Aiel Fighter for 3.5

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm pretty sure this is the best section for it. It doesn't say that this is 4e strickyly. So Im hoping for the best.

Anyways, I wan't to make an Aiel warrior from the Wheel of time in D&D.

Fighter ofcourse, using the spear and the shield combo.

What do you think would be the best way to do this? I'm guessing a bunch of shield feats to use the shield effectivly as an off-hand weapon while using it as an armor bonus. If you have any suggestions on what exactly I should do, please post!
Despite the fact that this forum is not full labeled as such this is the 4e forums. Your question either needs be asked in [forum=340]d20 Character Development[/forum] or [forum=8]Previous Editions[/forum]. Sorry for the trouble.
Well there is a WoT rule book for D20 which is very much like 3rd edition. I don't have it near me and i never played an Aiel so i can't remember their abilities but if you could get your hands on that it'd be a good place to start.

Just off the top of my head though i would say that in core D&D if you could use swashbuckler with a short spear type thing that'd be pretty close.
Short spear and light shield.

Swordsage or Warblade will both make for great base classes to represent the Aiel. Swordsage getting the edge flavor wise due to more skills and stealth skills.
yeah, there is a book made by wizards that was based on the 3.0 ruleset (so easy to convert to 3.5) that has aiel as a playable race. It even has an aiel spearmen class.
the Wheel of time book(which Im well aware of) does not help me in the least. Im playing D&D, not Wheel of time.

And I'm looking to stay fighter, atleast at the start. I know I should use a spear and a shield. And arrows to. So he needs to be good at both melle and ranged, possibly throw the spears sometimes to. He needs to use light armor but maintain high ac/evasion. good and quick at combat. run fast.

So im thinkin alot of the shield feats. what else can you suggest?
I'd suggest not being so stuck on fighter. If there's another class that can represent your character better, then use that. If it's because you don't have access to the other books, then I apologize and retract my suggestions. You might try feats like rapid shot and multi-shot for the bow.
I did an Aiel and went with Scout... Worked well. Got the Arrows, the leather armor (better than heavy armor from the fighter) also has the speed to represent an Aiel and the skills selection is good.

XIII
For 4e, I think I'd go Rogue (Brutal Scoundrel) with maybe Student of the Sword as one of my feats and light shield prof. as the other.
Unfortunately, a Rogue Aiel would die rather quickly, as they won't use swords, and most of a Rogue's abilities require the use of a light blade.
Unfortunately, a Rogue Aiel would die rather quickly, as they won't use swords, and most of a Rogue's abilities require the use of a light blade.

Yeah, just noticed that. For some reason I thought there were some of the Brutal Scoundrel exploits that didn't require light blade but there aren't enought. Fighter it is, then.

The Dagger is a light blade. As is the Katar. Both are acceptable to the Jie'Toh.
Race for the Iron Throne - political and historical analysis of A Song of Ice and Fire.
I did an Aiel and went with Scout... Worked well. Got the Arrows, the leather armor (better than heavy armor from the fighter) also has the speed to represent an Aiel and the skills selection is good.

XIII

I agree, the speed boost is a major characteristic of the Aiel.

Equipment: 2-5 shortspears, a buckler, a shortbow and a bunch of arrows.

3.5 feats: Endurance, Run

3.5 Skills: all the strength ones.
At one point i found a awesome re right for the Aiel spear man. based on a Dex/speed based Rage. with a Natural speed increase as you go up in lvls. probably like 6skills+int mod. and like all the dex/str skills and some of the others.
Maybe some thing like this
Dance the Spears
you get a +2 Dex and a +2 con
you also get one additional attack at your Highest base attack bonus but all attacks take a -2 Penalty
Lasts for three rounds +con mod.
After this time the dance ends you become Fatieged
Sign In to post comments