PEACH Ranger|Fighter Dragonborn

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
After much discussion I have concluded this is the best fit for me. It may not be the hardest hitting striker in the entire game, but I'd like to make this particular character the best character it can be. I may have feats in the wrong order. I may have misconceptions about combos (Using breath, then activating the bloodfrenzy weapon to recharge my breath to use it again and get a bonus from my racial for damage). I may have terrible items. I will however provide the links below on the research I did to piece this build together.

We are starting at 3rd level. This group will -hopefully- be able to stick together and make it to epic. I am making this planning for a long term campaign, but I don't know how long it will really last. That said I will provide a full build just as a leveling guide for myself for future reference and hope we will reach level 30 someday.

The first two resources consulted were the Figher and Ranger Handbooks present in the CharOP link compendium.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... This guide gave me a few item selections, and general ideas that reiterate what is shown in a later linked guide for breath weapon reusing.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... This guide taught me how to maximize my turns for the most efficiency. I may still have some combos wrong.

dungeonsmaster.com/2011/04/dragon-breath... This article gave me the idea to focus on a breath-weapon sytle build. I also pulled many recommended items from this section.

Without further ado, the build.

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Abraxus, level 30
Dragonborn, Fighter/Ranger, Honorable Blade, Avatar of Io
Hybrid Ranger Option: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Hybrid Talent Option: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent Option: Tempest Technique (Hybrid)
Draconic Resistance Option: Draconic Resistance Lightning
Binding Initiate Option: Binding Initiate (Star Pact)
Dragonborn Racial Power Option: Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Lightning
Inherent Bonuses
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Sohei

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 28, CON 21, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 17

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 13, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 11

AC: 41 Fort: 44 Ref: 40 Will: 41
HP: 186 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 51

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +30, Dungeoneering +21, History +22, Intimidate +31, Perception +23

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Arcana +15, Bluff +18, Diplomacy +18, Endurance +19, Heal +16, Insight +18, Nature +16, Religion +15, Stealth +18, Streetwise +18, Thievery +18

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Sohei Attack: Sohei Flurry
Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Hunter's Quarry  Power: Hunter's Quarry
Warlock Utility: Hidden Lore
Warlock Attack: Mind Shadows
Fighter Attack 1: Dual Strike
Ranger Attack 1: Twin Strike
Ranger Utility 2: Entangling Roots
Dragonborn Utility 6: Dragon's Dive
Fighter Utility 10: Defensive Advance
Honorable Blade Attack 11: Draconic Sidestep
Honorable Blade Utility 12: Draconic Leap
Ranger Attack 13: Off-Hand Diversion
Fighter Utility 16: Immovable Mountain
Fighter Attack 19: Devastation's Wake
Honorable Blade Attack 20: Whirling Dragon
Fighter Utility 22: Hard to Kill
Ranger Attack 23: Nonchalant Collapse
Ranger Attack 25: Circling Cascade
Avatar of Io Utility 26: Divine Resistance
Ranger Attack 27: Death Rend
Ranger Attack 29: Five-Missile Dance

FEATS
Two-Weapon Defense
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Drow long knife)
Level 4: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 6: Bolstering Breath
Level 8: Raging Storm
Level 10: Improved Defenses
Level 11: Broken Shackles
Level 12: Enlarged Dragon Breath
Level 14: Thundering Breath
Level 16: Empowered Dragon Breath
Level 18: Resounding Thunder
Level 20: Critical Breath
Level 21: Epic Will
Level 22: Dragon Warrior
Level 24: Draconic Triumph
Level 26: Concussive Breath
Level 28: Dragonbreath Warrior
Level 30: Binding Initiate

ITEMS
Drow long knife of the Conqueror +6 x1
Longsword of the Conqueror +6
Demonskin Elderhide Armor +6 x1
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor x1
Ring of the Radiant Storm x1
Adventurer's Kit
Belt of Giant Strength x1
Arkhosian Scepter +6
Blood Fury Longsword +6 x1
Wyrmtouched Amulet +6 x1
====== End ======
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

You're doing Honorable Blade and not using Firewind?
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I wasn't aware that there was synergy there. The guide that tells you how to make a martial style breather said to use lightning style and use a different type of weapon. I chose Bloodfury weapon under the assumption I could double-tap my breath by causing myself to "be considered bloody" which triggers a feat iirc to reuse my breath weapon. This also may not exactly work as intended..
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

As explained in the last thread, Firewind Blade with Honorable Blade/Shocking Flame means you get another instance of damage with every hit. Right now I don't know many ways to add to that damage as a Dragonborn Ranger|Fighter but I'm sure someone will mention a couple.
I was focusing on Lightning/Thunder keywords instead... Raging Storm, Thundering Breath, Resounding Thunder... Is the fire chain better than Lightning?
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Um, when we discussed the idea of a Ranger|Fighter (Tempest), it was as a Str/Dex race, for a Str/Dex build. That isn't an optional component, you need to do it that way to have acceptable AC for a half defender half melee striker.
So the dragonborn race is out? No breather build? It would have to be a half-orc then.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Do the math. Firewind Blade is an additional instance of 1+enhancement damage on every hit. Fiery Blood gives you a feat bonus to damage with fire attacks.

If you are using Dragon Breath often enough, Thundering Breath + Draconic Arrogance can add up, but on a multiattacker it shouldn't be comparable to FWB.

Edit: I didn't look at your AC at first but now that Alcestis mentioned it, your AC needs work.
There are 5 Str/Dex races I can see.

Half-Orc.
Thri-Kreen.
Vrykola
Bugbear
Bladeling.

I think only 2 have enough racial support to be viable, Half-Orc and Thri-Kreen, right?
I may have missed a race.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

You can go STR/DEX on a Dragonborn. You'll be 1 AC, Ref and Init behind. You'll get +1 to Will and the Chance to take Superior Will in Paragon though. IMHO that's viable.

Of the other races, Half-Orc is the best choice. It's got feats for +2/+5 when first bloodied. Combine with Blood Fury and Battlecrazed Axes and your nova will hit benchmarks. It will still be far behind the Elemental Damage focused builds though. Plus, taking axes over blades means your proficiency bonus will only be +2.
Honestly, all this hybrid / breathing / firewind blade / extra damage instance stuff is probably unnecessarily complicated if you're still starting out.  If you just want to make a good striker for a campaign starting at level 3, I recommend sticking with sky blue or better options from LordDuskblade's ranger handbook, maybe a version of Shoot To Thrill.  The character will be easy to build, understand, and play, and it will be very strong for all level ranges.

Yes, all this hybrid cleric firewind blade business will make for a stronger striker, but the difference doesn't seem to be worth the effort and learning curve.
Honestly, all this hybrid / breathing / firewind blade / extra damage instance stuff is probably unnecessarily complicated if you're still starting out.  If you just want to make a good striker for a campaign starting at level 3, I recommend sticking with sky blue or better options from LordDuskblade's ranger handbook, maybe a version of Shoot To Thrill.  The character will be easy to build, understand, and play, and it will be very strong for all level ranges.

Yes, all this hybrid cleric firewind blade business will make for a stronger striker, but the difference doesn't seem to be worth the effort and learning curve.

Well I've pretty much figured out the recipe for Fighter|Ranger. The powers and stuff are self-explanatory if you follow that guide and his Fighter guide. Pick all the Gold/Skyblue for alternating levels that let you get the most out of your action (tons of minor attacks, etc..)

I don't really need skyscraper damage from Elemental builds.

It appears it's something like Elemental Genasi Build > Half-Orc Fighter|Ranger > Dragonborn Breather Fighter|Ranger.

I crossed out the Elemental one because I'd rather not piss everyone at my table off and solo encounters. Being a good, solid contributing member is one thing, yes I will be the "only striker" but I don't want to discourage people by being so good I solo encounters and they're like "Why even play it's a team of one."

The only issue is that I have no direction for feats/items after the void is left from all the breath weapon slots are freed up. Also Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies :/ Everything was 100% geared toward doing breath weapons and multiple attacks.

I retain multiple attacks but...lose breath weapons and all that specialization.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

For a Fighter|Ranger I personally love Blade Dancer. It's mostly defensive buffs but they are so good and the 11th level encounter power is fantastic for striking and defense. Action point effect is also perfect for a build who mostly uses encounter powers for minor action attacks.
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
Curious why you're using a Longsword - a main hand Drow Long Knife will be better as it gets the Tempest Fighter bonuses for being an offhand weapon. Longsword won't.
Building on JoCa's comment, why even use a feat for Heavy Blades? You can grab two Short Swords and get Light Blade supporting feats.
Alcestis gave me this, so I will just use this.

Show

level 11
Half-Orc, Ranger|Fighter, Shock Trooper
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent: Tempest Technique (Hybrid)
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 12, Dex 21, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 28 Fort: 28 Reflex: 27 Will: 22
HP: 84 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +14, Intimidate +12, Athletics +14, Nature +12, Religion +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Arcana +4, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +7, Heal +7, History +4, Insight +9, Perception +9, Streetwise +5, Thievery +9

FEATS
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Improved Defenses

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Well so far so good but there are no powers and only 3 feats selected in that build you just posted.
Building on JoCa's comment, why even use a feat for Heavy Blades? You can grab two Short Swords and get Light Blade supporting feats.

I'm guessing it was for access to Firewind Blade and to have a ranged option since DLK is heavy thrown.

Well so far so good but there are no powers and only 3 feats selected in that build you just posted.

The import function doesn't always work quite right. It is a complete build.
I'm guessing it was for access to Firewind Blade and to have a ranged option since DLK is heavy thrown.

Oh, I was under the impression that the OP went away from that, woops
Show

level 11
Half-Orc, Ranger|Fighter, Shock Trooper
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent: Tempest Technique (Hybrid)
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 12, Dex 21, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 28 Fort: 28 Reflex: 27 Will: 22
HP: 84 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +14, Intimidate +12, Athletics +14, Nature +12, Religion +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Arcana +4, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +7, Heal +7, History +4, Insight +9, Perception +9, Streetwise +5, Thievery +9

FEATS
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Improved Defenses
Level 6: Disciple of Divine Wrath
Level 8: Cunning Stalker
Level 10: Nimble Blade
Level 11: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Dual Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Off-Hand Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Jaws of the Wolf
Hybrid utility 2: Begin the Hunt
Hybrid encounter 3: Rain of Blows
Hybrid daily 5: Dancing Defense
Hybrid utility 6: Kirre's Roar
Hybrid encounter 7: Opportunist's Rend
Hybrid daily 9: Attacks on the Run
Hybrid utility 10: Glowering Threat

ITEMS
Rhythm Blade Short sword +3, Magic Short sword +3, Predator's Hide Tembo Hide Armor +3, Amulet of Protection +3, Symbol of Victory +2

This is the complete one. Sorry for the cutoff.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Opportunist's Rend over Disrupting Strike?
Alcestis built it. I just shrugged and said "ok." It seems like he/she's an expert so I don't sweat it.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Yeah I'm asking him actually
Opportunist's Rend over Disrupting Strike?

Given his group composition and the fact that they are slackers, him taking hits is better. Disruptive will make the DM hesitate to do that, as will using up his immediate for the round on not-punishing. Plus it has an amusing synergy with Dancing Defense. It can also eliminate an elite (almost a solo) from the board. Minor: OoE. Move: Self-buff. Standard: Charge with Opportunists Rend. AP: RoB. No dailies in there, just the AP, which symbol of Victory and multi-rolls will make happen slightly more often than every other encounter. For standards you can Charge+AP Twin Strike, and still have RoB+off-hand strike or Sohei left over for another standard on round 2. If he had a movement enabling leader, I might switch it out, though if he had an attack granting leader, I might not... also @11 he gets yet another standard triple-tap, which will kill yet another standard outright using his other minor action attack.

By keeping all the actions on his turn, the build is just simpler. His only off-actions are mark punishments. And one monster per round, assuming you don't miss, is good enough I think. Though the fact that he can use Rend as a mark punishment also has some interesting options. Bloodied target attacks ally? Chances are you just killed it, invalidating the attack.

My personal preference would be to shore up the defending side a bit more, I'd MC Warden for the extra multi-mark and take CaGI. Kirrie's Roar+CaGI+Defender of the Wild is three rounds of multi-marking. But he is trying to be a primary striker.

TL;DR: Basically it is a flexible pick that keeps things simple.
Also note that with Opportunist's Rend your DM will think twice as hard about if he should disobey your mark or not.

Fighter hybrids shouldn't pick IAs anyway. They have Combat Challenge for that. The only problem they have is, if they don't pick CaGI and rather stick with single-target striking powers, hybrid Fighters have a hard time applying their mark and therefore making their CC trigger. It becomes even harder than only the constriction due to hybriding, since single-target striking tends to kill enemies now. So you wont profit from CC too often. A way to bypass that is Kirre's Roar.

The obvious no-brainer power setup at lvl 7 would be RoB, Off-Hand Strike and Ruffling Sting for a quintuple-hitting non-AP encounter nova. CC for IAs. Depending on situation using one of the minors for Kirre's Roar instead may be better.
Theme-selection may unlock 1 encounter slot to pick something else.

No-brainer power setup would indeed require smart allies, tho. So, Alcestis build definitely fits pretty well.
How about Trip Up instead of Opportunist's Rend? It targets reflex, can use primary weapon (when your enchants aren't both upgraded), slows the target, and can avoid overkill (hate it when I use a double tap encounter power and kill the target with the first attack). Still just as flexible (you can use it on mark punishment). Only down side is you have to hit with the basic attack, unlike Opportunist's Rend which gives you both attacks regardless. I think it's worth the trade off.

Also, I'd make one of the weapons a farbond spellblade. If you have the dex for a ranged twin strike, may as well have the flexibility to throw if you're immobilized, slowed, or otherwise can't get to your target.
Trip Up eats your free action attack for that turn and Fighters happen to have absolutely awesome free action dailies.

Opportunist's Rend is also situationally better, since, if you have to charge, you can charge with it and still be able to fire one of your free action dailies afterwards for 3 swings in total. Trip Up charges are max. 2 swings without AP.
Honestly, looking through the other thread and this, my advice would be to go "back" to Ranger|Cleric, Hybrid Talent Two-Weapon Fighting, Pathfinder PP, Battle Awareness MC, Guardian theme, take Disruptive Strike and play with the Fighter for extra attacks. Side-by-side against foes with single-target attacks and one of you will be getting an extra attack.

Rather than trying to build and work with something you don't fully understand and expecting good results, build using repeatable tactics. That also lets the Fighter have some fun with extra attacks when the DM goes for you.
Trip Up eats your free action attack for that turn and Fighters happen to have absolutely awesome free action dailies.

Only good one I can think of that a Fighter|Ranger might pick up is Sudden Opportunity at 15, and you can use that off-turn. Don't really see a big conflict there but you could train out of Trip Up at that point if need be.

Sudden Onslaught and Jackal Strike being the other ones. Trip Up is far better for MBA centric builds like Slayer, that don't want to "overwrite" their awesome MBA, but for vanilla MBA dual wielding builds, Opportunist's Rend is better in most cases. No real drawbacks (-2[W] in epic doesn't matter) and even some advantages.
Trip Up prones, and Fighters are going to MBA off-turn, and have support for making actual MBAs (specifically CC or OA), so I'm really not seeing how Trip Up interferes with quality or number of attacks per round.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Since you mentioned you're starting at level 3, and your only marking ability comes in at level 6, you might find Sentinel Marshal useful as a theme.
Well let me show you the rest of the party. I'm sure it's probably a terrible party, but I made the characters following the guide books for the people since they basically can't be bothered.

ORIGINAL PARTY:

Cavalier
Ranger|Something Hybrid
Warlod
Wizard
Warlock

NEW PARTY:

The Cavalier became a lazercleric as I followed all the suggested powers the guy recommends in his cleric handbook which is the following build. The reason being he had 0 idea how to play the defender role and was only doing it for the RP purposes of being a "horsewhisperer" because they get free horses or something. We could just as easily give his fat drunk dwarf cleric a horse and he can be a horsewhisperer that way too. His job is to stand in the back and heal people since he apparently doesn't like being out front doing things.

Show

Lewis, level 3
Dwarf, Cleric (Templar)
Build: Devoted Cleric
Cleric Option: Battle Cleric's Lore
Inherent Bonuses
Impiltur (Impiltur Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 20, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 18, CHA 14

AC: 21 Fort: 13 Ref: 12 Will: 19
HP: 42 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +8, Heal +11, Insight +11, Religion +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +0, Athletics +1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +4, History +0, Intimidate +3, Nature +6, Perception +6, Stealth +1, Streetwise +3, Thievery +1

POWERS
Dwarf Racial Power: Dwarven Resilience
Cleric Feature: Divine Fortune
Cleric Feature: Turn Undead
Cleric Utility: Healing Word
Cleric Attack 1: Sacred Flame
Cleric Attack 1: Lance of Faith
Cleric Attack 1: Earthen Hail
Cleric Attack 1: Moment of Glory
Cleric Utility 2: Cure Light Wounds
Cleric Attack 3: Hymn of Resurgence

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Mark of Healing
Level 2: Holy Symbol Expertise

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Make Whole
Brew Potion
Icon of the Silver Flame +1 x1
Ironclad Scale Armor +1 x1
Amulet of Life Protection +1 x1
Scale Armor
Adventurer's Kit
Holy Symbol
Morningstar x1
====== End ======

The Ranger|Something Hybird was our other striker. My DM imagines him as being a Link-type character from legend of Zelda. I didn't know what class fit that theme, so I picked basic fighter and tried to build it as a striker since he's our secondary striker anyway. It's probably a terrible build but I did my best based on Link's character (Spinning Attacks and stuff).

Show

Link, level 3
Elf, Fighter/Ranger
Hybrid Ranger Option: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Inherent Bonuses
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 13, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 10, DEX 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 10

AC: 14 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 12
HP: 41 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Athletics +10, Dungeoneering +7, Perception +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +0, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +1, Heal +2, History +0, Insight +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +4, Religion +0, Stealth +4, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4

POWERS
Elf Racial Power: Elven Accuracy
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Hunter's Quarry  Power: Hunter's Quarry
Fighter Attack 1: Weapon Master's Strike
Ranger Attack 1: Marauder's Rush
Ranger Attack 1: Off-Hand Strike
Fighter Attack 1: Driving Attack
Fighter Utility 2: Shielding Shove
Fighter Attack 3: Sweeping Blow

FEATS
Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 2: Heavy Armor Agility

ITEMS
Scale Armor
Adventurer's Kit
Luckblade Bastard sword +1 x1
Light Shield x1
Longbow
Arrow
Arrows
====== End ======

The third person, who used to be a Warlord got traded out for his OWN idea which was a Bugbear Paladin who tried to do the right thing but was too dumb/evil to actually do the right thing. My DM feels Paladins are to be revered and respected and puts them on a pedastool, so instead he decided to make the Bugbear a Knight which is essentially the same thing in concept, for RP anyway. It's also IIRC one of the best defenders. Since it was his OWN idea hopefully he will love his new character I made for him.

Show

Michael Wall, level 3
Bugbear, Fighter (Knight)
Knight Option: Shield Finesse
Inherent Bonuses
Convert (Religion class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 14, DEX 14, INT 8, WIS 14, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 14, DEX 12, INT 8, WIS 14, CHA 11

AC: 22 Fort: 18 Ref: 16 Will: 14
HP: 41 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Endurance +6, Heal +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +0, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +3, History +0, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +0, Stealth +3, Streetwise +1, Thievery +1

POWERS
Bugbear Racial Power: Predatory Eye
Fighter Attack: Battle Guardian
Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura
Fighter Utility: Defend the Line
Fighter Utility: Cleaving Assault
Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike
Fighter Utility 2: Pass Forward

FEATS
Shield Finesse
Level 1: Bludgeon Expertise
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)

ITEMS
Vicious Warhammer +1
Delver's Plate Armor +1 x1
Cloak of Resistance +1 x1
Plate Armor
Adventurer's Kit
Warhammer x1
Heavy Shield x1
Maul (Large)
====== End ======

The character who USED to be a Wizard we combined with being a Warlord so she could basically tell her boyfriend (the Link character) what to do. "Attack here!" (Direct the Strike/Commander's Strike). She plays a pixie and is a mix between a Lazylord/Wizard for control powers like Sleep/Beguiling Strand/Mind Control stuff. Basically a Lazylord/Enchantress. Is it probably the worst build ever? Yes. I did my best to make something functional and to fit the idea of Link's little fairy "Navi". You know, fairies/pixies use enchantment magic and Navi is always going "HEY LISTEN!" So she can yell hey listen at him and make him do what she wants (attack this!)

Show

Lacey, level 3
Pixie, Warlord/Wizard
Warlord Leadership Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Fortitude
Inherent Bonuses
Adventurer's Scion (Adventurer's Scion Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 18, WIS 10, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 16, WIS 10, CHA 16

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 16
HP: 32 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, Diplomacy +10, History +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Athletics +0, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Heal +1, Insight +1, Intimidate +5, Nature +3, Perception +1, Religion +5, Stealth +3, Streetwise +5, Thievery +1

POWERS
Pixie Utility: Pixie Dust
Pixie Utility: Shrink
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Wizard Utility: Ghost Sound
Wizard Utility: Suggestion
Wizard Utility: Whispering Wind
Wizard Utility: Light
Wizard Attack 1: Beguiling Strands
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Wizard Attack 1: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
Wizard Attack 1: Sleep
Warlord Attack 1: Powerful Warning
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem

FEATS
Level 1: Staff Expertise
Level 2: Improved Inspiring Word

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
Adventurer's Kit
Staff Implement x1
====== End ======

And I was playing a fire based Infernal Pact lock based off my Forsaken Destruction Warlock from WoW but my DM liked a character I played in the past that was really brutal and savage and wanted me to play something like that. Since we don't actually have another "striker class" I wanted to make something that hit really hard. Hence the question "Which striker class hits hardest." After awhile somebody threw me the Half-Orc build and I said "ok". So the half-orc build is my character.

This is the full party. Feel free to tell us we suck and we're all going to die now. At least it might be fun trying to progress in the game...or something.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Trip Up prones, and Fighters are going to MBA off-turn, and have support for making actual MBAs (specifically CC or OA), so I'm really not seeing how Trip Up interferes with quality or number of attacks per round.

You got a point there. Totally forgot about the synergy between Trip Up and Combat Challenge/OAs for non-flail users, that still want to have an option for an occasional lockdown/attack negating. 
The only builds, that i love Opportunist's Rend more on, are obviously builds, that regularly make more than 1-2 MBAs per turn, in which case the free action attack limit is truly a problem (e.g. the build i linked).