Intersting Characters?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nokturn

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/nokturnpic.png)

Level 1 Dragonborn Rogue (Brawny)

Initiative +5; Senses Perception +5
HP 26 Bloodied 13 Healing Surges: 8 (8 hp)
AC 15; Fort 12; Ref 15; Will 12
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Melee dagger +6 vs AC (1d4+2)
Ranged dagger +7 vs AC (5/10, 1d4+3)
Ranged shuriken +6 vs AC (6/12, 1d6+3)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Racial Traits: Dragonborn Fury, Draconic Heritage (+2), Dragon Breath
Class Abilities First Strike, Brutal Scoundrel, Rogue Weapon Talent, Sneak Attack +2d6
At-Will Powers Riposte Strike, Sly Flourish
Encounter Powers Dragon Breath (lightning, Dex), Torturous Strike
Daily Power Easy Target
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Elven*
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather), Quick Draw, Weapon Proficiencies (dagger, hand crossbow, shuriken, sling, short sword)
Skills Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +5, History +2, Intimidate +9, Perception +5, Stealth +8, Thievery +8
Str 15; Con 14; Dex 16; Int 11; Wis 10; Cha 14
Equipment Basic clothing, leather armor, dagger (10), shuriken (20), standard adventurer's kit, thieve's tools, 20gp

Background
Taken as a child by the drow, Nokturn was raised as a slave. Forced to scrounge and fight for survival, he learned skills not normally associated with the dragonborn. Nokturn eventually was able to make his escape to the surface. There he has parlayed his skills into a mercenary career of tomb-robbing, strong-arming, and, sometimes, outright banditry. While not evil, Nokturn is not as beholden to the edicts of honor that so many of his brethren hold so high. He tends to do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals.

*Having been raised by the drow, Nokturn never learned to speak draconic.

I'll probably never get to play him, but this struck me as an interesting build. I added an image I made using Heromachine 2.5. Had to use the aligator head, but it didn't turn out too bad.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche Devil\'s Brigade
One of my players recently went for the Dragonborn Rogue... they can work with the right back story and you seem to have covered that pretty well.
The MM's Dragonborn entry has a beautiful piece of art with multiple Dragonborn, one of whom is looking pretty bad ass as a dual-katar-wielding roguish figure.

For a race built like huge linebackers, I thought that vision of a dragonborn rogue, and that weapon choice (more exotic and brutal-looking than short swords or daggers) was perfect.

Also, kudos on keeping your character flavor to one paragraph, like the PHB sample characters. It can be a challenge, but to get *started* in a campaign, I'm slowly learning you don't *need* much more than that. Like DMs and world-building, "start small" and add in more as you go - it works.
LEONINE ROAR : Amp Up Your D&D Game : Visit my D&D blog :: FASTER COMBAT : Crush Your Combat Grind
Nice background. And with a good background, anythings possible! :D

btw, you should have more HP, you gain (HPclass)+ Con SCORE, not Modifier.

14HP is really low in 4.0, you should have 26
Thanks for the comments. I try to be brief so it leaves room to maneuver. As I said, it is doubtful I'll ever get to play him, but if I do there is no saying what type of campaign it would be.

btw, you should have more HP, you gain (HPclass)+ Con SCORE, not Modifier.

14HP is really low in 4.0, you should have 26

Wow, you know I completely missed that little nugget. I saw Constitution and never glommed on to the fact that it was score instead of modifier. Thanks.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche Devil\'s Brigade
I'm playing a Dragonborn rogue in a group as well (albeit 4th level.) The build reminds me of a DnD version of the hitman 47.

By the way, I think your dagger attack should have a +1 extra from rogue weapon talent. "Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls."
I'm playing a Dragonborn rogue in a group as well (albeit 4th level.) The build reminds me of a DnD version of the hitman 47.

By the way, I think your dagger attack should have a +1 extra from rogue weapon talent. "Rogue Weapon Talent: When you wield a shuriken, your weapon damage die increases by one size. When you wield a dagger, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls."

Yeah, I hadn't worked in all the modifiers when I posted. Thanks.
Here's another idea for a character that I had. I don't know if anyone else has discussed this, but I thought this would make a good rendition of the arcane archer.

Dara Vaath

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/daravaathpic2.png)

Level 1 Elf Warlock (Fey Pact)

Initiative +2; Senses Perception +2; low-light
HP 26 Bloodied 13 Healing Surges: 8 (6 hp)
AC 14; Fort 12; Ref 13; Will 14
Speed 7
Action Points 1
Melee dagger +2 vs AC (1d4-1)
Ranged longbow +5 vs AC (20/40, 1d10+2)
Racial Traits: Fey origin, group awareness, wild step
Class Abilities Fey Pact (eyebite, misty step), Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock's Curse +1d6
At-Will Powers Eldritch Blast, Eyebite
Encounter Powers Elven Accuracy, Witchfire, Hunter's Quarry (ranger class ability)
Daily Power Dread Star
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Elven
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather), Warrior of the Wild, Weapon Proficiencies (longbow, shortbow, simple melee, simple ranged)
Skills Arcana +7, Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Nature +2, Perception +7, Thievery +7
Str 8; Con 14; Dex 14; Int 14; Wis 13; Cha 16
Equipment Basic clothing, leather armor, longbow w/30 arrows, dagger, standard adventurer's kit, thieves' tools, 8 gp

Background
Early on Dara showed an attachment to the Fey. She took this ability and combined it with her race's penchant for bows. Her arcane abilities manifest themselves through the use of her bow with her firing blasts of eldritch energy from it. She can be a wonder to behold. She uses her abilities in the fight against those that would infringe on the Fey and her people. She has ventured out into the world to learn more of those enemies so that she may be better prepared to battle them.
Kallista Redblood

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/kallistaredblood.png)

Level 1 Tiefling Fighter (Great Weapon)

Initiative +2; Senses Perception +1; low-light
HP 29 Bloodied 14; Healing Surges: 11 (7 hp)
AC 17; Fort 14; Ref 12; Will 11
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Melee falchion +6 vs AC (2d4+3)
Melee falchion +4 vs AC (2d4+6) with Power Attack
Racial Traits: Bloodhunt, Fire Resistance, Infernal Wrath
Class Abilities Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority (+1), Fighter Weapon Talent (two-handed)
At-Will Powers Cleave, Reaping Strike
Encounter Powers Infernal Wrath, Passing Attack
Daily Power Comeback Strike
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Goblin
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather, hide, chainmail, scale; light shield, heavy shield), Power Attack, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, military melee, simple ranged, military ranged)
Skills Athletics +8, Bluff +3, Intimidate +6, Stealth +4, Streetwise +6
Str 16; Con 14; Dex 14; Int 10; Wis 12; Cha 13
Equipment Basic clothing, falchion, mace, scale mail, light shield, standard adventurer's kit, 5 gp.

Background
Standing 6'2" tall and weighing in at 230 lb., scarlet-skinned and white-eyed, Kallista is a brute of a tiefling. She was found left on the doorstep of an outlying settlement's community house and raised by a kindly couple on their farm. She grew up and used her stature to join the local militia. Kallista earned her reputation as a fierce warrior fighting goblinoids in the area. She has decided to strike out in the world to find out about it and possibly her origins. It is fairly apparent to her that many people look down on tieflings, but she believes that people should stand on their own merits and trys to convey that line of thought in all her dealings.

Morgan Croyd

morgancroydpic.png Level 1 Human Cleric of the Raven Queen (Devoted) Initiative +1; Senses Perception +3 HP 23 Bloodied 11; Healing Surges: 7 (5 hp) AC 16; Fort 13; Ref 12; Will 16 Speed 5 Action Points 1 Saving Throws +1 Melee scythe +4 vs AC (2d4+2) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Class Abilities Channel Divinity, Healer's Lore, Healing Word, Ritual Casting At-Will Powers Lance of Faith, Priest's Shield, Sacred Flame Encounter Powers Cause Fear Daily Power Cascade of Light -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Draconic Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather, hide, chainmail), Human Perseverance, Raven Queen's Blessing, Ritual Caster, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, simple ranged) Skills Arcana +5, Diplomacy +7, Heal +8, Insight +8, Religion +5 Str 14; Con 11; Dex 12; Int 10; Wis 16; Cha 14 Equipment Basic clothing, standard adventurer's kit, holy symbol, chainmail, scythe, ritual book (comprehend language, gentle repose), 30 gp. Background Morgan and his family had the misfortune to have their farm be the battleground between two waring factions. Afterwards, his family dead, Morgan wandered the battlefield dispatching survivors with his scythe. He was found thusly by a priest of the Raven Queen who recognized his goddess' hand at work. She took Morgan back with her and he was trained to be a cleric of the Raven Queen. He now travels the lands helping people by stopping them from leaving this world too early or by moving them along if it is past their time.

Bastion Shale

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/bastionshalepic.png)

Level 1 Dwarf Warlord (Tactical)

Initiative +0; Senses Perception +2; low-light
HP 25 Bloodied 12; Healing Surges: 8 (6 hp)
AC 17; Fort 14; Ref 12; Will 13
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Saving Throws +5 vs poison
Melee warhammer +5 vs AC (1d10+5)
Ranged throwing hammer +5 vs AC (1d6+5)
Racial Traits: Cast-Iron Stomach, Dwarven Resilience, Encumbered Speed, Stand Your Ground
Class Abilities Combat Leader, Commanding Presence (tactical), Inspiring Word
At-Will Powers Viper's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics
Encounter Powers Inspiring Word, Warlord's Favor
Daily Power Lead the Attack
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Dwarven
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather, hide, chainmail; light shield), Dwarven Weapon Training, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, military melee, simple ranged)
Skills Athletics +7, Dungeoeneering +4, Endurance +2, Heal +7, History +7, Intimidate +6
Str 16; Con 13; Dex 10; Int 14; Wis 14; Cha 13
Equipment Basic clothing, standard adventurer's kit, chainmail, light shield, warhammer, throwing hammers (2), 15 gp.

Background
Bastion is the son of a well-known dwarven military leader. Having grown up in his father's shadow, he now wishes to make a name for himself. Learning to lead from his father, he is now putting those lessons into practice and has gathered a small group of adventurer's together. He hopes to make a name for himself so that he can become as well known as his father.
Kerym Revanthas

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/kerymrevanthas.png)

Level 1 Eladrin Paladin of Melora (Protecting)

Initiative +1; Senses Perception +7; low-light
HP 27 Bloodied 13 Healing Surges: 11 (6 hp)
AC 18; Fort 13; Ref 12; Will 15
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Saving Throws +5 vs charm effects
Melee longsword +5 vs AC (1d8+2)
Racial Traits: Eladrin Education, Eladrin Weapon Proficiency, Eladrin Will, Fey Origin, Trance, Fey Step
Class Abilities Channel Divinity, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands, Hunter's Quarry (1/encounter)
At-Will Powers Bolstering Strike, Enfeebling Strike
Encounter Powers Fey Step, Shielding Smite
Daily Power Radiant Delirium
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Elven
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather, hide, chainmail, scale, plate; light shield, heavy shield), Warrior of the Wild, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, military melee, simple ranged)
Skills Arcana +2, Endurance +6, Heal +7, History +2, Insight +7, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +5
Str 14; Con 12; Dex 13; Int 10; Wis 14; Cha 16
Equipment Basic clothing, scale armor, light shield, longsword, standard adventurer's kit, holy symbol, 10 gp

Background
Kerym, raised amongst the eladrin far from the world's cities, felt the call of the forest early in his life. He quickly took to life in the forest and grew a great attachment to it. He decided to dedicate himself to protecting the natural world and found acceptance by the goddess Melora. She saw the goodness in him and granted him the abilities to his job as protector of nature. As Kerym has spent all his life in or near his home, he has decided to travel out into the world to see how the other peoples of the world relate to nature and maybe vanquish a few who treat it badly.

What does the future hold? At second level, he will get the Ritual Caster feat so he can start collecting rituals like Animal Messenger and, later, Commune with Nature.
Shynuuk

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/Shynuuk.png)

Level 5 Windsoul Genasi Swordmage (Assault)
6'2"; 130 lb.; silver skin with light blue energy lines; glowing blue and gray ice crystal spikes on the head.

Initiative +3; Senses Perception +4
HP 53 Bloodied 26 Healing Surges: 10 (13 hp)
AC 19(22); Fort 14; Ref 16; Will 16
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Melee Frost scimitar +9 vs AC (1d8+4)
Racial Traits: Elemental Origin, Elemental Manifestation (resist 5 cold, windwalker)
Class Abilities Swordbond, Swordmage Aegis of Assault, Swordmage Warding
At-Will Powers Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Sword Burst
Encounter Powers Chilling Blow, Sloth Strike, Windwalker
Daily Powers Elemental Foible, Frost Backlash
Utility Power: Fear No Elements
Alignment Good; Languages Common, Primordial
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather), Elemental Assault (Cold), Intelligent Blademaster, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, military heavy blades, simple ranged), Wintertouched
Skills Arcana +11, Athletics +7, Endurance +11, Insight +9, Nature +6
Str 10; Con 14; Dex 12; Int 19; Wis 14; Cha 12
Equipment Basic clothing, standard adventurer's kit, Skybound Leather +1, Frost Scimitar +1, Bracers of Mental Might, Boots of Spider Climbing

Background
Shynuuk grew to adulthood in the north where life can be very cheap. His windsoul allowed him a little more comfort than others without his advantages. At a young age he was fascinated by the traveling swordmages that meted out justice in one hamlet or another. They always seemed to be on hand when danger threatened what little population there was. Their bravery in the face of such enemies inspired him to follow in their path. Shynuuk now travel the lands of the north, looking to help the weak and to vanquish the evil.
Chhor Duraku

IMAGE(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r72/mouthymerc/drowglaivefighter.png)

Level 1 Drow Fighter (Great Weapon)
5'10"; 160 lb.; midnight black skin with a blue cast; firy red eyes and white hair up in a top knot.

Initiative +2; Senses Perception +2; darkvision
HP 29 Bloodied 14 Healing Surges: 11 (7 hp)
AC 17; Fort 14; Ref 12; Will 12
Speed 5
Action Points 1
Melee glaive +6 vs AC (2d4+3)
Racial Traits: Fey Origin, Trance, Lolthtouched (cloud of darkness, darkfire)
Class Abilities Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority, Fighter Weapon Talent (two-handed weapons)
At-Will Powers Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike
Encounter Powers Cloud of Darkness, Darkfire, Spinning Sweep
Daily Powers Villain's Menace
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Elven
Feats Armor Proficiencies (cloth, leather, hide, chainmail, scale; light shield, heavy shield), Blade Opportunist, Weapon Proficiencies (simple melee, military melee, simple ranged, military ranged)
Skills Athletics +8, Endurance +7, Intimidate +7, Stealth +4
Str 16; Con 14; Dex 14; Int 11; Wis 14; Cha 10
Equipment Basic clothing, standard adventurer's kit, scale mail, glaive

Background
Chhor was nothing more than a soldier in the drow hierarchy until one fateful raid to the surface. His entire team was struck down and killed to the last elf but for him by a group of forest elves. Chhor was left for dead, but recovered once the elves were gone. Instead of returning to the depths, though, Chhor took this as a chance to throw off the shackles of drow society. He found a place to heal and then proceeded to investigate the world. While he has experienced blatant racism, he has been able to find work with certain seedy individuals and now makes a life as a mercenary. While not necessarily evil, he can be quite ruthless when needed for his survival.