Lizardfolk stats

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone have a homebrew of Lizardfolk racial traits? Or does anyone have any advice on making them?:D Thanks!
This should probably be in Character Building: Hybrid. In that forum at the top you'll find the handy 4e Races Compendium thread which just so happens to have a link for homebrew Lizardfolk stats. Unfortunately that poster seems to think lizardfolk have an affinity for poison (they don't). Since you asked I statted up my own version this morning, but it, too, needs some work.
Your mean
Sorry, I wasn't intending to be. Just curt. Your race would be a good start for a poisonous reptillian race (perhaps some form of Naga? I'm not too familiar with them) but neither 3.5 nor 4.0 lizardfolk use poison naturally. (I suppose it helps that I have the books, of course.) In any case, this is OT.
My guess is that it'd be something more like:

+2 Str, +2 Con

Swamp Walk - Ignores difficult terrain resulting from bog, marshes, and shallow water

+2 Athletics, +2 Nature

+2 AC for having scales
For better or for worse it seems that natural armor (or, in 4.0 terms, racial bonuses to AC defense) have gone the way of the dodo. There's no playable race that gets them, including minotaurs, etc. You could still include them in a homebrew race, of course, but it doesn't gel quite as well.
The +2 AC is just based on a +2 bonus to AC that seems to come from nowhere, and is consistent among the lizardfolk entries.
Hmm, you appear to be correct. I assumed that the higher value was simply because most monsters have higher AC than other defenses (and this may still be the reason), but lizardfolk don't have any armor or other obvious reasons for it. Are there other monsters that feature the same discrepancy, I wonder?
The +2 AC is just based on a +2 bonus to AC that seems to come from nowhere, and is consistent among the lizardfolk entries.

The Human Rabble, lv2 Minion, get AC 15 with a Dex/Int mod of 0 and no listed armor at all. This doesn't mean that Humans should start with an AC +5 bonus. :P
O.o Wow I missed that. In that case, I'd probably throw a tail slap ability in.
Thank you everyone for your replies! And I'm sorry for posing in the wrong forum, I'll pay more attention next time.

Thanks again!
Sign In to post comments