attacks per round?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
just go the 4e books the other day and read through them breifly. i am not seeing that fighters or anyone get multiple attacks per round. i kinda understand action points, but thats very limited seems only a few per encounter at best. so can a fighter say level 19 only get 1 swing per round?
You get one standard action, one move action, and one minor action a round. A basic melee attack is a standard action. Most of your fighter powers, called exploits, are standard actions. However, some of those powers allow you to make multiple attacks, either against the same target or against separate targets.

There is no more full attack.

Action points can be spent to acquire another standard action.
You will find 4th edition very frustrating if you think of it as an update to 3.5. 4th edition is a completely different game, so to enjoy it you will have to abandon your preconceptions and relearn the game all over again.
just go the 4e books the other day and read through them breifly. i am not seeing that fighters or anyone get multiple attacks per round. i kinda understand action points, but thats very limited seems only a few per encounter at best. so can a fighter say level 19 only get 1 swing per round?

thats what i thought. just wanted to make sure
well, combat actions in this edition are all based on your powers. Keep reading, fighters (and other classes) have abilities that allow more than one attack per round. Many of the powers also allow you to roll damage dice for a weapon multiple times so it kinda makes up for it.

This edition treats combat very differently than previous editions. You pretty much have to forget everything you knew about combat mechanics and re-learn it.
until i can meet up with a group to actually play i think i am gonna make a fighter and fight his way to level 30 and see what its like. this is totally differnt. seems fun though. i like different. hell i have been playing dnd for like 20 years now. i remember when feats came out in 3rd addition it was like wow this is cool
until i can meet up with a group to actually play i think i am gonna make a fighter and fight his way to level 30 and see what its like. this is totally differnt. seems fun though. i like different. hell i have been playing dnd for like 20 years now. i remember when feats came out in 3rd addition it was like wow this is cool

Yessir. I also seem to remember all of the same "doom-and-gloom", "DnD is ruined!" complaints when 3rd edition came out that people are making now. I actually remember a lot more people threatening to stick with 2nd edition back then.

Know anyone who still plays 2nd edition?
Yessir. I also seem to remember all of the same "doom-and-gloom", "DnD is ruined!" complaints when 3rd edition came out that people are making now. I actually remember a lot more people threatening to stick with 2nd edition back then.

Know anyone who still plays 2nd edition?

I do, but it's one group, they also still play 1st Edition. It's fairly entertaining to listen to them because I never played 1st Edition.

you weapon damage automatic increases to 2[w] at 21st level, I mention this because when you think about it all the powers that deal x[w] can be looked at as making multiple attacks with a single roll. It's all about how you envision it.
You don't get multiple attacks as you level up, but your powers become stronger. High-level strikes are as good as several basic attacks combined.
There are also lots of abilities that hit multiple foes, which is multiple attacks in a sense.