Need ideas for a Warlock

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Warlocks Name is gonna be Grendle Waskue and is Male. thats as far as Ive gotten...HELP!
Blarg?
Okay, if you are planning on playing a warlock, one of the most important details is what kind of patron your character has. Is it a demon, fey, or star pact? Did the character sign a deal with the patron willingly or unwillingly? What kind of personality does the patron have?

Answering those questions for yourself should help you get started. I am not sure how to help anymore without more detail.
My patron is a Fey and i was willing to make the pact
What do you need help with?
like good race, backstory that sort of thing.
Without knowing what your preferences are, it's hard for us to give suggestions.
oh sorry, my /b/ad. Race wise Im leaning towards Dragonborn or Tiefling. Pact wise its either Hellpact or Starpact. and its going to male and doesn't know what its goals are in life... yet. Finally its going to be evil or unaligned... dont know which yet (depends on what every1 else is going to be in my game...)
oh sorry, my /b/ad. Race wise Im leaning towards Dragonborn or Tiefling. Pact wise its either Hellpact or Starpact. and its going to male and doesn't know what its goals are in life... yet.

Well, I assume he must at least want power, otherwise why did he make a warlock's pact?

Why are you unable to decide between Dragonborn or Tiefling? Just curious, and knowing the answer might give us a clue as to what you really want.
again my /b/ad. He made the pact for 2 reasons... to force people to do what he wants, and so that he can achieve his goal (whatever that may be)
again my /b/ad. He made the pact for 2 reasons... to force people to do what he wants, and so that he can achieve his goal (whatever that may be)

I have to admit, I don't know enough details about the different types of pacts to give you a nuanced answer, but it sounds like either type of pact you are considering would work for your purposes. Of course, deciding what his goal is would be a good idea too.;)
Well, you have decided that you want a dragonborn or teifling right? Ok. Why not wait to see what the 4E Players' Handbook says first. Maybe something from the book will interest you.
The impression I'm getting is that the Star Pact will be about Fear and Fate, while the Infernal Pact will be about Pain and Pyrotechnics. Either will help your character acheive his goals, but if he also wants to force obedience, then you have to decide how he's going to go about it. If he frightens them with knowledge about Things Which Should Not Be Known, go with the Star Pact. If it's about the threat of torture and pain, go with the Infernal Pact (nothing inspires obedience like the ability to send people to Hell).
yeah i think ill go with hellpacts
OK, so he is a Tiefling/Dragonborn Hellpact Warlock who wants the ability to gain power and manipulate others. This is a very good place to start, for me.

Seems to me that the natural occupation for your character is to tempt others into giving their souls to your devil patron. This would be a good method of alternate payment, if you don't want your character to have sold his own soul.

When you see your character in your mind's eye, what is he doing, and what (if you have decided yet) is he wearing or equipped with?
Let your voice be heard! Tell WotC to Publish D&D 4e under the OGL!
Both the dragonborn and the tiefling have many many reasons to want the powers you discribed for your character. As it has been stated, the reason why your character wants the power might be a determining factor for choosing a race.

However, if you want to go with the most optimal sellection, go tiefling. They make the best warlocks, IMO, what with Bloodhunt and Infernal Wrath (which I assume does CHA extra damage). Sorry for bringing CO to the CD.
what i see my warlock wearing is a black cloak that he has made perpetually smell like brimstone. he wields a mace of some sort (dont know what 4e will have to offer about that) and has a diabolic symbol around his neck. as for his soul, he sold it. The true purpose of his existences is to ascend to devil-hood in some way, shape, or form. He is a worshiper of Asmodeus and goes out of his way to kill anyone who worships Orcus. He fears only himself (because at birth he violently killed every one around him without ever figuring out how he killed them).
Interesting. Maybe your character was a tiefling magically born to two human parents, and the curse of the devil who bewitched you and your parents caused everyone around you to die at birth, with only you living. The scent of brimstone is the reminent of the curse that killed your parents.

Just an idea.
Interesting. Maybe your character was a tiefling magically born to two human parents, and the curse of the devil who bewitched you and your parents caused everyone around you to die at birth, with only you living. The scent of brimstone is the reminent of the curse that killed your parents.

Just an idea.

BRILLIANT! :D
as for his soul, he sold it. The true purpose of his existences is to ascend to devil-hood in some way, shape, or form. He is a worshiper of Asmodeus...

Love it.
I talked with my DM and he suggested that also he was raised by a tribe of savage humanoids (maybe bugbears... if they are in 4e to begin with) and is their "shaman" (they, too, worship Asmodeus)