Funny way to kill someone.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK... I've been sulking most of the day from embarrassment over 4.0.

See... I like psionics not just because they're potent, but because the flavor and options and versatility.

And there just doesn't seem to be flavor in 4.0... just a bunch of "you the same damage whether you're a wizard or bard.... err, sorry... 'warlord' now."

BUT BY GEORGE!!! I FOUND A TRICKY WAY TO DO DAMAGE!

Warlock's hellish rebuke still takes implement enhancements from what I can tell... so you can count on a few extra d6 from your equipment... but here's the tricky part:

Your turn, you hellish rebuke 'em for 1d6+con+xd6.

They spend their turn getting to you or whatnot, but know they shouldn't hit you or they just doubled their damage. So they likely won't.

But the secondary damage goes on if you're damaged before the END of your next turn... so if they didn't hit you to kill themselves... take a free action to grin at 'em, and a standard action to slap yourself in the face for 1 point of damage.

Yes... it's pointless because the power's at will anyway so you could've just cast it again... but it's tricky, and that's the point... Theoretically at level 30, you could do 8d6+some (as much with a level 1 at will power as a level 30 wizard's meteor swarm) by slapping YOURSELF in the face.

... unfortunately that's the only really interesting trick I've come across
Only adds the extra d6's on a crit.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Only adds the extra d6's on a crit.

So even with a +6 implement, on a non-crit, the damage would only do 1d6+con... but on a crit it'd jump up to 7d6+con?

Specifically for this power... it says if you take damage, they take the secondary damage... does this secondary damage have no chance to crit since it isn't rolled for? Or should it say if you take damage they have a CHANCE to take secondary damage?
So even with a +6 implement, on a non-crit, the damage would only do 1d6+con... but on a crit it'd jump up to 7d6+con?

Specifically for this power... it says if you take damage, they take the secondary damage... does this secondary damage have no chance to crit since it isn't rolled for? Or should it say if you take damage they have a CHANCE to take secondary damage?

Actually, it'd be 1d6+con+6 damage with a plus 6 implement and 7d6+con+6 on a crit.

And the secondary damage is an auto hit, so you can't crit with it.
Actually, it'd be 1d6+con+6 damage with a plus 6 implement and 7d6+con+6 on a crit.

And the secondary damage is an auto hit, so you can't crit with it.

... wooo... hoo. And you crit only on a natural 20 that breaks AC...
With a claw hammer don't ask.:D
Sign In to post comments