Alternative Sealed Builds [Why you M8s should be giving Magic your $$$ for more Sealed Slots]

309 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have the Xathrid demon with 1 or 2 rune scar but I am afraid to run it since I am often creature light...
I'm up to 50 slots counting the Ipad reset and ps3 and I haven't seen that white creature that has hexproof is you control a human...
I am going to play with hese slots for about a weak and then I am going to see if I can reset them again post patch. Sadly, building decks is more fun than playing for me

I just test them a few games and move on to more building... 
I got one of these <strong>Windreader Sphinx's but I haven't built a deck with him yet:

condemn
suntail hawk
honor of the pure
white knight
spirit mantle
pacifism
2x mighty leap
2x master of diversion
2x griffin sentinel
3x safe passage
solmemn offering
healer of the pride
charging griffin
dawnstrike paladin

2x unsummon
mind spring
2x turn to frog
maritime guard
2x scroll thief
2x frost breath
divination
2x phantasmal dragon
2x archaeomancer
tricks of the trade
disorient
djin of wishes
2x harbor serpent
windreader sphinx

5x tormented soul
taste of blood
ravenous rats
3x sign in blood
vampire nighthawk
2x cower in fear
giant scorpion
diabolic tutor
bloodhunter bats
gravedigger
2x mark of the vampire
rotting legion
xathrid demon
minotaur abomination

3x striking sliver
volcanic geyser
goblin shortcutter
goblin war paint
molten birth
2x regathan firecat
3x slaughter cry
act of treason
2x maurauding maulhorn
tectonic rift
scourge of the valkas
cleaver riot
3x turn to slag
shivan dragon
destructive force

windstorm
3x fog
2x giant growth
2x predatory sliver
2x deadly recluse
3x mwonvuli beast tracker
2x advocate of the beast
brindle boar
3x oakenform
prized unicorn
2x rumbling baloth
3x hunt the weak
acidic slime
enlarge
3x yavimaya wurm

3x terramorphic expanse
britle effigy
elixir of immortality
leonin scimitar
staff of the wild magus
staff of the death magus
crimbling colossus
add me on steam =) highzenborg
Yes, you can reset your gamecenter nickname and re-install Magic 2014 to get new decks after patch.  I have done it.

The 'fate' of your cards is determined by your nickname for ipad.

I have reset several times and noticed that when a certain mystic appeared for a certain nickname, say Windreader, or Thune, or Titan, it will appear for several slots for the same nickname.

For example, some nicknames will get multiple copies of Windreader, some nicknames few copies of Thune, some nicknames will get Titans but some nicknames will have none of certain mystic rare.
I have the Xathrid demon with 1 or 2 rune scar but I am afraid to run it since I am often creature light...

gotta change that :

Thankfully one of my xathrid slots also happens to have a grave titan, and the other happens to have a young pyromancer.

I run creature light historically too. Not many things I hate more than seeing a turn two junker on turn 8.

edit: I also play them very carefully, only when I'm pretty confident that playing him will kill my opponent, not me.
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)
1: Time Warm, Dijinn, Switcharoo, Nightmare, Firewing Phoenix, Siklash Spider
2: Angelic Destiny, Rune Scare, Rise from th Grave x 2, Xathrid, Dijin, Shivan Dragon, 2x Protean Hydra, Hexboots, 2x Spirit Mantle
3: Overwhelming Stampede, Archangel of Thunem Indestructibility, Protean Hydra, Earthquake, 2x Awake the Ancient
 4: 2x Siklash Spider, Day of Judgment, Indestructibility, Honor of the Pure, Angelic Arbiter, Nightmare, Door
5: Dungrove Elder, 2x Overwhelming Stampede, 1x Enlarge, 1x Siklash, AngelicArbiter...
6: Runescar Demon 2, Xathrid Demon, Nightmare, Overwhelming Stampede, Enlarge, Void Stalker, Grim Return
7: 2x Siklash Spider, 2x Spirit Mantle, 1x Hypnotic Specter, 1x Rune Scar Demon
8: Sourge of Valkas (with two Bluee Dragons, Indestructibility, Dijinn, Hypnotic Specter, Awake the Ancient, 4x Deadly ERecluse
9: 7x Pacifsm and 5x Archaemancer, 2x Mindspring, 1x Switcharoo, Aegis Angel, Elixir, Dungrocve, Earthquake, Diabolic Revelations, Door, 
10 2x Dungrove Elder, Overwhelming Stampede, Indestructabiliity, Siklash Spider, Enlarge
11 Honor of the Pure, 2x Aegis Angel, Windreadeer, Scourge of Valkas and Inferno Titan, Mind Spring, Nightmare, diabolic Revelation
12 Hexboots, Archangel Thune, Enlarge, Protean hydra, Switcharoo, Dijin, Grim Return, Fireewing Phoenix, hexboots
 13: Angelic Arbiter, Diabolic Rev, Nightmare, Earthquake, Firewing Phoenix, 2x hexboots Midspring
14: Day of Judment, Inferno Titan with a Geyser, Ring, Rediect, Void Stalker, Dijin, Grim Return, Nightmare
15: mind Soring, 3x Switcharoo, Scourge ofValgas with a Shivan Dragon, Nightmare, Earthqyake, Protean Hydra, 2x Dungrove Elder, Enlarge
16, 3x Pyromancerd, Earthquake, Mindspring, Xathrid Demon, Aegis Angel, Inddestructibility, AngelicArbiter
17, 2x Firewing Phoenix (HELL YEAH!), 2x Honor of the Pure but only 6 crappy white creatures, Diabolic, Runescar, Swiftboots, Mind Spring, 3x Sleep
18: Day of Judment, Time Warp, Dungrovve, Siklash, Grim Return, Time Warp, Switcharoo
19: 3x jixed Idol, Honor, Earthqquake, Swiftboots, Day of Judgment, Overwhelming Stampede
 20: MY ONE AND ONLY GRAVE TITAN, Clone, Earthquake, Hex Boots, Angelic Destiny, Day of Judgment, Tutor, Aegis Angel, Grave Titan, Angelic Arbiter
I hve two rune rscar, a xathrid and a nightmare all in one pool, with 2x scorpion, 1x black knigt, a grim return and 1 booodhunter bat/gravedigger..Thinking ofditching the blue black here because all I ever grab with the rune scar is the second copy, but with green I can snag an enlarge or overwhelming stampede
I need help with deck #13...I ffigure with 2x hexboots I should be able to build a solid deck...
Do you guys find that you're always swapping between deck builds within specific slots? I just made a pretty bad ass U/B deck in my Jinxed Idol slot. I wish I could run them both.

Overall, I've found that my odd slots have all been excellent and have had multiple top notch builds, while my even slots have kinda been duds.
I'm up to 50 slots counting the Ipad reset and ps3 and I haven't seen that white creature that has hexproof is you control a human...

Angelic Overseer isnt in sealed.

Im at 30 slots and just finally got my first angelic destiny and archangel thune in my 29th and 30th slot.  Only card i havent gotten yet now is the windreader sphinx.  I have about 9 grave titans i think with 2 double ups. 
I hve two rune rscar, a xathrid and a nightmare all in one pool, with 2x scorpion, 1x black knigt, a grim return and 1 booodhunter bat/gravedigger..Thinking ofditching the blue black here because all I ever grab with the rune scar is the second copy, but with green I can snag an enlarge or overwhelming stampede

I have a similar pool to this one.  Because of Xathrid, I run 3 Crumbling Collosus'.  They're great blockers so hold onto until Xathrid comes out.  Having Rune-Scarred and Diabolic Tutor helps to get Xathrid on the board.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Do you guys find that you're always swapping between deck builds within specific slots? I just made a pretty bad ass U/B deck in my Jinxed Idol slot. I wish I could run them both.

Overall, I've found that my odd slots have all been excellent and have had multiple top notch builds, while my even slots have kinda been duds.

Not always but occasionally. Two of my favorite decks are made from one slot (a jinxed idol deck and a dungrove elder deck). 20 slots is pretty overkill now that I've been playing for a while, it's kinda hard to take advantage of all of them...
add me on steam =) highzenborg

My Door Deck is awesome with 7x pacifism but it also has 2x mind spring, 5x archaemancer, 1x Switcharoo.....problem is I only have sevwn creatures in it....5x archemmancer, 1 fog bank and 1 void stalker....so I can only switcharoo the archaeomancers really...but with 7x pacifism and 2x safe passage, a few unsummons, lots of draw, an elixir and an essence scatter and a sleep, I can go a long way... Cliffs: i love the door deck but I like the arhcaemancer swithcaroo deck too....

If the slot has enough cards to warrant more than one decklist, yes.  I have one pool of cards that I posted in the other sealed thread that I can literally build 6 good decks out of.  Not great decks, but good decks none the less.

Mostly though, each slot is a one trick pony.  I find the most optimal build and stick with it.  Why would I want to build something that would be lesser than what I can make?

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

imagine if my 5x archaemancer and 7x pacifism build played Uglywagons single creature grave titan build??? The game would NEVER end. That grave titan is never sticking unless you have boots, EVER and I don't think I am going to be able to keep it via switcharo either...we'd keep reshuffling our decks forever... LOL
Just created a new gamecenter ID and deleted magic....hopefully it resets my 20 sealed slots again after the patch! 
imagine if my 5x archaemancer and 7x pacifism build played Uglywagons single creature grave titan build??? The game would NEVER end. That grave titan is never sticking unless you have boots, EVER and I don't think I am going to be able to keep it via switcharo either...we'd keep reshuffling our decks forever... LOL

Unsummons may eventually let me get a 2/2 army going... but good god that would take forever. we should try it some time. lol

btw killa, I'm digging how many tri color decks I'm seeing. I may go try to create a couple more. I'm pretty jealous of how many mindsprings you've seen and especially slot 11.

Side note; I don't run Nightmare... ever. If I had one in a mono slot I would naturally.
NimNams 2014 DoTP Invitational Sealed Tournament Champion - Undefeated... 'merica. eyePad GC tag: increasing aperture (formerly: uglywagon)
Killa-

about 13. earthquake, 2x boots and 2x pheonix, tricks of the trade?

whats the rest of your R/U pool look like? Tricks+pheonix(or dungrove)+boots is really really effective.

Unsummons may eventually let me get a 2/2 army going... but good god that would take forever. we should try it some time. lol

btw killa, I'm digging how many tri color decks I'm seeing. I may go try to create a couple more. I'm pretty jealous of how many mindsprings you've seen and especially slot 11.

Side note I don't run Nightmare... ever. If I had one in a mono slot I would naturally.

True but you'd have to get the titan out....with only one my essence scatter and unsummon aren't letting it stick...If I had to switcharroo an archaemancer for a 2/2 token I'd do it...I have an elixir too and 5 archaeos... and 2x mindspring......I also have a fog bank and a void stalker....The game would go forever...but I dont think I have that deck anymore...game should be reinstalled in about 5 minutes...
Killa-

about 13. earthquake, 2x boots and 2x pheonix, tricks of the trade?

whats the rest of your R/U pool look like? Tricks+pheonix(or dungrove)+boots is really really effective.

Exactly what I was doing....U/B with 2x tricks and 2x mark of the vampire...but the creatures were basically bloodhunter bats, and flying condors. Low mana, the 4x enchantments were my "bombs"...

Oh and it was only 1x Phoenix....If I had 2x Iwould ave probably went RU...evasion and a recurring creature hard to pass up... I'd build a deck around 2x firewing phoenix...and I did in another pool...
Again? lol

You have no sentimentality for your builds eh? I fully agree though that I get most of my enjoyment out of building.
Killa-

about 13. earthquake, 2x boots and 2x phoenix, tricks of the trade?

whats the rest of your R/U pool look like? Tricks+phoenix(or dungrove)+boots is really really effective.

Exactly what I was doing....U/B with 2x tricks and 2x mark of the vampire...but the creatures were basically bloodhunter bats, and flying condors. Low mana, the 4x enchantments were my "bombs"...

Wait was I wrong about the phoenix's and the earthquake? Any decent redness?
Killa-

about 13. earthquake, 2x boots and 2x phoenix, tricks of the trade?

whats the rest of your R/U pool look like? Tricks+phoenix(or dungrove)+boots is really really effective.

Wait was I wrong about the phoenix's and the earthquake? Any decent redness?

Too be honest, it was a pool of weenies...I had a couple of baloths and avocates and 2x oakenform...I just figured the 2x boots unblockable and lifegain enchantments was the best way to go...I'll take that deck with 4x specter LOL

Angelic Overseer isnt in sealed.

Im at 30 slots and just finally got my first angelic destiny and archangel thune in my 29th and 30th slot.  Only card i havent gotten yet now is the windreader sphinx.  I have about 9 grave titans i think with 2 double ups. 

Someone posted it in another thread as part of sealed I think (maybe i am wrong). I remember looking at their deck and thinking, you only have one or two humans, this is lacing synergy.....I think it was lawsy's thread on helping people build sealed decks....
Can anyone answer this question?

If I buy sealed slots, will I be able to access them on both of my ps3s as long as I am in my account that bought them? 

2 + 2 = fish

Breakdown of mythic rares in my 30 slots

Grave Titan - 8 (with 2 double ups)
Primordial Hydra - 7
Ring of wishes - 5
Inferno  Titan - 4
Scourge Valkas - 4
Xathrid - 4 
Time Warp - 4
Gaea's Revenge - 2
Archangel Thune - 1
Angelic Destiny - 1
Windreader Sphinx - Zero

Again? lol

You have no sentimentality for your builds eh? I fully agree though that I get most of my enjoyment out of building.

I will miss the 3x jink, the number 9 AMAZING door deck and the 3x pyromancer blue build the most...The rest I can get over easily for newer stuff....
Still works, Windreader Sphinx in my first booster pack in the first slot LOL thhat wasn't there before...

Primordial Hydra - 7
Ring of wishes - 5
Inferno  Titan - 4
Scourge Valkas - 4
Xathrid - 4 
Time Warp - 4
Gaea's Revenge - 2
Archangel Thune - 1
Angelic Destiny - 1
Windreader Sphinx - Zero

That...that is insane. My envy is great.
Clone, Switcharoo, Windreader Sphink, Unsummon, Essence Scatter, Archaemancer, hex boots....have a destructive force, acidic slime and 2x tectonic rift.....god please give me anotheer Destructive force so I can have a legitimate land killer build....

This is so awesome LOL with 3 boosters to go....
ah man, that is so tempting. Have you switched your name back to see if you can get old pools back?

Primordial Hydra - 7
Ring of wishes - 5
Inferno  Titan - 4
Scourge Valkas - 4
Xathrid - 4 
Time Warp - 4
Gaea's Revenge - 2
Archangel Thune - 1
Angelic Destiny - 1
Windreader Sphinx - Zero

My first two slots on the reset both have a windreader sphinx in the base pool...you are smashing the grave titans though, damn. I've seen 2x in 40+ pools.
ah man, that is so tempting. Have you switched your name back to see if you can get old pools back?

No, you lose them. All gamecenter ids play with the same decks...Sphinx and mind spring in deck #2 with an archangel of thine and a healer of the pride...lots of potential...

No, you lose them. All gamecenter ids play with the same decks...

What do you mean?

So you have tried?

What do you mean?

So you have tried?

Yes, I am using killabx2 as an id, If I switch to killabkilledb I will have these same new decks...Yes, I was playing under fuzzy for three days with these new decks but had a tourny match with balisalisa so I swithced back to killabkilledb and it was the same decks fuzzy had...

What do you mean?

So you have tried?

Yes, I am using killabx2 as an id, If I switch to killabkilledb I will have these same new decks...Yes, I was playing under fuzzy for three days with these new decks but had a tourny match with balisalisa so I swithced back to killabkilledb and it was the same decks fuzzy had...

hmmm. ok, I get ya, thank you. Now I am wondering, if you uninstall, change name back to previous pool name, then reinstall, if at that point you'd get the old pool. (or did you test that as well?)

I think I may reset, I really want to build some new stuff.

What do you mean?

So you have tried?

hmmm. ok, I get ya, thank you. Now I am wondering, if you uninstall, change name back to previous pool name, then reinstall, if at that point you'd get the old pool. (or did you test that as well?)

I think I may reset, I really want to build some new stuff.

LOL I have no idea....but if this pool really sucks, its worth a shot!

If you get around to it before I do let me know what you find out. If it will work out like that, its work writing down a few things about my current pools before changing.
I think your cards get better with resets....had 2 mind springs in the last deck and here is slot # five  ithink:

Grave Titan, Redirect, 2x Mind Spring, Clone, Switcharoo, 2x Unsummon, I mean with 2x Mindspring, the 3x divination are kind of overkill...and an elixir to boot....

Is it too much to ask for another grave titan and some hex boots in the booster packs? lol
Sign In to post comments