Alternative Sealed Builds [Why you M8s should be giving Magic your $$$ for more Sealed Slots]

309 posts / 0 new
Last post
I kinda doubt that, dont spread the rumor lol
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)
Do your purchased slots stay purchased if you lose your save data but log in on the same account?

2 + 2 = fish

Hey mjack33, just so you know you can also change the AI difficulty if you are having trouble unlocking decks....you probably selected "a lot" when you were asked about magic difficulty and its set high.
thats the word. I'm doing my own test as we speak, but we are stricty speaking for ipad. pretty sure deck unlocks for meta get reset by the uninstall... but to be honest, I don't give a **** for the meta this year.
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)
Do your purchased slots stay purchased if you lose your save data but log in on the same account?

Yes, I still have all 20 slots. Secondtime doing this. Just have to regrind them out and open the new cards...
Hey mjack33, just so you know you can also change the AI difficulty if you are having trouble unlocking decks....you probably selected "a lot" when you were asked about magic difficulty and its set high.

I already tried that, does not help.

2 + 2 = fish

thats the word. I'm doing my own test as we speak, but we are stricty speaking for ipad. pretty sure deck unlocks for meta get reset by the uninstall... but to be honest, I don't give a **** for the meta this year.

Oh yes, you are going to have toredo the campaing and unlock all the decks and cards again. I don't grind though. I bought like five or six decks for $1 and they remain fully unlocked each reset.
Breakdown of mythic rares in my 30 slots

Grave Titan - 8 (with 2 double ups)
Primordial Hydra - 7
Ring of wishes - 5
Inferno  Titan - 4
Scourge Valkas - 4
Xathrid - 4 
Time Warp - 4
Gaea's Revenge - 2
Archangel Thune - 1
Angelic Destiny - 1
Windreader Sphinx - Zero

I'll trade you my windreader sphinx for 2 grave titans and a time warp :D
add me on steam =) highzenborg
So my situation is that I play on 2 consoles.  I was wondering if my purchased slots and deck keys would be available on the other console as long as I use the same account.  Can anyone help with this?  I cannot test it right now, as my other console is in for repairs.

2 + 2 = fish

Not sure man, sorry. Your on a PS right?

Yes, I still have all 20 slots. Secondtime doing this. Just have to regrind them out and open the new cards...

Does this work on steam?

2 + 2 = fish

So my situation is that I play on 2 consoles.  I was wondering if my purchased slots and deck keys would be available on the other console as long as I use the same account.  Can anyone help with this?  I cannot test it right now, as my other console is in for repairs.

I am not sure the reset works on consoles. Only confirmed on ipad. I know if you are on ps3 if you make a second account (I have like 3 or 4 anyways) you will get the two free boosters on each new account you make...
I do not want to reset.  I want to put my save data on a usb drive, copy it onto the other console, and play with my save data without losing any slots i purchased.  Can I do that?

2 + 2 = fish

I do not want to reset.  I want to put my save data on a usb drive, copy it onto the other console, and play with my save data without losing any slots i purchased.  Can I do that?

Have you asked any of the other PSN people around here? Killa and I are on ipad. I think he also plays on steam.
Don't buy sealed slots. Having to pay money in order to play one of the game modes is a silly idea and people should not be supporting it by purchasing slots. I agree sealed is a great, super fun mode. That's why I want it to be included as part of the game and not something I have to pay extra for.
lol preachin' to the wrong crowd buddy.
Don't buy sealed slots. Having to pay money in order to play one of the game modes is a silly idea and people should not be supporting it by purchasing slots. I agree sealed is a great, super fun mode. That's why I want it to be included as part of the game and not something I have to pay extra for.

You don't have to pay extra for it if you don't want to. You can play sealed with the 2 slots that are included with the game. Yes the extra slots are a cash grab and a gimmick but they are also a lot of fun.

So, if you saved all of your data on a flash drive, put it on another computer, and logged in with your steam account, could you still use your purchased sealed slots?

2 + 2 = fish

2 + 2 = fish

Yes, I am using killabx2 as an id, If I switch to killabkilledb I will have these same new decks...Yes, I was playing under fuzzy for three days with these new decks but had a tourny match with balisalisa so I swithced back to killabkilledb and it was the same decks fuzzy had...

Wait...did you have the match with Balisalisa? 'Cause no one reported anything, and we're all kinda waiting on you guys.

lol

lol
Couple of crappy decks but just nabbed a grave titan and thune with some other good cards...if I booster a hexboots and DoJ this can be a tier 1 godmode deck...
different slots indeed. got my first sphinx in the third slot... I am a happy camper.
Couple of crappy decks but just nabbed a grave titan and thune with some other good cards...if I booster a hexboots and DoJ this can be a tier 1 godmode deck...

Just finished building a slot like that.. my only slot with the thune.

1x swiftboots
1x spirit mantle
3x fiend hunters
1x diabolic tutor
1x archangel thune
1x rise from grave
2x aegis angels
1x grave titan

and a bunch of filler white creatures, pacify, staveoff etc.

**** thing is, i was thinking it was going to be the best deck ever after 6 packs.. but i got absolutely nothing out of the last 3 packs besides 1 murder.  So its basically exactly how it was after 6 packs, still pretty solid though.

So, to reset slots just create a new Game Center I'd, uninstall magic and reinstall magic?  
Great thread and builds.

I am loving the Kkite Shield in there!  Would an earth servant work as well or do your lands geet destroyed first, essentially making him a 4/4 and dying?.....I'd definitely play your combined build too with the idol, and green and red.....looks like a LOT of fun...

Use Act of Treason to snag a creature, swing with it, then sacrifice their creature to give them a jinxed idol .... and the rage quit begins ....

I've been wanting to combine switcharoo with an act of treason just to see if it works the way I think it does...

Yeah, Kite Shield on a thief is really amazing as it let's me draw a lot of cards after the first Force.
As puzzle said about the servants. Had the Earth Servants in while unlocking and always had to sacrifice all islands and swamps when I realized the Minotaur is better here and gives me more flexibility.

On average, how many slots did you guys buy before you got a good build that you play often?

As others I wanted a titan, RS Demon, DoJ or Angelic Destiny and thought it was a meh pool, but it turned out to work absolutely well in the PSN tournament and I have a funny combo in it. Don’t want to post my build yet as the tourney is still running.

How do you guys approach building decks with more than two colours? I want to try it out, but I'm afraid I'll lose any semblance of consistency. Are Terramorphic Expanses an absolute must to even attempt it? How do you decide which colours get an even split and which are just splashed (if any)?

I think Terras or Rampant Growth are necessary. For my decision about the lands I also decide what I want to play early on.

I have been playing for 10 years, but I fail to see how important that is past the 2 year mark.  So, since this thread is about trying to get people to buy more sealed slots, let us look at one of my worse pools, and you tell me if you would be happy with it.

blue: no instants or sorceries, no creature above 1 power

black: 7 copies of sign in blood, 13 other cards, but nothing that costs more than 2 mana

red: 3 bonebreaker giant, 4 regathan firecat, 2 turn to slag, some young pyromancer, 1 of each sliver, a few goblin warpaint

green: a bunch of giant growth, a few silklash, some of that 3 mana tutor creature, and a few advocate of the beast

white: a bunch of that 1/1 flier, 4 of that 1/3 flier with vigilance; 1 warrior priest of thune, 4 pillarfield ox, 5 of those artifact destoyers for 4 mana, a ton of safe passage, no copies of honor of the pure

artifacts: 3 kite shield, 11 staffs, 3 phyrexian hulks, 1 ring of three wishes, 1 door to nothingness

There are some other cards in there, but nothing else of note and nothing with deathtouch, reach, or trample.  Does that sound like fun to you?

That really looks crappy at first. Especially the 11 staffs... Still, I'm pretty sure you can make something out of it. E. g. 7 copies of Sign in blood along with some young pyromancer and 2 turn to slag sound promising. Add in the 4 firecats and some Tectonic Rift maybe. Hard to tell without knowing more of your cards.
What are your rares? I only see ring, door and silklash. Mind posting your whole pool?

Hexboots, primordial hydra, overwhelming stampede, and blue with tricks of the trade, mind spring, 3x essence scatter and other stall cards...Basically drawing through my deck, getting the boots and hydra and blasting through...or even with some weenies out, an overwhelming stampede with a primordial without tricks of the trade is insane...

Got cheated out of a booster pack, I only unlocked 3 boosters so far so I just reset it again (under the same ID as I want tese cards)....Windreader sphinx is meh too, have like 7 of them... 

2 + 2 = fish

That's seriously the only red cards in the pool?

I would go B/G with what you have. I think the choices are pretty obvious. Just don't run the Diabolic Revelation! I've only seen a few people use it and I normally win the turn after they play it. Diabolic Tutor is sooooooo much better.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Yea your options look like either B/G, mono black if you felt like going simple, or if you felt like doing something alternative, some form of land kill build since you have the 2 destructive forces, 2 pyromancers and elixir.  
I would love to see someone make a deck using the staff of the magus's
So i decided to buy 2 more slots... One of them has a primordial hydra, 4 yavimaya wurm, and only 2 smaller green creatures.....  What is that supposed to mean?

2 + 2 = fish

Also why do i keep getting 4+ master of diversion?

2 + 2 = fish

Would a mono black build with 3 copies of that work?

2 + 2 = fish

So i decided to buy 2 more slots... One of them has a primordial hydra, 4 yavimaya wurm, and only 2 smaller green creatures.....  What is that supposed to mean?

It means you're probably not going to make a mono green deck.

Random luck, and they are quite good.

Would a mono black build with 3 copies of that work?

Potentially, I did encounter one dude online who was doing that. He was using taste of bloods, bloodhunter bats, sign in blood, and death magus staves. I could see that being fun if you had an elixir or 2 as well. I don't really have the right pools to test it out though unfortunately. 

That card is insanely awesome. If you get a few of those on the board you get to swing unimpeded. Run all 4 if they fit in your build. 

I like your green hydra build, run the recluses and the hydras for sure. I might suggest running black with it. You don't have boots so the hydras will draw removal very fast. With 2x rise from the grave and a gravedigger at least you can get them back somehow....throw in the Sengir, the scorpion... and even a copy of kiteshield. Some might disagree but a kite shield on one of those 4x deathtouch creatures you have is a nasty defense... juist think, a 1/5 recluse or 1/6 scorpion with deathtouch. Its killing 90% of the creatures in the game and living...

Also, if you had more stave offs I 'dd suggest green and white as you could protect your hydra....You might even want a couple of oakenfform to put on other creatures tiodraw out removal so the hydras can stick...

They can wrk in a mono-build or the white one with an archangekl of thune or any other color if you are mostly that color and splashing white for the archangel. Playing a land buffs all your creatures +1/1...
1. If I felt like it, I have enough sign in blood and bloodhunter bats in one build to make a just okay mono black with 3 copies of the staff.  I could see that being kind of okay.

2. How does this look (after only 1 pack opened):

9 swamp
forest

1 primordial hydra
1 briarpack alpha
3 hunt the weak
4 yavimaya wurm

2 hypnotic specter
2 vampire nighthawk
2 giant scorpion
2 murder
1 gravedigger