Chlidhood Family Rules

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
My friend and I are playing characteres who are brothers; I'm a rogue and he's a warlock. I thought that it would be fun if we had a list of rules that our mother instilled in us (and our 8 other brothers and sisters). Each rule should have some kind of moral behind it as well.

Here are some that i'm thinking so far:

1 Don't get caught
2 If someone gets caught for what you did, take the blame
3 don't be late for dinner.
4 No one eats until everyone is present
5 any effort gets an equal share. without everybody working together, the job wouldn't have gotten done.
6 If someone tries to hurt you, hurt them right back
7 If someone thries to hurt your brother or sister, hurt them right back
8. Mind your younger siblings
9. Listen to your elders
10. A watched pot never boils
11. Blood's thicker than water

What kind of family is it? Dysfunctional? Relatively normal? Extremely close? some combination of those three? What race is it? Where did said family live and what are the customs of said town, thorp etc?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.
7 If someone thries to hurt your brother or sister, hurt them right back

*7. If someone tries to hurt your family, hurt them first.

12. Don't make deals you can't break.
If someone wants to pleasure your brother or sister, pleasure them first.
More good came from wanting, than ever it did from having.
Suddenly, the movie that springs immediately to mind is Boon Dock Saints. Now there's some "bonds of brotherhood" inspiration - complete with plenty of fighting!

LEONINE ROAR : Amp Up Your D&D Game : Visit my D&D blog :: FASTER COMBAT : Crush Your Combat Grind

I haven't decided on a race yet, either Halfling or human. I'm leaning heavily towards Halfling. As far as the family goes, there are 10 kids raised my our mother. Dad's dead or left, who knows. With so many mouths to feed, mom was always working, so the only way that she could instill any values into the children is by these rules. My character is the oldest, my friend's character is either 2nd or 3rd. He's a starpact Warlock who hears voices in his head (voices from the stars); and does strange things that they tell him ("Paint that tree yellow). One of the younger brother is rebelling against us and trying to find his own way, other than that we all pretty much get along (as well as 10 brothers ans sisters in one small house can, at least)
He's a starpact Warlock who hears voices in his head (voices from the stars); and does strange things that they tell him ("Paint that tree yellow)

Haha, that's awesome! I love to see this kind of quirky RP depth.

And oh look, it's possible in 4e, just like every other edition... no way!

(Sorry, it's just hilarious to see some of the "4e lack of RP/fluff/flavor" comments, when there's plenty for inspiration right now with only the core game out - and then it's always, always, always is up to the players and DM to breath life into the characters, story and game world.)

LEONINE ROAR : Amp Up Your D&D Game : Visit my D&D blog :: FASTER COMBAT : Crush Your Combat Grind

An old redneck childhood rule:

Want it one hand an' **** in the other, see which one ya get first.
Sign In to post comments