I can't wait to play my Gnome Druid!!!

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of 4th edition and I can't wait to see what great abilities they gave the gnomes. I just love playing gnomes so much more than any other race. They are great fun, and I always preferred them over halflings.

Further, I love druids so much. I think it's one of the only classes I really enjoy playing other than monk of course.

Woo ho!! 3 days to go!
L'ami, there is no druid class yet, sorry (but Gnomes are there - MM playable race).

Is that a serious post or a joke-spam?
Polar hit every exclusion so well this thread has to be a joke. If not, I don't want to be there when they figure it out.
Neceros' Character Sheets
Many sheets for many systems.
glad youre inthused, but theres a little secret i gotta break to ya.

the gnome is not a character race anymore, its a monster, its been replaced with the tiefling, and some more known races.
also, theres no druids, bards, sorcerors, or monks, they have been replaced.
so unfortunatly ur gonna have to stick with 3.5 with your gnome druid, and ur gonna have to start off fresh like most of us.
glad youre inthused, but theres a little secret i gotta break to ya.

the gnome is not a character race anymore, its a monster, its been replaced with the tiefling, and some more known races.
also, theres no druids, bards, sorcerors, or monks, they have been replaced.
so unfortunatly ur gonna have to stick with 3.5 with your gnome druid, and ur gonna have to start off fresh like most of us.

Playable (if optional) race, mind you... but well, sorry, you will have to wait for the class.

Cleric of nature or homebrewed class...
Furthermore should be stated that when the Druid does come out, it is going to be oriented towards Wild-Shape and some Weather Spells.
Druids are not clerics of nature.
Druids are not clerics of nature.

For all the glamour added (and considering classes have changed for some cases VERY much).... yes, they are glorified shaman/cleric/mystic of gaia. It all boils down there.
...no druids or gnome (in PHB at least) this kinda sucks...
What, no gnomes in the PHB? Man, and I have already preordered this books.

I always thought the fourth edition were supposed to be a feast of gnomes. Everything pointed to that.

I sure hope they are not removing the half-orcs or my DM will be mad. All his campaigns are orcalicious.
What, no gnomes in the PHB? Man, and I have already preordered this books.

I always thought the fourth edition were supposed to be a feast of gnomes. Everything pointed to that.

I sure hope they are not removing the half-orcs or my DM will be mad. All his campaigns are orcalicious.

Definitly not a serious poster.
My Half-orc Bard is gonna mop the floor with your Gnomey Dru'd! :D
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of 4th edition and I can't wait to see what great abilities they gave the gnomes. I just love playing gnomes so much more than any other race. They are great fun, and I always preferred them over halflings.

Further, I love druids so much. I think it's one of the only classes I really enjoy playing other than monk of course.

Woo ho!! 3 days to go!

Obvious troll is obvious.
THIS IS NOT /b/!!!
Hmmmm.... could a druid be made maybe by a nature powered warlock? didn't think so...
Not sure if you wrote this just to be sarcastic or not. Gnomes are presented as a playable race in the monster manual, they don't have any racial feats like the other races do in the PHB, but thats not really all that bad as there are only like 3 racial feats per race spread out over the first 20 levels anyway so no major loss there. As far as a Druid is concerned, unless you figure multiclassing a Cleric/Wizard is close enough, you want have that leisure.
Polar may be joking... but my last several characters aren't pleased.

human archery-fighter
1/2 elf bard
gnome sorcerer
1/2 orc monk

Only the first one is even possible... if I forgo getting any benefits from my class. Though I can build a human archer if she suddenly takes an interest in trees...
human archery-fighter

This one's easy. Just play a Human Ranger. Ranger's are Martial, now, so it's not as if your character will be casting Druid spells or anything. Hell, you don't even need to take the Nature skill. You can take Dungeoneering instead.

gnome sorcerer

Gnome Warlock or Wizard would be a good conversion.
I can't seem to find gnome in my PHB, where it belongs, with fleshed out treatment.

As for ranger... the powers and skills are still hunter focused. My old character, as a fighter, was more like a medievil longbow archer. But I will look closer.

As for my sorcerers. First, I grant that sorcerer was also not iconic to DnD. It has no more place in the game than warlock, dragonborn, and eladrin. So... I'm not going to argue that it should be there like my other past choices, just that I miss it, and appreciate that its inclusion in past didn't come at the cost of something that had been iconic. In 3E it was a 'bonus', whereas Warlock now is a replacement. That noted, my Sorcerers in past were built as charmers - charm, sleep, and boosted Cha. I've never built my casters as blasters - which was why I liked sorcerer when it came along, I didn't have to get funky with a magic-user anymore.

Other than the list I'd posted above, the only things I ever played in 3E was a wizard (first time I played 3E),a druid, and a Witch (dmg at first, then switched it to one from a Green Ronin book).
I can't seem to find gnome in my PHB, where it belongs, with fleshed out treatment.

The only real difference between the Gnome, which is in the MM, and the other races in the PHB, is location and the lack of about four Feats. That's hardly enough to make the Gnome unplayable.
I made a fey warlock. I'll just call him a druid. Who's gonna know.
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of 4th edition and I can't wait to see what great abilities they gave the gnomes.

The Gnomes are actually pretty cool! They're there in the back of the MM along with the other playable 'monster' races (Warforged, Drow, minotaur) and none of them have level adjustments, making them all available to 1st level chars! Good stuff.
Hey Gnomes get a lair and treasure to give out to adventures how is that not an upgrade? :P
I actually have been playing a Gnome Druid in my friends 3.5 Campaign... I said I can roll a new char, but the group likes him so much they have offered to keep playing 3.5 with me until I can convert him for reals :D

While I GUESS I can understand why they would move Gnomes out of the PHB... I don't know why fricken druids would get left off the list.
The sad thing is my favorite character has always been a forest gnome multi-classed as druid and monk. Really! Sure, it was hardly optimal... but man, having a short dual-sai-wielding magic ninja who rode atop a giant bat was awesome. And with the forest gnome Hide and Move Silently bonuses (in the 3 and 3.5 MM) it would take a telescope to find him without even placing a single skill in either.
well what is the point of having a high sneak and hide if you area druid? With the exception of when you are in a dungeon, if you are in the open or in a forest you don't need it. Turn into a little bird and perch in a tree. When start using call lightning on your foes... will they suspect a little birdie? or will they metagame and just shoot you for being such a jerk

Btw, i was kidding about the gnome druid post that i started this all with, i couldn't resist
Yeah, well my group are just going to be laughing at me. My last PC was a Gnome Barbarian, before that a Bard, before that a Gnome!