4e and feats

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I went through the 4e PHB tonight and made a list of feats I would love to have at each tier for my Dragonborn Defender. It ended up looking like this:

Heroic Tier (get 7 total)

Astral Fire (DEX and CHA 13) (+1 damage with fire or radiant power)

Healing Hands (add Cha modifier to damage healed with Lay on Hands)

Durable (n/a) (increase # of Healing Surges by 2)

Blade Opportunist (STR and DEX 13) (+2 to Opportunity Attacks w/ Heavy Blade or Light Blade)

Dragonborn Frenzy (Dragonborn) (+2 damage when bloodied)

Enlarged Dragon Breath (Dragonborn) (Dragon Breath becomes blast 5)

Wintertouched (n/a) (Gain Combat Advantage against foe vulnerable to cold)

Quickdraw (Dex 13) (Draw a weapon with attack action, +2 to Initiative)

Weapon Focus (n/a) (+1 damage with chosen weapon group)

Armor of Bahamut (Must Bahamut) (Turn a critical hit against a friend in range into a regular hit)

Paragon Tier (get 5 total)

Devastating Critical (na) (extra 1d10 on a Critical)

Armor Specialization (Plate) (Con 15 & training in plate)

Blood Thirst (na) (+2 damage to bloodied foes)

Empowered Dragon Breath (Dragonborn) (Dragon Breath uses d10s)

Great Fortitude (na) (+2 to Fortitude Defense)

Heavy Blade Opportunity (STR and DEX 15) (When you make an Opportunity Attack with a heavy blade, you can use an at-will attack that has the weapon keyword instead of a basic attack)

Lasting Frost (na) (Target hit with cold power gains vulnerable cold 5)

Iron Will (na) (+2 to Will Defense)

Improved Second Wind (na)(extra 5 additional damage healed with a Second Wind)

Evasion (Dex 15) (No damage from missed area or close attack)

Lightning Reflexes (na) (+2 to Reflex Defense)

Fleet Footed (na) (+1 to speed)

Epic Tier (get 6 total)

Epic Resurgence (na) (regain encounter attack power on critical hit)

Font of Radiance (na) (Target illuminated with critical hit, takes radiant damage)

Triumphant Attack (na) (Target at -2 to attacks and defenses after critical hit)

As you can all see there are quite a few feats I would LOVE to have at the heroic and paragon tiers but not so much at the epic tier thus far. My questions is this: Is it possible to choose a feat from a lower tier than what you currently are in? So for example, if I am in the epic tier and I would rather take a feat from the heroic or paragon tier am I allowed to so per RAW?
Yes.

To elaborate slightly, read the little blurb under the "Heroic Tier Feats" heading on page 193.
Heroes Don't Need Special Gear to Be Heroic - A guide to removing magic item dependency and smoothing out advancement. Reinventing the Workday: A Shift Towards Encounter-Based Resources - A guide to abandoning daily resources
Not seeing this blurb you speak of.
From pg. 193:

Any feat in the following section is available to a character of any level who meets the prerequisites. Heroic tier feats are the only feats you can take if you are 10th level or lower.

Thanks!
Sign In to post comments