Team Combos

Lets start using this space to explore the possibilities of evolving the team play area. The decks presented here are cool 1-1 decks but why isn't there any consideration put into building deck with synergy. Or even a partner in mind?
I played with this dude yesterday who had devoted all of his deck to nothing but life gain and slight removal... I myself played an elf-beatdown deck... Worked magically together I didn't need to worry about keeping anything back for blocking anything at all since he was gaining a ridiculous amount of life all the time:D
How to make a powerful team deck? Cloudpost + Vesuva

Turn 3 Darksteel Colossus? Remember to put your Worldslayer on on turn 4. Or maybe turn 3 Mindslaver? It can happen! Turn 2 Chalice of the Voids auto countering CMC 1 and 2? No sweat! ;)

Of course, this can rapidly make games not so fun.
Lets start using this space to explore the possibilities of evolving the team play area. The decks presented here are cool 1-1 decks but why isn't there any consideration put into building deck with synergy. Or even a partner in mind?

I agree and support this Idea. I have found that variations on underworld dreams decks work amazingly well together. My version runs Mox, Owls and wheel and deals and usually pulls no later then turn 5 for a win....as early as 3 but mostly turn 4. I also have luck with a Mass removal deck that has no real formula as I tweak it nightly, but the goal is to remove all key cards from the opponents while i build mana and my partner keeps them pinned. Its win is Kokusho abuse.
A page out of the old 1-1-1 emperor playbook could be useful here. One player is designated to 'go off', and the other one provides support, card draw, mana acceleration and so on to that player, from as little as a turn 1 wild growth or twiddle through to using thoughtsieze and Pact of Negation to make sure the unstoppable turn is unstoppable.
Mass removal/mass discard/mass LD, combined with countermeasures to the same (indestructibility/regeneration, Geth's Grimoire, land recursion).
Feel free to bring your ideas and your decks and partners to Partnered Pandemonium tonight. We welcome everyone to come and play. We have prize support and the games have been very interesting. Partnered Pandemonium is a 2hg ext pre and registration starts on Thursday's at 8pm est. and closes at 9 pm est. games start soon there after. all info is posted in Pre thread and will be reposted in the /join PP room during registration. And the most important thing the tourney is free. Have Fun!
I kinda wish you could keep the spam in the PRE forum where it belongs...
Regarding team decks, I've found two cards that really shine in Standard Two-Headed Giants:

Malfegor - If your partner is playing a beatdown deck, this literally clears the way.
Identity Crisis - A must have for any deck playing those colors. Odds are one of your opponents are playing control. This card makes that point moot, and ensures either you or your partner can play anything unhindered for multiple turns.

Both of these cards are extremely powerful from what I've seen. I am regularly paired with my friend playing Aggro, so Malfegor goes off like an atomic bomb when he hits the board.
And I bet neither one of you announces that you're playing teamdecks when two unsuspecting suckers sit down expecting a fair game...
I enjoy sitting with a stranger against team decks and walking away the winner!
I also like teaming up with buddies.
Malfegor - If your partner is playing a beatdown deck, this literally clears the way.

The problem I'm running into with Malfegor is that by the time I have enough lands out to bring him up, my hand is down to 2 or less. Usually less. How do you manage this?

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.