I figured I'd share the work I've been doing on monster analysis with the wider D&D Next community, in the hope that others might gain some value from them.
As an index...
- Part 1: Getting Started
- Part 2: Class Development Profiling
- Part 3: Monster Data Entry
- Part 4: AC Analysis
- Interlude: A New Packet
- Part 5: Attack Bonus Analysis
- Part 6: Hitpoint Analysis
- Part 7: Damage Analysis
- Part 8: Putting It All Together
- Part 9: XP Table Review
- Part 10: Final Packet Analysis
- Part 11: Rebooting The Math: Introduction
I'll be keeping this first post up to date with edits as new installments are posted.
Please note that I'm not a professional game designer or statistician, just a hobbyist who's loving this iteration of the game so far... But really, really needs to know how to build and customise monsters with some reliability. So all constructive feedback is appreciated.
Feel free to discuss!