Dagoth Ur(yes morrowind) Tiefling Warlock

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
His Mother died after his birth, leaving Dagoth Ur to the mercy of his Father. As he grew a strange force was calling him, but from where? This drove Dagoth Ur to near madness until he met the source of the voice...A Pit Fiend named Count Malog Mar. From then on Dagoth Ur was his apprentice till adventurers killed Malog Mar, with his help of course. The whole time Dagoth Ur was his apprentice he hated the fiend even though he made the pact willingly. with the fiend out of the way he could choose his own destiny.

ok that about sums up his life from birth till now. any tips on role playing him?
is the CD forum dead right now?
Tips on role playing Dagoth Ur, eh? Not uncaring, but indifferent; one of those anti-heroes who tries to stay dispassionate because they know they get caught up in the moment very easily. Prone to flares of temper that he quickly apologizes for. No real immediate goal, just a general sense of "I have something I need to do, I just don't know what yet..."

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

"I have something I need to do, I just don't know what yet..."

that is the sentence that describes my life :D
How did Malog Mar come to entice him so? Is there a reason the Demon picked him? Or was it a just on a whim of randomness? Perhaps it is because of his Teifling heritiage?

Though he strives for some unknown purpose, towards an unknown goal, keep in mind; he should find his goal on his journey. Plan out where you want him to go or you can base it off of events that happen in game.

If he see's a mighty warlock, that can somehow command the evil spirit that binded him, then he might try something similar to get revenge further against the demon he made the pact with.

A few things to consider for you.

-Rob
I would imagine him as being driven uncontrollably towards power - like his very destiny is pulling him along. I think he would be extremely charismatic, and have very well thought out goals, and he would be extremely direct in achieving his goals (and nothing should stand in his way).

His voice would be resonding, confident and passionate, but he would show little compassion to his lessers.

ps needs to wear a robe, and one single bonemold pauldron (you know I really disliked oblivion for the fact that you could no longer mix and match armor with the same degree of freedom)
You're playing Dagoth Ur? You might consider going with Voryn Dagoth in that light, the pre-crazy Head of House Dagoth.

Well, if memory serves, old Voryn believed himself to be the only one of the dunmer to actually be acting in the dunmers' best interest (well, other than his loyal, corpus-bloated followers).

Dagoth Ur was concerned only with the furthering of the agenda's of his own people, but was initially amicable with others of differing view points. He helped Nerevar overcome the Dwemer to conquer the Heart of Lorhkan. So Voryn would work well in teams, have a great sense of purpose and love for his "people", but have strained relationships with those outside of his race. He would be competent and loyal and accepting of change (he came to power as the Cimer were moving from tribal to centralized societies). Being the most loyal ally of Nerevar, he was entrusted with guarding the Heart and the Tools from others. Essentially, you could playing him as the most fiercly lotal and idealistic follower a king could have. But not a mook or side kick, a full blown conqueror and ruler.

Words that would apply to pre-crazy Voryn Dagoth

-Steadfast
-Loyal
-Patient
-Wise
-Decisive
-Tough
-Commanding

Post crazy Voryn/Dagoth Ur... well... spread corpus and conquer weaker minds.
Resident Shakespeare
You're playing Dagoth Ur? You might consider going with Voryn Dagoth in that light, the pre-crazy Head of House Dagoth.

Well, if memory serves, old Voryn believed himself to be the only one of the dunmer to actually be acting in the dunmers' best interest (well, other than his loyal, corpus-bloated followers).

Dagoth Ur was concerned only with the furthering of the agenda's of his own people, but was initially amicable with others of differing view points. He helped Nerevar overcome the Dwemer to conquer the Heart of Lorhkan. So Voryn would work well in teams, have a great sense of purpose and love for his "people", but have strained relationships with those outside of his race. He would be competent and loyal and accepting of change (he came to power as the Cimer were moving from tribal to centralized societies). Being the most loyal ally of Nerevar, he was entrusted with guarding the Heart and the Tools from others. Essentially, you could playing him as the most fiercly lotal and idealistic follower a king could have. But not a mook or side kick, a full blown conqueror and ruler.

Words that would apply to pre-crazy Voryn Dagoth

-Steadfast
-Loyal
-Patient
-Wise
-Decisive
-Tough
-Commanding

Post crazy Voryn/Dagoth Ur... well... spread corpus and conquer weaker minds.

will definitly consider it
Sign In to post comments