[3.5] Maximizing my Spellcraft

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So something I like to do is dream up completely over-the-top epic spells; the main obstacle being the absurdly high Spellcraft requirement, which is typically in the thousands.

How does one increase Spellcraft up enough, other than leveling to the impossible Level 1000+? I've considered magic items, but all I know of is the constant effect item cost, which is the bonus squared. Is there any way to temporarily increase your Spellcraft for the purpose of casting a spell? xD Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.  
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
This thread has some great ways to boost Spellcraft in that section of the first post. www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t...

He leaves out item familiar though. Grab lesser schemas of the cleric spells.
Cool thanks! ^-^ Main trouble is that I don't think it's gonna get it up to the 1000s xD I was basically wondering if there's a way to make a temporary spell using Epic seeds, or a way to make a non-constant effect magic item to boost it (and hence would be cheaper than bonus-squaredx1000 gp) or something along those lines. xD
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Epic spellcasting DCs are all about followers - lots and lots and lots of followers, all contributing their tiny little +2 bonuses via Aid Another. It's thematically appropriate in addition to being the easiest method, as you employ hundreds of low level wizards and scribes to research for you while you work on your legendary new spell.