Character Sheet (4th Edition)

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone have a downloadable 4th edition "Character Sheet" so that i can print out
You may aslo try Neceros Character Sheet.

I started last week my own but as a PC program. Using C# for data entry and Crystal Report for the output in either Word,Excel or PDF. Pretty sure mine will come out before the D&D insider character builder :D. Tonight Stat block.
I actually am half done creating a 4.0 Interactive PDF Character Sheet from the one provided by Wizards. I added all the input fields and it calculates almost all the stats due to a bunch of IF statements I threw in a lot of the fields. Copyright of course goes to Wizards as I am not selling it or changing any of the original PDF, just adding interactive fields. It took me all of about 30 seconds to stat out a complete character.
The excel version of the character sheet on this thread is a pretty good one; it fills in a lot for you, though not as much as the one that I'm going to make. :D
I like the pDF version. You should totally make it interactive add add fields in all the boxes that auto calculate up like the one I'm doing. I like the look of yours a lot, but would love to have it be data entry-able.;)
I like the pDF version. You should totally make it interactive add add fields in all the boxes that auto calculate up like the one I'm doing. I like the look of yours a lot, but would love to have it be data entry-able.;)

Will you be putting this up for download somewhere? I'd love to get a copy, since at the moment I don't see the character generator being out anytime soon.
Yes, it will be up for download at TheAgencyStar probably tonight. We mainly play Spycraft 2.0, a modern RPG that I created an actual database that players use for Intel before going on a mission, but I also am a ground and pound old time D&D player at heart.
Way to go. You rock
PDFs are better because less chance messing up the non-editable cells like in excel. Also, not everyone has excel. Also the excel spreadsheets have problem uploading to google's online spreadsheet program.

It would be cool if it was downloaded without having to register at another website.

BTW, thanks for all the work that everyone is doing to automate the character sheet process.
PDFs are better because less chance messing up the non-editable cells like in excel.

That's why the character sheet that I'm creating has you enter the data on a different spreadsheet in a workbook-in this way, you have almost no chance of messing up the formula's, and you don't need all of the extra stuff next to the defenses and such (the boxes for 1/2 level, misc. modifiers, etc.), and in Excel adding in House Rules is as simple as modifying a chart.

Thanks,
Hdier
PDFs are better because less chance messing up the non-editable cells like in excel. Also, not everyone has excel. Also the excel spreadsheets have problem uploading to google's online spreadsheet program.

It would be cool if it was downloaded without having to register at another website.

BTW, thanks for all the work that everyone is doing to automate the character sheet process.

TheAgencyStar does no require people to register to browse the forum or to download material from our downloads section. We would sure love for people to register and say hi in our forums or about our downloads, but I hated making peolple register just to download something myself.

So without further ado, the Interactive 4.0 Character Sheet from TheAgencyStar is now availble for free download (registration not required ;) ) You can find it in the General Fan Submit section of our Downloas section along with a 3.5 Interactive D&D Character Sheet and other stuff. (p.s. I added in about 200 line of IF statements to be able to calculate a players HP up to 400 HP....that should be enough)

Trigger
So for those of you that have downloaded the Interactive PDF Character Sheet, what do you think? Just was wondering.;)
awesome sheet! i just wish that the attack and damage workspaces were different....

maybe instead have mellee and ranged basic attack
and mellee and ranged basic damage
TheAgencyStar PDF character sheet says that I can't save the data in the pdf,I can only print it.
TheAgencyStar PDF character sheet says that I can't save the data in the pdf,I can only print it.

Reader probably won't allow the save.

Oh and this link is being added to the GD fan sheets section....
http://www.theagencystar.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=97
Oh and this link is being added to the GD fan sheets section....

Ahh..where or what is the GD fan sheets section? Normally I get asked about adding things but, was curious where this was.
EDIT: Never mind, I think the sheet just doesn't do as much as I thought it did. It does update, but I have to input more information than I was expecting. Sorry for the confusion.

I think I'm doing something wrong. When I use the interactive PDF from AgencyStar, none of the fields update when I fill in information, aside from the abillity scores updating the modifiers. No HP, no initiative, nothing.

Should I be using a particular version of Acrobat or a PC (I'm on a Mac)?

Thanks in advance!
I played a fair amount of 2e, took a long break, played a solid year of 3.5e and now I'm on the 4e bandwagon. I'm really enjoying 4e so far, and the purpose of my post today is to throw into the virtual ring my own digital character sheet that I've been working on.

I don't have a "usable" version yet - I have all fields and controls in place, but no stat tracking or skill information is in yet. My goal is for the program to provide not just an interactive character sheet, but a handy quick reference for abilities, spells, etc. Is anyone else working on a standalone application that does this? I'm about 3 or 4 days out from having stat management in.
You may aslo try Neceros Character Sheet.

I started last week my own but as a PC program. Using C# for data entry and Crystal Report for the output in either Word,Excel or PDF. Pretty sure mine will come out before the D&D insider character builder :D. Tonight Stat block.

I actually quite like that one, I may print it out if our groups moves up.
Reader probably won't allow the save.

If reader wont allow the save, then what does? I dont really want to type everything in each time I have to update my character.

Can the PDF be changed to allow to save?
You need a full version of Acrobat.....
You need a full version of Acrobat.....

I disagree per Adobe Knowledge base here

After a form is filled in, Acrobat users can save a copy of the completed form, showing all the information they typed. Whether or not Adobe Reader users can save a copy of a completed form depends on the usage rights set up by the person who created that form.

Which version is this for? I don't use reader and refuse to upgrade to one form the full version I use. Maybe it is something missing from my version that I am missing in the properties then....
I am using Adobe Reader 8, but I think the only thing that needs to happen is that whoever created the PDF file has to turn on some permission so that other people using Reader can save the PDF.

I am not an expert with Adobe, I am just going by what is said via their website.
I actually quite like that one, I may print it out if our groups moves up.

My computer died last Wednesday, at least i was able to use another pc to get the source code. Didn't work on it since then, I need my visual studio dvd which i should get back today if the guy remember.
Well...let me chime in on this FREE character sheet and what Adobe products can do and what it takes to do this. I use Adobe 7.0 profesional because that's what I bought for $ 450.00. Adobe 8.0 Professional and 9.0 Professional (which was just released today) have the capability of letting users of Adobe Reader 8.0 and higher to fill and save PDF forms locally for offline use. Hence the rub to buy a newer version of Adobe Professional for $450.00 or upgrade for $150.00 Well I can't deem it worth the overhead to do this for one character sheet, sorry. The other way to have older versions of Adobe Professional let users of Adobe Reader the ability to fill in and save PDF forms is to buy the LiveCycle ES System which goes on your server and lets users do this in your company. It only starts at $10,000.00 -$50,000.00 dollars and I don't think I will be doing that anytime either.

I hope this clears up any confussion on what it takes to ceate a document and let others use to the best of their ability.
Well...let me chime in on this FREE character sheet and what Adobe products can do and what it takes to do this. I use Adobe 7.0 profesional because that's what I bought for $ 450.00. Adobe 8.0 Professional and 9.0 Professional (which was just released today) have the capability of letting users of Adobe Reader 8.0 and higher to fill and save PDF forms locally for offline use. Hence the rub to buy a newer version of Adobe Professional for $450.00 or upgrade for $150.00 Well I can't deem it worth the overhead to do this for one character sheet, sorry. The other way to have older versions of Adobe Professional let users of Adobe Reader the ability to fill in and save PDF forms is to buy the LiveCycle ES System which goes on your server and lets users do this in your company. It only starts at $10,000.00 -$50,000.00 dollars and I don't think I will be doing that anytime either.

I hope this clears up any confussion on what it takes to ceate a document and let others use to the best of their ability.

i got a a cheaper way.
buy these:
VS 2005 +/- 800$
Microsoft Office +/- 300$

create a program with access database priting in crystal report (included in VS) which can export to PDF,Excel,Word... name them.

Or get killer buying SQL server to store data. (which can be also use for all other stuff needing storing)
Or do what I'm doing. Build a windows app in C# using Windows Forms and XML for your data files. I've got the interface done, and most stat calculations that don't involve feats, skills, abilities, rituals, etc. I'm thinking of releasing a usable version in the next day or two.
I design and maintain databases for a living. I love VS BTW and have crystal reports as well. Can you export as a PDF from Crystal reports (I know you can) but for others to save data using Adobe reader?

Start a donation drive, if 150 people each gave you a dollar then you can upgrade to the latest Adobe. Then this means people with only Adobe Reader can save the PDF characters sheets with the information right in it.

I'll donate a dollar...
Hellmute or whom ever is in charge.

TheAgencyStar is requesting that the link in the D&D General Discussion thread and this thread for the Interactive D&D 4.0 Character Sheet hosted on TheAgencyStar be only www.theagencystar.com with a comment that it is located in the downloads section free and no registration. Thanks.
If reader wont allow the save, then what does? I dont really want to type everything in each time I have to update my character.

Can the PDF be changed to allow to save?

Just use another PDF program. I use foxit PDF and it works for me. Allows me to edit and save.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.html
That's AWESOME. I downloaded and installed the foxit reader 23 with toolbars and opened the Interactive PDF character sheet I created, filled in data in the fields to make sure the fields calculated correctly and was able to save with the data in the fields. Now everyone can save the data from this Interactive PDF file using foxit reader. Nice info gotbrain.
Or do what I'm doing. Build a windows app in C# using Windows Forms and XML for your data files. I've got the interface done, and most stat calculations that don't involve feats, skills, abilities, rituals, etc. I'm thinking of releasing a usable version in the next day or two.

Could you post a link on this thread when you do?

Thanks,
Hdier
Alright.

At http://pfhoenix.com/charsheet, you will find my first release version, 0.5, of my digital character sheet project. Stats are calculated for abilities and skills, initiative, movement, and perception. The project is written in C#, so .NET 3.5 is required (Mono should run it fine on non-Windows OSs). The program is free, so please give it a try, and all constructive criticism is welcome. I am looking for feature requests as well, so those are welcome, too. E-mailing feedback and feature requests would be preferrable (or I can just start a new thread - I don't check the entire forum regularly at all).
Nice; I just downloaded it and tested, and you did a really good job on it.

You WILL, however, be getting an e-mail from me [no character sheet is perfect (except mine)]. ;)

Thanks,
Hdier
Well...let me chime in on this FREE character sheet and what Adobe products can do and what it takes to do this. I use Adobe 7.0 profesional because that's what I bought for $ 450.00.

Am I that far out of date with 5.0?
I've updated my digital character sheet, imaginatively titled Character Sheet, to version 0.6. Check the sig for the link.
See my sig. :D
Stay Frosty! - Shado
I've updated my digital character sheet, imaginatively titled Character Sheet, to version 0.6. Check the sig for the link.

Good job...email sent.
Sign In to post comments