a character with high Charisma, and oftain has High ranks in Intimidate. Despite his fierce reputation, he is very diplomatic. He trys to flank as much as possible.

009: The Raven: Despite his normal reputation, he has a High Intelligence and Wisdom score, maybe Chaisma too. He likes trikes and illutions and like the arcane classes suchs as Warlocks and Wizards.

010: The Hawk: A predtor that favors the bow as a weapon. A Ranged attacker with high Wisdom and Dextarity with a high Perseption skill. He Likes attacking from afar were his enemys cannot see him, but he can see them.
011 Crow: Angsty McAngsterson. Will probably have high Int scores and powers that deal necromantic damage. Also wears black 99.999999999999% of the time.
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

011 Crow: Angsty McAngsterson. Will probably have high Int scores and powers that deal necromantic damage. Also wears black 99.999999999999% of the time.

.... *cough* stareo-type *cough*....
I thought that was what we were doing ?
MTG Card

I thought that was what we were doing ?

Ya, I know, but is that like a character in the game. Like is there acturaly someone in your game nicknamed "The Crow" or somthingof that sort. I should of put here that you describe the characteristics of someone that resembles an animal. Like the wolf is loyal, fierce, and deadly. Kinda like the kight that stands by your side in battle.

So bascly, the Pig/Boar guy you said sounds like a deffender... in a very mean why.
012 The Platypus - Completely unusual, random in both combat and roleplay. Almost always multiclassed. While being, at first glance, useless, it works pretty well.
Show
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Artificer.jpg)
13 The Squirrel *cough * loid - Verry Squirrely. Will constantly attempt to twist the wording of rules to gain extra benefit for his character. Not to mention he's absolutely nuts.

Thanks EL

13 The Squirrel *cough * loid - Verry Squirrely. Will constantly attempt to twist the wording of rules to gain extra benefit for his character.

You forgot to mention that he's absolutely nuts.
You forgot to mention that he's absolutely nuts.

You're right I'll edit that in thanks.

014 The Chicken - Tastes like itself. Usually calm, but when prodded enough times will calls for its brethren to enact the dreaded chicken storm. Has been known to kill a certain reoccurring elf-like creature on multiple occasions.
014 The Chicken - Tastes like itself. Usually calm, but when prodded enough times will calls for its brethren to enact the dreaded chicken storm. Has been known to kill a certain reoccurring elf-like creature on multiple occasions.

Nice one.

You're right I'll edit that in thanks.

Glad to help.

Some characters you don't want to see:

015: The Dragon Dragonborn of any class. Focuses mostly on racial feats. Mentions "Hey, isn't it cool!? I'm a dragon!" at least twice per session.

016: The Cat A furry's character. 'Nuff said.

017: The Prairie Dog Constantly wants to be around others and is comfortable in big groups. This would be fine if he/she didn't run away at the first sign of combat.
Lol, thoughs are good. Even saw an animal I didn't know... Anyone know wtf a Platypus is?

018: The Coyote: A trickter to the end. They love to be rogues, and train bluff. They may be anyoing in any kind of game, but hey, thats what their there for, comical releaf. More then likely, he will take Deadly Trickster Destiny.

0019: The Lion: A symble of hope on the battlefield, they usuraly have high STR and CHA and supporting others. He usuraly is a Cleric or Warlord, or at least has them with a MCF.
Lol, thoughs are good. Even saw an animal I didn't know... Anyone know wtf a Platypus is?

An adorable duck-thing.
MTG Card

Oh, I remeber, it was that on thing this guy said he saw and everyone said he was lieing, and then they found it again. Had some odd features too, a mamale that laid eggs....
And poisonous spikes.
MTG Card

^ I love this thread!!!

0020 THE ELEPHANT: The loyal companion that is very protective (Defender), larger than life, fearless, unstoppable, and... never forgets!!!

Can you hear the silence... so deafening?!?!

^

0020 THE ELEPHANT: The loyal companion that is very protective (Defender), larger than life, fearless, unstoppable, and... never forgets!!!

Until he see's a rat.

021: Rat: The collector, he is the one that with one stop, he could fill a Handy hoversack with all they stuff he has "collected." High Dex, and High Stealth + Theivery and likes to sneak around people.
022 The Mouse: Like the rat, except people like him.
MTG Card

Females lay eggs, the males have venomous spurs on their hind legs, *and* they can find prey by electrolocation... :D

IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Ornithorhynchidae-00.jpg)

23. The Monkey - high Dex and Cha, trained in Acrobatics and Athletics... Definitely a striker, although known more for just jumping around and throwing things than actually hitting. Tactics usually include hiding behind team-mates and screeching loudly in panic, and then chattering incessantly about combat prowess between fights.
Unfortunate genetic tendency to contract Chaotic Stupid Syndrome.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

24. The Armadillo - tough and stalwart, often low to the ground, a born Defender who wears heavy armor with the nonchalance most people wear fashionable clothes. Has a propensity for searching every small nook and cranny, just in case something interesting or valuable might be there.
25. The Owl - a Rogue/Ranger multiclass, striker of the night, a master of stealth. You never see or hear him coming until after he's hit you...probably two or three times. Phenomenal Perception bonuses.
026 The Shark - always maxed out Intimidate and all physical skills. Rarely contributes in roleplay but once combat starts, it won't stop until the enemies are a fine red mist. Massive to-hit bonuses against bloodied foes.
Show
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
027 The Canary - Gifted in social skills, usually diplomacy and bluff. Mostly stands back and cheers on her allies.

028 The Spider - A master of battlefield tactics, as well as political scandals. High bluff checks contribute to social manipulation.

029 The Anteater - Specializes in AOE damage. Not very good about laying the smack down, but can easily take out swarms of minions. Looks a bit like Renee Zelweger.
30:Octopus A two weapon fighting ranger whose arms seem to be everywhere at once when he fights. Is very good at both hiding and swimming. Has a high intelligence score.
31. THE VULTURE: a conniving rogue who likes to circle the battlefield taking quick stabs when no one is looking and then quickly darting away to safety. However, the vulture is always the first to ransack a location and search bodies for loot, picking the corpses clean of anything even remotely valuable. Keep your eyes on this one, the vulture is not particular about who he scavenges, friend or foe.

026 The Shark - always maxed out Intimidate and all physical skills. Rarely contributes in roleplay but once combat starts, it won't stop until the enemies are a fine red mist.

You forgot to mention that he has massive bonuses to attack bloodied opponents. :D

032: The Scorpion Tiefling ranger with a few wizard dailies through multiclassing; normally attacks with two weapons, but can bust out the dailies if he has to, which usually emanate from his huge tail.
33. THE RHINOCEROS: The party's sturdy defender decked out in heavy armor with a tendency to lower his head and charge full-force into the enemy ranks. Usually quick-tempered and over-protective.

24. The Armadillo - tough and stalwart, often low to the ground, a born Defender who wears heavy armor with the nonchalance most people wear fashionable clothes. Has a propensity for searching every small nook and cranny, just in case something interesting or valuable might be there.

did you perhaps mean Dwarf???:D
34The Cat: Arrogant, selfish, and thinks he owns the world. Extremely lazy - he lays in the sun alot. He rubs up against the ladies to show he likes them but the intelligent ones just want to kick him.
035 The Dog: Fiercly loyal to friends with a leaning towards the fighter and ranger classes. Often willing to take the longest watch during an extended rest, and is quick to defend his allies, though is rarely a leader.

036 The Goldfish: Looks nice and happy, but not too much going on upstairs. Startles easily.

037 The Hyena: A lurking rogue or warlock who picks off the weaker opponents when they show weakness. A coward at heart, he never enters combat unless he's sure there are others present to take the heat. Also, not afraid to pick the scraps from a stronger ally.

038 The Hare: Fleet of foot and always on the lookout for danger. Often a ranger or rogue with a huge focus on Perception and Stealth. Definitely a scouting character.
39 Platypus - I mean what is that thing!?!...and they are poisoners...wtf
You forgot to mention that he has massive bonuses to attack bloodied opponents. :D

Hey, good idea!

Platypus - I mean what is that thing!?!...and they are poisoners...wtf

Been done man.
Show
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
39 Platypus - I mean what is that thing!?!...and they are poisoners...wtf

Yep, so we still need a 39....

039: The Eagle: A simble of freedom, mostly a good character that fights for freedom against terreny or Overpowered governments. Seams to be the leader of the group most of the time and Uses either Range or Melee attacks. Mostlikely a Ranger class.
040 Tarresque (technically it's an animal): A big fat guy that eats a lot and takes a lot of pain. May be unable to handle flying enemies.
MTG Card

041 The Leech - Never participates in anything. Complete drain on party resources and is a constant irritation. Never survives long if properly treated(i.e. exterminated)

042 The Hyena - Annoying, loves to joke around. Prefers to take out already weakened enemies but rarely harms any enemy first.
Show
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Sign In to post comments