Session 7 Field Report

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here is the our session blog for week 7, we made a few changes as per suggestions from these forums and I must say they worked really well, thanks guys once again for some excellent tips.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Field report for D&D Encounters: Search for the Diamond Staff (Week 7) now available at Dungeon's Master.com.


The session was long but both groups I ran (D&D Next) had a great time. The puzzle with the statues gave one group considerably more trouble than the other, but in the end both groups got it. I provided visual aids for the second group which made things a lot clearer.


For the combat I changed the 3 medium dragons into 1 gargantuan dragon. It made the encounter a lot more exciting. The first group (party of 4) did a pretty good job on the dragon but the Zhent soldiers made things a lot tougher. The second group (party of 6) had three Wizards so they did considerably better against multiple foes. They did a lot of creative fighting against the dragon, including a Paladin riding him the whole combat. Click through for pics.


We discuss the ups and downs, what worked and what didn’t in this week’s Recounting Encounters Podcast (also available through iTunes).


Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as actual play podcasts and pre-generated characters.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Sign In to post comments