I've been asked to collect my random thoughts on Thursdays rather than Fridays, so here they are:
Act Like a Shardmind
In most parts of the world, shardminds are curiosities, almost freaks. People don’t understand them or their motivations. The Living Gate is incomprehensible to most people shardminds meet, and the psychic powers shardminds gravitate toward are strange to these people. To help you live up to this legacy, here are some sayings and habits you can include while playing a shardmind.
- This one acknowledges your existence.
- Greetings, unique individual.
- Salutations. Of what shattered astral construct are you a part?
- This one awaits proof that you are sapient.
- This one wonders why you do not share thoughts with me.
9 Unnerving Habits
- Refuse to speak. Use telepathy to the exclusion of all other communication.
- Pulse the light you emanate in time with what you imagine your heart rate would be, if you had one.
- Stare intently at people.
- Emanate light only while speaking or communicating.
- Never look at people. Look in radically different directions instead, especially while communicating telepathically with them.
- Douse the light you emanate to indicate that you are not paying attention to a person or event.
- Repeat anything that is spoken to you, broadcasting it telepathically, as if it is unique that you can understand speech.
- Douse the light you emanate and slump your form to pretend that you are inactive and unaware.
- Pluck a shard from your form and offer to trade it for someone’s finger.
- This one cannot hear your friend’s mind. Is it damaged?
- When you die, no immortal guardianship is failed. How are you important again?
- This one calls attention to your shape, which is more spherical than is commonly considered pleasant to view.
- Your actions have not conclusively proven your sapience. You may continue trying.
- Let all here note the faux pas just now enacted by you.
- You exhibit less reason than some entities of the Far Realm this one has had the honor to destroy.
- Please explain to this one how it is that entities attend you when you are clearly without redeeming virtue.
Peter Schaefer likes to share his thoughts occasionally. These are some of the random ones.