Playing a Gnome

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
First, this is a serious post. My friends and I are picking up D&D 4E after around 10 some years since we last played. My girlfriend is dead set on playing a Gnome (she loves her gnome in world of warcraft) rogue.

I informed her of them not being in the players handbook and are now in the monster manual. So, bless her, she is insisting on being a rogue Gnome Rogue. Great for story and character dynamics, but how should I go about creating her character sheet?

I am looking at the gnome skulker, as they seem to be my only template to go by, should I just go about grabbing those base stats and skills for her?

We are a novice group, so rule bending will be a given. Thanks in advance for any advice.
See page 277 of the monster manual. It gives you pretty much everything important needed to play a Gnome.
See page 277 of the monster manual. It gives you pretty much everything important needed to play a Gnome.

227 is salamanders. I've gone through the 4eMM, so I do have those stats but should I dig back to 3.5 for racial stats and skills?
227 is salamanders. I've gone through the 4eMM, so I do have those stats but should I dig back to 3.5 for racial stats and skills?

er, no. He said 277, not 227. Pg 277 of the monster manual contains the stats relevant for making PCs and NPCs for Githyanki, Githzerai, Gnolls, and....Gnomes.

You haven't looked through the whole 4th e MM, have you? At the end, before the glossary are the stats relevant for making PCs and NPCs for several 'monster' races.

Also, Kobold is my new favorite race.
There's an appendix in the back with rules to play a bunch of monster races as player races. Gnome is one of them.
er, no. He said 277, not 227. Pg 277 of the monster manual contains the stats relevant for making PCs and NPCs for Githyanki, Githzerai, Gnolls, and....Gnomes.

You haven't looked through the whole 4th e MM, have you? At the end, before the glossary are the stats relevant for making PCs and NPCs for several 'monster' races.

ah no, I don't own it, I just pop into the book store and take notes :p Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Me too. They're so fun to DM now. It's great when your players say, "Holy @#$%! Are you sure those are Kobolds?"
Yeah, kobolds are awesome. Especially because they can 5 foot step out of threatened radius and then run away.
Me too. They're so fun to DM now. It's great when your players say, "Holy @#$%! Are you sure those are Kobolds?"

And there are soooo many kobolds that have been waiting so very long for....Payback!
gnomes are great because they can switch between friendly/silly and sinister/creepy on the drop of an invisibility spell.

"Where'd he go?"

"Wait, was he laughing with us or at us?"

"Why does that matter?"

"Because I don't want to die."

fo diggity Twitter: www.twitter.com/fodigg Comic Books You Should Have Read: http://tinyurl.com/ycxe9l7
The whole triggered invisibility trick is great for the gnome. Quite deadly for the op's gnome rogue also!
I love my Gnome Feypact Warlock. I can not wait for GenCon and LFR.
I just rolled up a Star Pact Gnome a few days ago, myself. +12 to bluff, ftw.

Gnomes got darker. I approve, and heartily.
The Kobolds and Gnomes are both more awesome, and their ages-old racial war will continue in my 4th ed game.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

The Kobolds and Gnomes are both more awesome, and their ages-old racial war will continue in my 4th ed game.

My gnome will crush the Kobolds and make them his minions. Cause I'm a monster! Rawrrr!
Gnomes have no racial feats, but if you scour the boards here you'll find some. Here is one of mine.